Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

I am sorry but I need to see that link :)  Sounds a weird deal for a 18yr old on 500 quid a week?  Who's loaning who?.

Aaron Hickey transfer latest

Reports in Italy claim that Bologna are expecting to find out in the coming days whether they have been successful in their pursuit of Aaron Hickey.

Hickey is said to have been the subject of a £1.8million bid from the Serie A side.

The 18-year-old has reportedly been offered a five-year deal with with prospect of first team football.

And TuttoBolognaWeb are saying that the Italians are optimistic a deal can be done, and expect an answer in the coming days.

No mention of loaning him.

Edited by HMFC01

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Batistuta87
6 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Did Jose Goncalves not go on a similar type of deal from us, and then end up returning? 

Yes. Nurnburg took him on a loan to buy deal but didn't take up the option to buy because he done his knee in. We had him another season or so then he moved on a Bosman. Some player. 

Edited by Batistuta87

SomethingAboutObua

I would rather we didn't get Hickey back and were able to focus on using Garuccio or whoever we sign.  Preferred option for me is he goes to Bologna with a huge sell on clause, does well, joins someone for a huge fee and we get something huge.

3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yes. Nurnburg took him on a loan to buy deal but didn't take up the option to buy because he done his knee in. We had him another season or so then he moved on a Bosman. Some player. 

Yep, thought so. Glad somebody else liked him too. There were plenty on here who thought he was shite. Think it was down to his “shepherding” the ball out for goal kicks. 

BackOfTheNet
22 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

Its not a loan back.

Douglas Alexander in the Sunday Times(I cant provide a link)-

"The arrangement would see Hickey join on loan with immediate effect then sign permanently next summer "He described it as a" loan to buy deal"

This report suggests it is not as straightforward a deal as we would expect which has led to the speculation as to why it would be set up this way.

It actually happens frequently in football. Especially teams who have financial caps (like MLS and we’ll likely see it in Leagues 1 and 2 down south). Most high profile example is Mbappe to PSG, the loan part was to keep within FFP rules as they still had Neymar instalments for that financial period so Mbappe being an outright purchase would tip them over. As some have suggested it may be to the benefit of both clubs to structure a deal that way, like Liverpool & Leipzig showed with the signing of Keita confirmed but delayed for a year, shows contracts can be agreed well in advance if all parties are agreed.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Yep, thought so. Glad somebody else liked him too. There were plenty on here who thought he was shite. Think it was down to his “shepherding” the ball out for goal kicks. 

Goncalves was highly underrated by our support. Didn’t help he was often played at LB when was clearly a CB. He kept drifting more central and teams exploited our left. Much better when at CB and the only criticism I have of him is not shepherding the ball in the opposite direction, because he could’ve done it from the half way line and scored!

Bologna are set to win the race for Hearts fullback Aaron Hickey.

The youngster has been linked with the likes of Manchester City, Celtic and Everton.

However, Corriere dello Sport says Bologna have won the race for Hickey's signing.

Bologna have agreed to pay €2m for a season-long loan with the option to sign the defender outright next summer.

Bayern Munich made a late attempt this week to convince Hickey about a move to Germany, but he is happy with his choice of Bologna.

https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/bologna-burn-off-bayern-munich-attempt-to-land-hearts-fullback-aaron-hickey-4336224

by Carlos Volcano 2 days ago

not worth clicking the link, that's all there was written.

But Corriere Dello Sport claims that, barring a ‘sensational change of purpose’, Bologna will close an initial loan deal for the teenage Glaswegian, which contains a €2 million (around £1.8m) obligation to buy the player in June 2021.

Different wording used from another link but linked to same story.  Strange.  Obligation would mean they have to buy.  Option would mean they don't.

https://www.sheffieldwednesday.news/transfer-talk/report-top-flight-club-will-close-1-8m-deal-for-wednesday-linked-player/

https://tbrfootball.com/report-rangers-and-celtic-linked-outstanding-full-back-makes-decision-on-his-future/

same quotes both links.

Edited by HMFC01

9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Goncalves was highly underrated by our support. Didn’t help he was often played at LB when was clearly a CB. He kept drifting more central and teams exploited our left. Much better when at CB and the only criticism I have of him is not shepherding the ball in the opposite direction, because he could’ve done it from the half way line and scored!

He was subject to a lot of clichés like “you couldn’t slip a sheet of paper under his feet when he jumps”, or “he gets shorter when he jumps”. 🙄

I liked him too. Fast, strong and effective.

Kenneth Dubeke
9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

€2m for a loan 😂 deal

Loan with obligation to buy are commonplace in continental Europe 

15 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/bologna-burn-off-bayern-munich-attempt-to-land-hearts-fullback-aaron-hickey-4336224

by Carlos Volcano 2 days ago

not worth clicking the link, that's all there was written.

Different wording used from another link but linked to same story.  Strange.  Obligation would mean they have to buy.  Option would mean they don't.

https://www.sheffieldwednesday.news/transfer-talk/report-top-flight-club-will-close-1-8m-deal-for-wednesday-linked-player/

https://tbrfootball.com/report-rangers-and-celtic-linked-outstanding-full-back-makes-decision-on-his-future/

same quotes both links.

