Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Gary Locke
1 minute ago, stuartp said:

Hardly scored a goal since he left Hearts and you think he will score 15+ suddenly

A would fancy him to score 15+ in the championship yes

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, Gary Locke said:

Not a trap but if he could score 15+, how many could Naismith and Boyce get each if fit for a season? Also, if those two stay would Kyle come back to sit on the bench? Would the wage we would be paying him be a bit much for a bench player? Should we be going for someone younger?

Greedy Jambo
5 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

But Celtic aren't in the championship..

Салатные палочки
4 minutes ago, stuartp said:

Hardly scored a goal since he left Hearts and you think he will score 15+ suddenly

He's scored two less than Uche has at Hearts. 

Gary Locke
Just now, GinRummy said:

Not a trap but if he could score 15+, how many could Naismith and Boyce get each if fit for a season? Also, if those two stay would Kyle come back to sit on the bench? Would the wage we would be paying him be a bit much for a bench player? Should we be going for someone younger?

No idea tbh how many they could get but lafferty is proven at hearts I’m sure he’s only 33 still got a couple years in him, goalscorers just need chances, 1 year deal, don’t pay him too much with a decent goal bonus I’m sure he would find the net more than Washington and uche put together 

Greedy Jambo

If i remember correctly, Lafferty couldn't be bothered playing wee teams in shite stadiums, especially if it's raining. 

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Zaba said:

I said Lafferty did well for us, that’s undeniable. 

He’s done nothing in 2 years since though, which is also undeniable.

Rossi was above average, and has gone from strength to strength since he left us. Don’t see the issue in praising him 😂.

Keep waving that UJ lad.

Absolutely no doubt that he'd score goals if he came back. Couldn't care less what he did after leaving us - if he scores goals again I would love him as much as I did last time! 

And your UJ pigeonholing couldn't be more inaccurate. I hate seeing it at Tynecastle. Let's just say my bloodline is more green than blue. I couldn't care less where KL is from, who he's played for, or what flag he waves. If he scores goals for us, I'll be cheering his name along with everyone else (although maybe not the one with the flute 😂). 

Edited by Batistuta87

4 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

No idea tbh how many they could get but lafferty is proven at hearts I’m sure he’s only 33 still got a couple years in him, goalscorers just need chances, 1 year deal, don’t pay him too much with a decent goal bonus I’m sure he would find the net more than Washington and uche put together 

Yeah, I’d maybe agree with Washington and definitely Uche but surely the championship is the ideal stage to blood a promising young striker. We have Boyce and Naismith (who have said they are staying) both better players right now than lafferty but getting on in years by the time their contract ends. Surely we don’t need Kyle to score goals in the championship and surely we don’t need a 33 year old?

Edited by GinRummy

Салатные палочки
4 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

If i remember correctly, Lafferty couldn't be bothered playing wee teams in shite stadiums, especially if it's raining. 

Don't know about the shite stadiums, but he scored against Elgin, East Fife, Peterhead, Motherwell, Hamilton, Dundee, St Johnstone, Ross County, Partick and of course, Hibernian. 

Bunny Munro

Since we're discussing Lafferty again I'd just like to remind people he did excellent for us last time.

Of course, the only reason he did so well was because he was busting a gut to catch the attention of, and get his move to, Rangers. 

That motivation is gone. He'll play if he wants to, which won't be often, and won't be cheap.

Greedy Jambo
9 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Don't know about the shite stadiums, but he scored against Elgin, East Fife, Peterhead, Motherwell, Hamilton, Dundee, St Johnstone, Ross County, Partick and of course, Hibernian. 

Doesn't look as bad when you put it like that, I just remember him being a no show on a good few occasions. 

I suppose his goal scoring record speaks for itself though. 

Something you can't say for Conor Washington. 

Edited by Space Pirate

30 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah, I’d maybe agree with Washington and definitely Uche but surely the championship is the ideal stage to blood a promising young striker. We have Boyce and Naismith (who have said they are staying) both better players right now than lafferty but getting on in years by the time their contract ends. Surely we don’t need Kyle to score goals in the championship and surely we don’t need a 33 year old?

