Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

jamboinglasgow

Another player who has gone out on loan is Jay Sandison who has joined Linlithgow Rose until January (when his contract with Hearts is due to end.)

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

I met harry a while back, asked if I could get a picture of him with my wife, he just sniggered, i'm not Harry, but i get that a lot.

So for that I hope he stays in the lower leagues, needs to grow up.

2 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

I think it was charlton that had the back three Fish Costa Fortune years ago. Made me chuckle 

Glavin Burns Schoppes

1 hour ago, mhall37 said:

I met harry a while back, asked if I could get a picture of him with my wife, he just sniggered, i'm not Harry, but i get that a lot.

I find this sort of thing quite bizarre tbh.

3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Aye, very strange behaviour asking a young lad to get a pic with your wife.

He was probably thinking WTF is this guy all about?

Gorgie Boot boy
1 hour ago, mhall37 said:

The irony.

Because Harry knocked back your request you make it a mission of hope that he fails to shine at Hearts.

Grow up you say.

5 hours ago, tian447 said:

From the article it sounds like he'll be training with Montrose one night a week, but training with us for the rest of the time.  

If it helps him get a full season of games under his belt then fair enough, that's what's important for him to show what he can do. 

I just can't see how sending someone to Montrose over the winter, or in fact ever, is ever going to help them gain confidence or improve their mental state, and not just in football! 

Don’t knock Montrose - my local team. They are a well-run wee club. Been to see them a few times over the last couple of years. They have a good mix of youth and experience in their squad and a very decent manager in Stewart Petrie who has taken them from bottom of League 2 to challenging in League 1 in 4 years. He has built a team which works hard & never gives up - came from 3-0 down to draw with Ross Co in the Betfred a few weeks back. If Harry can develop that sort of attitude then he should excel there... if he doesn’t then he can kiss goodbye to his career at the top level.

2 hours ago, mhall37 said:

Maybe it wasn’t him. 

2 minutes ago, BervieJambo said:

Don’t knock Montrose - my local team. They are a well-run wee club. Been to see them a few times over the last couple of years. They have a good mix of youth and experience in their squad and a very decent manager in Stewart Petrie who has taken them from bottom of League 2 to challenging in League 1 in 4 years. He has built a team which works hard & never gives up - came from 3-0 down to draw with Ross Co in the Betfred a few weeks back. If Harry can develop that sort of attitude then he should excel there... if he doesn’t then he can kiss goodbye to his career at the top level.

No offence intended to Montrose FC, I'm sure they're a good wee outfit!

I was directing it more at being exiled to the town itself.  I worked there one summer, and frequently debated buying one way tickets to the Dignitas Clinic in Zurich :lol: 

37 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

The irony.

Because Harry knocked back your request you make it a mission of hope that he fails to shine at Hearts.

Grow up you say.

He never knocked back my request, he lied to who he was.

41 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Aye, very strange behaviour asking a young lad to get a pic with your wife.

He was probably thinking WTF is this guy all about?

I mean.....a married man asking a teenage footballer for a photo then has the cheek to say that the laddie should grow up. The irony of it.

I bet the poster in question still buys Panini stickers.

Edited by DH1986

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, mhall37 said:

He never knocked back my request, he lied to who he was.

So that means you got the photo request, is it an aye or naw ?

That photo would back up your claim with some bite.

Just a thought in my pee brain here, maybe it wasn't him

13 minutes ago, tian447 said:

No offence intended to Montrose FC, I'm sure they're a good wee outfit!

I was directing it more at being exiled to the town itself.  I worked there one summer, and frequently debated buying one way tickets to the Dignitas Clinic in Zurich :lol: 

🤣🤣🤣 Could’ve been worse... could’ve been Brechin...

6 hours ago, tian447 said:

From the article it sounds like he'll be training with Montrose one night a week, but training with us for the rest of the time.  

If it helps him get a full season of games under his belt then fair enough, that's what's important for him to show what he can do. 

I just can't see how sending someone to Montrose over the winter, or in fact ever, is ever going to help them gain confidence or improve their mental state, and not just in football! 

If  he is playing for Montrose he won’t be training with our first team. Very strict rules re the first team bubble. Likely to be training twice a week with the rest of our youngsters at most. 

5 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Isnae half some rubbish being spewed about Cochrane on here.    I'll judge him when he gets back from loan.  From what I have seen so far he's a player and worth sticking with.  If he's not back in first team by this time next year then fine, time to move on.  

