Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

On 04/07/2020 at 13:02, gov said:

Robbie has a big job on his hands to even get rid of the dead wood, who all have contracts and may sit on them if they can't find new clubs. I'm sure we will bring in 3/4 players but I expect its very much dependant on who we can get out 

Depending on the outcome of arbiration there could be relegation clauses that could make this a lot easier though, if there's any truth to that.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Batistuta87
3 hours ago, Berra than you said:

I would be guessing if we are interested in a striker then Wighton and Washington would be off. Probably uche aswell. Given a chance to get rid or sell whoever we wanted then I would only keep Boyce and Naismith for the championship, but shifting players could be an issue.  If none of them leave though I agree, wouldn't be looking for a striker. Agree a winger/creative mid are our most pressing concerns though 

Uche has been on Instagram today in the new training gear saying he can't wait to get going. Reckon he's staying. Tbh he was pretty pish last season, so who'd buy him... He'll be a destroyer in the Championship. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

:laugh:

For an English Championship team that's pocket change for a squad player. I don't think he's good enough for the top end of that league like some people think. 

He's not aggressive enough and too injury prone. I actually agree with people who say he could be with us for the rest of his career if he doesn't get over the injuries.

Pre covid I agree but there's a whole bunch of Championship clubs spending beyond their means to get to the promised land. The financial fallout is going to hit that level hardest of all I reckon.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Pre covid I agree but there's a whole bunch of Championship clubs spending beyond their means to get to the promised land. The financial fallout is going to hit that level hardest of all I reckon.

Brentford spent 28 million last summer while building a new stadium. 

Pressing hard for promotion but what if they don't. 

Sheffield Wednesday,  Derby,  Birmingham all clubs who seem to be permanently spending 

Gulf Jambo
46 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Uche has been on Instagram today in the new training gear saying he can't wait to get going. Reckon he's staying. Tbh he was pretty pish last season, so who'd buy him... He'll be a destroyer in the Championship. 

I really hope we change his style and put him more wide this year. 

He looks unstoppable sometimes when he's running at defenders, and has a great burst of pace over 10 yards. 

When he's up top he just gets pulled into the backing in rubbish and forgets to play football not wrestle

11 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

He looks unstoppable sometimes when he's running at defenders, and has a great burst of pace over 10 yards. 

When he's up top he just gets pulled into the backing in rubbish and forgets to play football not wrestle

Uche is a poor poor footballer at any level. We need better. 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

I do think he still has potential that the right coaching can bring out. Until he got injured in his debut season he was a very effective player for us. The problem is defenders got wise to him (aided by refs who still dont understand that being big doesn't automatically mean you are the one commiting the foul) and he went off the boil badly last season. He was not a player that suited Stendal's style (and was poor) so was not favoured. 

Unknown user
29 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

I agree, he's pretty effective out wide, you can see the fear he puts in defenders. He just can't finish so he's not a striker, but you don't need an amazing box of tricks to be effective in Scottish football.

Bunny Munro

I actually thought Uche was a great option for Stendel last season, when he was used as an impact sub.

Thinking specifically of the 2-1 Rangers game. The Killie 3-2 game, The 3-3 St Johnstone game.

Gulf Jambo
15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I agree, he's pretty effective out wide, you can see the fear he puts in defenders. He just can't finish so he's not a striker, but you don't need an amazing box of tricks to be effective in Scottish football.

Yeah they are terrified when he runs at them. Only way to stop him is usually to foul him.

He just doesn't do it enough.

But if he was coached to go wide and try hit the byline he would get there for sure. Whether we could teach him to cross a ball is another matter entirely.

Can't be worse at it than Mulraney though

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bearing in mind the amount of fouls awarded against Uche up until now,  how many more in the future, given we have pissed on the authorities chips. 

Send him back to Cambridge 

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, RS86 said:

Depending on the outcome of arbiration there could be relegation clauses that could make this a lot easier though, if there's any truth to that.

Correct. I'd be surprised if many dont have a wage reduction clause if relegation occurs.

That said given the pandemic there may be a number of players ending up clubless.

Interesting times.

Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Bearing in mind the amount of fouls awarded against Uche up until now,  how many more in the future, given we have pissed on the authorities chips. 

Send him back to Cambridge 

It wont matter who plays, we will be getting reffed under special guidelines issued to the men in black.

10 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

It wont matter who plays, we will be getting reffed under special guidelines issued to the men in black.

