Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

J.T.F.Robertson
6 minutes ago, Kenneth Dubeke said:

Just let it was over us then? Accept it and move on 

Maybe we should hold the owner to account and make it abundantly clear that as a support we are horrified at what she has overseen 

We've been pretty much shite for nigh on three years now. I'm horrified anaw but it's all been done to death. (and then some)

By all accounts she'll be offski in the not too distant, anyhow.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I wouldn't know Murray if I bumped into him, but we simply don't know what players he recommends or what types of players he is instructed to find. 

You don’t know, the rest of us do as we pay attention. Neilson explained after signing Djoum how it worked, he asked for a 6’2” CM, the DoF asks Murray and he goes and finds three choices. Neilson picked Djoum. Murray chooses the players, that’s his job and the clue in the title. I get the feeling Neilson will be picking his own players regardless of what Murray has to say. A lot of us have met and you are unlikely to meet a bigger arsehole, even worse than his ever popular ex boss.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Kenneth Dubeke said:

Are you serious 

He is indeed, backed Levein to the hilt and would have him back in a heartbeat. 

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Kenneth Dubeke said:

Apologies,  you are quite correct 

Probably a decent move for him. I always thought he had a bit of dig and might have been decent in central midfield 

Barrow is one of the direst places ive been to. Got bloody gastro ent there. Nearly died through my own bum hole. 

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was always going to be that way, thankfully Neilson was hired first or Locke and Brown would be back and all four would be back on the recruitment gravy train.

Sadly I think you’re correct there.

rudi must stay

Burns was alright. Yes he's not a huge loss but he is a loss in my opinion. He was one for the future if we had patience. Anyway not one that will hurt us ultimately 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm a big Neilson fan, but JJ in the dugout with Brown and Locke for a tilt at the Championship would be fantastic fun. We'd walk it even more than we probably will.

You really are clueless.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Barrow is one of the direst places ive been to. Got bloody gastro ent there. Nearly died through my own bum hole. 

Is that why you have that username 😜

Adam_the_legend
30 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s funny how whenever prominent figures at Hearts are criticised, certain posters rush to explain how they’re not actually responsible for anything. Which figures because no-one at Hearts ever seems to take responsibility for anything.

I think some supporters feel they need to defend the club from any and all criticism, as though that act of defence makes them a better, more loyal fan. If Hearts dropped to league 2 we’d still have some on here defending those in charge 🤷🏼‍♂️

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Over the years after the last Championship campaign a lot of people seemed rate Championship clubs highly. 

We do have to build back up for Premiership but its winning Championship that counts now. 

The step up from the Championship to the Premiership is generally quite a big one. Often players who look good at Championship level look pretty poor in the Premiership. Gomis and Pallardo spring to mind.

Tommy Brown
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Burns was alright. Yes he's not a huge loss but he is a loss in my opinion. He was one for the future if we had patience. Anyway not one that will hurt us ultimately 

Sorry, but he was never going make it.

Good luck to the lad.

Kenneth Dubeke
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

All punts. We all know Levein in particular went overboard with his punts. Sometimes when some managers get too much money to work with they aren't as effective at recruiting. It happened with JJ too.

We will be much more focused this season. Actually we were much more focused last summer and last January as well - just signing for positions we needed strengthening in. 

The recruitment last summer was poor. Midfield was and remains a farce. Levein tried to convince us that we could make Clare a central midfielder and that he along with Irving and Bozanic could see us through. We then added Whelan and Damour towards end of the window as Budge backed Levein further still 

January recruitment was ridiculous.  That guy who appeared from Germany was poor beyond words. The Kosovan was hideously bad. Hopefully Boyce does well but what value for money we've got there remains to be seen 

JJ made some great signings. He also made some of the worst I've seen. Be interesting what value he adds. His and Neilson recruitment suggests to me that Budge is working with a very narrow contact list 

Hopefully some good additions are likely. I think this season is going to be more about pruning the squad and Neilson getting more out of those who remain 

Adam_the_legend
34 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This is a great thread for getting the ignore list sorted for the new season. Let's talk about new signings and get on with the new season. No, no let's rip into Levein and co for a bit longer.

yeh, you enjoy that echo chamber. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

The step up from the Championship to the Premiership is generally quite a big one. Often players who look good at Championship level look pretty poor in the Premiership. Gomis and Pallardo spring to mind.

