Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

From the list of midfielders we could realistically sign Halliday is the best.. players with the right attitude for every fixture.. would be delighted if we get that deal done

Edited by kingantti1874

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’d take Halliday but for Christ sake, make the deal a sensible length. Let’s not get lumbered with him for years in the Premiership

Still relatively young so if fit a one or maybe two year deal to cover LB and midfield and help bring the young midfielders on seems sensible.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

From the list of midfielders we could realistically sign Halliday is the best.. players with the right attitude for every fixture.. would be delighted if we get that deal done

Certainly a player with right attitude

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Still relatively young so if fit a one or maybe two year deal to cover LB and midfield and help bring the young midfielders on seems sensible.

Yup, that would make sense.

Andy Halliday made almost 50 appearances for Rangers in the last 2 seasons.....let’s not pretend he won’t do a job for us in the championship next season.

9 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’d take Halliday but for Christ sake, make the deal a sensible length. Let’s not get lumbered with him for years in the Premiership

Been lumbered with a much much worse tbh. 

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

Andy Halliday made almost 50 appearances for Rangers in the last 2 seasons.....let’s not pretend he won’t do a job for us in the championship next season.

Covers a lot of positions and has a good attitude.  Him or the likes of Stephen McGinn? 🤣

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Some of our fans  have totally unrealistic expectations.. it’s pretty funny.. if he was Andreas Van Hallidonk and we’d never heard of him they’d be lapping it up..  personally in ****ing sick of gambles.. it hasn’t worked.. as I say, decent player and EXACTLY the type we should be signing 100% every ****ing minute of every game..

we have a few who won’t want him as well because he’s a rangers fan. They are easy enough to spot

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Some of our fans  have totally unrealistic expectations.. it’s pretty funny.. if he was Andreas Van Hallidonk and we’d never heard of him they’d be lapping it up..  personally in ****ing sick of gambles.. it hasn’t worked.. as I say, decent player and EXACTLY the type we should be signing 100% every ****ing minute of every game..

we have a few who won’t want him as well because he’s a rangers fan. They are easy enough to spot

No doubting as a player he would be a good addition, assuming wages were in line with what we can afford and offer.

It just sticks with me any time we sign a fan of one of the arse cheeks. But if he gives 100% and is decent then I let it pass. I mean Hartley was a big celtic fan. Lafferty was a big the Rangers and rangers fan. When they were doing the business I didn't care.

What does annoy me is when one of our players drops their pants for the arse cheeks for a move for them.

Just now, JamboAndrew said:

No doubting as a player he would be a good addition, assuming wages were in line with what we can afford and offer.

It just sticks with me any time we sign a fan of one of the arse cheeks. But if he gives 100% and is decent then I let it pass. I mean Hartley was a big celtic fan. Lafferty was a big the Rangers and rangers fan. When they were doing the business I didn't care.

What does annoy me is when one of our players drops their pants for the arse cheeks for a move for them.

After watching us for 40 years I now understand that every single one of our players would drop their trousers when the arse cheers came calling, I’ve reconciled myself to it now. It’s just business

Some of the best players in our history have come from rangers and Celtic.. where they come from and who they support is no longer.

halliday will be great signing if we can get it across the line.. 

1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Are we even in for Andy Halliday?

He was asked about it on Off the Ball yesterday and his reaction ("can I say no comment?") suggested we probably are.

He wouldn't turn us back into a top three team but he'd be a solid enough signing on a two year deal.

25 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

My thinking is along these lines.  He's played at a half decent level in England - higher than most of our other players - and played for a rangers team who are far better than us.  28 or 29.  No complaints from me.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
22 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

we’ve signed some pure wank from abroad. I doubt anyone from here is seduced by exotic names.

Halliday would be good for the championship. I just hope we’ve out of the habit of four year deals.

39 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Versatility could be a bonus too. Can play left back and DM. Cover for Haring and whoever plays left back if he is not starting already. Could even ensure Haring gets phased back in gently, and also get Haring used as a back up centre half too.

Damour will be offski. If we have Naismith and Walker in the number 10 that leaves us Irving, Lee and even Haring who can be forward thinking. We need a nasty ******* in midfield and we also need cover at left back, so Halliday is ideal.

Even in a 3-4-3 we'll need someone in central midfield who is mainly defensive. You could get rid of Damour and White and only need Halliday to replace them.

Great signing and work from the management team if that comes to pass.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Andy Halliday is happy with a deal we have offered him. Would be surprised if he didn't sign 

Gives me a little movement. 

4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Damour will be offski. If we have Naismith and Walker in the number 10 that leaves us Irving, Lee and even Haring who can be forward thinking. We need a nasty ******* in midfield and we also need cover at left back, so Halliday is ideal.

Even in a 3-4-3 we'll need someone in central midfield who is mainly defensive. You could get rid of Damour and White and only need Halliday to replace them.

