Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

4 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Let’s keep our fingers crossed it’s both!!

Harsh, Both could do a job easily in the championship. I’d rather save the money for a premiership standard player next year. 

Ainsley Harriott
25 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Left back next on Robbie’s shopping list according to EEN

I'm assuming Gurrucio or White must be leaving then

11 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Brandon and Moore, for sure, not sure about Cochrane cos his career has went to shit. I really rate McDonald but he seems to have been stuck on the back burner. 

Deary me, he's 19 with 50 senior under his belt and that's with a few injuries, it's hardly went to shit.  Let's get behind these boys, the youngsters don't deserve to be tarred with same brush as the senior boys who got us in this mess.  It's hardly been a good environment for young players to flourish.

The Apprentice
10 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

11 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Your decent team needs Ross Kelly and sorted.

Where are we getting the cash to fork out a transfer fee for Ross Stewart, considering Rotherham have had two failed bids for him? 

40 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We signed too many players who, for whatever reason, just were not ready or willing or able to compete well. Damour, White, Clare, Whelan, Wighton. Players who either were not willing to put the effort in because they didn’t really want to be at the club, recovering from injury, confidence issues or injury prone. We were not a top 6 team. Our midfield was absolutely gutless and our defence was error prone. Those two things equal bottom 6 and that’s where we ended up and deserved to end up. 

No question my mind that the squad we had should have finished top 6 based on capability.   I agree that we deserved to finish where we did.   We grossly underperformed. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

We are looking a lot more balanced and have removed some of the deadwood but we are not a top 6 side in the SPL.

Aberdeen, Motherwell, Killie and the scum across the road currently have stronger teams.

Too many "big names on paper" players haven't been producing the goods for us. Haring is only just returning to football after nearly 20 months out. 

I think we will walk the Championship this season however the current squad would finish 7th or 8th in the SPL or at best be vying for that 6th spot.

We have a few good individual players that are top 6 quality but the majority of the squad needs improved if we have aspirations to compete in the top 6 next season.

Not convinced Motherwell, kilie and hibs will finish top 6 Tbh, and if they do its because the likes of livi, Hamilton, St Johnstone, utd are poor and we'll be better than them on promotion. 

Last time on promotion we then finished third, Hibs won a cup in the championship and ended up 4th on coming back. 

The biggest issue for us has been keeping our best players fit, if we do that we've got a team that will stroll the championship and have a base for finishing top 6, imo quite easily. 

A bit confidence also goes a long way. 

Austin MacGlee
42 minutes ago, hisnameis said:

Clearly doesn't rate Garruccio and White. Completely agree with him tbh

Same. I trust Robbie to recruit the right players in the right positions for this league. 

It's as clear as day where we need to strengthen and his signings so far show that he is a far more competent manager than we've had in years. We look so much more balanced even though we've lost some good players.

We are where we are. In the Championship. We need a squad to win it. Nothing more, nothing less. We can’t afford to have a top six squad this season. What if we don’t get promoted - for whatever reason - and we are stuck with a very expensive squad. 
Think we are close to a Championship winning squad. It’s still a high risk squad. Too many players who may or may not be fit or may or may not deliver. May need adjustment in winter -  so need emergency cash for that. It’s about the Manager getting the best he can of each player, but of luck on injuries and possibly a good winter transfer window. 
IF we get promoted, we will need to significantly enhance the squad but hopefully be closer to a core of players, not wholesale changes. 

6 minutes ago, Sid said:

We are where we are. In the Championship. We need a squad to win it. Nothing more, nothing less. We can’t afford to have a top six squad this season. What if we don’t get promoted - for whatever reason - and we are stuck with a very expensive squad. 
Think we are close to a Championship winning squad. It’s still a high risk squad. Too many players who may or may not be fit or may or may not deliver. May need adjustment in winter -  so need emergency cash for that. It’s about the Manager getting the best he can of each player, but of luck on injuries and possibly a good winter transfer window. 
IF we get promoted, we will need to significantly enhance the squad but hopefully be closer to a core of players, not wholesale changes. 

If we dont get promoted it won't be as a result of what happens on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Going to come down to the players mind set and what Robbie can get out of them . 

If it's the same as last year we'll struggle to get promoted even against the rubbish on the Championship. 

They need to knuckle down , work their balls of and go the extra mile for the club , every single game. Will they ? Not sure tbh . 

I agree to an extent however more importantly for me is having the right balance of players and playing to our strengths.

I have every confidence that Robbie and his staff will  do this.