Think we all thought that way before his loan to the Pars a year ago. Unfortunately I don’t think the lad has it in him to make it with us. Hope he proves me wrong. 

3 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

The fact he is being offered a new deal suggests Robbie doesn't agree with you and the other posters who are suggesting this. 

The kid is 19. Most players don't really break into the first team until their 20s, he just so happens to have had a few great games at 16/17 which hugely increased the supporters expectations.

In my view he still has every chance, but he absolutely needs to go out and play football right now. Sensible move for all parties.

According to the article he hasn’t yet been offered a new contract. Montrose could be last chance saloon for him as a Hearts player. 

3 hours ago, mhall37 said:

HE needs to grow up - says the guy fan-boying over an 18/19 year old laddie and then hoping he fails for declining a photo, when it might not even have been him!! 

Met Harry myself a while back at Glasgow Fort. He was a very outgoing and animated character, and was more than happy to blether away. I had my wee boy (6 y/o) with me who absolutely loves him, and he seemed genuinely humbled at his chat about how he was one of his favourite players and stuff like that. Came across as a decent young laddie.  

Edited by Batistuta87

2 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Harry Stone away to Spartans on loan.

Can't help but feel we should be sending him somewhere better than that. I mean what good will it do his development playing against Dalbeattie Star and Bo'ness Utd? Actually thought he might have gone to Partick Thistle or someone like that so he could get some game time in an actual professional environment... 

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

Someone wanting a photo, someone pretending they are not who they are...or both?

8 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Can't help but feel we should be sending him somewhere better than that. I mean what good will it do his development playing against Dalbeattie Star and Bo'ness Utd? Actually thought he might have gone to Partick Thistle or someone like that so he could get some game time in an actual professional environment... 

I thought the same but it's only until January.  He's been out injured and missed a preseason so this is possibly just about getting guaranteed games before reassessment and off on loan to a championship or league 1 club until the end of the season.

Either way, the club have high hopes for him so will know what they're doing.

Niemi’s gloves
8 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

The problem is that, in the absence of a reserve league, there are an awful lot of clubs looking to get young players competitive game time. The key is whether he is the No 1 while he’s at Spartans. If he’s just on the bench, I’d agree it’s a waste of time.

47 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

The problem is that, in the absence of a reserve league, there are an awful lot of clubs looking to get young players competitive game time. The key is whether he is the No 1 while he’s at Spartans. If he’s just on the bench, I’d agree it’s a waste of time.

If hes on the bench at Spartans at the age of 18/19 we should release him. 

7 hours ago, tian447 said:

Maybe they feel they need to extricate him from people he is hanging around with? Perhaps he needs to see what his future holds if he doesn't buck his ideas up? Maybe it is just the only opportunity available in this weird Covid World of the moment?

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Spartans are far more professional than the majority of league clubs

Edited by The Treasurer

Mr Brightside
12 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Spartans are far more professional than the majority of league clubs

They are also Edinburgh based which may have been part of the decision.

been here before
4 hours ago, mhall37 said:

A grown man out with his wife gets some sort of cheapies over seeing a teenager who plays football. Even asks him for a picture.

Oddball stuff.

Laddies right to bounce you.

What a total beamur.

portobellojambo1
8 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

They are also Edinburgh based which may have been part of the decision.

I think the fact that they are Edinburgh based and the loan spell is effectively only 3 months max probably did play a part in the choice of club.

been here before

Cant help thinking Montrose are getting mixed up with Cochrane and Messi...

Edited by been here before

SectionFJambo

Neither move particularly impressive.

Harry understandable given he hasn't delivered at the higher level however Harry would concern me we couldn't find a league club to take him.

3 minutes ago, SectionFJambo said:

Harry understandable given he hasn't delivered at the higher level however Harry would concern me we couldn't find a league club to take him.

It doesn't help when they're both called Harry eh? :D

Niemi’s gloves
1 hour ago, Dayman said:

If hes on the bench at Spartans at the age of 18/19 we should release him. 

5 minutes ago, SectionFJambo said:

If Harry S is on the bench at Spartans it would show that the loan is misconceived not that we should release him. 

I think both of these posts underestimate the importance of experience for a GK and the difficulty of persuading another manager that they should go with a youngster with promise over an experienced keeper. 

1 hour ago, Gone said:

Don't think Cochrane is gonna make it if that's the level he's at now

(For both 'Arrys  :arry:  )

Edited by Auld Reekin'

Gorgie Boot boy
7 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

(For both 'Arrys  :arry:  )

I would be going for a drink if i was farmed out to a lower level , probably end up asking for a transfer in a drunken phone call to the club.

