Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

1 minute ago, DC_92 said:

In normal circumstances, maybe. From an outsider's perspective, they're in the top league playing against Celtic and Rangers and we're in the division below playing a 27 game season against part-timers which doesn't start for 2 months. He's also worked with their manager, so there's a connection there. It's not like they're an uber-diddy club like Livi or Hamilton either.

I'd also be surprised if he signed for them anyway.

Never realised the manager connection. As you say, it’s probably academic as seems unlikely to sign for either club but I doubt anyone would sign for united over us. Robbie Neilson knows the score. 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Just now, Vlad the impaler said:

Welcome to the party,an actual ITK poster🙏🏼

The only concrete info so far and he was being sarcastic. 

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

What have you been ITK about and got right? 

Lafferty

Naismith 

Smith

Walkers return.

Man City loanees.

Daniel Stendel.

What have you got right?

Edited by dazajmbo

Just now, Vlad the impaler said:

Welcome to the party,an actual ITK poster🙏🏼

I will say now. I know absolutely nothing this window apart from CG but that was an open secret. 

I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the fun. 

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

The only concrete info so far and he was being sarcastic. 

My statement will be proved to be 100% correct though. 

4 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Lafferty

Naismith 

Smith

Walkers return.

Man City loanees.

Daniel Stendel.

What have you got right?

I don't claim to be ITK though. 

kingantti1874

Still surprises me that people don’t seem to realise that one of the main purposes of football forums is gossip and rumour.

if you prefer to deal in fact - then there are better mediums..

moaning arseholes 😂

13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

League 1 salary now averages £1700pw with League 2 at £1000pw. Existing contracts honoured but all new ones must be included in the cap calculation. We can now pay much more than League 1 & 2 clubs. If Norwood is out of contract we should be  able to give him a much better salary than any club in Leagues 1 and 2 

As far as I know he has a contract until 2022.

6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

As far as I know he has a contract until 2022.

That link I posted claims he's getting paid £1700 x 5 = £8500 round abouts, plus bonuses on a 2 year contract, with no obligation to reduce it under the new salary cap.  Until he's out of contract or he signs a new contract it says the same.

So unless the club want him out which I can't see, or he wants out, I don't know why he would leave.  Can't find a reason.  I do realise the club wont release all the facts about their players, so there could be something.

AlphonseCapone

Ah the usual, you're not ITK seethe. Folk post stuff, if it turns out to be wrong then get over it. Stop reading JKB as though it's a scientific journal. Bizarre how salty folk get about other folk being ITK or not. 

5 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Ah the usual, you're not ITK seethe. Folk post stuff, if it turns out to be wrong then get over it. Stop reading JKB as though it's a scientific journal. Bizarre how salty folk get about other folk being ITK or not. 

Totally. Clearly a couple of returnees too. 😄

BackOfTheNet
4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Would much rather we talk about other players we won't get, like Norwood for example. Rather than ex-Hearts kids, that folk were glad to see the back of.

:spoton:

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

yep. Bizarre behaviour 

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, Barack said:

Would much rather we talk about other players we won't get, like Norwood for example. Rather than ex-Hearts kids, that folk were glad to see the back of.

we weren’t glad to see the back of Cummings. 

8 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I'd be amazed if we're after both Cummings and Norwood when we already have Boyce and Naismith.

I dont believe we will sign both, I know we are in talks with representatives from both, but I would imagine that we have a preferred option. Naismith won't be used as a striker next season if we get another striker in he will be dropping deeper.

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

we weren’t glad to see the back of Cummings. 

Correct.  He was never a Hearts player to start with.  He only came of interest when Butcher pulled out of the Hibs EOS squad.

What is our opinion of Doig at the Hobos?

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Ftfy.

Well no, absolute nonsense to suggest any hearts fan at the time was glad to see the back of him. We released him when he had a bad injury when we couldnt afford to pay for his treatment. 

Edited by kingantti1874

kingantti1874
Just now, Tasavallan said:

Correct.  He was never a Hearts player to start with.  He only came of interest when Butcher pulled out of the Hibs EOS squad.