Could be a good move for him 

Just now, James1874f said:

Could be a good move for him 

Yeah.  No pressure to win trophy's although they do take their football  serious.  I think they have been mentioned as wanting to qualify for europe before but they don't lose their shit over it.  They take the  Serie A cup game serious though.

tolcross lad
27 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It actually happens frequently in football. Especially teams who have financial caps (like MLS and we’ll likely see it in Leagues 1 and 2 down south). Most high profile example is Mbappe to PSG, the loan part was to keep within FFP rules as they still had Neymar instalments for that financial period so Mbappe being an outright purchase would tip them over. As some have suggested it may be to the benefit of both clubs to structure a deal that way, like Liverpool & Leipzig showed with the signing of Keita confirmed but delayed for a year, shows contracts can be agreed well in advance if all parties are agreed.

Thanks for that info.

Bologna boss, Sinisa Mihajlovic, believes he has sealed the £2-million purchase of Aaron Hickey.

Hearts’ 18-year-old defender has a highly attractive counter offer to join Bayern Munich, and the German giants have been showing him around their facilities over the weekend.

However, during face-to-face talks at Bologna’s Casteldebole Sports Centre, he received a guarantee from former Serbian star Mihajlovic he would be made understudy to the team’s Dutch left-back, Mitchell Dijks.

An Italian media report of that commitment was enough to persuade Hickey to agree to join up for the 2020-21 Serie A campaign.

9 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Could this be the type of deal that would possibly **** Celtic over?

😀

Nothing in the Celtic fee mentioning cut from a fee paying loan, then he signs for free at the end of his contract?

They get nowt.

Must admit, that would be pretty funny.

Slippery slope though.

Batistuta87

If it's a £2M loan fee and obligation to sign for a nominal fee or for nothing at the end of the loan term then that is absolutely side-splttingly hilarious, and is an exceptional piece of business by the club as Celtic might not see a penny! 

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

bigsuperslim1874
1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

If Washington leaves we have Boyce, Naismith and Uche left. Not even going to include Wighton.

We could do with one more, but not Hemmings.

Why not Hemmings??

4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

If it's a £2M loan fee and obligation to sign for a nominal fee or for nothing at the end of the loan term then that is absolutely side-splttingly hilarious, and is an exceptional piece of business by the club as Celtic might not see a penny! 

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Yep. It seems, if that is the case, that we've found a loophole to get around the Celtic sell on percentage. They might get 30% of the training fee when he signs permanently for Bologna next summer. 

That would be very :pleasing:

Batistuta87
6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Yep. It seems, if that is the case, that we've found a loophole to get around the Celtic sell on percentage. They might get 30% of the training fee when he signs permanently for Bologna next summer. 

That would be very :pleasing:

Very! It would be a nominal fee nowhere near market value. I'd guess about £250k, meaning they would see less than £100k 😂

:glorious:

Kenneth Dubeke
2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Oh, Spencer. I must have really hurt you. :( 

Did Clare turn down Bayern to join Oxford Mothy?

LarrysRightFoot
19 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

If this is a loophole has it been used/tried before?

Also if it is a legitimate loophole there’s nothing to stop it happening to us in the future - I.e. with Hickey given Italian teams are particularly prone to loaning players before selling. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Oh, Spencer. I must have really hurt you. :( 

Never mind why hasn't he been launched, what drives a grown man to such lows. 

**** me. 

Guest ToqueJambo
29 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

This would be fantastic. Of course Celtic could just stump up a proper transfer fee themselves for once... They're happy enough to splash 3, 4, 5m on foreign randoms.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

Agreed, and your first sentence sums it up!! Why we have neglected the midfield is criminal over the last few years.....

We've never replaced Djoum. Maybe Robbie can persuade him to come back, he played his best stuff under Neilson.

bigsuperslim1874
3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Because he’s shit.

I admire you being straight to the point.....😂. I disagree however - would deffo get us a fair few goals.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 07/08/2020 at 04:25, Batistuta87 said:

Irvine would be a massive coup, and would instantly become one of our top players. It would be almost too good to be true if we signed him. Had a quick stalk and saw that Souttar and Garuccio both follow him on Instagram and I can't really see any link to Souttar other than a couple of caps for Scotland U19s. Garuccio obviously an Oz international teammate. 

Kingsley would also be a decent signing too but can't help but feel that Garuccio is more than good enough for the Championship. White would be fine as backup too (unless he's on a big wage and/or is leaving) and I'm assuming it would cost a lot less to have Garuccio and White than it would to have Kingsley alone?? Just guessing of course but he just be on much bigger wages than we're currently paying anyone....

Hemmings would be a decent signing too if Washington leaves. He's played and scored plenty in the league before so can't see any reason why he wouldn't do it for us too. Good signing for me, but not on too long a contract. 2yr max. 

