Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

21 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Hating is still "a few months away" according to RN. Berra is crocked for now and unreliable imo. I fear we are very thin on CB's

What is Berra's injury ??  

1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

We will sign another 3 players

We'll definitely sign a Centerhalf and probably another central mid. 

Can see Cochrane, Henderson and McDonald following C. Smith and Hamilton out on loan. 

I can see us picking up a utility player for the bench, someone who can play centre half and centre mid or centre half and left back

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Can see Cochrane, Henderson and McDonald following C. Smith and Hamilton out on loan. 

Not sure a centre half will be bought unless it’s a free later in the year, we’re happy we have the cover currently to begin the season with. Left back, midfielder and possible attacking option on the agenda first Along with moving more out (white etc) 👍🏻

LarrysRightFoot
41 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

We've no cash, we're in a poor league, and there's no guarantee of completing the season and winning promotion.

I'm not sure we really need to be signing yet more players at the moment, even if anyone half decent could be persuaded to come to us in the circumstances.

Fully agree there’s no guarantee of completing the season (or even starting it) however to put a positive spin on things (very unlike me) I think if that’s the case either

A) We will be reinstated to the top flight for next season  

or 

B) Reconstruction will happen - due to there being no other option - and we will be back in the top flight 

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Fully agree there’s no guarantee of completing the season (or even starting it) however to put a positive spin on things (very unlike me) I think if that’s the case either

A) We will be reinstated to the top flight for next season  

or 

B) Reconstruction will happen - due to there being no other option - and we will be back in the top flight 

I fully agree, if there is a plan to mothball or clubs fold, the blind panic they are in and the maroon £ will be telling

fate will decide

3 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I can't see it being that simple. Imagine the uproar if they announced that reconstruction was happening and we and one other were to be taken into the top league with no justification apart from being a bigger club than others in the Championship. So probably us and Dundee based on cash and crowds we would bring to hep the business model. 

52 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-youngsters-connor-smith-and-chris-hamilton-leaving-loan-2985373

Evening news reporting that Hamilton will go to Dumbarton and Connor Smith will go to Arbroath for the season. Surprised a bit by Hamilton moving out on loan after featuring so much for the first team in pre-season games, though I guess with Halkett, Popescu, Berra at CB plus Haring and Smith able to cover there then his options are limited.

I'll be a bit disappointed if they go on loan tbh. Is this season not a chance to blood guys like Hamilton and Smith?

I know the weigh up is that they play a few games for Hearts or every game on loan but still, I wanted these 2 in particular to be 1st team this season.

LarrysRightFoot
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I can't see it being that simple. Imagine the uproar if they announced that reconstruction was happening and we and one other were to be taken into the top league with no justification apart from being a bigger club than others in the Championship. So probably us and Dundee based on cash and crowds we would bring to hep the business model. 

The justification is we were unjustly demoted in the first place.

Also I really hope no clubs go under but SURELY the sustainability and structure of our game is being looked at in depth by those who run our game now as a priority.

2 National leagues and regional below for me.

55 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-youngsters-connor-smith-and-chris-hamilton-leaving-loan-2985373

Evening news reporting that Hamilton will go to Dumbarton and Connor Smith will go to Arbroath for the season. Surprised a bit by Hamilton moving out on loan after featuring so much for the first team in pre-season games, though I guess with Halkett, Popescu, Berra at CB plus Haring and Smith able to cover there then his options are limited.

Bit surprised by that if turns out to be true. If ever there was a season that we could use youngsters to supplement the squad you would think this was it. Especially given the financial situation. Robbie said recently he prefers to run with 16 senior pros and then youngsters. Even allowing for the fact there are senior pros that he would clearly not count in his preferred 16, I don't see how loaning out a young centre back and bringing in another senior pro in that position fits with that view.

To be honest I'd be pretty relaxed if we announced we were finished with our transfer activity at this stage.

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

When does the window close?

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

midnight 5th october

For this season the loan window for lower league clubs has been extended to Championship clubs. This has moved from September to October and again in February.

The rules for domestic loans are:

In summary, in relation to domestic loans an SPFL club is now permitted to have registered to it:

(i) a maximum of 6 players on loan at any one time plus any approved emergency goalkeeper (increased from 4);  

(ii) a maximum of 2 players on loan at any one time from another club in the same SPFL division (increased from 1); and    

(iii) a maximum of 4 players on loan at any one time from another club in a different SPFL division (increased from 2).  

https://spfl.co.uk/news/loan-regulations-amended-for-202021

31 minutes ago, Gav M said:

think it was reported as a small calf strsin

Can't be that small to keep out virtually all pre-season so far. He has never looked the same since his last injury.

30 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I can see us picking up a utility player for the bench, someone who can play centre half and centre mid or centre half and left back

Hopefully.

I'd be surprised if we don't bring in a cm, lb, and striker.  If we don't, I don't think it's for lack of trying.  Though it may be a result of being unable to ship out White/Damour.  I've no problem with either player getting a chance this season, btw.

