Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Henderson just signed a 2 year contract a month or so ago FFS and was doing great with Stendel until he felt forced to go more defensive and play less attack minded players

anyone that knows any player at the club will tell you Stendel’s training changed to focus on defence after those two games we shipped all those daft goals

we’ll have a fair amount of youth in the tram I think - will be good for the future

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Clearly 

Well then that is strange, sure someone would have paid 20k for both or a buy one get one free deal .. 

Just now, steve123 said:

Well then that is strange, sure someone would have paid 20k for both or a buy one get one free deal .. 

the way it works is their agent touts them round other clubs to see what’s on offer. Once they have offers they give us a termination option which gets them off our payroll at significantly less cost than paying up the rest of their contract. In the lower leagues there won’t be many transfer fees this summer. Huge surplus of players. 

Johnny Sandiego
8 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

We need to look at the bigger picture here, it's OK building a team/squad to get us back to the premiership however Garuccio, Wighton and Uche aren't good enough for the premiership which means building a team for championship then trying to move players on next season again and rebuilding again. 

I think its more a budget thing though. We can't afford to bring in a team full of new players this season under the circumstances. The wages for our squad as it stands are unsustaniable in a reduced game championship.

We will need to trim the wage bill and get one more season out of some of the players who are clearly not good enough for top 6 premier league. Not ideal i agree but unavoidable.

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

From someone involved 

Was it a guess from someone involved? 🤔

15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Uche and Wighton contracts to be terminated. 

Wighton is the poster boy for the Levein era.

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

I cannot believe any of our fans are making a case to retain absolute losers, who won FOUR games out of THIRTY. This entire squad with very few exceptions need to be cleared out. No other team of our supposed stature would retain these duds!!!

Explain how we get rid of them? Have you asked the others or just me?

Clare was improving but this move is best for him and Hearts. Hopefully a few more to go with 2-3 additions in.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Sorry if posted earlier in the thread but Hemmings has quit Dundee today. Would be a good addition to the squad if Uche and Wighton go. 

It has and he would, unfortunately it seems he left because he wants to go back daan saaf.

6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Wighton is the poster boy for the Levein era.

I‘d say Naismith was.

11 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Was it a guess from someone involved? 🤔

Didn’t say. Wouldn’t need to guess though. 

SomethingAboutObua

Good move for Claire and not surprised, good luck to him and maybe a sell on fee added in, hope we got a decent fee anyway. 

Surely Damour and Doyle have to be going by the way? Not seen them mentioned  

merseyjambo

I find it sad that Sean Clare is getting a lot of stick on here. Clare definitely had ability. He clearly is a player who needs the arm round his shoulder not the stick. Under DS we saw a different player and a glimpse of what we should have had from the start. oxford may have come into a bit of a windfall with Roofe signing for Rangers. I’d hope we’d get at least 200k for him.

Washington may end up at Stoke now they have stayed up. They have a couple of decent young strikers in Campbell and Gregory. I know a few EPL clubs were watching Campbell. They’ve also got Sam Volks but after that they’re pretty light up front. O’Neill knows him and may hopefully be tempted to take him there. Again we should be looking for about 250k

Captain Canada
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Releasing Uche would be a weird one. Surely there's a fee to be had for him....

I don't think that's realistic given he was a 4th division player in England before joining us and has scored just 5 in 40 games for us. 

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

why do folk think we can get big fees for largely talentless players 

Weakened Offender
15 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I‘d say Naismith was.

Naismith sadly epitomised it. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not one single player I will be sorry to see the back of. 

Fair or not we should never have been put through the mill like this. 

Can't get rid of them all, more the pity

I'm sure one of the red top rags reported the Tim's were interested in Uche. A million quid at time, if only

7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Who would pay money for Uche? Other than a development fee when he was 18 no club has ever paid a fee for him. 

gowestjambo
20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Explain how we get rid of them? Have you asked the others or just me?

Yes I deliberately picked on you...... My point is there can be no case to argue to retain players who woefully underperformed, as some fans are suggesting.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, gowestjambo said:

Yes I deliberately picked on you...... My point is there can be no case to argue to retain players who woefully underperformed, as some fans are suggesting.

So how do we get rid of them? Strange you would ask me though as I’m not exactly someone who puts up with crap players. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I wouldn't want to lose Boyce tbh, think he'll turn out to be a cracking signing.

Definitely, it’s unlikely someone will pay double what he cost us in January. 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

I don't think that's realistic given he was a 4th division player in England before joining us and has scored just 5 in 40 games for us. 

11 moves in 7 years, 45 goals in 180 games, injured every season. Thinks he’s unplayable on his day and nearly the finished article. Any fee would be a miracle. 

39 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

the way it works is their agent touts them round other clubs to see what’s on offer. Once they have offers they give us a termination option which gets them off our payroll at significantly less cost than paying up the rest of their contract. In the lower leagues there won’t be many transfer fees this summer. Huge surplus of players. 

fair play cheers for explaining

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Nobody knows what Clare's position is. A misfit. 

An expensive error symptomatic of an era of promise and it will be ok next week. 

It wasn't and Clare epitomised that despite the bizarre turn of events sparked by a brainless challenge to be red carded.

