Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

2 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

I don't think that's realistic given he was a 4th division player in England before joining us and has scored just 5 in 40 games for us. 

+ important goals in the Scottish cup....

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

heartsfc_fan
1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

Kane Hemmings in trial from next week apparently. 

Is he not still with Dundee?

I'd happily take him over Uche if so.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Is he not still with Dundee?

I'd happily take him over Uche if so.

Not after today. 

heartsfc_fan
Just now, davemclaren said:

Not after today. 

Cheers 👍

Just seen the news. Way down the list on BBC sport so missed it.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
11 hours ago, bazman said:

He will play for Bayern II in the German third tier id imagine that way he is playing their system and can be monitored 

That makes sense. 

gowestjambo
6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

So what else are we going to do with them genius if we can’t get rid of them? You said they need cleared out, for the third time how do you expect Neilson to do this?

Get off your high horse. Everyone knows our squad is not good enough. They need to moved on where possible. Nowhere did I say they need to be emptied tomorrow. Any opportunity to rid ourselves of the least talented bunch of footballers I have ever witnessed, should be taken.

Tommy Brown
7 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Looked st Wiki

Kane Ruudi Hemmings is an English footballer, who is currently a free agent.

👍

BackOfTheNet
18 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Looked st Wiki

Kane Ruudi Hemmings is an English footballer, who is currently a free agent.

👍

Also interesting from his Wiki is he was a youth player at Rangers (did not know that) and he made his first league appearance for them in the lower division coming on as a substitute for Lee McCulloch - expected soon to be assistant.

Leveins Battalion

ffs going by some of the doom merchants on here should we not be starting a tick tock thread for us rather than Hibs 🙈

Neilson will slowly snd surely cleanse this club of the mercenaries who have took much and gave little.

Hemmings is a funny one. Scores goals most places he’s been, about 1 goal in 2.5/3 games over his career, with times with great spells at some places and then rubbish at others. Barnsley and Oxford stick out as the outliers in his goal-scoring form. At Scottish Championship level and similar (slightly higher too) he’s a goal scorer though. At 29 having bounced around everywhere from Rangers to Cowdenbeath, he would hopefully see HMFC as his last chance to play at a good level. I’d be keen to give him a shot. There should be goals between Boyce and Hemmings if we get the supply right.

3955ACE0-0BB3-438D-831B-1591508CF164.png

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

BackOfTheNet
12 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Hemmings is a funny one. Scores goals most places he’s been, about 1 goal in 2.5/3 games over his career, with times with great spells at some places and then rubbish at others. Barnsley and Oxford stick out as the outliers in his goal-scoring form. At Scottish Championship level and similar (slightly higher too) he’s a goal scorer though. At 29 having bounced around everywhere from Rangers to Cowdenbeath, he would hopefully see HMFC as his last chance to play at a good level. I’d be keen to give him a shot. There should be goals between Boyce and Hemmings if we get the supply right.

3955ACE0-0BB3-438D-831B-1591508CF164.png

If what they say that Ikpeazu is to leave then we’ll definitely need cover (don’t really see Henderson as cutting it as a striker) for Boyce, Washington and Naismith, the latter not being an out and out striker anymore. And especially if Washington leaves. I’d take Hemmings in that scenario definitely.

6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

If what they say that Ikpeazu is to leave then we’ll definitely need cover (don’t really see Henderson as cutting it as a striker) for Boyce, Washington and Naismith, the latter not being an out and out striker anymore. And especially if Washington leaves. I’d take Hemmings in that scenario definitely.

Yeah, me too. Basically a straight swap for Uche. Scores goals, and that’s what we need. Isma and Lafferty proved it’s more than just sticking two good players together, you need the blend, but Hemmings and Boyce score goals. Get the supply right and we would have two strikers who know how to hit the net. Feeling quite good about the possibility of Hemmings actually.

Would like to know what the **** went wrong at Barnsley and Oxford though... 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

Leveins Battalion

Unfortunately because of a combination of where we found ourselfs and the actions of the Scottish Football 

mafia we are were we are.

