Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Finlay James
5 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Lets hope this turns into a bidding war and drive the price right up.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Holyrood_Hearts
7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Of all the players mentioned, if we could just get Irvine and Gordon, plus Frear and another wide player if possible I'd be happy with that transfer window. Irvine is exactly what we need in midfield. Can't imagine how we'd be able to afford him (or Kingsley) though. We only got Gordon because of the Hearts connection.

Sorry but who’s Irvine? 

pettigrewsstylist
8 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

If it's a £2M loan fee and obligation to sign for a nominal fee or for nothing at the end of the loan term then that is absolutely side-splttingly hilarious, and is an exceptional piece of business by the club as Celtic might not see a penny! 

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

That would be mega!

1 hour ago, bazman said:

Fairly simple. Club takes a player on loan and pays the club they come from a fee for the loan of the player. 

What happens after the loan ends? I'm not trying to be smart here.  I have genuinely never heard of this before.

pettigrewsstylist
58 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Lets hope this turns into a bidding war and drive the price right up.

Seems it already has. 

LarrysRightFoot
8 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Doesn't even sound like anything as sneaky as finding a loophole, it sounds completely legit. Technically could happen to us later down the line as you say but I wouldn't expect a relatively well off Italian team to have any incentive to screw a wee Scottish team out of their cut. 

If a loan fee is effectively being paid instead of a transfer fee to avoid paying a sell on clause I would say it is sneaky and something we may fall foul of in the future. Sell on fees in general will effectively become worthless in the future. 

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

Maroonblood22
29 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

What happens after the loan ends? I'm not trying to be smart here.  I have genuinely never heard of this before.

Aaron will be at the end of his current Hearts contract when the loan ends so Bologna will be free to sign him and probably only have to pay a nominal development fee (not sure how it works internationally). We pocket the 2M as a fee for them loaning him for the year and wouldn't have to give any of that to Celtic since it's not a transfer fee :lol: 

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

If a loan fee is effectively being paid instead of a transfer fee to avoid paying a sell on clause I would say it is sneaky and something we may fall foul of in the future. Sell on fees in general will effectively become worthless in the future. 

Not the first time this has been pulled. Just make sure the clause includes temporary moves 

38 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Normally in the deal there is an agreement to buy for a certain fee or they return to their club. However as Hickey is out of contract at the end of that I'd imagine it would be a nominal one if any

9 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Yep, thought so. Glad somebody else liked him too. There were plenty on here who thought he was shite. Think it was down to his “shepherding” the ball out for goal kicks. 

I liked ‘The Shepherd’ too. He wAs the only player that could shepherd the ball out for a goal kick, from the half way line. 😂😂😂

Unknown user
10 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Did Jose Goncalves not go on a similar type of deal from us, and then end up returning? 

He was shite, but yes, I think Bednar did too IIRC except he completed the move to West Brom.

Rudi initially joined us on loan with an option to buy at the end of the season, which we took up then immediately sold him on.

14 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Would take Kabamba on that display.  Must be other guys like that available.  

Agreed. Kabamba plays like that regularly whereas Uche plays like that 1 in 10 games. 

indianajones

As much as it would be hilarious to do Celtic out of money, we should not exploit this unless it's been exploited successfully before. 

Sell on fees are contractual agreements. Don't fancy another trip to the courts so soon after being shafted. 

Vlad the impaler
1 minute ago, Kylejordan said:

Not a fan of this. We all remember the last speedster we signed who was at Inverness. Remind me what happened to him 🤔

Yip we sold him on for a profit👍🏻

22 minutes ago, EH23-Jambo said:

Agreed. Kabamba plays like that regularly whereas Uche plays like that 1 in 10 games. 

Have you seen Kabamba play much? 

3 minutes ago, Kylejordan said:

Not a fan of this. We all remember the last speedster we signed who was at Inverness. Remind me what happened to him 🤔

If we're never signing players from teams we've signed a dud from then we're severely limiting our pool :lol:

9 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Yip we sold him on for a profit👍🏻

Agree we sold him for a profit but the performances were god awful. Understand it is going to be very hard for Robbie to attract the kind of player we all want given we are in the championship so maybe 1 year deal then reassess once back in premiership 

8 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

If we're never signing players from teams we've signed a dud from then we're severely limiting our pool :lol:

Very true. So that takes Manchester United off of the list. Honestly thought that rashford guy would do very well upfront for us 😂

SectionDJambo

We need to remember that it’s JJ advising Robbie on potential signings this time. He did pretty well before, although he did have to go bargain hunting early on. 
He also signed a couple of duds, but the good ones far outnumbered them.

