dazajmbo

Hearts transfer window (Popescu signs)

Beast Boy
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

As you’ve failed to realise even though I’ve pointed it out I’m talking about his playing career.

Just because he was lucky to be here at that time. He was Leveins pet project, if he’d got a decent LB Maybury would e played ahead of him. Burley wanted him out but got Tall instead. It doesn’t make him a success. One cap for Scotland is not great really. 
Great managerial career so far, apart from his derby record which defined his first term. 

I think you’re being a bit churlish here. He wasn’t a world beater, but he has had a reasonably successful career, which is even more impressive since he wasn’t the most gifted player.

Scotland cap

Scottish Cup

Group stages of UEFA Cup where he scored

Second place and quite a few third place finishes

Champions League Qualifiers

Fair few other European games 

That’s not bad at all. :thumbsup:

Edited by Beast Boy

Beast Boy
1 hour ago, Sertse said:

Correct

Mehtastic.

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah Liam, what's your track record? 

I don't need to prove a thing to you. The folk that I've PM'd know my track record.

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

I think you’re being a bit churlish here. He wasn’t a world beater, but he has had a reasonably successful career, which is even more impressive since he wasn’t the most gifted player.

Scotland cap

Scottish Cup

Probably, considering how limited he was. I only mentioned that playing in front of Fysass was better than playing in front of him.

WDJ87
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Probably, considering how limited he was. I only mentioned that playing in front of Fysass was better than playing in front of him.

Thing is though, he knew his own limitations and has said as much. If you haven't already, check out his interview on "scarves around the funnel" podcast. His career is a testament to his intelligence and it is serving him well (so far) in his management career. Yeah he wasn't amazing but he had a better career than you or I ...

Edited by WDJ87

Beast Boy
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Christ, no arguments there! Imagine being Miko and Cesny when they first arrived - Neilson and Jamie McAlistair, if I remember right. At that point they were probably coming to blows with each other to be the one playing in front of Robbie. :lol: 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Thing is though, he knew his own limitations and has said as much. If you haven't already, check out his interview on "scarves around the funnel" podcast. His career is a testament to his intelligence and it is serving him well (so far) in his management career. Yeah he wasn't amazing but he had a better career than you or I ...

I didn’t question his intelligence, just his ability which as everyone has admitted was limited. Better football career than us definitely. 

Swanny17

Can’t believe the childish “my dad is bigger than your dad” chat that goes on in this place sometimes. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Christ, no arguments there! Imagine being Miko and Cesny when they first arrived - Neilson and Jamie McAlistair, if I remember right. At that point they were probably coming to blows with each other to be the one playing in front of Robbie. :lol: 

That was my initial point, that they both played better on the left 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔😆

Beast Boy
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

That was my initial point, that they both played better on the left 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔😆

Ah... could understand that being the case with Fyssas and Wallace, but McAlistair? Ouch.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Ah... could understand that being the case with Fyssas and Wallace, but McAlistair? Ouch.

He was murder but don’t get me started on him 😆

stevie1874
4 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Can’t believe the childish “my dad is bigger than your dad” chat that goes on in this place sometimes. 

Exactly, if folk are passed info then post it, Some folk get some  right and some folk get nowt right. The fact is no awards are handed out for ITK posts. 

Henroddy
39 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Scotland cap

Scottish Cup

For someone with limited ability Robbie had a brilliant career. Including time at Leicester. As a manager he has so far been nothing short of fantastic for Hearts. We romped a Championship that included both Rangers and Hibs. He left us 2nd in the SPL. Those who moan about losing to Hibs in the cup need a reality check. We had a decent record against Hibs and Rangers last season but look where we have ended up. Of course I would like to beat Hibs every time bit it simply wont happen. Occasional loss to Hibs and be near top of SPL? Yes please

Beast Boy
10 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

Occasional loss to Hibs and be near top of SPL? Yes please

Pretty much describes where Hearts should always be, and were for many years.

Rick Sanchez
44 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I don't need to prove a thing to you. The folk that I've PM'd know my track record.

You dropped Roberts name from absolutely nowhere. Definitely ITK. 