I kinda like your thinking but if either Boyce or Naismith said we would love to play alongside this fella wherever we are ,I’d jump at it,surely they would be asked , what do you think lads? He’s 33 but can/would you want him next to you ? 
a decent manager will give his best, a nudge and wink en route to any new signings hopefully 

AlimOzturk

They go on about legal fees as if we wanted to shaft them. We didnt, we did everything possible to avoid going to court. However, self interest and underhanded, devious, corruption has forced our hand. 

In the long run when Hearts aren't filling their coffers with huge away supports they will realise that we aren't kidding. We hold a ****ing grudge. 

Fwiw, we must bring as many fans as the old firm. We can't be that far behind. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Should imagine Robbie will punt Uche at first opportunity. The idea he will do better in the Championship is nonsense. Even at warm up practice most of his shots end up in the back rows of the Gorgie stand.

9 minutes ago, maggieb said:

I kinda like your thinking but if either Boyce or Naismith said we would love to play alongside this fella wherever we are ,I’d jump at it,surely they would be asked , what do you think lads? He’s 33 but can/would you want him next to you ? 
a decent manager will give his best, a nudge and wink en route to any new signings hopefully 

Aye I hadn’t considered that angle tbh. I’m not totally against Kyle coming back as got some great memories from a few seasons ago. 

Not easy, but the squad we’re building needs to form the base of our first season back in the top flight. Young hungry players is what we need. Plenty old heads in Gordon, Berra and Naismith to steer the ship. 

4 hours ago, Ribble said:

if villa go down then there would be more of a chance of it happening tbh, they'll have the parachute payment plus a wedge for grealish so a few quid on Souttar would barley even register

Add in that he isn’t ready or good enough for premiership down there but could probably cut it in championship. 

Batistuta87
55 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Just narrow it down to the ones we can afford wages for and then I’m all over it. 

Probably best to look at individual leagues because the default view here is limited to 5 pages and the vast majority are miles out of our budget.

If you filter it down to individual leagues you'll see a lot more players who fall into our sort of budget. As a guide, our most valuable player (Souttar)'s market value is estimated around £1.1M, somoene like Olly Lee is about £300k, so I tend to assume that players over £700k or so aren't  realistic targets. 

Quite a few gems to be had if you look at lower English and German leagues, France, Holland, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark, USA and so on. Someone posted a cracking list on here in January but will never be able to find it. 

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Probably best to look at individual leagues because the default view here is limited to 5 pages and the vast majority are miles out of our budget.

If you filter it down to individual leagues you'll see a lot more players who fall into our sort of budget. As a guide, our most valuable player (Souttar)'s market value is estimated around £1.1M, somoene like Olly Lee is about £300k, so I tend to assume that players over £700k or so aren't  realistic targets. 

Quite a few gems to be had if you look at lower English and German leagues, France, Holland, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark, USA and so on. Someone posted a cracking list on here in January but will never be able to find it. 

Thanks 👍

Hectormasson
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

I've always felt that scandic players may be a good idea? Height strength and decent standards , technic etc , could do a lot worse id imagine, don't think a lot of these types would be on great money either ?

2 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

Robbie said earlier today that he would love to have a talk with Nicholson, did he not? 

That doesn't sound like he's already signed to me. 

I don't think Nicholson has signed. Chuffed if he did though. 

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

I don't think Nicholson has signed. Chuffed if he did though. 

Yeah, Bongo has made out that he has though, and that we're in talks with lafferty. 

I'm really not a fan of paying scouts to do absolutely nothing, but i agree, i would take Nicholson, but i think that's just because we are where we are. 

If we had progressed from romping the championship instead of going full circle and finding ourselfs back at square one, i don't think we would be considering Nicholson as a signing. 

1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

Yeah, Bongo has made out that he has though, and that we're in talks with lafferty. 

I'm really not a fan of paying scouts to do absolutely nothing, but i agree, i would take Nicholson, but i think that's just because we are where we are. 