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I'll be a bit disappointed if they go on loan tbh. Is this season not a chance to blood guys like Hamilton and Smith?

I know the weigh up is that they play a few games for Hearts or every game on loan but still, I wanted these 2 in particular to be 1st team this season.

Same, I was wanting us to bring through some young players but it appears the lack of reserve football is hampering us. At least Smith is getting Championship football and Hamilton though League one will get regular football.

I do think now Cochrane and McDonald will go out on loan.

40 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Certainly Cochrane and McDonald. Henderson move will depend on whether we can bring another striker in. 

37 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Not sure a centre half will be bought unless it’s a free later in the year, we’re happy we have the cover currently to begin the season with. Left back, midfielder and possible attacking option on the agenda first Along with moving more out (white etc) 👍🏻

Soutar to return around Xmas time as well. 

25 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Only if they are deemed good enough. Not getting games just to give them games. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Soutar to return around Xmas time as well. 

If we're lucky he'll stay fit until New Year.

Love the lad being in the team but I have a terrible feeling he'll be remembered as a 'what if' story in years to come after having to retire in his mid 20's. Hope to feck I'm wrong.

Just now, Tazio said:

If we're lucky he'll stay fit until New Year.

Love the lad being in the team but I have a terrible feeling he'll be remembered as a 'what if' story in years to come after having to retire in his mid 20's. Hope to feck I'm wrong.

So do I but it’s a 50/50 situation for him now I think. 

32 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Neilson hasn't said anything about another centre-back, and Dikamona for Popescu is one in/one out, so I'd be surprised if we added another on top of that. Halkett and Popescu will be first choice, with Berra, Haring and Smith as cover. We are looking for a CDM, which would free up Haring to play there more often when needed.

If we were signing another defender on top of the left-back we're already looking for then I'd prefer it to be a right-back. That would free up Smith, who's arguably our best CB, to play there regularly and leaves room for a more attacking full-back to come in.

Clubs have been planning/budgeting for the hopeful scenario of punters in the grounds before the end of the year instead of planning for the worst case of no fans at all allowed into matches this season. My bet is some clubs announce admin by Xmas unless there're a bail out.....!

5 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Clubs have been planning/budgeting for the hopeful scenario of punters in the grounds before the end of the year instead of planning for the worst case of no fans at all allowed into matches this season. My bet is some clubs announce admin by Xmas unless there're a bail out.....!

Could well happen. 

Just now, Psychicjambo said:

Heard halliday is getting medical this morning. But hey ho so has most.  Be a cracking signing. Fingers crossed 

🤣🤣 decent signing if true. 

SomethingAboutObua

Can't see Damour going. A want away, very experienced EFL Championship player to be picked up for free from the Scottish second tier and he's still not been taken by someone in League One.  We've sold 2 players to League 1 already so if his agent's not got him gone by now he's not going to go by next week, surely? 

57 minutes ago, Hairy Nugget said:

Playing second fiddle to kirk broadfoot now!!!!!!

Which is an indictment on Dikamona's ability as a player.

3 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Which is an indictment on Dikamona's ability as a player.

Another in the long line of bang average players who somehow get lauded on here.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
44 minutes ago, Psychicjambo said:

Heard halliday is getting medical this morning. But hey ho so has most.  Be a cracking signing. Fingers crossed 

Did you hear it from 'the other side'?

1 hour ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Can't see Damour going. A want away, very experienced EFL Championship player to be picked up for free from the Scottish second tier and he's still not been taken by someone in League One.  We've sold 2 players to League 1 already so if his agent's not got him gone by now he's not going to go by next week, surely? 

Unless he drops his wage demands (parity with what Hearts are paying him) to get a new Club ...  

The fact that we've had a defensive midfielder on trial suggests we're looking to strengthen in that area. Just hope its someone better than Butcher, who can obviously do the job at that level but will be nothing other than a hanger-on when we're back in the Prem. 

Think we're a bit thin on the ground at the back with Hamilton going out on loan if I'm completely honest. Starting the season with only 2 fit centre backs stresses me oot. 

We've had 3 out the door since we last had someone come in so hopefully see some new faces this week, get a good number of training sessions in before the season actually starts...   

at this point I'd take Andy Haliday just to cut out the constant rumours that Andy Haliday is signing!

think we will probably see someone come in who can play LCB and LB to cover both

Edited by Gav M

1 minute ago, Gav M said:

at this point I'd take Andy Haliday just to cut out the constant rumours that Andy Haliday is signing!

think we will probably see someone come in who can play LCB and LB to cover both

I😉

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Another in the long line of bang average players who somehow get lauded on here.

It's amazing what giving yourself a nickname can do. #jambosoldier

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, fast_blood said:

It's amazing what giving yourself a nickname can do. #jambosoldier

Any fan who actually called him that needs their fecking hard drive checked

4 minutes ago, Gav M said:

Screenshot_20200928-143756.png

jamboinglasgow

Still not sure about him, though a friend who is an Ibrox season ticket holder gave him a glowing review of him last week when I asked what he thought of him.