Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Just going by you saying he would rather sign for us in the Championship than have no wages at all, as I’ve said a few times he has indicated he doesn’t want to play in Scotland and wants to go the MSL. 

I'd rather live in America too doesn't mean there's a job for me there.

Look in reality, he's better than what we have. His attitude is spot on, he's nitty gritty and isn't scared to put his foot in. Our team has been porous for about 3 years now and I'm not saying he's the answer, but he rarely misses games and is flexible in the sense he can play in Midfield or left back when needed. 

As I said in previous comments, RN knows he can't make mistakes this year and we NEED to bounce straight back up into the prem. He needs players he can rely on and AH knows the Scottish game. This is why I think he'd be a good signing. 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

5 minutes ago, Lido said:

Have to disagree mate. If he improves us and gets us out the championship, he'll  do for me.

He won’t be the difference between getting out the championship. Can’t ever remember him being a stand out for a poor Rangers team. 

As with everything it’s down to figures. He should not be offered anything like our top level players. If he does sign he’ll have my full support. 

In the meantime, can any of the pro- Halliday camp give any insight of what his strengths are and what we can expect to see? Something more in depth than ‘will give 110%’. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I'd rather live in America too doesn't mean there's a job for me there.

Look in reality, he's better than what we have. His attitude is spot on, he's nitty gritty and isn't scared to put his foot in. Our team has been porous for about 3 years now and I'm not saying he's the answer, but he rarely misses games and is flexible in the sense he can play in Midfield or left back when needed. 

As I said in previous comments, RN knows he can't make mistakes this year and we NEED to bounce straight back up into the prem. He needs players he can rely on and AH knows the Scottish game. This is why I think he'd be a good signing. 

I don’t think he is any better than what we have really, and would cost a fair whack in wages that we don’t need to spend. I would t want him to stunt Irving’s growth for instance. He’s injured regularly and has only played about 40 games the last two seasons for a club that’s played over 100 in that time. 
Where you want to live is immaterial, he’s said he doesn’t want to play here and wants to move. That would need to change. My abiding memory of him is being subbed at HT at Hampden against Celtic after having his name sung by their smelly fans for most of the game. 
He’s also been pretty gash against us at Tynie tbh. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Is Halliday the proper Blue Nose, flag waving type like Lafferty was ? 

Even bigger, he’s actually from the country they play in. 

I don’t think he is any better than what we have really, and would cost a fair whack in wages that we don’t need to spend. I would t want him to stunt Irving’s growth for instance. He’s injured regularly and has only played about 40 games the last two seasons for a club that’s played over 100 in that time. 
Where you want to live is immaterial, he’s said he doesn’t want to play here and wants to move. That would need to change. My abiding memory of him is being subbed at HT at Hampden against Celtic after having his name sung by their smelly fans for most of the game. 
He’s also been pretty gash against us at Tynie tbh. 

Can I have an example of a player you'd like to sign instead? I'm curious to see how you think.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Can I have an example of a player you'd like to sign instead? I'm curious to see how you think.

To be honest I don’t think we need anymore CMs if Haring is going to get to full fitness, we have Irving/Lee/Damour/Cochrane for two spots with Walker/Naismith/Smith and to play there too. if lucky we will play 40 games. We have a big squad of around 26 players, with little income to pay them. If we can’t get Damour/White/Zlamal out, as you say Neilson will have to judge what else we need. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

To be honest I don’t think we need anymore CMs if Haring is going to get to full fitness, we have Irving/Lee/Damour/Cochrane for two spots with Walker/Naismith/Smith and to play there too. if lucky we will play 40 games. We have a big squad of around 26 players, with little income to pay them. If we can’t get Damour/White/Zlamal out, as you say Neilson will have to judge what else we need. 

we don’t need any more CM’s ? You have to be having an absolute laugh.. our midfield was utterly dogshit..full of  absolute pussies ..

of course Haring will make a huge am difference- but it’s still a massive “IF” ..

we need someone like Halliday without shadow of doubt.

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Cochrane wasn't even any good in our reserves or for Dunfermline last season. Honestly don't think he's going to make it at Hearts. Would also rather we got rid of Damour. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

we don’t need any more CM’s ? You have to be having an absolute laugh.. our midfield was utterly dogshit..full of  absolute pussies ..

of course Haring will make a huge am difference- but it’s still a massive “IF” ..

We ran away with it last time with Pallardo, Gomis and Bauben, none of them good enough for the top league. The league we are going into is even worse, with no decent teams, most don’t even have full squads and don’t even need to test ffs. We can’t afford to pay the wages he would want, even if he miraculously changed his mind. I’m not sure why everyone thinks he’s a great player, just a trier really.  

HEARTS FOREVER
1 hour ago, Paris 1984 said:

I’ve watched and listened to ‘that day I never saw’ for over 50 years......man. 