There was a few others too, Gavin Reilly for example.

BackOfTheNet

I’m seeing too many folk too cocky that we’ll walk the Championship. People need to be cautious and not arrogant about our chances. Don’t think it will be like last time. Last time we effectively had a clean slate and rebuilt from scratch. No one was expecting us to go up straight away as Rangers were in the league and Hibs were expected to challenge too so promotion was not a forgone conclusion. This time we will go into with everyone expecting us to win and us expecting and demanding it too which means more pressure. It won’t be the walk people say it will.

Guest ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, Adam_the_legend said:

yeh, you enjoy that echo chamber. 

Only ignore the ones who constantly knock the club and disappear when we do well.

About seven or eight years ago, a guy who sat in front of me in the Wheatfield used to like telling people around him that John Murray was told he had a job for life at Hearts, after his wife died. No idea how true that is, or not. Could be utter bullshit, and probably is. Just thought I’d share. :lol:

Queen of the South still only have three players ffs

We're going into this season with Naismith and Boyce upfront against teams who'll struggle to get a team together. If we don't win the league heads should roll

2 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

I think some supporters feel they need to defend the club from any and all criticism, as though that act of defence makes them a better, more loyal fan. If Hearts dropped to league 2 we’d still have some on here defending those in charge 🤷🏼‍♂️

And  some feel they need to post constant negativity over and over again . It's hard to tell whose Vermin and whose a drainer tbh . 

Yes it's good to question decisions but by definition we are supporters 

Some of the jokers on this thread are an embarrassment, they would be better finding themselves another club to follow . 

Rick Sanchez

If we don't piss it something is seriously wrong. Two and a half month pre season and superior quality (I know what happened last season).

Robbie has enough time to get his ideas across and is the right sort...unlike the lap dugs Daly and Fox who were left to coach while Levein was doing god knows what in his visionary overseer role.

15 minutes ago, Kenneth Dubeke said:

The recruitment last summer was poor. Midfield was and remains a farce. Levein tried to convince us that we could make Clare a central midfielder and that he along with Irving and Bozanic could see us through. We then added Whelan and Damour towards end of the window as Budge backed Levein further still 

January recruitment was ridiculous.  That guy who appeared from Germany was poor beyond words. The Kosovan was hideously bad. Hopefully Boyce does well but what value for money we've got there remains to be seen 

JJ made some great signings. He also made some of the worst I've seen. Be interesting what value he adds. His and Neilson recruitment suggests to me that Budge is working with a very narrow contact list 

Hopefully some good additions are likely. I think this season is going to be more about pruning the squad and Neilson getting more out of those who remain 

Sniff sniff 

9 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

We're going into this season with Naismith and Boyce upfront against teams who'll struggle to get a team together. If we don't win the league heads should roll

Well said. We’ll pish the league. 

10 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Exactly. Really don’t understand this nonsense about it being a tough league. There is some utter horseshit down there.

3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Exactly. Really don’t understand this nonsense about it being a tough league. There is some utter horseshit down there.

Tough (or not) last season, the standard will be way lower this time. 

Edited by GinRummy

Pasquale for King

Just seen that Sibbick is away on loan to Belgian outfit Oostende, who fended off a late bid by Kack Dross to take him to ER. 

Adam_the_legend
14 minutes ago, ramrod said:

And  some feel they need to post constant negativity over and over again . It's hard to tell whose Vermin and whose a drainer tbh . 

Yes it's good to question decisions but by definition we are supporters 

Some of the jokers on this thread are an embarrassment, they would be better finding themselves another club to follow . 

I think that’s a little unfair. Neilson reaction was pretty positive, JJ reaction was very positive, John Murray reaction mixed to negative which, from what I know of him and his time at the club, is spot on. 

merseyjambo
40 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Anyhow, back to transfers. Personally I think Craig Gordon is still the best signing any Scottish club has made so far, considering we effectively took him from Celtic who wanted him and any other Premiership team would also have taken him - so that's a start.

A new manager with a kinder injury list should be able to get a lot more out of the current squad in the Premiership, never mind the Championship. I don't think anyone expects a complete squad overhaul. More width and a CB are essential though.

Get the glasses off

Unless Celtic come out with someone from left field, best signing anyone in Scotland has made and is likely to make in this window is Kemar Roofe. Saw him playing for both Oxford and Leeds. The lad has pace to burn and knows where goal is. 

