Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Just now, Last Laff said:

:arf:

You can actually feel the heat coming of his hard drive if you turn your cheek towards the North.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

28 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

You can actually feel the heat coming of his hard drive if you turn your cheek towards the North.

Aye, he definitely has the look about him :lol:  goes without saying he's plowed shed loads into the church to aid his guilty conscience. 

2 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Get the Halliday chat in the bin. He’s shite.

In comparison to who?  He was a very good player down South before heading up here.  He would easily do a job at full back and automatically be one of the best in the country. 

3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

In comparison to who?  He was a very good player down South before heading up here.  He would easily do a job at full back and automatically be one of the best in the country. 

I'm assuming you haven't seen his performances at left back over the last five years

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

I'm assuming you haven't seen his performances at left back over the last five years

He played fantastic against us there a couple of years ago at Tynie if that helps? (Morelos offside winner). 

11 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

This. Why would he suddenly be the best full back in the country playing for us in the championship when he wasn’t anything like that playing for a team with a wildly bigger budget than every team bar one that was expected to win every game (pretty much) easily? There’s absolutely no logic to these types of posts.

The Halliday chat reminds me of a personal stereo dilemma, I had when I was 12/13. I wanted one for my birthday, but I could have got a Sony Walkman and that was it, or an AIWA personal stereo (all the same parts as a Walkman and made by Sony) and a couple of tapes to go with it. I went for the AIWA and had no regrets.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

We are looking a lot more balanced and have removed some of the deadwood but we are not a top 6 side in the SPL.

Aberdeen, Motherwell, Killie and the scum across the road currently have stronger teams.

Too many "big names on paper" players haven't been producing the goods for us. Haring is only just returning to football after nearly 20 months out. 

I think we will walk the Championship this season however the current squad would finish 7th or 8th in the SPL or at best be vying for that 6th spot.

We have a few good individual players that are top 6 quality but the majority of the squad needs improved if we have aspirations to compete in the top 6 next season.

It’s a better squad than Robbie got into the top 6 last time he was here.

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I am no way ITK but people talking about Kingsley, Halliday and Stewart and talking nonsense. Kingsley the only one with any merit.

Stewart will be off to England for much more money than we can provide (even with Hickey money) and Neilson might want another striker but he’s not going to break the bank considering who we already have at the club.

And the Halliday chat really needs to stop. Aye he said Tynecastle has a good atmosphere on Si Ferry, why people let that cloud their judgement on a distinctly average player at best is beyond me. And before anyone starts with “he’s exactly they sort of midfielder we need in the Championship” that’s utter tripe. We strolled it last time with Gomis and Bauben, players comfortable on the ball and winning possession, not just hackers and people that run around like headless chickens that for some reason people applaud as good honest Scottish laddie effort. Give it a rest with that Halliday chat, honestly.

You said players like Gomis and Bauben who can win possession. Something that Halliday does and something we don’t have at the moment if I’m honest. Agree there is better players out there but would be a no bad option to have.

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Not sure where you get the too big from. Robbie has moved on far more players than he has brought in. If you had said this last season then I would agree with you.

When you have players such as Souttar, Berra, Naismith, Walker and Haring who would be regular starters if fit then with their injury history you have to have cover for them.

A post earlier basically listed 2 full teams and didn't include at least half a dozen youngsters with 1st team experience such as Henderson, Smith, Cochrane etc. By all means we can debate the quality but IMO having too large a squad leads to discontent and morale issues as has been seen over the past couple of years. This season will be worse with less games and no reserve league. 

Just what I wanted a Left Back on the radar. Now Robbie a Centre Back, a Midfielder & a Striker.

A strong first team squad of 25 aided by talented youngsters. Obviously I’d imagine Robbie will

still be looking to move a few players on. 

First team squad consisting of :     3 Goalkeepers,     2 Right Backs.     2 Left Backs.       4 Centre Backs

3 Wingers.        6 Midfielders.         2 No.10’s          3 Strikers

25 first team players that are good enough to play 1st team football.

Friend of mine seem to think East Fife are taking a Left Back off of us but then he said he thinks the boys name is Brandon. Can Jamie Brandon play at LB? 🤷🏼‍♂️

If we're looking to bring a left back in, i assume we're looking to move one out. 

I would rather we kept Garuccio over White personally, neither will play most weeks however i don't see the use in having a back up left back who can't play 90 minutes

9 minutes ago, bmxweeman said:

Friend of mine seem to think East Fife are taking a Left Back off of us but then he said he thinks the boys name is Brandon. Can Jamie Brandon play at LB? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yes.

5 hours ago, hisnameis said:

Clearly doesn't rate Garruccio and White. Completely agree with him tbh

If nothing else RN will know what he wants from his FB.  I never understood CL gambling on White due to his long term injury problem.  Similar with Garuccio.

When did we have an experienced fit LB? It appears that CL was employing on a trial & error basis: Oshaniwa, Sowah, Rherras, Mitchell, Smith-Brown, etc.

Gorgie Boot boy
5 hours ago, The Apprentice said:

Where are we getting the cash to fork out a transfer fee for Ross Stewart, considering Rotherham have had two failed bids for him? 