I suspect we will see most of this squad leaving and a short term squad will be made up of reliable guys of 

Frear/Hemmings calibre etc that Neilson knows,7 out of 10's every week and like others have said,problaby thankfull to play for such a huge club at the tail end of their careers.

I look forward to the adventure.

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Yeah, me too. Basically a straight swap for Uche. Scores goals, and that’s what we need. Isma and Lafferty proved it’s more than just sticking two good players together, you need the blend, but Hemmings and Boyce score goals. Get the supply right and we would have two strikers who know how to hit the net. Feeling quite good about the possibility of Hemmings actually.

Would like to know what the **** went wrong at Barnsley and Oxford though... 🤷‍♂️

Be interesting to see how many of the appearances were from the bench and how many starts. As a striker’s stats can get skewed when that happens as there goals to games ratio gets out of whack. For example their stats may look like they’ve only scored 1 in 10 but in reality they came on for the last 10 minutes of each game so really it’s 1 in just over 1 game when taking into account playing time. No idea in Hemmings case of course. Certainly a player worth a punt on a one year with a one year extension option type contract, like Dikamona had.

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Be interesting to see how many of the appearances were from the bench and how many starts. As a striker’s stats can get skewed when that happens as there goals to games ratio gets out of whack. For example their stats may look like they’ve only scored 1 in 10 but in reality they came on for the last 10 minutes of each game so really it’s 1 in just over 1 game when taking into account playing time. No idea in Hemmings case of course. Certainly a player worth a punt on a one year with a one year extension option type contract, like Dikamona had.

This is true. At Barnsley when he went on loan to Mansfield he was straight back to putting them in again. Might have been as you suggest. Maybe one of our Stendel groupies can tell us more? 😄

11 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Washington in talks with Charlton.

Not unexpected

Had hoped he would stay though. Movement at times looked good felt he wouldve pushed on in the championship 

Famous 1874

Hemmings out for Washington would be alright, especially for the Championship.

Hope we get a fee for the wash and move on as he has just not got going since his move last summer 

Gordon Ramsay

Hopefully get a decent bit of cash for Washington. No doubt there's talent there but never really got going. 

Vlad the impaler

I’d hoped we’d be emptying some of the crap players before the ones I’d rather have kept. We still need some quality to win this league,Washington was different from the rest of the strikers🙄

Famous 1874
8 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Is there a media outlet source for that? Or just what you have heard 

Gordon Ramsay
5 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

I’d hoped we’d be emptying some of the crap players before the ones I’d rather have kept. We still need some quality to win this league,Washington was different from the rest of the strikers🙄

I'd imagine we could do with some cash and Washington is one of the few players we have with a bit of value. 

Frustrating as I think he could have been decent for us but he probably sees himself above Scottish Championship level. 

Harry Potter
9 hours ago, neilmcd22 said:

Clare being on the field of play for 2 of those wins...folk sad to see him leave need a reality check

Always thought he was very lazy, for a young chap.

Our squad has been way too big for years. As we have loads of time before any footie we may as well sell/let go as many as possible then see what we are left with. Sorry to see the better ones go but that’s reality. Have time to build. Spine of team is strong

13 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Take it with a pinch of salt but seen a few people on Twitter that the fee is around 150k. 

Poor business yet again from the club in the transfer window. Budge accepts / declines the offers, so another howler from her if true. 

We got more for Mulraney and he wasn’t even half the player Clare is. £150k if true is disappointing 

9 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I can imagine that he has a club lined up, so we release him so he is free to move. If there was a fee that club would not go for him. So better for us to end contract saving money on wages than wait for someone to maybe pay some money for him.

Correct

Glamorgan Jambo

Totally understand we have to lose players and trim the wage bill.

Was still a bit disappointed to see Clare go.

Really not in the slightest concerned about the departure of Washington.

Midloth_Iain
13 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Likewise ....

I think the nature of their deals makes it easier for certain players to find new clubs. Perhaps not so easy to move on Wighton, Uche, etc.

Would have kept Washington

Prince Buaben

if ever a player summed up Hearts under Levein then its Sean Clare.

Glimpes of ability and talent but lack of application and effort.

