Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

30 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

That is absolutely awful.

You must be the marketing arm of Hutz and Hutz Industries, then? 😄

Dusk_Till_Dawn
32 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I think that's our starting formation but the shape changes depending on the situation or phase. 

I think the best way to look at it is to maybe take Sarri when at Napoli for example played 4-3-3 as starting shape. 

1-1.jpg.ce401317fe2a1d674aa62e85f0547425.jpg

but when pressing, it was 4-4-2. So Mertans (14) would press the man in possession and one of the wingers, Callejon (7) or Insigne (24) would move into the centre to cut the passing lanes while one of the midfield 3, would Move into the right or left midfield position to mark or press the full back. 

So if Insigne (24) LW moved into the centre to press, Hamsik (17) would move to left mid

7-1.jpg.21746140b5e9651e3c6f67d0baaf3b30.jpg

I believe that is the way in which RN wants us to be structured. 

I love this sort of analysis. The thing about the Championship is that teams who try to play out should be very easy to press because their passing will be mediocre. If Neilson does try to press hard, you’ll see a lot of hoof ball as a way of countering it 

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

I like Garuccio more than good enough imo 

I must be only one that prefers White to Ben. 

53 minutes ago, David Black said:

Garruchio to my knowledge has only had this one bad injury, so he's not injury prone. White on the other hand is.

He didn't seem to play much before his cruciate injury and ten month lay off. Was that because CL didn't rate him after signing him? I thought he was injured but maybe not.

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I must be only one that prefers White to Ben. 

a fit white - and I agree with you. Tons more pace than BG - but is BG a better crosses of the ball?

24 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

impressively illustrated. and agree, formations are fluid once the whistle goes. key point for me will be RN keeping things simpler for the players. do the basics right and everything else should follow.

Nicked from elsewhere but yep agree, football should be simple but to play simple football is quite difficult because there's another 11 guys trying to stop you. 

I think the difficult bit for us is playing from the back. That's why Soapy was crucial. Halkett and Popescu need to show courage in carrying it and passing into midfield. Once we've got it into Lee and Irving, we know they like to play forward passes and if we can get it to the wingers, we know they have the pace to beat their man one v one.

I'd expect us to put loads of crosses in and win a lot of corners, throw ins around the opponents area. Plus we have Lee, Irving and Walker with the ability to shoot from distance. I think we're infinitely better than we were last season when it comes to an attacking threat. 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

a fit white - and I agree with you. Tons more pace than BG - but is BG a better crosses of the ball?

Bg has a great first touch as well! 

Tbh I can't remember about the crossing! 

Garuccio and White are both shite but ‘will do’ for the championship. However for the semi final against Hibs, Boyle will have a field day against them. I’d be looking to punt either one of them, if not both and then bring in someone else. 
Something like:

Garuccio + White out

Kingsley + Watson (promoted) in would be better 

Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

Weren't we top of the league when Garuccio was our starting LB?

yes.. I actually like Ben.. had a great delivery on him as well

31 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He didn't seem to play much before his cruciate injury and ten month lay off. Was that because CL didn't rate him after signing him? I thought he was injured but maybe not.

I think he just fell out of favour with CL. 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

I think that's our starting formation but the shape changes depending on the situation or phase. 

I think the best way to look at it is to maybe take Sarri when at Napoli for example played 4-3-3 as starting shape. 

1-1.jpg.ce401317fe2a1d674aa62e85f0547425.jpg

but when pressing, it was 4-4-2. So Mertans (14) would press the man in possession and one of the wingers, Callejon (7) or Insigne (24) would move into the centre to cut the passing lanes while one of the midfield 3, would Move into the right or left midfield position to mark or press the full back. 

So if Insigne (24) LW moved into the centre to press, Hamsik (17) would move to left mid

7-1.jpg.21746140b5e9651e3c6f67d0baaf3b30.jpg

I believe that is the way in which RN wants us to be structured. 

Still on furlough I see then mate.......

14 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Garuccio and White are both shite but ‘will do’ for the championship. However for the semi final against Hibs, Boyle will have a field day against them. I’d be looking to punt either one of them, if not both and then bring in someone else. 
Something like:

Garuccio + White out

They are not both "shite" as you describe them.  They could be better but a lot of the problem last season was the Hearts' management both up front and behind the scenes.  Players that can win professional contracts are only as good as how they are managed, I wait to see how they perform under Neilson.

I do not see the need to replace Garuccio and White but do consider Ben to be the better player of the two.

Edited by Tasavallan

12 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Something like:

Garuccio + White out

injury hit kingsley and unknown young kid Watson.....or injury hit white and good enough for the championship garrucio.....hmmmm.

that said, RN has said he would like a new LB - suggests he doesn't see AW or BG as preferred first choice.

as others have said, still think CB is our main concern. our Midfield is absolutely fine for this level=.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, The White Cockade said:

I like Garuccio more than good enough imo 

No even close to being good enough defensively for Hearts. Garruccio's strength is attacking and crossing, not defending. We have pacey wingers now to do that (who I'm sure will be no worse when defending). Like Halkett, he is error prone and we don't need any other weakness across the backline...IMHO. Gimme a solid left back any day.

I actually like Aidy White but every time I watch him sprint I keep waiting on him breaking down. But tbf, he's had more burst noses than injuries since he's been here.

Garuccio isn't too bad and I think Neilson prefers him. But if an offer came in from Australia it could suit both parties for him to move on.

Wish something would happen on this front or Robbie to say both are in his plans but I don't think so.

We have a distinct lack of pace at the back so If the left backs that Robbie is considering have some them I’m all for it.

BG would be fine against most championship teams but not so sure otherwise. AW fitness not reliable enough I’m afraid.