Ross Stewart is on loan to us from Livi. 

40 minutes ago, bmxweeman said:

I have always been a supporter of the larger clubs being able to go into a relationship with a lower league club on a feeder basis.  Currently SFA/SPFL restrict the number of players that can be loaned out.  If the SFA/SPFL are not keen on "B" teams playing in the league like in Europe then why not have feeder teams like with American baseball franchises.

Why are Hearts restricted to the number of players loaned out to East Fife?  Last season ICT loaned 6 players to lowly Fort William while Hearts has to loan young players piecemeal all over the place.  Was Adam Eckersley (replacing Gary Naysmith) as our last proper LB?

1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Yes.

If that’s the case then looks Like Brandon will be heading to East Fife. Don’t know omit on loan or permanent 

2 hours ago, StirlingJambo said:

You said players like Gomis and Bauben who can win possession. Something that Halliday does and something we don’t have at the moment if I’m honest. Agree there is better players out there but would be a no bad option to have.

They won possession through positioning and interceptions. From what I’ve seen of Halliday he doesn’t win possession well or subtly at any rate. He’s a sending off waiting to happen. We don’t need him to win the Championship, we don’t need any “tough tackler” to do it as we didn’t last time, and when we go up he’ll be in his 30’s and not good enough for that league (as proven by the fact he’s been without a club for 4 months). He’d also command too much in wages for the level we’re at and more importantly the level he’s at. Because he’s terrible.

3 minutes ago, Australis said:

Just seen we have loaned a player to Brechin city.

Was the Brechin chairman not involved in them staying up and us getting relegated?

Yeah. Brechin were selfish pricks. 

5 minutes ago, Australis said:

Just seen we have loaned a player to Brechin city.

Was the Brechin chairman not involved in them staying up and us getting relegated?

Think most of us agree about  the other clubs shafting us and what as fans we would like to do to them.

However, we need to deal with the other clubs, in terms of getting our youngsters especially game time.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Who will we give to Raith I wonder.

Hopefully the first one to get Covid. 

Edited by GinRummy

4 hours ago, HoGwash said:

I know it goes against the grain a bit but I worry that the squad is too big and that this is never good for morale as well as making it tougher for the young guys to break through and prove themselves. We currently have enough players for at least 2 and a half teams for a maximum 27 game league season so I hope we stick to the 1 out, 1 in philosophy and don't keep increasing our numbers. 

In centre mid we currently have Haring, Lee, Damour and Irving, with Cochrane and Connor Smith as backup. Walker and Naismith can also play in there so we have sufficient numbers. Therefore moving guys on is still a priority for me before adding to the squad. 

Agree we have the numbers but I’d be concerned relying on Peter Haring injury wise and Lee isn’t the quickest We could do with legs in there and competition for places. Quality is required 

1 minute ago, Tasavallan said:

If nothing else RN will know what he wants from his FB.  I never understood CL gambling on White due to his long term injury problem.  Similar with Garuccio.

When did we have an experienced fit LB? It appears that CL was employing on a trial & error basis: Oshaniwa, Sowah, Rherras, Mitchell, Smith-Brown, etc.

I think he wanted to discover a brilliant player and get loads of plaudits for unearthing a diamond. Instead he found donkeys 

Gorgie Boot boy
19 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Brechin have a Representative on the SFA board. They were due to play the winners of Brora Rangers and Kelty Hearts. They were saved then had a hand in the shabackle that followed.  

Chair: Michael Mulraney (Scottish FA)

Members: Ian Maxwell (Scottish FA), Neil Doncaster Idiot (SPFL), Leslie Gray (SPFL), Michael Nicholson (SPFL), Ken Ferguson Liar (SPFL), Duncan Fraser (SPFL), Finlay Noble (SHFL) and Tom Brown (SLFL).

Berra than you

Loaning a youth player to lower league clubs helps us more than it helps them. They could get any young player from any club in the country. If we don't loan out any youngsters we will never know if they can step up or not.

1 minute ago, Berra than you said:

Loaning a youth player to lower league clubs helps us more than it helps them. They could get any young player from any club in the country. If we don't loan out any youngsters we will never know if they can step up or not.

I agree. 

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Will need long strides to step up from that garbage level, Brechin are hopeless. Good luck to the lad , he will need it there.

3 hours ago, Last Laff said:

aww ffs. 

It’s ok mate I’ve started drinking already too

Berra than you
5 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Will need long strides to step up from that garbage level, Brechin are hopeless. Good luck to the lad , he will need it there.

Likely, got to start somewhere though. Think he is still quite young so plenty time.

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Likely, got to start somewhere though. Think he is still quite young so plenty time.

I am going to end up looking for the results now, I have seen the lad play a few times over the last two years. I like him, he has bags of potential. Just have a childish hate for Brechin. and others. I am old, so not got plenty time to change my mood on the topic. Hopeful Leeroy makes a name for himself though.

Haringshairband
15 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

This!

Let’s be realistic, it’s important we allow our players to go out and develop.. and if we only loan to clubs we don’t have the hump with we won’t be loaning out to very many 😂