If we had progressed from romping the championship instead of going full circle and finding ourselfs back at square one, i don't think we would be considering Nicholson as a signing. 

I dunno mate. Personally I've always liked Nicholson and think he'd be more than good enough in the SPFL. Remember he was only 21 when he was with us, by rights he should be a better more experienced player now and he's coming into his peak years. 

Not sure about Lafferty, he'll be a bit over the hill now. 

Batistuta87
11 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

I've always felt that scandic players may be a good idea? Height strength and decent standards , technic etc , could do a lot worse id imagine, don't think a lot of these types would be on great money either ?

Yeah same. The Swedish national team has always been fairly decent and yeah their domestic leagues, like ours, won't be paying massive wages. Probably a few gems to be had there. The Belgian league is worth a look too.

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

I dunno mate. Personally I've always liked Nicholson and think he'd be more than good enough in the SPFL. Remember he was only 21 when he was with us, by rights he should be a better more experienced player now and he's coming into his peak years. 

Not sure about Lafferty, he'll be a bit over the hill now. 

You make a good point there, he's only 25 and not had any major injuries that i know of. 

Jamie walker was a level above him IMO and he's only 27, but it looks like injuries have done him in, hopefully he can get back to the player he was, but i'm not sure. 

sandylejambo

it could be after the year before fans get into grounds, some good players are going to be available if not now then in January, as teams cut their cloth to survive. we are in a better position than most teams.

BackOfTheNet

I’m won’t be surprised if the club haven’t made any decisions in regards to targets yet (Gordon aside) as we don’t know which league / budget we’ll have / who the sporting director will be yet and that’s not only a stickler for us for the potential transfer targets too. What I do hope though is that when it is clear what our situation is I hope we can look beyond just players that played for us at one time. I know it’s a favourite of those on JKB to do but our scouting team should have the ability to look beyond the London Hearts website.

Just now, Space Pirate said:

You make a good point there, he's only 25 and not had any major injuries that i know of. 

Jamie walker was a level above him IMO and he's only 27, but it looks like injuries have done him in, hopefully he can get back to the player he was, but i'm not sure. 

Agree re Walker. Didn't show anything last season. Needs to have a good year next season or otherwise I think times up for him at Hearts

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Agree re Walker. Didn't show anything last season. Needs to have a good year next season or otherwise I think times up for him at Hearts

On paper, we look like a very good team, but levein had a habit of signing players with injury issues, it's almost like he was re-living his career and wanted to give players the chance he never got. 

We need pace in the team this time round. 

Lafferty is 32 now, I hear people saying 'but if he can't get his move to Rangers, he won't be bothering his arse'. Totally disagree, his respect for Hearts is clear as day in his interview here, and he's not a polished sort for the media... manages to make a mini-huns reference ... :facepalm: but I think that helps add authenticity to his comments, its not just media talk.  I think he'd push Boyce hard for a starting slot and be good cover across a front 3. 

He's worth a 1 year deal IMO. Get Wighton, Uche and Washington gone and get Lafferty in and a decent youngster. 

Tommy Brown
2 hours ago, Gary Locke said:

Rangers said that when they signed Miller and Boyd

I really like Louis Appere as a player and have long been an advocate of us signing him. Aside from Shankland he’s the player from Dundee United id like us to sign the most. Quick, strong, versatile forward with an eye for goal.

As for Lafferty I’m not convinced we need him as things stand. Naismith and Boyce will start, Washington gives us another option if he says, as does Uche. Appere is a striker / inside forward too. Plenty options.

Greedy Jambo
38 minutes ago, OTT said:

Lafferty is 32 now, I hear people saying 'but if he can't get his move to Rangers, he won't be bothering his arse'. Totally disagree, his respect for Hearts is clear as day in his interview here, and he's not a polished sort for the media... manages to make a mini-huns reference ... :facepalm: but I think that helps add authenticity to his comments, its not just media talk.  I think he'd push Boyce hard for a starting slot and be good cover across a front 3. 

He's worth a 1 year deal IMO. Get Wighton, Uche and Washington gone and get Lafferty in and a decent youngster. 