I think from the short training videos being put out you can see an enthusiasm and urgency about the players and their coaches which I think was lacking previously. They also look and sound like they are enjoying it too which is important.

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

Where are we getting the cash to fork out a transfer fee for Ross Stewart, considering Rotherham have had two failed bids for him? 

Hickey money. 

Robbie seems to on the same wavelength as most of us.....he knows what is needed and is filling the weak positions bit by bit.

A LB, CM and Striker would make this a very solid squad for the Premier League never mind the championship.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Sid said:

We shouldn't need a winter transfer window to save us, our team is far better than all in this league and our squad stronger and bigger. 

The only threat to us would be if another team was also a bit stronger than all the rest and won v the others at a similar rate to what I expect us too and the difference between 1st and second was the head to heads. 

Atm I can't see a team near ours. 

Zlamal, White, Damour and Wighton out

Kingsley, Halliday, Stewart in..

not ITK, would certainly leave us with a much stronger, better balanced squad

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I fear we are stuck with Damour and Wighton for this season ... Zlamal is off the payroll for the moment so if a new left back comes in it looks like you will be right in that White or Garruccio will be going

Leveins Battalion
10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

That would be unbelievable business.

Berra than you

Is the Stewart chat genuine? Would 100% take him at hearts but not believing for a minute he would come or that we could afford him right now.

11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Bald Wighton is definitely staying for this season. Hopefully can overcome any issues with nerves whilst there's no fans.

I would be delighted to lose the rest. If we lose Damour though I think we'll need two more in midfield.

And didn't Ross County want 500k-1m for Stewart? I like him as a player though, massive with good linking and mobility.

29 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Robbie seems to on the same wavelength as most of us.....he knows what is needed and is filling the weak positions bit by bit.

A LB, CM and Striker would make this a very solid squad for the Premier League never mind the championship.

This is where I’m currently at. Goalkeeper & CB done. A couple of wingers done. That CM spot is crucial for me 

Leveins Battalion
5 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Is the Stewart chat genuine? Would 100% take him at hearts but not believing for a minute he would come or that we could afford him right now.

Even in the championship Ross County to Hearts is a massive step.

I think we are now around 2-3 signings away from being a decent side.

I am quietly confident we are getting players in the door who want to be here and will go the extra mile for our club.

All credit to our coaching team the recruitment has improved imo

I hope everyone hits the ground running and we go on to have another romping championship season like last time.

10 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

If we lose Damour though I think we'll need two more in midfield.

Harsh. I know he didn’t look very fit, but that’s over-egging it a little.

I am no way ITK but people talking about Kingsley, Halliday and Stewart and talking nonsense. Kingsley the only one with any merit.

Stewart will be off to England for much more money than we can provide (even with Hickey money) and Neilson might want another striker but he’s not going to break the bank considering who we already have at the club.

And the Halliday chat really needs to stop. Aye he said Tynecastle has a good atmosphere on Si Ferry, why people let that cloud their judgement on a distinctly average player at best is beyond me. And before anyone starts with “he’s exactly they sort of midfielder we need in the Championship” that’s utter tripe. We strolled it last time with Gomis and Bauben, players comfortable on the ball and winning possession, not just hackers and people that run around like headless chickens that for some reason people applaud as good honest Scottish laddie effort. Give it a rest with that Halliday chat, honestly.

5 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

This is where I’m currently at. Goalkeeper & CB done. A couple of wingers done. That CM spot is crucial for me 

I know it goes against the grain a bit but I worry that the squad is too big and that this is never good for morale as well as making it tougher for the young guys to break through and prove themselves. We currently have enough players for at least 2 and a half teams for a maximum 27 game league season so I hope we stick to the 1 out, 1 in philosophy and don't keep increasing our numbers. 

In centre mid we currently have Haring, Lee, Damour and Irving, with Cochrane and Connor Smith as backup. Walker and Naismith can also play in there so we have sufficient numbers. Therefore moving guys on is still a priority for me before adding to the squad. 

12 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Absolutely. We are multiple times the size of Ross County, and the percentage of time either club has spent outside the top flight is a good indicator of this... that and the modern decent sized stadium, silverware, attendances and prestige in the game. Where we are currently is not our normal, and it won’t be the case for very long.

I think it’d rule us out for players if they had offers at Hibs or Aberdeen as well as us just now, as that’s sadly where we are just now. I don’t think it’ll put of a player at some totally pishy wee club like County though. 

Edited by Beast Boy

1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Deary me, he's 19 with 50 senior under his belt and that's with a few injuries, it's hardly went to shit.  Let's get behind these boys, the youngsters don't deserve to be tarred with same brush as the senior boys who got us in this mess.  It's hardly been a good environment for young players to flourish.

