Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Phil D. Corners
18 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That was a major turning point in our demise. If we had made a good appointment, Cathro might have merely been a bump in the road and CL would probably still be DoF. He frittered away all his responsibility to a coaching staff that wasn't fit for purpose. 

agree with that. Was told he was not taking training regularly. 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

10 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Honestly. Really wanted it to work with Levein as he is a good Hearts man and club legend. Supported him until that Motherwell defeat at home.

In hindsight you just have to look at the trail of destruction and the waste of resources left in his wake. He and Budge as well as she is Chair, have almost ruined this club. We're in the Championship because the pair of them couldn't run a feckin bath.

We've pissed away probably 10million on shite players, coaches and an over budget stand which isn't even complete. If it wasn't for our kind benefactors and our loyal support, we'd be down the shitter again already. 

The fact we're mincing about the Championship tells you everything you need to know about how Levein and the board have run this club. There is absolutely no getting away from it. 

Thankfully, Budge is merely Chair in name only. We have a new Chief Exec who hopefully knows what he is doing. A man that actually knows his shit in JJ as DoF/Recruitment or whatever he does. A manager with a proven track record and solid coaching team who are clearing the decks. Hopefully these guys will turn this shite fest of the last 5 years around. 

What’s a ‘chair in name only’?

10 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Honestly. Really wanted it to work with Levein as he is a good Hearts man and club legend. Supported him until that Motherwell defeat at home.

In hindsight you just have to look at the trail of destruction and the waste of resources left in his wake. He and Budge as well as she is Chair, have almost ruined this club. We're in the Championship because the pair of them couldn't run a feckin bath.

We've pissed away probably 10million on shite players, coaches and an over budget stand which isn't even complete. If it wasn't for our kind benefactors and our loyal support, we'd be down the shitter again already. 

The fact we're mincing about the Championship tells you everything you need to know about how Levein and the board have run this club. There is absolutely no getting away from it. 

Thankfully, Budge is merely Chair in name only. We have a new Chief Exec who hopefully knows what he is doing. A man that actually knows his shit in JJ as DoF/Recruitment or whatever he does. A manager with a proven track record and solid coaching team who are clearing the decks. Hopefully these guys will turn this shite fest of the last 5 years around. 

This is a point that should never be forgotten.

Post administration, all the talk was about tight management and fiscal responsibility.

Never letting the club get back to where it was.

But for a massive investment from fans and Anderson, we would very likely be facing another administration event only a few years down the line. Which is due to and absolutely astounding waste of resources.

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

She's not running the club now on a day to day basis. The new Chief Exec is. 

That’s a real chairman then, as defined by the Companies act,  as opposed to a chairman/CEO.  😎

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Of course they are. But it was Budge’s decision to do that - to run an interview process and then decide that actually, Levein was the man for the job all along (and nothing to do with the fact that other candidates were turning her down because she wouldn’t change the structure of the club).

Something to do with money, maybe?  Possibly the "successful" candidates were demanding more than we could afford with resettlement expenses to be added on and, of course, the more we spend on off- the -field matters, the less we have to spend on playing staff.  It is too easy to say with hindsight that just because we were demoted that she or anyone else made the wrong decision based on the facts at the time.  IMO, I doubt very much if we would have been down bur fot a couple of ridiculous reffing decisions and a keeper who could not carch the cold.

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That’s a real chairman then, as defined by the Companies act,  as opposed to a chairman/CEO.  😎

She was, Chairman/CEO before. She is merely a Chairperson now. Thank our lucky stars.

13 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

If you're going to have a go at Levein do so for the right reasons, don't just repeat things Hibs fans say.

Anyone who's followed his entire career knows he's been one of our more interesting characters and certainly one of our biggest thinkers. 

You can laugh but appointing Cathro and that whole DoF and coaching development/succession idea was extremely revolutionary for Scotland. As was going 4-6-0 whether it worked or not. Even the way he approached the D Utd role was quite forward thinking.

Just to add to this, 3-6-1 away to Bordeaux as well. 

6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Round and round we go the same persons repeating the same stuff ad nauseum, yawn yawn yawn.

Agree, the topics on the board always seem to get clogged up with the same people bringing the same topics up over and over. Change the record, we need to move on from the last few years. It's a good job the internet wasn't around in the 80's and early 90's. 

11 hours ago, Cruyff said:

👏 on all points, Cruyff.

