Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

They were a big club for many years. I think they've falling away a bit in the last decade though. Last 3 seasons they've finished 7th, 9th and 13th. I remember them as the biggest club in Romania along with Steaua. 

Really familiar then, he will know the demands of the fans then. First choice this season, next season maybe not. A bit like Ozturk, Augustyn, Rossi to an extent. 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

rudi must stay
11 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Whilst I hope he is a real asset to the team, if he turns out to be Tom Kite, or even David Nish, will there be a chant incorporating  '**** the Pope....escu?'

We don't seem to do chants for players that are either of those

4 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Any links, cant find the usual yootube stuff. 

Searched with Mihail Popescu all i get us crappy europop music. Not my bag but the guys got talent. 

put his name in followed by dinamo bucharest

Gorgie Boot boy
7 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Whilst I hope he is a real asset to the team, if he turns out to be Tom Kite, or even David Nish, will there be a chant incorporating  '**** the Pope....escu?'

Or if he is a good un then it will be 

Dracului contele genial Popescu cel mare

“He’ll do well in the Championship. He can take the ball out from the back, which is key for us because we’re expecting to have a lot of possession”.

quote from robbie above. The first time he gets caught in possession he’ll get absolutely slaughtered on here.  😀

Edited by GinRummy

2 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Or if he is a good un then it will be 

Dracului contele genial Popescu cel mare

I hope you are correct.   

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

a phrase i never expected to see/hear

They're usually unintelligible.  :huh: :ermm: :wtfvlad:

Anyway, feck Paisley, feck St. Midden, welcome Mihai.   :thumbsup:

Edited by Auld Reekin'

5 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

In regards to Popescu, i can't get that excited when Robbie's description of him is “He’ll do well in the Championship"

Horses for courses. He’ s probably had his budget cut today following 5,000 wanting their season ticket money back. 😜

11 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

In regards to Popescu, i can't get that excited when Robbie's description of him is “He’ll do well in the Championship"

He maybe used the championship as an example because that’s the league we’ll be playing in. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

He maybe used the championship as an example because that’s the league we’ll be playing in. 

I just hope he's not just signing players that can do a job in the championship or we'll have another massive turn over of players all over again next season (assuming we get promoted) not to mention the cup games where we may well get Hibs, Aberdeen, Celtic or Rangers. 

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Calm down with the common sense.....

1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I just hope he's not just signing players that can do a job in the championship or we'll have another massive turn over of players all over again next season (assuming we get promoted) not to mention the cup games where we may well get Hibs, Aberdeen, Celtic or Rangers. 

Jesus......

You want players who will challenge at the top end of the premier league......to sign for us in the championship?!?

Reality check required.

5 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Actually partly agree there. We need to be building for the future but his priority was width and back up centre backs in my opinion. Players who were fit and ready to play. Always tricky attracting the quality of players we’d all like when we’ve just been relegated but you never know, he may have unearthed a couple of gems. 

Edited by GinRummy

17 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

See these common sense posts?  No place for them here pal.  Suggest you walk away and come back with a rant or hat kicking exercise.

1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

See these common sense posts?  No place for them here pal.  Suggest you walk away and come back with a rant or hat kicking exercise.

You excited like? The boy used to play for St Mirren lol

1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

You excited like? The boy used to play for St Mirren lol

No i'm realistic.  We need to look for some diamonds in the lower leagues.  Our budget is probably half of last years and we are in a lower league with lower prize money and no crowds to spend out hard earned on the match day usuals.

1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

No i'm realistic.  We need to look for some diamonds in the lower leagues.  Our budget is probably half of last years and we are in a lower league with lower prize money and no crowds to spend out hard earned on the match day usuals.

Yeah, I totally understand that but Robbie and Ann cannot afford to **** up the "product" on the park this time. 

The fans have pumped millions in to the club and have been through the ringer far too much. 

7 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Could be that they are going "all-out" to reach the lad of milk and honey that is the Premiership. Spending money they really don't have to win promotion.