Also agree with Robbie that we could do with another CM. Someone combative and energetic would be my preference.

Not condoning splashing dosh about and would only expect incomings to follow further outgoings.

Otherwise we look in decent shape with various attacking options.

Be good if Walker could really get going again and I’ve high hopes for Andy Irving.

( some luck on the general injury front would be helpful )

4 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Jake  Mulraney on Freesports just now. Atlanta v Dallas. Having a good game too.

Mulraney , despite what has been said on here , loads of ability [obviously shedloads of pace] .

Consistent application of above was the problem . Frustrating player

Halkett

Popescu

Berra

Hamilton

M.Smith

Haring

That's probably the order of hierarchy for centre half, signing someone like Kingsley would be good as he plays left back and centre back equally comfortably. For me we probably have enough for a short season though

Jamboscanbevicius

Good to see Hickey confirmed. Good luck to the lad!

The club have done some great business bringing in some fees and clearing a lot of dead wood from the squad too. I don't think we need too much more ahead of this season, but would be good to see Robbie get the last few bits, which he obviously wants, in place. For me it would be good to see:

Out: Damour, White

In: Kingsley, Appere, and Halliday (I know)

Just now, wavydavy said:

Think he lost his confidence under the old coaching and tactical nonsense we had to endure. He was flying when he first arrived, brilliant free kick against Inverness in the League Cup, pretty solid for a while until Levein brought Mitchell in. Fine at first but his tinkering meant that Garuccio was dropped so that a naturally forward going winger could be turned into a defensive player, unsurprisingly. (I remember him saying in the past that Milinkovic needs to learn to defend! Why? He was a winger!) Then Garuccio picked up a knock that turned into a longer lay-off. Think it affected his confidence even more, especially when they decided to play Mulraney or even Brandon in that position instead. He looked more like his old self under Stendel so hopefully Neilson can get the best out of him.

Edited by jambonian

40 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Mulraney , despite what has been said on here , loads of ability [obviously shedloads of pace] .

Likes the plastic pitch as well. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, john thomas said:

I always saw something in Mulraney too. Better than he was rated on here imo

Jamboscanbevicius
8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I think lots of us did. But he also did himself few favours. He seemed to sulk and drift out of games easily, rather than rolling up his sleeves, which meant he got little slack from the stands. It's a shame but I don't think he will end up being "one that got away".

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The last time I remember seeing him was at Motherwell last season when we lost (1-0?  might have been 2 not sure) We were rubbish and he  looked like he was completely demoralised. Not making runs, not tracking back, a victim of the malaise in the dressing room at the time imo. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

I think lots of us did. But he also did himself few favours. He seemed to sulk and drift out of games easily, rather than rolling up his sleeves, which meant he got little slack from the stands. It's a shame but I don't think he will end up being "one that got away".

There were problems with his attitude or effort but I can see why motivation would have been at a low ebb.

56 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Think he lost his confidence under the old coaching and tactical nonsense we had to endure. He was flying when he first arrived, brilliant free kick against Inverness in the League Cup, pretty solid for a while until Levein brought Mitchell in. Fine at first but his tinkering meant that Garuccio was dropped so that a naturally forward going winger could be turned into a defensive player, unsurprisingly. (I remember him saying in the past that Milinkovic needs to learn to defend! Why? He was a winger!) Then Garuccio picked up a knock that turned into a longer lay-off. Think it affected his confidence even more, especially when they decided to play Mulraney or even Brandon in that position instead. He looked more like his old self under Stendel so hopefully Neilson can get the best out of him.

He was always a very attacking LB in the A League, often at Wing Back too and had the highest number of crosses from open play in the whole league the season before he joined us

Dunno why Levels tried to shoehorn a winger into a LB when Ben had already started very well and is clearly very attacking. 

In both the last bounce games he's been our highest up the park a few times! 

Think he will come into his own under Robbie

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

No Ben and CL had a fallout .....

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

We aren’t going to sign a player just for the semi. 

:oohmatron:

Not even Mario Goetse?

Edited by August Landmesser
smut and filth

August Landmesser
3 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

I'd remove that one mate, before you end up in a bit of bother... 

Good 'point' ;)

The White Cockade
3 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

No even close to being good enough defensively for Hearts. Garruccio's strength is attacking and crossing, not defending. We have pacey wingers now to do that (who I'm sure will be no worse when defending). Like Halkett, he is error prone and we don't need any other weakness across the backline...IMHO. Gimme a solid left back any day.

Probably all hypothetical now anyway as I have a horrible feeling the Championship will be canned for this season

On 23/09/2020 at 16:21, TypoonJambo said:

It would be hard on anyone to criticise that reaction 

SomethingAboutObua
7 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

totally agree. although didn't RN himself say he wanted a LB. 

He did indeed, assuming its Kingsley still but who knows

SomethingAboutObua
7 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Both prone to injury though.

I agree about White, I feel Garuccio was unlucky, but then for me that makes it all the more frustrating we were going to stick with 3 injury prone players and chris hamilton as our CB options. I'm not seeing the reasoning for signing another LB when we wouldn't sign another CB until the injuries hit again.

1 hour ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

I agree about White, I feel Garuccio was unlucky, but then for me that makes it all the more frustrating we were going to stick with 3 injury prone players and chris hamilton as our CB options. I'm not seeing the reasoning for signing another LB when we wouldn't sign another CB until the injuries hit again.

I see what your saying but maybe Berra’s injury is not too long term, so with him, Halkett, Popescu and Hamilton we are covered - also if needs be Smith and Haring able to fill in ( law of averages surely they’re not all gonna be injured at the same time ).

Robbie knows what he wants to make Hearts win games and it appears that he wants a left back and I can get that.