He did buy into Stendel and played well from Dec - Mar. 

Think the Championship would have been too physical for him at centre midfield.

jamboinglasgow

So by the end of today, it sounds like Washington and Clare will be off. As someone rumoured here Uche and Wighton will have their contracts terminated, Hickey looks off but just a matter of where and if we can get rid of one goalkeeper and Damour, then I make it a 20 player first team squad with quite a cut in the wage bill. 

Rick Sanchez

I did say most internationals would be offski before Euro 2021. I'd expect Smith next.

Fortunately Boycey wants to repay the faith shown in him, hope we build around him and get the ball to him like he did Shankland.

8 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Did we get a fee for Clare?

Heard we got back what we paid for him.  Don’t know if true or not. 

BackOfTheNet
10 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

How anyone can think Clare is lazy is ludicrous. But I’ve covered this extensively in this thread so won’t elaborate, just didn’t want this nonsense statement to go unchecked.

Famous 1874
9 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

We got more for Mulraney and he wasn’t even half the player Clare is. £150k if true is disappointing 

100% agree mate.

13 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

What a load of utter nonsense. 

John mcCartney

One thing for sure Sean certainly changed his fecking tune in the time he was here.The early days were fecking abysmal.
Application went up a notch,confidence grew and stuck in there at the end.
Good luck to the lad,hope he continues where he left off in his mindset.

Edited by John mcCartney

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Famous 1874 said:

We signed him for a free so can’t be true 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/sean-clare-joins-jambos

We had to pay a development fee due to his age. Because he went across the border we paid much less than we would had he moved between English clubs (Celtic did it with Dembele who they got for only £500k and Rangers did it with Aribo.)

kingantti1874

Guys, we are in the championship.. we will want as few players earning north of £5k per week as possible. 

CUTS are the priority - not fees.

People moaning about the size of fees we’re letting players go for this summer. Remember we made the players take 30% wage cuts just a couple of months ago. We can’t then go holding the players to ransom when they get the opportunity to increase their wage elsewhere. 

I’m pretty sure part of the negotiations of the salary cuts (apart from threatening to invoke clause 12) would have been release clauses.  

Captain Canada
8 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

+ important goals in the Scottish cup....

Not important enough for us to win it. He also hit the underside of the stand roof at least twice from inside the box last season! 

11 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Totally understand we have to lose players and trim the wage bill.

Was still a bit disappointed to see Clare go.

Really not in the slightest concerned about the departure of Washington.

This is where I’m at too. I’d have preferred to lose Uche, Walker and Washington, and keep Clare. Needs must though, I suppose. Don’t suppose there’s much value in Uche or Walker, so the guys that might bet us a bit of cash are the ones that end up moving on. :( 

On the positive side, I was fearful that we’d struggle to get decent players to come to us in the Championship, especially this season, but if Hemmings is true, then him and Frear should do a job, and it looks as though we are able to find some useful players who are interested in coming in.

Harry Potter
8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

How anyone can think Clare is lazy is ludicrous. But I’ve covered this extensively in this thread so won’t elaborate, just didn’t want this nonsense statement to go unchecked.

You obviously have never watched him.

Like the time he actually avoided an attacker against motherwell which caused them to score. 

Edited by Harry Potter

Famous 1874
6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

We had to pay a development fee due to his age. Because he went across the border we paid much less than we would had he moved between English clubs (Celtic did it with Dembele who they got for only £500k and Rangers did it with Aribo.)

Ah yes I remember that, wasn’t it like 50k

Captain Canada
5 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

One thing for sure Sean certainly changed his fecking tune in the time he was here.The early days were fecking abysmal.
Application went up a notch,confidence grew and stuck in there at the end.
Good luck to the lad,hope he continues where he left off in his mindset.

He was coming  back from a long term injury when he signed and thrown in too quickly, same story for a few others too. 

He wasn't fit enough initially and was played all over the place which didn't help him settle. 

We saw under Stendel what a good player be can be if managed correctly. 

kingantti1874
32 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

It’s the highest paid ones.. with the exception of a couple. Damour and Doyle our is a must.