What is our opinion of Doig at the Hobos?

bad mistake releasing him 

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

I dont believe we will sign both, I know we are in talks with representatives from both, but I would imagine that we have a preferred option. Naismith won't be used as a striker next season if we get another striker in he will be dropping deeper.

If we get Norwood I'll be suprised. 

kingantti1874
Just now, Barack said:

Not really. I never missed him. Don't miss him now. And couldn't care if he re-signed or not.

You watched him as a youth did you? You knew all about him? I very much doubt you even knew he existed. 

Leveins Battalion

I think we should just sign 10 strikers and Gordon.

**** the centre midfielder we have been looking for since Paul Hartley.🤣

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

You his Dad?  ****ing hell. All our woes started when Jason left. 

:lol:

Na, I’m just calling you out for talking bullshit.. what was it about his game or character that made you glad we released him at 16.🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️😂 load of ****ing shite, never heard as single hearts fan say “ glad we got rid of that kid Cummings” 😂

in fact - when he was scoring roughly 1 in every 2 games for the hobos most were questioning why the **** we’d released another goal scorer.

just say you don’t want to sign him now, that’s fine - an absolutely valid opinion.. don’t ****ing make out we were all delighted when he got a cruciate and was picked up by HV. That’s bollocks

Edited by kingantti1874

Vlad the impaler
13 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Is Cummings still represented by that parasite agent orange? If hearts really wants him I think he’d jump at it

One things for sure we cannot make the mistake of depending on Naismith (and now Boyce) remining injury free. 

Wighton, McLean and Uche just didn't cut it as stand in's. The championship might not be as high a level but we'll still need a decent strike force on the park every game. 

2 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

One things for sure we cannot make the mistake of depending on Naismith (and now Boyce) remining injury free. 

Wighton, McLean and Uche just didn't cut it as stand in's. The championship might not be as high a level but we'll still need a decent strike force on the park every game. 

Where’s James Keatings these days? 😎

5 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

This. We were fortunate zeefuik done us such a great turn. Had goals from keatings and hard to remember but even el hassanoui scored 4.

Plus walker and paterson chipping in.

We are going to be on the front foot, dominating games next season, so we certainly need plenty of forward options. At least two more forwards required, especially when injuries and suspensions hit. We don’t want to be relying on Henderson, if Naismith and Boyce are unavailable. They two won’t manage 90 mins in all 27 league games!

Cummings is a goalscorer and a Hearts fan, so he knows what it means to us. Rather have him than some of the dross that got us where we are! The more "Hearts" people the better as they understand that beautiful maroon jersey. 

BackOfTheNet

I really don’t think people are getting that when people say they don’t want us to sign Cummings or that we don’t need to sign Cummings specifically that it’s not the same as saying we don’t need back for two forwards. Of course no squad can rely on two players (even for a season that’s 3/4 of its usual length) to play 90 minutes up front. It’s just some people don’t see the point in the expenditure on someone like Cummings when there will be other options that will be a better fit in terms of financially, squad harmony, long or short term needs and abilities required. And of course some people just don’t want him specifically to sign, doesn’t mean they don’t see the need for more forwards at the club.

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Cummings is a goalscorer and a Hearts fan, so he knows what it means to us. Rather have him than some of the dross that got us where we are! The more "Hearts" people the better as they understand that beautiful maroon jersey. 

I get that it’s great for players to know what it means to pull on the maroon, but as Skacel, Adam, Quitongo etc will tell you you don’t have to born and raised in Edinburgh or have 6 degrees of separation from someone to ‘get’ the club. By the logic you’ve stated we should’ve hung onto Morrison? Levein should still be in charge? He was after all at one point manager of the national team and had successful spells in the past and a Hearts man through and through... I do get that clubs enjoy the ‘one of our own’ thing and it genuinely is nice to see. But personally I don’t like seeing players like Walker get very little grief for substandard performances when players who have contributed far more than he did last season get the “good riddance” chat, and that’s what that logic gets you.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

League 1 salary now averages £1700pw with League 2 at £1000pw. Existing contracts honoured but all new ones must be included in the cap calculation. We can now pay much more than League 1 & 2 clubs. If Norwood is out of contract we should be  able to give him a much better salary than any club in Leagues 1 and 2 

He does have an existing contract for the next two years, so if Ipswich let him go then they'd probably have to replace him with someone much cheaper for the reasons you just gave.