Of all the players mentioned, if we could just get Irvine and Gordon, plus Frear and another wide player if possible I'd be happy with that transfer window. Irvine is exactly what we need in midfield. Can't imagine how we'd be able to afford him (or Kingsley) though. We only got Gordon because of the Hearts connection.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

If this is a loophole has it been used/tried before?

Also if it is a legitimate loophole there’s nothing to stop it happening to us in the future - I.e. with Hickey given Italian teams are particularly prone to loaning players before selling. 

Doesn't even sound like anything as sneaky as finding a loophole, it sounds completely legit. Technically could happen to us later down the line as you say but I wouldn't expect a relatively well off Italian team to have any incentive to screw a wee Scottish team out of their cut. 

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Doesn't even sound like anything as sneaky as finding a loophole, it sounds completely legit. Technically could happen to us later down the line as you say but I wouldn't expect a relatively well off Italian team to have any incentive to screw a wee Scottish team out of their cut. 

The loaning for a season then paying the transfer fee at the end has been common in recent years as a way to sign a player but keep their fee to the next FFP year. Its why PSG loan Mbappe for a season before paying over 100m euros the following summer.

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Of all the players mentioned, if we could just get Irvine and Gordon, plus Frear and another wide player if possible I'd be happy with that transfer window. Irvine is exactly what we need in midfield. Can't imagine how we'd be able to afford him (or Kingsley) though. We only got Gordon because of the Hearts connection.

Irvine would be our best signing since Naismith (maybe an even better signing than Naismith) if we somehow managed to land him. I really can't see it though. He must have been on min £10-15k p/w at Hull. Maybe even more. In the last couple of days there have been links to Sheff Wed and Birmingham so we won't be able to compete with them if true. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

I bet you cannot see the irony of your own post......

You think? There's absolutely zero doubt about who Doofy is, he's not pretending to be someone different. 

August Landmesser
2 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

I bet you cannot see the irony of your own post......

Tbf, Doofy changes his name/photo a lot (so what, some people like to change it up occasionally, that's why we have barbers and wallpaper shops etc.) but his username history is always on display and available. Spencer Dubeke OTOH is behaving oddly at best...

1 minute ago, August Landmesser said:

Spencer Dubeke OTOH is behaving oddly at best...

It’s one of the reasons he’s so easy to spot. That and a really obvious tell in his typing, that gives him away every time.

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Notts county 

You must have just been unlucky, he was something like a goal every 2.5 games, I think.

Tynecastlesmychurch
1 hour ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Could this be the type of deal that would possibly **** Celtic over?

In short... yes. They wouldn’t get any money from a loan fee. Only transfer fee or development fee. 

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It’s one of the reasons he’s so easy to spot. That and a really obvious tell in his typing, that gives him away every time.

Funny how he only joined last week but knows that you're Mothy and that Spencer and Hendicks, posters long gone (!), are different people.

Isn't that just the damnedest thing?

Unknown user
Just now, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

In short... yes. They wouldn’t get any money from a loan fee. Only transfer fee or development fee. 

We don't actually know that, there may well be provision for a cut of temporary transfer fees as well as permanent ones.

Just now, Smithee said:

Funny how he only joined last week but knows that you're Mothy and that Spencer and Hendicks, posters long gone (!), are different people.

Isn't that just the damnedest thing?

Tragic, isn’t it? Honestly don’t know what he gets out of it. A seriously strange chap with impotent rage problems.

Tynecastlesmychurch
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

We don't actually know that, there may well be provision for a cut of temporary transfer fees as well as permanent ones.

True. That is a possibility but until anything happens we won’t know. 

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

You must have just been unlucky, he was something like a goal every 2.5 games, I think.

Sure, but the standard in that league is dreadful. Look he might do okay in the championship if he keeps the weight down and works hard. He’s a championship player at best though.

fabienleclerq
8 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Please can we stop all this nonsense about him being loaned back if he goes to Bologna

Hickey has already been told he will be number 2 to their current left back and will play if he gets injured..but he will be part of the first team squad.

He will not be sent out on loan which is why he is attracted to the move

He goes, we get a fee, we pay Celtic their cut and we can try to negotiate a sell on clause...there really is nothing more than that to that particular deal. Please no nonsense about trying to cut Celtic out of any fee for that is all it is nonsense

Re other clubs who knows but keeping him on loan is not part of any current deal with other clubs 

Who said he's getting loaned back? The loan agreement would be bologna loaning him for a year with them having agreed to pay the fee after the year expires. He'd be at bologna for that year. Nonsense indeed 🙄

HEARTS FOREVER
5 hours ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

I love it. 👌

4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Sure, but the standard in that league is dreadful. Look he might do okay in the championship if he keeps the weight down and works hard. He’s a championship player at best though.

EFL2 is a very poor standard, I agree completely. He does have a good goal scoring record pretty much everywhere he’s been bar two clubs though. I think he’d do a job for us, if given the supply. Keatings was a bit shit overall too, but did us a turn::

5E4644BC-FA6D-4199-9FED-7CADB4CB8B13.png

39 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Wish I knew what a loan fee means.

Fairly simple. Club takes a player on loan and pays the club they come from a fee for the loan of the player.