8 minutes ago, Kylejordan said:

Agree we sold him for a profit but the performances were god awful. Understand it is going to be very hard for Robbie to attract the kind of player we all want given we are in the championship so maybe 1 year deal then reassess once back in premiership 

We aren't signing him from Inverness. He has just played for Inverness in the past. Not really the same

Ainsley Harriott
28 minutes ago, Kylejordan said:

We sold him for a fee to an MLS side. Said fee was then used to sign Boyce

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Saw Mulraney getting a red card the other week in the mls tournament. 2 cheap yellow cards in the first half 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Tbf, Doofy changes his name/photo a lot (so what, some people like to change it up occasionally, that's why we have barbers and wallpaper shops etc.) but his username history is always on display and available. Spencer Dubeke OTOH is behaving oddly at best...

Wallpaper shops. 

I laughed way too much at that. 😂

27 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

We need to remember that it’s JJ advising Robbie on potential signings this time. He did pretty well before, although he did have to go bargain hunting early on. 
He also signed a couple of duds, but the good ones far outnumbered them.

I don't think JJ is having anything to do with signing players. Not sure where this has come from, my understanding is that he is a link to the board. Not seen anything that he is involved in finding players. Apologies if I have missed it somewhere though. 

36 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

Have you seen Kabamba play much? 

I seen Kabamba play against us in February at Tynie, I've watched him live on telly twice now and also seen the highlights of every game he's played and read about his performances too. Quote from today's Scotsman: "Nicke has been outstanding since he came to the club". 

I've also seen Uche first hand multiple times and on the very odd occasion he plays in a similar way but Uche is not consistent enough. 

We should be in a very good position to sign ambitious young players who would have (at least) a year in the championship to settle in before hitting the SPL. Far better to sign quality young players who we are going to keep than average 'journeymen' just to get us up (maybe) and get rid of afterwards. Any young player with ambition should be able to see the advantage of signing for Hearts.

Edited by alanbauld

2 hours ago, Maroonblood22 said:

Aaron will be at the end of his current Hearts contract when the loan ends so Bologna will be free to sign him and probably only have to pay a nominal development fee (not sure how it works internationally). We pocket the 2M as a fee for them loaning him for the year and wouldn't have to give any of that to Celtic since it's not a transfer fee :lol: 

Most likely that isn't what would happen. 

The reason that it would be a loan to obligated purchase would be because Bologna aren't able to pay now, or don't have the liquid cash due to virus etc like many others

27 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

We sold him for a fee to an MLS side. Said fee was then used to sign Boyce

Mulraney is fast , skilful , 2 footed but inconsistent . Was definitely worth a punt 

Absolute Scenes

Got banned from the transfer thread for some reason so I can’t post it there

looks like a potential new player having a medical at Oriam today, initials CM. Looks like Mulraney but with more Sean Clare hair style, so could be Hemmings 

FD3634F5-A141-4E04-BD85-221BDD416AEB.png

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Got banned from the transfer thread for some reason so I can’t post it there

looks like a potential new player having a medical at Oriam today, initials CM. Looks like Mulraney but with more Sean Clare hair style, so could be Hemmings 

FD3634F5-A141-4E04-BD85-221BDD416AEB.png

not sure who it is but would imagine that if it was hemming he would have his own initials - KH

Just now, Gav M said:

not sure who it is but would imagine that if it was hemming he would have his own initials - KH

A trialist is unlikely to have his own initialled gear. I'd imagine whoever it is has just been given some random kit.

SectionDJambo
17 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I don't think JJ is having anything to do with signing players. Not sure where this has come from, my understanding is that he is a link to the board. Not seen anything that he is involved in finding players. Apologies if I have missed it somewhere though. 

He'll not be specifically signing players, but he will give Robbie his opinion, which Robbie can then act on or not. This was said at the time of JJ returning, and it was emphasised that Robbie makes the decision on players to come in or go out.

My comment was due to guys going on about our recent signing policy, as though it won't change now the Levein has left Hearts.

Edited by SectionDJambo

11 minutes ago, Gav M said:

Defo looks like Roberts. He's probably just wearing Callum Morrison's vest for tracking

11 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

A trialist is unlikely to have his own initialled gear. I'd imagine whoever it is has just been given some random kit.

very true, never thought that one through, so who is the elusive CM then 😂

damn it, bazman has got in with an answer for that one! having a mare this morning!

Edited by Gav M

14 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hemmings.

Think it is Roberts though.

Screenshot_20200810-102601_Gallery.jpg

Was it not on here that Hemmings is in Ibiza on holiday?