Fairness is an alien concept to those guys.

Jambof3tornado
9 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Fairness is an alien concept to those guys.

Yup. No conspiracy theory. Simply fact.

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, Gulf Jambo said:

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I do think he still has potential that the right coaching can bring out. Until he got injured in his debut season he was a very effective player for us. The problem is defenders got wise to him (aided by refs who still dont understand that being big doesn't automatically mean you are the one commiting the foul) and he went off the boil badly last season. He was not a player that suited Stendal's style (and was poor) so was not favoured. 

Yeah agree with you both; when he was effectively playing right wing I thought he was dynamite. He's not much of a finisher so I'd play to his strengths personally, which is running at players and just throwing himself about generally being a big nuisance. All the wee Aaron Hickey sized full backs shite themselves when he runs at them, and even some of the big centre backs didn't know what to do and could only foul him. 

He was super guilty of grabbing, shirt pulling and also of going down a bit too easy though - and was frustrating at times. Love his effort too - and he's some size so it must be absolutely knackering for him to run and sprint around like he does. I mean he comes off the pitch sweating like Hibs' accountant, every single game. I love the big guy and I love having a player like him (on his day) in the team - I really really hope he has a good season and gets some confidence back and starts enjoying himself again.

He's got my full backing going into the new season and I hope he absolutely smashes it.

Edited by Batistuta87

See alot of people are thinking haring will be back fit for the new season? Is that confirmed? Or just guess work? If so he would be like having a new signing.

If he wasn't fully fit yet, would anyone take the boy gogic ex hamilton midfielder? i always thought he looked quite decent.

I would absolutely take Scott fraser too if he was available.

1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

Uche can’t even pass the ball 10 yds ffs.

I would bin him if I was Robbie.

Agree. He's 6ft 3, build like a heavyweight boxer and he can't even hold a ball up and lay it off without giving away a foul.

He tries his heart out, he's a handful and an absolute unit but if he cannae do the most basic things, he's no use to us. 

5 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Lets hope he's spent the time off working on his basics and goes into the new season with a more intelligent approach in dealing with centrehalfs.

If we get any bids at all for him, get him gone ASAP. 

Its not that I don't like the big guy, but he isn't clicking but has physicality to succeed, its just the lack of ability which is holding him back. Even if he can learn to just stay on his feet, focus on controlling the ball and getting a pass off and moving. Its painful watching him sometimes. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, OTT said:

Lets hope he's spent the time off working on his basics and goes into the new season with a more intelligent approach in dealing with centrehalfs.

If we get any bids at all for him, get him gone ASAP. 

Its not that I don't like the big guy, but he isn't clicking but has physicality to succeed, its just the lack of ability which is holding him back. Even if he can learn to just stay on his feet, focus on controlling the ball and getting a pass off and moving. Its painful watching him sometimes. 

I hope we persist with him wide right in a front 3 or as an impact (literally) sub. Centrally he gets in the way a bit.

Allowayjambo1874
10 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Brentford spent 28 million last summer while building a new stadium. 

Pressing hard for promotion but what if they don't. 

Sheffield Wednesday,  Derby,  Birmingham all clubs who seem to be permanently spending 

Strangely enough all 3 clubs you’ve mentioned there are on FFP charges, they were charged in January (and that’s even after Birmingham were hit with a 9 point deduction last season)

7 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Agree. He's 6ft 3, build like a heavyweight boxer and he can't even hold a ball up and lay it off without giving away a foul.

He tries his heart out, he's a handful and an absolute unit but if he cannae do the most basic things, he's no use to us. 

Yeh I agree with all that.

Fort Vallance
16 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Do you think he’s good enough anyway?  Just asking your opinion, not being wide.

Personally don’t think he is.  

I think he could be but nowhere near that level at the moment. Even fully fit.

King prawn
9 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Spot on

Салатные палочки

Uche is a strange one.  When he first signed I thought "new MDV".  His volley v. ICT, the assist for Lafferty v. Celtic and his header at Rugby Park but he doesn't show it nearly enough.  I thought we had got ourselves a diamond but he is so frustrating to watch play.  The backing in then falling over winds me up no end.  He's too easy to read for defenders.  So I agree, not good enough.  

7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I hope we persist with him wide right in a front 3 or as an impact (literally) sub. Centrally he gets in the way a bit.

Thats true enough. The Lafferty Celtic game showed something, but as above its so infrequent.

10 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Sadly, that's pretty much spot on.