Which of course will make it all the more delicious when they finish 14 points behind us in 2nd and lose their play-off. Beautiful.

Or, actually 2 points behind us with a game in hand and the season is called early.

I wonder if they would push for reconstruction?

Just now, colinmaroon said:

Or, actually 2 points behind us with a game in hand and the season is called early.

I wonder if they would push for reconstruction?

Reconstruction would certainly be the fairest thing in those circumstances 🤔

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Means very little but he did strike me as too good for St Mirren. 

Possibly an in betweener. Squad filller in future 

1 minute ago, baxterd1974 said:

So did John Mcginn, he's doing no to bad.

John McGinn didn't end up coming back to sign for a Scottish team in the Championship. 

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

The expert that bought him thought he was a defender and played him there until we were getting beat off a league 1 side. 

Meaningless jibe!  Haring didn't know he was a midfield player!

2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

John McGinn didn't end up coming back to sign for a Scottish team in the Championship. 

He went from St Mirren to a championship club instead. How about just giving the boy a chance and support him? Alien concept to some on here. 

3 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I mean he did leave a team relegated from the scottish premiership to join a team wallowing in the scottish championship

1 minute ago, baxterd1974 said:

He went from St Mirren to a championship club instead. How about just giving the boy a chance and support him? Alien concept to some on here. 

Fair enough, this has escalated further than i meant it to, he's going to be better than an injured john souttar, and for that, we should be grateful. 

I can't say i'm worried about any of our players in this league, you just have to look at the squads of the other teams to put yourself at ease. The only signing so far who i think might struggle is Frear

20 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Yeah, I totally understand that but Robbie and Ann cannot afford to **** up the "product" on the park this time. 

The fans have pumped millions in to the club and have been through the ringer far too much. 

Yes we have but we also have to accept that we need to cut our cloth so to speak. 

2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Fair enough, this has escalated further than i meant it to, he's going to be better than an injured john souttar, and for that, we should be grateful. 

Good man, we are all angry Jambos given what we have put up with but I'm trusting Robbie based on his record with us. More hit than miss IMHO 

Leveins Battalion

Gordon 

Smith

Halkett

Popescu

Garrucio 

Haring

Irving

Roberts

Ginnelly 

Boyce

Naismith 

Decent 11 

Then 

Berra

Lee

Damour

Frear

Wightin

Walker

Smith

Hamilton

rudi must stay
8 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Gordon 

Smith

Halkett

Popescu

Garrucio 

Haring

Irving

Roberts

Ginnelly 

Boyce

Naismith 

Decent 11 

Then 

Berra

Lee

Damour

Frear

Wightin

Walker

Smith

Hamilton

Very decent.

I hope Irving is first choice, very decent prospect 

We're still assuming that Gordon ,Naismith and Haring won't be injured all the time and that Irvine will push on to become a player. 

I actually reckon Frear and Wighton might have more of a say in the starting 11. 

24 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Gordon 

Smith

Halkett

Popescu

Garrucio 

Haring

Irving

Roberts

Ginnelly 

Boyce

Naismith 

Decent 11 

Then 

Berra

Lee

Damour

Frear

Wightin

Walker

Smith

Hamilton

looks far better balanced than last year. Need another forward and a cm.. move on wighton and Damour.. 

25 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Gordon 

Smith

Halkett

Popescu

Garrucio 

Haring

Irving

Roberts

Ginnelly 

Boyce

Naismith 

Decent 11 

Then 

Berra

Lee

Damour

Frear

Wightin

Walker

Smith

Hamilton

Like the look of the changes this far. Obviously too early to judge but RN is doing well changing the squad. 

I think a lot of people on this forum will order a takeaway and as soon as they've ordered it will write it off as shite before they've even tasted it. Let's give players a chance before we get critical 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, bazman said:

I think a lot of people on this forum will order a takeaway and as soon as they've ordered it will write it off as shite before they've even tasted it. Let's give players a chance before we get critical 

Most of these players have had a chance and been wank.