He should rip the league up

John Findlay
Just now, merseyjambo said:

Get the glasses off

Unless Celtic come out with someone from left field, best signing anyone in Scotland has made and is likely to make in this window is Kemar Roofe. Saw him playing for both Oxford and Leeds. The lad has pace to burn and knows where goal is. 

If he stays fit?

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, merseyjambo said:

Get the glasses off

Yip,

Rangers have signed a huge amount of players and I imagine spent a fortune.

Quite comically some on here were disputing us signing Rangers rejects last week.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, merseyjambo said:

Get the glasses off

I meant relatively speaking as we surely don't measure ourselves against the OF in the transfer market given the gulf in finances.

15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Tough (or not) last season, the standard will be way lower this time. 

Will be much lower this season for sure. Don’t think it looked particularly good last season either tbh. If we don’t absolutely horse it, questions need to be asked.

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Get the glasses off

Anyhow, Roofe signed after I posted that 😃 Who was a better signing before him?

Kenneth Dubeke
44 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Was there 20+ years ago. Shit tip 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Will be much lower this season for sure. Don’t think it looked particularly good last season either tbh. If we don’t absolutely horse it, questions need to be asked.

I watched all Dundee Utd's games last season that were live.

The standard was abysmal including Utd.Take Shankland out and they are a terrible team.

Adam_the_legend
8 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I doubt the problem will be quality, we’ll have better players than any other team in the league in every position most likely. The issue will be pressure and how the team handles the expectations. Different from our last time in the championship which had rangers and hibs so less pressure. Hopefully RN can manage it, he did similar with DU. 

1 hour ago, Boris said:

From what I've read here so far the culprits have gone (Levein et al.) Murray, I'm guessing, was working to Leveins direction.

Or if it's all Murray's fault then Levein has no blame regards player recruitment, regards first xi.

Which is it?

Brilliant post.

Hectormasson
40 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Just seen that Sibbick is away on loan to Belgian outfit Oostende, who fended off a late bid by Kack Dross to take him to ER. 

Sensible chap is Mr sibbick "👍👍👍

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

So that’s where the Typhoon bit relates to !?!

Rick Sanchez

Still no McCulloch or Forrest...Guess Neilson is giving the coaches a chance. I could see him keeping Kirk and bringing in McCulloch as assistant.

1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

John Murray is still at the club? Un****ing believable. I’d work for free at Hearts and could pinpoint players a million miles ahead of what we currently have and for the fraction of the price. An example from last season, how has John Murray our chief scout recommended Loic Damour? Surely he has seen him play on numerous occasions and realised that he is nowhere near Hearts standard and does not suit the fast paced game here in Scotland. And yet, Damour gets given a 4 year deal and is likely one of our top earners. Disgrace. When will things actually change at this club. 

Maybe he didn’t recommend Damour?  Don’t think John Murray makes the actual hiring decisions. It was reported that our manager had been tracking Damour for some time. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

You don’t know, the rest of us do as we pay attention. Neilson explained after signing Djoum how it worked, he asked for a 6’2” CM, the DoF asks Murray and he goes and finds three choices. Neilson picked Djoum. Murray chooses the players, that’s his job and the clue in the title. I get the feeling Neilson will be picking his own players regardless of what Murray has to say. A lot of us have met and you are unlikely to meet a bigger arsehole, even worse than his ever popular ex boss.

So it works then?

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Maybe he didn’t recommend Damour?  Don’t think John Murray makes the actual hiring decisions. It was reported that our manager had been tracking Damour for some time. 

If Murray is only recommending 5 players per position than that is the most pointless role in history.What is his remit?What is Hearts signing policy?

We knew it was signing players with injury problems or issues.That worked out well.

I could type in left wingers aged 23-27 on transfermarkt right now and pick 5 players then  watch their YouTube highlights and pick who I thought was best.

3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

If Murray is only recommending 5 players per position than that is the most pointless role in history.What is his remit?What is Hearts signing policy?

We knew it was signing players with injury problems or issues.That worked out well.

I could type in left wingers aged 23-27 on transfermarkt right now and pick 5 players then  watch their YouTube highlights and pick who I thought was best.

How would I know? 

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

barrow are not a non league side, they were promoted to league 2

also i believe when stockton left us for carlisle they were a league 2 club as well

Facts are the big mystery to sister fisters who infiltrate ,wasted 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮     👍