Great signing and work from the management team if that comes to pass.

I like your thinking 

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Glad @Agentjambo was spot on about us signing Dunne again.

Oh wait he’s starting for Burnley in the Premier League.

That's the thing, if he'd ended up on loan somewhere then maybe we tried but he chose elsewhere, the fact he's playing for Burnley just shows it was complete tripe. 

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

100%.

Hes exactly what we need, be a relative coup for us Tbh. 

Bazzas right boot
51 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Let's do whatever it takes to piss all over the championship and be in the sc final by Xmas. 

Most won't be caring about 2,3 or 4 year deals if that happens. 

Teams like ourselves have a large turnover anyway, it's the modern game. 

IMO he's more than  fine for the top league as well. 

Would be a good signing imo, seems to be1 off those players who wears heart on sleeve and gives his all, plus anyone who detests smeltic is ok with me 

1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Andy Halliday is happy with a deal we have offered him. Would be surprised if he didn't sign 

:levein_interesting: 4 year deal?  Joke.  😬 :uhoh2:

Hope he signs.  I am not getting over hyped about it.  It's not like he's a world beater.  So long as he does a good enough job I am happy.   Thanks for posting he's up for it.

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Halliday and Kingsley this week perhaps?🤔

Maybe just a striker after that?

If we sign Halliday, I honestly don't see the need for Kingsley. We would have Garrucio/White, Halliday and Watson. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Halliday and Kingsley this week perhaps?🤔

Maybe just a striker after that?

Be a great week if that play out. 

Damour and a lb away as well, job done you'd have thought. 

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, David Black said:

If we sign Halliday, I honestly don't see the need for Kingsley. We would have Garrucio/White, Halliday and Watson. 

Doubt Halliday will play left back.

Clearly Robbie wants a new left back though.

Leveins Battalion
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Be a great week if that play out. 

Damour and a lb away as well, job done you'd have thought. 

Absolutely!!!!

Still have feeling we have an ace up our sleeves for a striker..

4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Absolutely!!!!

Still have feeling we have an ace up our sleeves for a striker..

Robbies never managed a team without bring Osman Sow with him...

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

This. People are absolutely deluded if they think he won't be a good signing for us in our current predicament. People moaning about us having players with the wrong attitude and now we're looking at players who put hard work and dedication first and they're still unhappy. Wall punchers.

2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Robbies never managed a team without bring Osman Sow with him...

TBF, putting injuries to one side, he's not going to be first choice, will likely just be cover for Boyce and to push him hard for a first team place. 

Its not the worst idea, but I would probably prefer we look at alternative options who can do a job once promotion is achieved too. 

2 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Not the same source as your opening post I would hope.

Gordon/Zlamal

Smith/Brandon

Halkett/Hamilton

Popescu/Berra

Kingsley/Garuccio

Haring/Lee

Halliday/Irving

Ginnelly/Frear

Naismith/Walker

Roberts/Moore

Boyce/Wighton

Get the rest of the senior players except Souttar in the bin. I'd say Zlamal aswell but Stewart is only here until January and who knows what happens after that with Doyle coming back.

Bit light at centre back but it's time for Hamilton to step up. If not Smith can easily step in, or Haring.

Ability to play a few positions will be key if we're loaning out a lot of youngsters. 

We could do without an out and out bluenose with a readymade ‘hates the IRA’ song for our balloon fans to sing. I’d rather we passed on Andy f’n Halliday for that reason alone. I couldn’t give a **** if he played 100% of their games, even if he was their ‘best player’ get him to **** away from Heart of Midlothian. I genuinely don’t want to read/listen to the press’ go to man for Der Hun anywhere near us. 

Just now, Paris 1984 said:

We could do without an out and out bluenose with a readymade ‘hates the IRA’ song for our balloon fans to sing. I’d rather we passed on Andy f’n Halliday for that reason alone. I couldn’t give a **** if he played 100% of their games, even if he was their ‘best player’ get him to **** away from Heart of Midlothian. I genuinely don’t want to read/listen to the press’ go to man for Der Hun anywhere near us. 

Don’t be ridiculous. Some of our legends played for and were rangers fans, as well as some Celtic fans. To not sign him even partly because ot a small minority of idiots in our support is nuts. 

HEARTS FOREVER
3 minutes ago, Paris 1984 said:

You need to calm doon mate. 

Worrying about the day you never saw man

Just now, GinRummy said:

Don’t be ridiculous. Some of our legends played for and were rangers fans, as well as some Celtic fans. To not sign him even partly because ot a small minority of idiots in our support is nuts. 

and we still have those same “7ft and he plays the flute” balloons to listen to. 

Just now, Paris 1984 said:

and we still have those same “7ft and he plays the flute” balloons to listen to. 

I know. They’ll not be dictating who we sign though.