So you'll have seen as many Ex Rangers players as me then. Some of them excellent servants to the club. Your sounding like we're signing someone from ISIS FC. Get a grip and act yer age. 😁

Signing Halliday would give us, 

FW Boyce/Wighton/Henderson

RW Roberts/Ginnelly

LW Frear/Moore

ACM Walker/Naismith/McDonald/C. Smith

LCM Irving/Halliday

RCM Lee/Cochrane 

DM Haring/Damour

RB M. Smith/Brandon

LB Garuccio/White

CB Halkett/Popescu/Berra/Souttar/Hamilton

GK Gordon/Stewart/Stone

Perfect balance on the right and left. Decent depth.

Probably a few still to go and replacements to come. 

5 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Cochrane wasn't even any good in our reserves or for Dunfermline last season. Honestly don't think he's going to make it at Hearts. Would also rather we got rid of Damour. 

Have to agree. Can't see Harry making the grade. Gladly be proven wrong. 

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Thank you. 😃

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yes I would love to get rid of him too, as most of us would but it doesn’t look likely at the minute. If we are stuck with him he’s good enough for this league, as is Cochrane who my Pars supporting mate said did well. Nobody was good last season. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

We ran away with it last time with Pallardo, Gomis and Bauben, none of them good enough for the top league. The league we are going into is even worse, with no decent teams, most don’t even have full squads and don’t even need to test ffs. We can’t afford to pay the wages he would want, even if he miraculously changed his mind. I’m not sure why everyone thinks he’s a great player, just a trier really.  

If we can’t afford the wages he won’t sign and you’ve nothing to worry about .. as for the point on triers - We’ve been spoiled with triers over the past few years 😂 maybe not ..

we need a squad, we have one proven midfielder - who has been out for nearly 18 months. 

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

Ludicrous that anyone thought the signing of a player who just recently signed a new deal with a club in the EPL would be loaned out to the Scottish tattie leagues. 

It was a gokd Premier league goal by the Premier league playing but hearts bound centre back tonight. 

But can he do it away to Queen of the South?

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s not actually been stated by Neilson unless I’ve missed it?

First part he did say it, second part pretty obvious given Stewart is a short term loan and we are trying to punt both Doyle and Zlamal. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Signing Halliday would give us, 

FW Boyce/Wighton/Henderson

RW Roberts/Ginnelly

LW Frear/Moore

ACM Walker/Naismith/McDonald/C. Smith

LCM Irving/Halliday

RCM Lee/Cochrane 

DM Haring/Damour

RB M. Smith/Brandon

LB Garuccio/White

CB Halkett/Popescu/Berra/Souttar/Hamilton

GK Gordon/Stewart/Stone

Perfect balance on the right and left. Decent depth.

Probably a few still to go and replacements to come. 

29 players is far to big a squad for the 30 odd games were hopefully going to play. 

11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Depends what way you look at it. 

We don’t need another CM for the championship. The squad we have right now will cruise it. Hibs game and potential Premiership teams in the cup? Aye, I wouldn’t be confident of a result with the midfield we currently have. IMO we wont be breaking the bank for the cup games. 

I’d like another CM but it has to be the right type of player. Someone who will be a key player this season AND next season in the Premiership. That’s not Andy Halliday IMO.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

If we can’t afford the wages he won’t sign and you’ve nothing to worry about .. as for the point on triers - We’ve been spoiled with triers over the past few years 😂 maybe not ..

we need a squad, we have one proven midfielder - who has been out for nearly 18 months. 

I think Lee is proven at a much higher level than the Championship, Neilson will have the whole team trying a hell of a lot more than in previous seasons. I’m not worried, there’s been nothing apart from chat on here to indicate we want him. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I think Lee is proven at a much higher level than the Championship, Neilson will have the whole team trying a hell of a lot more than in previous seasons. I’m not worried, there’s been nothing apart from chat on here to indicate we want him. 

Hallidays a better midfielder than Lee. 

4 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

It was a gokd Premier league goal by the Premier league playing but hearts bound centre back tonight. 

But can he do it away to Queen of the South?

True.  The jury is out :) 

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes I would love to get rid of him too, as most of us would but it doesn’t look likely at the minute. If we are stuck with him he’s good enough for this league, as is Cochrane who my Pars supporting mate said did well. Nobody was good last season. 

The only loanee from Hearts that my Pars supporting mates have rated was Keena.  Cochrane pretty lightweight. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

First part he did say it, second part pretty obvious given Stewart is a short term loan and we are trying to punt both Doyle and Zlamal. 

Show me where he said it? Also show me where he’s said we’re trying to punt Zlamal. Like anyone else he can go if they find another team, he’s still 2nd choice. 

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

To be honest those three are better than anything we have at the moment except maybe Irving and a fully fit Haring. Their experience is exactly what we need this coming season. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

The only loanee from Hearts that my Pars supporting mates have rated was Keena.  Cochrane pretty lightweight. 

