Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

So it works then?

Not all the time, as guys like Oshiniwa would prove, but I would say Neilson got more right than wrong.  Since Levein was the manager him picking the players certainly didn’t in the vast majority of signings. Murray has proved himself to be not fit for purpose and should’ve been replaced. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

5 minutes ago, larne hmfc said:

Apologies if I've missed it, but is the young lad who was playing in America training with us? 

US youth international goalkeeper Kevin Silva?

Now playing for Toronto FC.

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

If Murray is only recommending 5 players per position than that is the most pointless role in history.What is his remit?What is Hearts signing policy?

We knew it was signing players with injury problems or issues.That worked out well.

I could type in left wingers aged 23-27 on transfermarkt right now and pick 5 players then  watch their YouTube highlights and pick who I thought was best.

Most recently it was a combination of Murray and Macphee using their contacts and Wyscout to find players, the proof is in the pudding as they say. 
https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hearts-assistant-austin-macphee-how-15235333

Edited by Pasquale for King

5 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

US youth international goalkeeper Kevin Silva?

Now playing for Toronto FC.

No mate. There was a young lad playing in America liked last week 

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I watched all Dundee Utd's games last season that were live.

The standard was abysmal including Utd.Take Shankland out and they are a terrible team.

I believe you. I’d be majorly pissed off if we toiled.

TyphoonJambo
33 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

So that’s where the Typhoon bit relates to !?!

Mate it wasn't funny. I spent the night lying on the floor evacuating from both ends and shakin like a shittin dog. Thought i was heading for organ failure, though not sure your A hole is actually classed as an organ. A part of the body and i can get a tune out of it, wind assisted, so i suppose it is🎶😁

Whatever, i wouldn't wish the place, or condition, on anyone. 

18 minutes ago, larne hmfc said:

Apologies if I've missed it, but is the young lad who was playing in America training with us? 

Nicholson? Signed for Bristol Rovers. 

Edited by GinRummy

58 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

I doubt the problem will be quality, we’ll have better players than any other team in the league in every position most likely. The issue will be pressure and how the team handles the expectations. Different from our last time in the championship which had rangers and hibs so less pressure. Hopefully RN can manage it, he did similar with DU. 

I’m sorry, but the idea that the Championship is harder without Rangers in Hibs in it takes the sort of mental gymnastics I’m simply not prepared to attempt. Not having a word of it.

2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I believe you. I’d be majorly pissed off if we toiled.

I’ll be major pissed off if we dropped any points this season mate tbh.

Just now, One five said:

I’ll be major pissed off if we dropped any points this season mate tbh.

I maybe wouldn’t quite go that far, but if we lose a game, then serious questions need to be asked. It’d have to be down to some dreadful injuries or awful refereeing of the sort that wouldn’t have made the cut in Escape to Victory.

10 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I maybe wouldn’t quite go that far, but if we lose a game, then serious questions need to be asked. It’d have to be down to some dreadful injuries or awful refereeing of the sort that wouldn’t have made the cut in Escape to Victory.

Yeah I get your point,  I’m just major pissed off when we drop any points against any team never mind any of championship teams 🤷‍♂️ I honestly do think we will walk it with ease though mate  👍

Adam_the_legend
21 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Mate it wasn't funny. I spent the night lying on the floor evacuating from both ends and shakin like a shittin dog. Thought i was heading for organ failure, though not sure your A hole is actually classed as an organ. A part of the body and i can get a tune out of it, wind assisted, so i suppose it is🎶😁

Been there once, worst week of my life. Up to that point if I had dodgy guys I’d say “had a bit of gastro”. Never since, when you actually get it you will know about!!

Just now, One five said:

Yeah I get your point,  I’m just major pissed off when we drop any points against any team never mind any of championship teams 🤷‍♂️ I honestly do think we will walk it with ease though mate  👍

Me too mate. Get what you are saying too. 👍

Adam_the_legend
23 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I’m sorry, but the idea that the Championship is harder without Rangers in Hibs in it takes the sort of mental gymnastics I’m simply not prepared to attempt. Not having a word of it.

I’m referring specifically to pressure of expectations. Basic human psychology. 

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Been there once, worst week of my life. Up to that point if I had dodgy guys I’d say “had a bit of gastro”. Never since, when you actually get it you will know about!!

I was at Barrow for a mates wedding. Next morning Bride said, "wasnt the dirty kind of evening i was hoping for" the groom was the first to go down with ut😁😁😁

Portable Badger
27 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Had a similar experience when Interrailing around Spain/ rest of Europe - toilet, sink, bath, bidet all got used and overflowing !!  Had shag-all to do with the 18 pints mind!!

30 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

We should be horsing every team in the Championship, home or away.

Edited by Lovecraft

When I saw this thread had gained 6 pages since this afternoon I, optimistically, thought we’d maybe signed someone ! 🙄

6 minutes ago, dumpson said:

When I saw this thread had gained 6 pages since this afternoon I, optimistically, thought we’d maybe signed someone ! 🙄

Ditto! Once bitten...!!!!