Just now, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I would be going for a drink if i was farmed out to a lower level , probably end up asking for a transfer in a drunken phone call to the club.

It'd probably be granted!

Footballfirst

Harry Stone will be replacing another ex Hearts youth keeper, Blair Carswell, if he goes straight into their starting eleven at Spartans.

Edited by Footballfirst

There are reports of Brentford interest – but Hearts starlet Harry Cochrane will ply his trade at Montrose for now.

The 19-year-old has signed a short-term loan agreement with the League One side as the Jambos look to get more senior experience into his legs.

It comes after reports that Brentford are keeping close watch of the youngster’s situation at Tynecastle (Scottish Sun). Cochrane’s deal in maroon is set to expire next summer.

Hearts want him to commit his future to Hearts by signing a new deal, warding off potential Brentford interest in the process. So far, the teenager has made 33 senior appearances at Tynecastle.

But injury has hampered his progress in recent seasons, spending time at Dunfermline last term before a recall by then-manager Daniel Stendel. He now drops down to League One for more experience with Montrose.

Gorgie Boot boy
2 hours ago, Auld Reekin' said:

It'd probably be granted!

I was a decent player, no way did i go on loan anywhere.

jamboinglasgow
3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Harry Stone will be replacing another ex Hearts youth keeper, Blair Carswell, if he goes straight into their starting eleven at Spartans.

Blair Carswell is injured (which probably explains why he is off to Spartans.)

One thing I would want to know, as he has now played for Stirling and will play for Spartans, that would be the two clubs you are allowed play for in a season. Unless there is special dispensation as it is 1 apperance for Stirling in an emergency loan deal.

Also the levels of the clubs dont worry me, the key is they will get regular game time. 

Montrose aren't a bad choice. He needs competitive games. They also train in Perth which is probably suitable for us and him in the absence of a reserve league. That said, it seems the laddie McGill is ahead of him at the moment. I think Harry has ability, he's show it before but if he doesn't make it, it's clear we'll have other boys coming through that can. 

ooh-aah-cantona

I genuinely don’t see what the fuss is over both loan moves.

Stone is moving to the Lowland League, which is arguably littered with players who could still play for League 1 / League 2 sides who chose not to play in the seaside likes.

During his initial 2 month loan, he will face formidable sides such as Kelty, Bonnyrigg and East Kilbride - who have better strike forces than most League 2 teams.

In terms of Cochrane, I think it makes perfect sense for him to go to Montrose, who are in the division directly below us, to get regular game time.

Firstly, he’s what 5th or 6th choice centre mid for us at the moment? There’s no point in him getting splinters sitting on the bench or in the stand.

There has also been accusations of him having a bit of a ‘Billy big time’ attitude. If that is true, then this loan could act as a wake up call and spur him on. It’s the realisation that he will be playing part time football whereby his pals Billy Gilmour and Aaron Hickey are involved in the first team’s in the EPL and Serie A.

A 2 month loan spell whereby both will play aroun0 10 games each and still train under the eyes of the first team coaches at the ages of 18 and 19 sounds ideal for me.

13 hours ago, SectionFJambo said:

I would think the reason for Harry Stone would be so that he is still in Edinburgh. Sure I read somewhere that Harry Stone was continuing  with a University Education in tandem with playing football for the club.

There's zero difference between EoS and league 2.  Think its a wise move, game time is whats important at his age, he will make his way up the leagues over next 2 season and be ready for first team Hearts in 2 years time I'm sure of it. 

On Cochrane, its a weird one, we all know he's capable but I feel he needs a run of games for Hearts, not another team. Only benefit I can see of sending him out is to give him a kick up the arse but if he's being linked with clubs like Brentford can't see it having its desired effect.  Montrose is a good club though, they like to play football, have good stability and he will be star player which I think he will thrive off.

Niemi’s gloves

According to the Spartans website, Harry Stone will play today; and following an injury on Tuesday “Blair Carsewell will take some time out on the treatment table”. That suggests to me that the clubs have agreed that Harry will get a run of games even if their usual keeper (Blair Carsewell) gets back to fitness, which is good news.

Incidentally Spartans is where Harry played youth football up to age 13 before joining Hearts. I’m not sure if this gives them an extra interest in Harry’s progress  via a possible development fee if he was eventually sold for a big fee (as happened when Craig Gordon moved to Sunderland and I think his youth team got a small slice of the fee).