Yeah and where is he now? My mate likes him too but they’re used to shite. 

Show me where he said it? Also show me where he’s said we’re trying to punt Zlamal. Like anyone else he can go if they find another team, he’s still 2nd choice. 

He said it when we signed Stewart. Pretty obvious that we want Zlamal off the books. You wouldn’t give your keeper to St.Mirren in current climate for any reason other than to put him in the shop window 

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

29 players is far to big a squad for the 30 odd games were hopefully going to play. 

Henderson, C. Smith, McDonald, Cochrane, Hamilton and Stone are reserves. 

Stewarts a backup keeper. 

Souttars ****ed. Berra and Naisy are old and ****ed. 

So really, you're looking at 20 guys that will play. 

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Interesting - I've got a Pars supporting Uncle who thought both Cochrane and MacDonald were mince. "They're never Hearts players" is what he said. 

Anyway, Damour is actively trying to leave. I'm sure something will come up over the next few weeks. But yeah if we're stuck with him then he should be good enough for the Championship. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, soonbe110 said:

To be honest those three are better than anything we have at the moment except maybe Irving and a fully fit Haring. Their experience is exactly what we need this coming season. 

I think Lee has more goals and assists than the three of them put together in one season the top league, and I’ve never rated Lee. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah and where is he now? My mate likes him too but they’re used to shite. 

So you agree that none of them that went to the Pars are any good? 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He said it when we signed Stewart. Pretty obvious that we want Zlamal off the books. You wouldn’t give your keeper to St.Mirren in current climate for any reason other than to put him in the shop window 

SHOW ME!!! Yeah sending him to get pumped three times in a week would convince another mug to sign him hahahahaha 🙈

Edited by Pasquale for King

5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Hallidays a better midfielder than Lee. 

See that’s what I’m struggling with. You might be right. 

Ive seen Halliday about 20 times on tv and maybe half a dozen games against Hearts. I’d like to think I have a decent eye for a player and I have yet to think he’s had a good game or stand out. Good left leg, a trier and a character. That’s not worth £3k a week on a two year deal in the Championship in my books. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, soonbe110 said:

So you agree that none of them that went to the Pars are any good? 

No I don’t, Cochrane and Macdonald are young and will hopefully progress over the next few years. 

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sorry - not a chance on earth I’d take olly lee over Halliday.. 

Damour is a joke, Andy is a nice footballer but do I trust him in a fight - absolutely not.. cochrane had massive questions to answer..

sorry - completely insane to moan about Halliday should it come off.. 100% it’s less to do with the player and more to do with your view won the team he supports ..

No I don’t, Cochrane and Macdonald are young and will hopefully progress over the next few years. 

You want to stake promotion on them 😂 insane

Just now, DS98 said:

See that’s what I’m struggling with. You might be right. 

Ive seen Halliday about 20 times on tv and maybe half a dozen games against Hearts. I’d like to think I have a decent eye for a player and I have yet to think he’s had a good game or stand out. Good left leg, a trier and a character. That’s not worth £3k a week on a two year deal in the Championship in my books. 

He had a very good game at Tynie I posted earlier on this thread, they won Morelos offside goal.  He was very good down south prior to the huns also.  He got man of the match when they beat Celtic 1-0 at Christmas too. 

Been saying that for two or three years and all the while they get further and further away from the first team. Go and watch some reserve games, if there’s any, they are nowhere near it. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

And if they don’t?  We have no midfield. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Henderson, C. Smith, McDonald, Cochrane, Hamilton and Stone are reserves. 

Stewarts a backup keeper. 

Souttars ****ed. Berra and Naisy are old and ****ed. 

So really, you're looking at 20 guys that will play. 

That’s still two more than he said he wanted I think, did he say 16 or 18?

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think Lee has more goals and assists than the three of them put together in one season the top league, and I’ve never rated Lee. 

And I think you are well wrong. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Interesting - I've got a Pars supporting Uncle who thought both Cochrane and MacDonald were mince. "They're never Hearts players" is what he said. 

Anyway, Damour is actively trying to leave. I'm sure something will come up over the next few weeks. But yeah if we're stuck with him then he should be good enough for the Championship. 

I dont particularly trust their view, they’re used to watching shite. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Rhyst93 said:

Jimmy dunne scores for Burnley 

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Jimmy Dunne just scores for Leicester. Really glad hes joining us 😂

🤣

26 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

He had a very good game at Tynie I posted earlier on this thread, they won Morelos offside goal.  He was very good down south prior to the huns also.  He got man of the match when they beat Celtic 1-0 at Christmas too. 

Was he very good down south? As far as I can tell, he was a fringe player for Middlesbrough in the Championship, then had a few months at Blackpool followed by a year at Bradford where he was in and out of the team (mostly out towards the end). Pretty similar to the likes of Roberts and Ginnelly.