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

If Murray is only recommending 5 players per position than that is the most pointless role in history.What is his remit?What is Hearts signing policy?

We knew it was signing players with injury problems or issues.That worked out well.

I could type in left wingers aged 23-27 on transfermarkt right now and pick 5 players then  watch their YouTube highlights and pick who I thought was best.

Saves on petrol I suppose. 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Maybe he didn’t recommend Damour?  Don’t think John Murray makes the actual hiring decisions. It was reported that our manager had been tracking Damour for some time. 

I recall blaming our poor recruitment on Murray, (since he's our head of recruitment, it makes sense) but apparently he has made suggestions which Levein hasn't taken up, Eamon Brophy for example. 

I'm not defending Murray at all, but I am suggesting there is plenty blame to go around for our frankly criminal recruitment. Despite the flack Austin got he did bring in our most solid signings - Lafferty & Smith, to a lesser degree Washington, Esmael, Hughes done a job too, Tziolis looked a player too (just shite attitude). I'm not saying Levein/Murray were 100% wrong with all our recruitment (McLaughlin was good as were many others, Souttar etc.) Just that broadly speaking we're talking about mostly getting it wrong, than mostly getting it right. Motherwell for example have much less resources than us, yet generally speaking get it right more often than not and have managed to sell a player each window for a decent fee. We're lucky if we've sold 2 players for more than £1m. (I actually just think its Sow? (£1.5m) Esmael and Lafferty were both sub £500k and beyond that I'm struggling to think of many more sales..).

Its absolutely the time for a fresh face in the recruitment department. You cannot have such sustained failure and expect to be kept on. I had heard he was supposed to be retiring, but that seems to be persistent rumour which refuses to come to fruition :( ).

Leveins Battalion
12 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

12 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Imagine how bad the other recommendations were that led up to picking Rafael Grezlak and Danny Amankwaa 🤣🤣🤣🤣

31 minutes ago, OTT said:

I recall blaming our poor recruitment on Murray, (since he's our head of recruitment, it makes sense) but apparently he has made suggestions which Levein hasn't taken up, Eamon Brophy for example. 

I'm not defending Murray at all, but I am suggesting there is plenty blame to go around for our frankly criminal recruitment. Despite the flack Austin got he did bring in our most solid signings - Lafferty & Smith, to a lesser degree Washington, Esmael, Hughes done a job too, Tziolis looked a player too (just shite attitude). I'm not saying Levein/Murray were 100% wrong with all our recruitment (McLaughlin was good as were many others, Souttar etc.) Just that broadly speaking we're talking about mostly getting it wrong, than mostly getting it right. Motherwell for example have much less resources than us, yet generally speaking get it right more often than not and have managed to sell a player each window for a decent fee. We're lucky if we've sold 2 players for more than £1m. (I actually just think its Sow? (£1.5m) Esmael and Lafferty were both sub £500k and beyond that I'm struggling to think of many more sales..).

Its absolutely the time for a fresh face in the recruitment department. You cannot have such sustained failure and expect to be kept on. I had heard he was supposed to be retiring, but that seems to be persistent rumour which refuses to come to fruition :( ).

I’m led to believe that over the last couple of years many of his recommendations were ignored and that he wasn’t 100% convinced re many of the signings we made. Probably the truth is somewhere in between but to blame him for many of the signings is very harsh. Who knows what was going on. 

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

It's not something you should be proud of. :bravo::bravo:

I am extremely proud to be a Hearts Fan. If you think otherwise then you are  deluded.

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You don’t know, the rest of us do as we pay attention. Neilson explained after signing Djoum how it worked, he asked for a 6’2” CM, the DoF asks Murray and he goes and finds three choices. Neilson picked Djoum. Murray chooses the players, that’s his job and the clue in the title. I get the feeling Neilson will be picking his own players regardless of what Murray has to say. A lot of us have met and you are unlikely to meet a bigger arsehole, even worse than his ever popular ex boss.

Total tosh..

'I want a 6'2" cm'...what world are you living in

Next it will be He wants 7'1" centre back and 5'2" central midfielder

I can see Klopp telling his scouts 'don't come back to me if he's not 6'2" exactly'

Sometimes you just have to laugh at the posts and wonder does the poster truly believe he is posting fact not fiction..............or is he so desperate to make a point imagination takes over.

PS But if it was true what a fantastic new signing strategy all done on height...the HMFC version of moneyball

Edited by CJGJ

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Still about getting rid. Another one gone today. 

81 points available we will get at least 65. We don't need to add at all to win it

47 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I am extremely proud to be a Hearts Fan. If you think otherwise then you are  deluded.

But not as deluded as you or as disgruntled.

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

He returned early due to Covid.