11 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Agree entirely. It's not just Levein and Budge, it is the entire board incl.our 2 FOH reps. It's not just the playing staff that need clearing out.

s

Good article in the Scotsman, speaking to Ben Garuccio. Seems to be enjoying life under Robbie, is liking the new style, and is committed to the club. Glad to hear that he's up for it - always thought he was decent and would quite like to see him get a decent run in the team. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ben-garuccio-hearts-have-changed-under-robbie-neilson-style-play-and-training-will-suit-me-2978510 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
38 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Agree, the topics on the board always seem to get clogged up with the same people bringing the same topics up over and over. Change the record, we need to move on from the last few years. It's a good job the internet wasn't around in the 80's and early 90's. 

The reason for this is because when it comes to taking firm action or implementing change, all we get is window dressing. 

56 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

She was, Chairman/CEO before. She is merely a Chairperson now. Thank our lucky stars.

I expect she will be one of the most active chairmen in Scottish football even though she's stepped down as CEO.

1 hour ago, Phil D. Corners said:

agree with that. Was told he was not taking training regularly. 

By his own admission CL said that he came along on a Thursday to watch training and have a look at the players and then on a Friday they dicussed tactics for the weekend game. That was his involvement in the day to day running of the team.

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I expect she will be one of the most active chairmen in Scottish football even though she's stepped down as CEO.

Certainly, and from what she was talking about in interviews after the appointment of our CEO, she will be concentrating on quite a few projects at Hearts that she was kept back from because of day to day running. 

42 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The reason for this is because when it comes to taking firm action or implementing change, all we get is window dressing. 

We got rid of Stendel and co,. MacPhee, Levein, Fox, Daly and around 15 players - introduced a revised set-up with a new CEO, new manager and 2 assistants and signed a few new players.  Hardly window dressing, I'd say.  Next you'll be decrying the club for a lack of stability.

6 minutes ago, Coco said:

Halliday is the sort of player Doddie filled the Hearts team with.  A grafter with a bit of attitude.  Bit like Kenny Black.

I agree. He’s got a bit if fight. However I don’t think he’ll be signing for us. 

8 minutes ago, Coco said:

Halliday is the sort of player Doddie filled the Hearts team with.  A grafter with a bit of attitude.  Bit like Kenny Black.

As well as Black we had Clark, McAdam and Roddie McDonald in that mid 80s team. All players who were considered not good enough for their old firm clubs yet did a turn for us. Halliday might not be a world beater but he'd do a job for us

18 minutes ago, Musemic said:

As well as Black we had Clark, McAdam and Roddie McDonald in that mid 80s team. All players who were considered not good enough for their old firm clubs yet did a turn for us. Halliday might not be a world beater but he'd do a job for us

Dave McPherson.  

tenor.gif?itemid=12530220

1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

I believe she's taken a step back and is working on opportunities to broaden our reputation and contacts in North America. 

Quite happy to have her insight on the board but delighted she is no longer running the day to day operation of the club. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Firm action? 

Implementating change?

New coach in December and then for this season. 

New coaching team

New ceo

Can we stop with the Halliday love in  ! 

To coin a phrase... utter Dugsh1te...! 

There have to be better, cheaper, younger,  hungrier options available.

19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Firm action? 

Implementating change?

New coaching team

New ceo

Can't wait to see the attempted counter argument against this one :D

Dusk_Till_Dawn
22 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Firm action? 

Implementating change?

New coaching team

New ceo

The woman at the top needs to go. I can’t be any more explicit than that. It’s the only acceptable response to past few years 

On 21/09/2020 at 08:58, DETTY29 said:

Will Halliday give his all to any future employer or spend his time also getting paid to comment on Rangers?

Has he signed? Tried reading the thread but it’s just full of the usual nonsense?

Phil D. Corners
2 hours ago, Musemic said:

Agreed. Currently doing a job for us requires beating championship teams. 

Last seasons job required beating Teams like Hamilton, st Mirren, and Livingston at minimum.  

My requirement is too beat Hibs and Aberdeen. 

If he comes, he can helps us. 

11 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Has he signed? Tried reading the thread but it’s just full of the usual nonsense?

No.

Sorry, but 'any' wasn't just restricted to only being a Hearts player putting too much energy into Rangers.

Edited by DETTY29

5 hours ago, Phil D. Corners said:

i wanted it to work out too. 

Dare I say the manager job and DoF role are too much for one person. 