I think we should leave it there. 

We got the best out of him, you could see he didn't have the pace he once had even then. 

Let's move on and stop talking about ex players coming back.

William H. Bonney
2 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

I think we should leave it there. 

We got the best out of him, you could see he didn't have the pace he once had even then. 

Let's move on and stop talking about ex players coming back.

Agreed. Hopefully that means Nicholson too. 

25 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Rangers said that when they signed Miller and Boyd

Miller probably would have scored more if he’d worn an adult sized football kit. I think those tight shorts and jersey cut off a bit of circulation.

maroonshrew
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

I also think we should be one of many clubs looking to make the most out of these releases going on down south. A lot of EFL clubs are releasing players they really don't want to due to financial worry. Some good players in League One and Two that are still on sensible money and just haven't made the jump yet.

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, maroonshrew said:

I also think we should be one of many clubs looking to make the most out of these releases going on down south. A lot of EFL clubs are releasing players they really don't want to due to financial worry. Some good players in League One and Two that are still on sensible money and just haven't made the jump yet.

Absolutely 👍🏻

Think the Dutch and Belgian leagues are the most worth pilliaging. Followed by L1/2 down south. I think there's some amazing value to be had there.  

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-target-creative-wide-players-robbie-neilsons-signing-plan-2905675

Hearts target creative wide players in Robbie Neilson's signing plan

Manager plots recruitment to inject pace into Tynecastle side

By Barry Anderson

Monday, 6th July 2020, 10:30 pm

Robbie Neilson is looking ahead to new signings at Hearts.

Robbie Neilson plans to reinforce Hearts’ squad with three or four new signings and is focused heavily on creative wide players.

The new manager will speak to free agent Sam Nicholson about a possible return to Tynecastle Park, although he has strong interest in England after leaving Colorado Rapids.

Hello, this is the first of your 5 free articles for this week

Subscribe today

Neilson explained that deposed captain Christophe Berra can be an important player next season. He is also eager to persuade teenage full-back Aaron Hickey to extend his contract.

After signing the Scotland internationalist Craig Gordon from Celtic, Neilson intends to turn his attention to speedy forward players who can play out wide.

“First off we've brought Craig in. I think I need to add some pace to the team in the wide areas,” he said. “We've got some good young players in those positions but I think they need some assistance and a bit of experience.

“So we'll be looking for players in the wide areas that can really eliminate people. We're probably looking at three or four players maximum.”

Some younger squad members will be loaned out to get regular game time. “When the players come back in we'll assess them,” added Neilson.

“There's a number of young players I think would benefit from playing first-team football, but they might not get it here. We'll put them out on loan to help the future of the club. We'll assess that in the coming couple of weeks.”

Asked about Nicholson, who is wanted by Bristol Rovers among others, Neilson said: “He is one we are interested in but I think there will be a lot of interest in Sam.

“There is already a lot of interest down south in him. We will have a chat with him and see where it goes.”

Berra was stripped of the Hearts captaincy in January by Neilson’s predecessor, Daniel Stendel. He spent the rest of the season on loan at Dundee until coronavirus forced football into shutdown.

Neilson intends to restore Berra to a prominent place in the first-team squad at Riccarton. “I know Christophe well obviously. I've played with him and known him for a long time,” he said.

“For me, he's a leader. He had issues the last time here but it's a fresh start for everyone to come back in pre-season and he can try and get himself in the team.

“We've got to have leaders in the team. We've got a lot of young players in the team that have come through. The younger ones have shown great potential but that was when the team was doing well.

“When the team started to not do so well, they found it quite hard and that's when you need big characters and guys who have been over the course to help them through it. Christophe's one of them.”

Neilson explained why he made re-signing Gordon a priority after leaving Dundee United to return to Hearts as manager. “Craig's a massive one for us. He understands the club, the fans and the demands of the club,” he said.

“He's also, in my opinion, probably the best goalkeeper in Scotland. We've managed to get him and it'll give us a great foundation to build from.