Anymore chat drop me a PM 👍

Sir Gio

Does ITK come with any rewards or make you a superior person?

Always wondered what the fascination was with knowing someone who might know something but then again it might be shite 

Sir Gio
16 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

For someone with limited ability Robbie had a brilliant career. Including time at Leicester. As a manager he has so far been nothing short of fantastic for Hearts. We romped a Championship that included both Rangers and Hibs. He left us 2nd in the SPL. Those who moan about losing to Hibs in the cup need a reality check. We had a decent record against Hibs and Rangers last season but look where we have ended up. Of course I would like to beat Hibs every time bit it simply wont happen. Occasional loss to Hibs and be near top of SPL? Yes please

He is a hardworking man who makes the most of what he has. These are generally my favourite kind of person. Honest. 

GinRummy
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He is a hardworking man who makes the most of what he has. These are generally my favourite kind of person. Honest. 

Well said. 

hmfc_liam06
42 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

You dropped Roberts name from absolutely nowhere. Definitely ITK. 

Anymore chat drop me a PM 👍

No problem Rick. Tbh it's dried up a bit but if I hear anything I'll let you know.

I won't just drop in random names to try stay relevant :lol:

feedtheroman2
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

He was murder but don’t get me started on him 😆

To be fair he did help "Meadowbank " beat the wee team in the 2005 league cup final

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, feedtheroman2 said:

To be fair he did help "Meadowbank " beat the wee team in the 2005 league cup final

I celebrated that wildly, didn’t do much for us though. I remember him abusing the fans at ER during a diddy cup semi defeat to Motherwell. Seems to be doing well as a coach now, funny that 🤔😆.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Bongo 1874
4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

What you wanting a medal? Why feel the need to attack an another poster, personally speaking i don't give a toss what you post on here, but if I post a bit of info up and it doesn't come off that means I've had a mare. 

Really does show what you know about football, because if you knew anything about football, you would know clubs speak to many players and enquire etc, some come off some don't.

That's football if you want top ITK you can have it,like genuinely mate i could not care 😂i certainly don't come on a forum to have a go at other posters. 

Must have way to much time on your hands, like genuinely have i ever quoted you 😂 if you tell a bit of info and it's come off then fair play, certainly wouldn't have a go at you if you didn't.

So petty man all the best 👍

Bongo 1874
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Does ITK come with any rewards or make you a superior person?

Always wondered what the fascination was with knowing someone who might know something but then again it might be shite 

👏👍

Means nothing. 

Beast Boy

The rest of us feel like Sam; stuck between the warring ITK dojos. :(

Theres room enough for all of you in The JKB Valley.

Bull's-eye

Same Shite, probably the same posters, different day.

adam1998
5 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

What you wanting a medal? Why feel the need to attack an another poster, personally speaking i don't give a toss what you post on here, but if I post a bit of info up and it doesn't come off that means I've had a mare. 

Really does show what you know about football, because if you knew anything about football, you would know clubs speak to many players and enquire etc, some come off some don't.

That's football if you want top ITK you can have it,like genuinely mate i could not care 😂i certainly don't come on a forum to have a go at other posters. 

Must have way to much time on your hands, like genuinely have i ever quoted you 😂 if you tell a bit of info and it's come off then fair play, certainly wouldn't have a go at you if you didn't.

Well said, think this ITK chat on the forum is very cringeworthy. 

I have someone that shares info not on here from numerous sources - some that come off and some don’t, all is much appreciated and I choose to leave it at that.

I think it’s always excellent to hear from guys like you willing to go out your way to put the rumours out on here. 

The back patting/personal digs and sh** patter (nothing to do with ‘transfers for Our club’) clogging up the thread from some make it tedious at times though.

cheers and keep posting, some of us really enjoy reading it 

gorgieheart

Sooooooo, any news on TRANSFERS  ?

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Sooooooo, any news on TRANSFERS  ?

Popescu has been officially announced as signing for us. Not by us though, but by Dinamo Bucaresti.

Hickey is set to sign for Bologna either a month ago, in the last week, yesterday after getting his 2nd test back, which moved to today once it was clear nothing was announced yesterday. Personally I think it’s pretty safe to say he’ll be announced as a Bologna player in the next 1 to 2 decades...