True Levein failed at DOF and as a manager.

16 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

No. And I predict he’ll join the pile of names that come up each window like Cummings where folk desperately want a bang average player in to do a turn.

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The woman at the top needs to go. I can’t be any more explicit than that. It’s the only acceptable response to past few years 

Good plan. 

Maybe a German or American random will take us on, nothing can go wrong there. 

46 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Careful what you wish for. 

Phil D. Corners
49 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

True Levein failed at DOF and as a manager.

i would argue that he was successful when Robbie was manager. 

46 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

i would argue that he was successful when Robbie was manager. 

He lost all credibility when he passed down messages/notes down to the dugout at Aberdeen then denied it.

Phil D. Corners
46 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

He lost all credibility when he passed down messages/notes down to the dugout at Aberdeen then denied it.

Was that not with Cathro? 

I think Levein wanted to mould Cathro. Do think it worked out well for anyone. Cathro is doing well at what he’s good at. 

3 hours ago, gorgieheart said:

Can we stop with the Halliday love in  ! 

To coin a phrase... utter Dugsh1te...! 

There have to be better, cheaper, younger,  hungrier options available.

You'd hope there is! If scouting new players doesn't improve then we'll be back to square one again at the start of the next season. Whether Halliday is good enough or not is open to debate. Personally i couldn't care if he signed or not, i'd rather we were looking at other prospects. The only problem with that is we have been losing out and beaten to signing potential by certain other clubs, either we're not doing it right or just not doing it at all. Most of the players that impressed me against Hearts over the last few years have frustratingly ended up at Hibs or Aberdeen! We can't be losing out on potential to them. If we were doing it properly we wouldn't be in the Championship and the likes of Hibs wouldn't be sitting where they are. Times are tough and we've forked around for too long now, it has to change.

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We've got new CEO now but seriously what is the the measure of failure for a board? 

Finishing below your objectives is poor. 

A failure to reach expectations over 4 seasons is dreadful. 

However being pie'd into the Championship having been the worst side in the Division on a downward trajectory and completely garbage for the last 4 seasons says everything you need to know about that. 

That has to be the worst possible measurement of failure for a board. 

Yet, you've still got delusional firefighters on here scraping the barrel to tell us that everything is wonderful. 

:facepalm:

34 minutes ago, jambonian said:

You'd hope there is! If scouting new players doesn't improve then we'll be back to square one again at the start of the next season. Whether Halliday is good enough or not is open to debate. Personally i couldn't care if he signed or not, i'd rather we were looking at other prospects. The only problem with that is we have been losing out and beaten to signing potential by certain other clubs, either we're not doing it right or just not doing it at all. Most of the players that impressed me against Hearts over the last few years have frustratingly ended up at Hibs or Aberdeen! We can't be losing out on potential to them. If we were doing it properly we wouldn't be in the Championship and the likes of Hibs wouldn't be sitting where they are. Times are tough and we've forked around for too long now, it has to change.

I have reiterated numerous times, the difference between the calibre of player Robbie recruited prior to his departure, and the players Levein brought in is night and day.

I believe that because Robbie has the final say on the players coming in, we will be a lot better off going forward. 

6 hours ago, wavydavy said:

By his own admission CL said that he came along on a Thursday to watch training and have a look at the players and then on a Friday they dicussed tactics for the weekend game. That was his involvement in the day to day running of the team.

CL takes the blame as he dictated the tactics even if he deferred to his coaching team on which players were performing in training and which were not.  Nanny and Daly should have walked with Levein, but it was mid-season and not best time for a clear-out.  Mrs Budge's big failing was doing nothing in May 2019.

39 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Agreed,  we shouldnt be missing out on potential to the likes of the Leef bwazil or the sheep !

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, Forrest said:

Just to add to this, 3-6-1 away to Bordeaux as well. 

Indeed. Probably as good a result as beating Bayern at home. Quote from Hartley about Levein's management after that game: "Craig Levein’s tactics were always spot on. He knew how to set us up, especially defensively."

Yes, Levein was better at being hard to beat than at rolling teams over, but he got us fantastic results and had us in a very good position in the league because of it. He always focused on doing what it took to get the points.

Bazzas right boot

Have we resigned Craig Levein? 

Lots of debate on him on a transfer thread. 

CL left as manager in November (almost a year ago) and left the club in June. 

Edited by Smith's right boot