Cummings seems like a more realistic shout.

12 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

He's going to have a fire under his arse from day 1 which couldn't be better. 

He knows damn well his antics at Hibs haven't endeared him to the support, but its well known he was brought up a Jambo so there is section of the support willing to give him a chance on that basis. I think he'd be looking to make an impact from day one. I think one of the few things we as a support demand is players that give their all. Its not much to ask for, and I think Cummings would be coming in with that attitude. He's got a point to prove. We all saw that when he was at Hibs, a man possessed. He was so motivated to get it up us for releasing him. I think the same motivation would be there to prove he deserves to be here. 

We already have Boyce and Naisy, we can't afford to be running 3 strikers of that standard, we've never actually had that kind of quality upfront for years, so expecting a 3rd in that same bracket is madness. Cummings would be about the highest level/wage bracket I could see us getting for a back up striker, and I think he'd be pushing Boyce all the way for that starting slot too. 

I'm excited by the prospect, here's hoping. 

My youngest follows Ipswich and I took him to a few games last season in which Norwood played. He seemed to be what Ipswich were missing - someone to put the ball in the net, or hold the ball up to create chances for others. They started the season well, were top after a dozen to 15 games and Norwood was scoring goals. 

Then Ipswich pretty much imploded, I'm sure they ended up 9th when the season was ended, and Norwood had been injured and gone off the boil completely. It was almost like watching Hearts 2 seasons ago - form in the second half of the season was relegation form. The fans think much the same of Lambert as we did of Levein. 

However, I think Norwood is on decent money at Ipswich, he's the 'main man' as far as the fans are concerned - and if Ipswich can actually play to their potential they are one of the favorites to be promoted to the Championship. I just don't see him swapping that for a curtailed Scottish Championship - but would love to see it happen. 

Siphiwe Tshabalala
On 06/08/2020 at 09:41, BackOfTheNet said:

Grinds my gears to be honest. Follow a few players on Instagram and I see a lot of them busting a gut working out and all he does is play golf every second day. Now of course he’s entitled to and maybe works out plenty without it being filmed and that, but he’s never been the fittest and especially since he’s come back he’s incredibly slow. I suppose I don’t like how he seems to get a free pass from the support. Someone has accused another player for being lazy because in one particular game he didn’t track back - that’s Walker every game yet people never call him lazy. So I guess my golf jibes are to help balance out the criticism more fairly across the team.

Would love us to sign Cummings.

crunchy frog

This just popped up on my Flipboard phone app. I feel violated I'll need to look at the settings to prevent this happening again. Sneaky *******s though.

Screenshot_20200816-224731_Flipboard.jpg

Edited by crunchy frog

19 minutes ago, crunchy frog said:

This just popped up on my Flipboard phone app. I feel violated I'll need to look at the settings to prevent this happening again. Sneaky *******s though.

Screenshot_20200816-224731_Flipboard.jpg

What does "hail hail" actually mean to these tim scum?

chuck berrys hairline
14 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Irish for "heil heil"

Doctor Laxslax
45 minutes ago, gov said:

The fighting on here is mental 🤦‍♂️ 

Yeah.

The amount of numpties here who spout complete bollocks before retreating back under their rock with a whimper once called out, often uttering nonsensical shite and not addressing the point as they do so, is absurd.

Edited by Doctor Laxslax

jamboinglasgow

Can imagine if this week is the same as the last two weeks, then there will be some movement with the squad this week. From how close Uche's exit is, I can see that confirmed next few days. Possibly movement on Hickey. Have no inside info just guessing

SomethingAboutObua

Uche's exit seems to be taking a while considering he's meant to have had his physical already, is it happening or what?

J.T.F.Robertson
3 hours ago, JJ93 said:

A precursor to "the Pope's in jail"? :P

4 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

It’s also not exactly a secret he’s a ned and would be disruptive. 

Trusting Cummings to stick to strict lockdown rules would be shooting ourselves in the foot. 

Aussie Jambo
5 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

💯% spot on.. (good Jambo and he will rise to being back at Hearts.)

image.gif