Other than that just pure speculation that gets debunked within hours of posting as supposed ITK tidbits or complete wishful thinking of mediocre hypothetical signings.

Fun times.

hmfc_liam06
6 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

"Attack" :lol:

Baxfee

Hope someone signs soon just to stop the guff above. 

Leveins Battalion

Today is Popescu Day.

Leveins Battalion

BTW anybody watch STV news last night,quite liked the highlight they showed of Popescu going radge at the St Mirren fans🤣

Need more characters like that at Tynie imo.

hmfc_liam06
2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

BTW anybody watch STV news last night,quite liked the highlight they showed of Popescu going radge at the St Mirren fans🤣

Need more characters like that at Tynie imo.

Definitely need one or two guys with a bit about them in the team.

A midfielder that gets fired in about it would be nice too 😆 

GinRummy
6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Definitely need one or two guys with a bit about them in the team.

A midfielder that gets fired in about it would be nice too 😆 

Been saying the same regarding a midfielder. We lacked a lot of qualities in the midfield last season and someone who's going to cause a few bruises was one of them. 

Edit: I am delighted Robbie seems to have added width. Will make a huge difference.

Edited by GinRummy

Dia Liom

Today's the day, I can feel it in my blood, not in-the-know, or am I.

Barack

Hope if Popescu signs, then the announcement isn't ambiguous.

There's enough of that sort of thing already.

hmfc_liam06
12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Been saying the same regarding a midfielder. We lacked a lot of qualities in the midfield last season and someone who's going to cause a few bruises was one of them. 

Edit: I am delighted Robbie seems to have added width. Will make a huge difference.

Yep, a right nasty ******* in the middle. 

Then a striker and I think we'd be set.

BackOfTheNet
Just now, Barack said:

If? Unless Dinamo are way off the track, he already has.

Barack
Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

If? Unless Dinamo are way off the track, he already has.

You see? It's already started...

;)

GinRummy
Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

if Popescu signs I agree. Seems to be a good balance developing.

King prawn
1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

Same Shite, probably the same posters, different day.

:lol: 

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

You see? It's already started...

;)

Or has it? 🤔

Barack
Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Or has it? 🤔

Who knows? By the way, rather than replying on the other thread. Can't you just mirror your stream from the laptop to the TV without relying on an ethernet cable? Is your signal not stable enough to do that?

I.T.K
1 hour ago, adam1998 said:

think this ITK chat on the forum is very cringeworthy. 

:oohmatron:  

Smithee
15 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

As you’ve failed to realise even though I’ve pointed it out I’m talking about his playing career.

Just because he was lucky to be here at that time. He was Leveins pet project, if he’d got a decent LB Maybury would e played ahead of him. Burley wanted him out but got Tall instead. It doesn’t make him a success. One cap for Scotland is not great really. 
Great managerial career so far, apart from his derby record which defined his first term. 

I didn't get Robbie while he played for us because all I could see were his relative limitations going forward and on the ball.

But he was a right back, not an attacking mid, I was looking at the wrong attributes. As soon as he left we started getting hammered down our right side, and I clicked to how effective he'd been, how well he'd understood the position, where he needed to be and when.

Sometimes you don't know what you've got til it's gone, that was me with Robbie.

adam1998
Just now, I.T.K said:

:oohmatron:  

Sorry for taking your username in vain 😅

DG_HMFC
24 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

A right nasty ******* in the middle who'll spend the majority of his time suspended because our refs are a joke? That'll work right enough.

soonbe110
27 minutes ago, Barack said:

Maybe aye, maybe no 

soonbe110
17 minutes ago, Barack said:

Who knows? By the way, rather than replying on the other thread. Can't you just mirror your stream from the laptop to the TV without relying on an ethernet cable? Is your signal not stable enough to do that?

Planning to try that for the thistle game. 

Ainsley Harriott
12 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Have had it confirmed from my source that we are interested in a Romanian CB who has played in the SPL.

The initial I was given was MP.

I'm ITK anybody who disagrees is just jealous.

That's it your doing it right. Between me and you a former player and Scottish international will be in goals next season.