This.  I'm hoping the youngsters get the chance to show what they can do and save us some transfer fees

For some reason, I have high hopes for Henderson this year - please don't respond with negative, he is rank etc type comments.  

Berra than you
19 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Not disputing that at all. But given there are clubs down south sniffing about him, I would imagine he would rather have a crack at that. And I'm still not sure we could afford what county would be after. 

I think if any of the LBs are being moved on it will be Garrucio, White has just bought a fancy house in Midlothian and I don’t think he would have done that without assurances he was part of the teams plans.

24 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

I know it goes against the grain a bit but I worry that the squad is too big and that this is never good for morale as well as making it tougher for the young guys to break through and prove themselves. We currently have enough players for at least 2 and a half teams for a maximum 27 game league season so I hope we stick to the 1 out, 1 in philosophy and don't keep increasing our numbers. 

In centre mid we currently have Haring, Lee, Damour and Irving, with Cochrane and Connor Smith as backup. Walker and Naismith can also play in there so we have sufficient numbers. Therefore moving guys on is still a priority for me before adding to the squad. 

Not sure where you get the too big from. Robbie has moved on far more players than he has brought in. If you had said this last season then I would agree with you.

When you have players such as Souttar, Berra, Naismith, Walker and Haring who would be regular starters if fit then with their injury history you have to have cover for them.

4 minutes ago, bmxweeman said:

I think if any of the LBs are being moved on it will be Garrucio, White has just bought a fancy house in Midlothian and I don’t think he would have done that without assurances he was part of the teams plans.

A fancy house in Midlothian. 

Does such a thing even exist ? 

39 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Would be absolutely delighted if we did this. No need to keep Zlamal on a first team players wage if he's not a first team player. Stewart and Stone are fine as backup for me. 

Think Wighton is staying though. Robbie has been talking him up in the media, he's featuring in a lot of social media posts, and appears to be performing very well in training. 

Unless we're touting him to potential buyers... 

3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

A fancy house in Midlothian. 

Does such a thing even exist ? 

Plenty.

Check out some of the houses in Middleton.  Lots of millionaires out there believe me.

WheatfieldWarrior
11 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Interesting view..... 

The same is true for TV quiz shows signing presenters. Apparently.

If only he had this wisdom yesterday.

19 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Plenty.

Check out some of the houses in Middleton.  Lots of millionaires out there believe me.

Some absolutely cracking pads in Midlothian. The biggest house Ive ever seen was in MIdlothian - owned by the owner of TetraPak

Edited by Batistuta87

2 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I'm assuming Gurrucio or White must be leaving then

He doesn't want either of them. Both are on the block.

1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

Absolutely. We are multiple times the size of Ross County, and the percentage of time either club has spent outside the top flight is a good indicator of this... that and the modern decent sized stadium, silverware, attendances and prestige in the game. Where we are currently is not our normal, and it won’t be the case for very long.

I think it’d rule us out for players if they had offers at Hibs or Aberdeen as well as us just now, as that’s sadly where we are just now. I don’t think it’ll put of a player at some totally pishy wee club like County though. 

Stewart of a pre-contract would be a decent shout but their Chairman has already said they've rejected bids and won't sell less than what they value him and that would be a substantial bid.

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

Harsh, Both could do a job easily in the championship. I’d rather save the money for a premiership standard player next year. 

Both will be on more than decent money for where we find ourselves and it can't be justified in any way. 

Just now, Last Laff said:

Stewart of a pre-contract would be a decent shout but their Chairman has already said they've rejected bids and won't sell less than what they value him and that would be a substantial bid.

Pre-contract would be satisfying, purely to get up HML's nose.

5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

He’s a good good player

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I am no way ITK but people talking about Kingsley, Halliday and Stewart and talking nonsense. Kingsley the only one with any merit.

Stewart will be off to England for much more money than we can provide (even with Hickey money) and Neilson might want another striker but he’s not going to break the bank considering who we already have at the club.

And the Halliday chat really needs to stop. Aye he said Tynecastle has a good atmosphere on Si Ferry, why people let that cloud their judgement on a distinctly average player at best is beyond me. And before anyone starts with “he’s exactly they sort of midfielder we need in the Championship” that’s utter tripe. We strolled it last time with Gomis and Bauben, players comfortable on the ball and winning possession, not just hackers and people that run around like headless chickens that for some reason people applaud as good honest Scottish laddie effort. Give it a rest with that Halliday chat, honestly.

Well said.