He moved there in September last year, only played 16 games and when I saw him he was rubbish. If they wanted to sign him they could, whether their league is shut down or not. 

Kenneth Dubeke
6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He is indeed, backed Levein to the hilt and would have him back in a heartbeat. 

Surely nobody would tolerate such a thing 

Jingle Bells
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Still about getting rid. Another one gone today. 

81 points available we will get at least 65. We don't need to add at all to win it

Are these jokers getting their win bonus back or something?

J.T.F.Robertson
6 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Yip,

Rangers have signed a huge amount of players and I imagine spent a fortune.

Quite comically some on here were disputing us signing Rangers rejects last week.

More comical is the thread having them going tits skyward for years now.

Delusory nonsense, was never going to happen.

I think a deep sense of injustice at the expulsion will inspire everyone at the club for the entire season and longer.

allystrachan

I see Sibbick has joined a Belgian team on loan for the season so that’s another off the list that will be mentioned at every turn.

14 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Oxford after Sean clare. 

I’d be sad to see him go. A real talent who will probably go on to do well at a higher level. Can’t blame the guy if he decides he wants out though, was treated pretty abominably by sections of the support for quite a while. I’d be wanting a good price for him though. 

26 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I’d be sad to see him go. A real talent who will probably go on to do well at a higher level. Can’t blame the guy if he decides he wants out though, was treated pretty abominably by sections of the support for quite a while. I’d be wanting a good price for him though. 

He is definitely the one we need a sell on clause with. Although Scotland is too fast for him I really think we have made him a better and stronger player. I really like him but could be a decent bit of business for us and Sean if he moves on. 

BackOfTheNet

People again getting too cocky about the forthcoming season. Last year Neilson lead a Dundee Utd side fully expecting to win all their games due to the budget and quality of their squad compared to the other teams but out of their 28 games they didn’t win 10 of them, so more than a third. Were they too? Yes. Was it ‘skooshed’? I don’t think so.

11 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

You better have your list of serous questions ready then. Anyone who thinks we won’t lose games will need serious questions asked of themselves never mind team, utter madness train of thought. 

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Oxford after Sean clare. 

Reckon some English clubs think we will sell players for sweeties because we have been expelled into the Championship. Think they might get a shock.

36 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

People again getting too cocky about the forthcoming season. Last year Neilson lead a Dundee Utd side fully expecting to win all their games due to the budget and quality of their squad compared to the other teams but out of their 28 games they didn’t win 10 of them, so more than a third. Were they too? Yes. Was it ‘skooshed’? I don’t think so.

Sort of agree with you but what I think will become apparent this season is that Dundee United team weren't actually as good as everyone thought and Neilson did well to get them up comfortably. That Dundee United team are a bottom 6 team IMO. Shankland was obviously the difference for them. Our squad is a top 6 side, so I do I have quite high expectations this season but I appreciate how difficult it is when every team you play raise their game.

Lewis McLeod formally of Rangers looking to leave Wigan and come back up the road. Don’t know much about him just remember he was highly rated at one point. 

Could do a job?

1 minute ago, Chaps said:

Lewis McLeod formally of Rangers looking to leave Wigan and come back up the road. Don’t know much about him just remember he was highly rated at one point. 

Could do a job?

Could definitely do a job. Unfortunately he'll have offers from the Premiership to play a full season I'd imagine.

46 minutes ago, Dazo said:

You better have your list of serous questions ready then. Anyone who thinks we won’t lose games will need serious questions asked of themselves never mind team, utter madness train of thought. 

The SPFL Championship is full of teams who were utter keech before C19. They generally have players on one year deals and rerecruit each pre-season depending on their position. Many of those teams have taken big financial hits and are struggling to reach even their normal meagre numbers of season tickets. Many of the clubs were part time before the pandemic. 

HMFC have a good squad of players with people like Haring, Naismith, Boyce and Craig Gordon. We have a manager who has skooshed the division twice with two different teams, and more season tickets than the rest of the division combined.

I would expect us to pick up points in every match, personally. A few on here seem to think posties and brickies with a bit of “motivation” and “determination” is all that is required to beat a team with vastly greater resources. If that were true, then we could have assembled top flight winning teams every few years. 

We should absolutely horse the division, and if we don’t, then it’s an abject failure to get the best out of the resources at our disposal.

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Imagine how bad the other recommendations were that led up to picking Rafael Grezlak and Danny Amankwaa 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Amankwaa is a strange one. 

Should have been decent, his level is good. 

He's won 3 cups and 3 league titles, his team won the cup last year as well. 

Grezlak was terrible, osh was still the worst imo , played in a wc tho and had several caps, the mind boggles. 

Class of 75
15 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Barrow is one of the direst places ive been to. Got bloody gastro ent there. Nearly died through my own bum hole. 

Hi mate. Totally agree. I went there with my wife in 2006 and it was the most depressing place I have ever been. It was like a post apocalypse place. Horrible