I'm afraid I was one of the suckered people who backed him. 

**** the lot of them,  good riddance. 

4 wins in 30 against utter dross half the season 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

What?  For Morton?  What’s the point in that? 

Uh, to win and score lots of goals maybe? 

I'm confused by your approach to this season. You sound worried and nervous.

We WILL be considerably fitter than every other team. Even we just start the season with our current squad, NO club has players of the calibre (proven at a high level) of the players I just listed there.

A front line from Washington, Boyce and Naismith or all three will cause havoc with Walker as a roving No. 10 which we know he can do. Uche off the bench will be devastating. Did you not watch the championship in 14/15? We didn't have the same quality up front and scored for fun. The goalies and defenders down there are largely atrocious. Players like Walker who can ping them in from distance will score 10 easy. And this time around the league has no Hibs and Rangers and every club has been massively weakened. Why so worried?

Put it this way, we easily beat Caley with a forward line of Uche and Keena. When we had Naismith available we hammered them 5-0.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

I think its more a budget thing though. We can't afford to bring in a team full of new players this season under the circumstances. The wages for our squad as it stands are unsustaniable in a reduced game championship.

We will need to trim the wage bill and get one more season out of some of the players who are clearly not good enough for top 6 premier league. Not ideal i agree but unavoidable.

Well put. 

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

We WILL be considerably fitter than every other team. Even we just start the season with our current squad, NO club has players of the calibre (proven at a high level) of the players I just listed there.

A front line from Washington, Boyce and Naismith or all three will cause havoc with Walker as a roving No. 10 which we know he can do. Uche off the bench will be devastating. Did you not watch the championship in 14/15? We didn't have the same quality up front and scored for fun. The goalies and defenders down there are largely atrocious. Players like Walker who can ping them in from distance will score 10 easy. And this time around the league has no Hibs and Rangers and every club has been massively weakened. Why so worried?

A mixture of Washington, Boyce, Naismith and walker were getting their arses handed to them regularly by the likes of Hamilton and St Mirren. There isn't much evidence to say they will romp the league and bang in the goals. There is evidence to suggest they are injury prone, uninterested and cant score goals.

jamboinglasgow
19 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Who would pay money for Uche? Other than a development fee when he was 18 no club has ever paid a fee for him. 

I can imagine that he has a club lined up, so we release him so he is free to move. If there was a fee that club would not go for him. So better for us to end contract saving money on wages than wait for someone to maybe pay some money for him.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

A mixture of Washington, Boyce, Naismith and walker were getting their arses handed to them regularly by the likes of Hamilton and St Mirren. There isn't much evidence to say they will romp the league and bang in the goals. There is evidence to suggest they are injury prone, uninterested and cant score goals.

There is plenty of evidence.

Hungry hippo
32 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I expect we've been trying to move him since the January window given Stendel's opinion of him. We'd have a good idea by now if there was any chance of getting a fee and it appears not.

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Put it this way, we easily beat Caley with a forward line of Uche and Keena. When we had Naismith available we hammered them 5-0.

How can you see me as worried?  We will piss it.  The more of Leveins shite off the books the better. 

Uche :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Nobody knows what Clare's position is. A misfit. 

An expensive error symptomatic of an era of promise and it will be ok next week. 

It wasn't and Clare epitomised that despite the bizarre turn of events sparked by a brainless challenge to be red carded.

I'm afraid I was one of the suckered people who backed him. 

**** the lot of them,  good riddance. 

4 wins in 30 against utter dross half the season 

Clare being on the field of play for 2 of those wins...folk sad to see him leave need a reality check

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

Going to be a big reality check over the coming weeks.  Expect any player that has a transfer value will be fair game, and will be replaced with lower quality equivalents.  We’ve got a hefty fine and legal costs coming, along with a huge hole in revenue that’ll need plugged.  

Agree and disagree. 

Court fees and fines will be covered. 

We signed Robbie and Gordon. 

Guys like Clare, Hickey, Washington, Damour and some others simply won't want to play in the championship, we will shift them. 

Win-win suits them and us. 

Kenneth Dubeke

Uche and Wighton are desperately poor players. Neither should be at Hearts in a million years 

Can see Olly Lee getting a move despite Neilson saying he's in his plans 

I think robbie will have had a few days now just to chat with players and see who is wanting to stay or not. Then its a case of if you want out then we will see what bids are available or we will release you if you agree to terminate contract. I expect a fair few to leave but we will be able to replace with players robbie wants. 

Get as much money for players out as possible.

Robbie said 3/4 players in, reckon it will be 5/6 by time we start the season

gowestjambo
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

So how do we get rid of them? Strange you would ask me though as I’m not exactly someone who puts up with crap players. 

I never asked you anything. I made a comment about you making a case for White and Garrucio. (Which is strange for someone who says they dont put up with crap players......)

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

I never asked you anything. I made a comment about you making a case for White and Garrucio. (Which is strange for someone who says they dont put up with crap players......)

So what else are we going to do with them genius if we can’t get rid of them? You said they need cleared out, for the third time how do you expect Neilson to do this?

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Were they? Which games were these considering all of them were injured for significant parts of the season.