He doesn't have much football skill, or even much of a football brain.

The refs here don't help him much, but that shouldn't be an excuse.  He should have adapted that into his game as he has been here long enough now.

the sub goalie

In an ideal world, I would prefer to free up Uche's wage and bring a replacement in.

However, that is not to say he can't be useful if he stays.  It's no secret over the last few seasons the coaching has been poor, I can't think of many players that have actually grown and improved.  Under Robbie I'm hoping that we see players develop and grow, Uche could really benefit from being coached and in turn could become a very useful player to have in the squad. 

I'd keep Uche if he can become more athletic again. Or maybe he already is going by folk that have seen him in the street recently. Felt his obsession with body building meant he should've gone into rugby instead, as he loves a good grapple.

Neilson might be the right person to manage him.

But if the leaking press stories are true he can **** off.

3 minutes ago, kila said:

I'd keep Uche if he can become more athletic again. Or maybe he already is going by folk that have seen him in the street recently. Felt his obsession with body building meant he should've gone into rugby instead, as he loves a good grapple.

leaking press stories?

Gulf Jambo

Worth mentioning he is a top man as well. Kind of figure we want at the club behind the scenes. 

Hope he stays and improves on the pitch for us

Screenshot_2020-07-06-12-43-21-712_com.instagram.android.thumb.jpg.9aa9299d4ad836670d4718c7e865defa.jpg

26 minutes ago, kila said:

Saw him running along past Asda two weeks ago and he looked leaner to me, think if he can stop backing in as much and run forward at players then he will be back to best. Doubt robbie will accept him falling over every 2 mins

PapaShango

I trust Robbie to get us up and bring some more quality in. I think he's the man to get a bit of togetherness going again. I think the last time he was here the dressing room appeared pretty close. Hopefully some more width and pace is brought in, we have lacked pace and quality for long enough and a quality ball playing midfielder to get on the ball and make things happen. I'm certain he will get us promoted and I don't think I could have said the same with Stendel. 

David McCaig

Robbie has just been asked about Sam Nicholson in his press conference... unequivocal in stating that Sam is a player he would love to have back at the club.

23 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Robbie has just been asked about Sam Nicholson in his press conference... unequivocal in stating that Sam is a player he would love to have back at the club.

sounds as if both parties would like it to happen, suppose it depends on what other offers he gets. going on what we've seen of Walker since he came back, Sam would be a far better option.

Sams first options are down south if he can go but then again the pull of coming back to Edinburgh and being close to his family and gf may help us in getting him. Still think we need another wide man even if we get Sam and would really like to get Nisbet but not sure how that would go money wise.

Hard to say what else we will need until we find out what players want to leave or we have offers in for them.  Hopefully the nucleus of the group once they meet robbie buy into his plan and want to stay around. May be the only chance of winning a league title for a few 

20 hours ago, steve123 said:

Got to agree with the Souttar bit at least, canr imagine anyone paying money for him with injuries !!

if villa go down then there would be more of a chance of it happening tbh, they'll have the parachute payment plus a wedge for grealish so a few quid on Souttar would barley even register

2 hours ago, Robdawg said:

I just want Kyle to come home 

He’s going to Motherwell is what I have heard. 

Can’t help but think we need another centre mid. Haring, Lee, Damour, Irving and Cochrane are all, to varying degrees, unreliable. 

Batistuta87
9 minutes ago, Robdawg said:

Heart breaking 

Would hate to see him playing/scoring against us :( 

Love to have him back. One of the few players we've had recently who seems to have genuinely loved playing for the club. 

5 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Would hate to see him playing/scoring against us :( 

Love to have him back. One of the few players we've had recently who seems to have genuinely loved playing for the club. 

Yeah agree no doubt there better players players out there but just to have that handsome man in maroon again would be glorious. 

Batistuta87
2 minutes ago, Robdawg said:

Yeah agree no doubt there better players players out there but just to have that handsome man in maroon again would be glorious. 

Imagine he'd score tonnes in the Championship too. 

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Imagine he'd score tonnes in the Championship too. 

Klaff and Boyce up top naisy in behind 😍

Agentjambo
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Nicholson 👍 in talks with lafferty 👍

Robbie keen On Louis Appéré 

In talks with lafferty??

Bongo 1874
Just now, Agentjambo said:

In talks with lafferty??

Yes, on our terms and won't be getting what he was wanting in January 👍

Edited by Bongo 1874