“If you're going to push hard and even win leagues, you have to have a truly good back four and a really good goalkeeper. I think we've got that in place.”

Hickey will remain a central part of that back four next season unless a substantial transfer bid is accepted by Hearts. Neilson believes Tynecastle is the best place for the 18-year-old to continue developing, although he is braced for approaches from elsewhere.

Hickey’s current contract is due to expire in May 2021. “I expect interest but my hope is that he comes back for pre-season [next month]. My hope is that he plays for us over the season and we can tie him down to a longer deal,” said Neilson.

“He's still a young kid and he still needs to develop. This is a great place for him to develop. Those will be conversations we have with him in the coming weeks and we'll see how it goes. We want to keep hold of our best players and Aaron comes into that category.

"He's shown great potential but at the moment it is potential. From Aaron's perspective, it's important he plays football matches and he will get that here.

“I've seen a lot of young players who have burst onto the scene, left clubs early and not played first-team football but ended up going down to under-23 level in England. It can be difficult to get a career.

“For me, they should come in and try and play 100 games at first-team level and then make the move. It's something we'll discuss in the coming weeks and hopefully Aaron agrees with us.”

Neilson acknowledged the difficulties facing Hearts if their appeal against last season’s relegation succeeds. They would be restored to the Premiership, but an August 1 kick-off would produce huge challenges for players who have yet to begin training.

As it stands, the Championship season will not commence until October 17. Neilson insisted he would be able to cope with a quick turnaround but players would be up against it.

“I’d be ready – I don’t know about the players,” he smiled. “That’s another question and that’s the main objective. I think, in the next week or two, we’ll get clarity on that.

“If it goes our way, it’s going to be very difficult to get the players ready in time. If it doesn’t, we just have to deal with it.”

A decision against Hearts would leave them in Scotland’s second tier with a sense of injustice over the shambolic way season 2019/20 was ended via a vote by clubs.

In that event, Neilson will use the situation to harness a siege mentality within his dressing room. “I think it will be quite easy to do that, to be honest. The Hearts fans have come together at this moment and part of the reason I came back here was to be part of that,” he admitted.

“I could see what was going on from the outside. It’s been a difficult few years for the club, certainly a difficult six months.

‘It’s important that all the Hearts fans unite together with the players and everyone at the club, to move forward – whether that’s in the top flight or the Championship. We’ve got to use this as motivation to go and win games again.”

To be fair it would be peak shithousery to smash Hibs in the semi final with Souttar (who would have been injured) opening the scoring. Then Craig Gordon to save a penalty and Kyle Lafferty to score the winner in the final to deny Celtic the treble.

Scottish football might just explode 

Byyy The Light

We need runners and pace in this squad. It’s what Motherwell have built their success on, Robinson has said it numerous times before and after games. Legs and pace all over the park.

Livingston and Killie are the same. Now hopefully with our budget being bigger than these teams we can get the stamina and pace in the squad but add the players who can also play a bit with it. 

Famous 1874
6 hours ago, Tennant's 6's said:

How about Boyce & Laff up front together, with Naisy playing just off them?

Nicholson & another wide player.to stretch the pitch and to peg some of these scumbag clubs back into their own box as much as possible

Sounds good

28 minutes ago, Bozi said:

To be fair it would be peak shithousery to smash Hibs in the semi final with Souttar (who would have been injured) opening the scoring. Then Craig Gordon to save a penalty and Kyle Lafferty to score the winner in the final to deny Celtic the treble.

Scottish football might just explode 

I am liking the intent of your post :)  

1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

I am liking the intent of your post :)  

I think it would tip some hibbys over the edge, would make popcorn teeth explode and might be the  sweetest of all cup wins 

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Bozanic and Rossi have both liked Hearts Instagram post about Neilson today.

Was always a fan of Rossi, think we should've made a move for his brother as well. Although he's probably under contract. 

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Bozanic and Rossi have both liked Hearts Instagram post about Neilson today.

Would like us to get Rossi back (solid CB and still only 31)

Unsure about Bozanic, He was alright for us but would rather try and develop Cochrane or Irving.