dazajmbo

Hearts transfer window (Popescu signs)

HoGwash
9 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

Err, not sure how to break this to you but it is actually 'wunderKIND'!

Sorry, I notice stuff like this.

Like people who say 'tender hooks' instead of 'tenterhooks'.

People who say 'damp squid' instead of 'damp squib'.

And the one that really boils my piss, people who use adverbs like 'very' and 'really' before the word 'unique'.

Also don't get me started on the word 'decimate'!

You must love 'chomping at the bit' 😀

John Rambo

'Panties bunched' is a new one on me. Sounds like a 70's Brian Rix farce.

From memory, Popescu looked decent so will be a good addition.

Should stroll the diddy league....however I've said that about players before and been spectacularly wrong.

colinmaroon
7 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

And the one that really boils my piss, people who use adverbs like 'very' and 'really' before the word 'unique'.

Ah, a fellow sufferer!

The overuse of the word "very" in such situations rips my Granny's knitting but also, its overuse in our language in general, e.g. "very painful;" where it should really be the likes of "extremely" painful.

Jim Panzee
16 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

you could 'of', or should 'of included more examples that you've seen 'off of' the internet :) 

John Rambo
6 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

I do love this one if only for the 'Brendan' moment.

When Suarez was serving his ban for gnawing at Evra, Brendan answered a question by saying Suarez was ' champing at the bit' to get back playing.

You couldn't make it up!

John Rambo
4 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Ah, a fellow sufferer!

The overuse of the word "very" in such situations rips my Granny's knitting but also, its overuse in our language in general, e.g. "very painful;" where it should really be the likes of "extremely" painful.

Always the little things........

BackOfTheNet
31 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Steady on... menstruation in... 5... 4...

Thing is, there's nothing happen just now, or we would be hearing about it. Conversations about new players will inevitably dovetail with the merits of former players and the changing quality of a team over the years. That's all that's happening here. I think Dazo must want a thread to be a list of links to newspaper articles and lists. Oh... and his whining...

This thread is full of pointless conversations. But I’d rather talk about past signings and how supporters tried their best not to support them than talk about hypothetical signings like Cummings or Halliday that people inexplicably want to talk about, despite there being zero efforts from any parties to make such things happen. Only things happening at the moment is Hickey leaving (sometime in the next decade) but that has its own thread, and the possibility of Popescu coming in but no one really has a strong recollection of what he was like and the minimal info there is has been discussed. And there’s no one coming on with cryptic initials or Instagram posts so what are we meant to do?

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Rogue Daddy
26 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

🤣🤣🤣... for me it's people who say 'deffenn-ettlay' instead of definitely. It's usually a pundit or footballer!

Stendel'sGorgieArmy

What's the deal with Hickey? Why hasn't it been announced that he's signed despite his goodbye Instagram thing and the shit with the flag at the hotel? 

fancy a brew
6 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

Always the little things........

The little thing that I find annoying is when people don't know an ellipsis only has 3 dots...

:whistling:

BackOfTheNet
31 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

Oh I have a few pet hates. Had a lecturer once that failed to instil confidence when he kept saying “EX-setera” when etc is short for etcetera which is pronounced “ET-setera”. But he wasn’t alone, every bugger does it, no matter how high a position they hold or how much they earn.

PhoenixHearts
12 hours ago, Cruyff said:

The majority of them were good footballers. 

I always thought wee Audrey Ksanavicius was a bit of a player. 

Loved him in quadrophenia.

wavydavy
7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Oh I have a few pet hates. Had a lecturer once that failed to instil confidence when he kept saying “EX-setera” when etc is short for etcetera which is pronounced “ET-setera”. But he wasn’t alone, every bugger does it, no matter how high a position they hold or how much they earn.

A bit like when I ask for an Espresso Coffee and the server says Expresso which is totally different and they don't seem to get it.

Pasquale for King
52 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

Bit unfair about Robbie .. I read a bit where Rudi said it was playing in front of Robbie that enabled him to play the way he did , as Robbie swept up his defensive responsibilities.  Robbie has his technical weaknesses but he grafted.

Sorry but Rudi hardly played in front of Neilson, he was rarely on the right. 
Even Neilsons biggest fan, I’m not he was hopeless, can in their wildest dreams not admit that playing in front of and with Takis Fysass can compare to linking up with Neilson ffs 🙈

gov

So is it just a cb and cm we seem to be really focusing on just now?

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, gov said:

Striker at end of the month if we have cash left 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

🤣🤣🤣... for me it's people who say 'deffenn-ettlay' instead of definitely. It's usually a pundit or footballer!

Weegies usually. The term that Billy Dodds invented “in the end UP” abs repeated by football types is the one that gets my goat. 

Beast Boy
3 minutes ago, gov said:

that was what Neilson said in an interview recently. Also that would look at the striker position if there was something available, but it wasn't his priority right now. Not long after he was interviewed again, and he was ringing the praises of Craig Whighton in training - "central role" was the term he used.

Edited by Beast Boy

davemclaren
37 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

That’s a ‘mute‘ point. 

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Ah, a fellow sufferer!

Or the Glasgow use of Very, Very instead of another word as you say. 

Beast Boy
46 minutes ago, ramrod said:

This 

Another thread that's been taken over by crashing bores gibbering shite . 

At the risk of fanning the flames further... was this intentional? :lol:

gov
3 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

that was what Neilson said in an interview recently. Also that would look at the striker position if there was something available, but it wasn't his priority right now. Not long after he was interviewed again, and he was ringing the praises of Craig Whighton in training - "central role" was the term he used.

Banderson has said the deal for the cb is 90% done. Terms agreed just awaiting confirmation so he can fly across. Will have to quarantine for 2 weeks though when he arrives by the sound of it. I can't say I remember watching him but I do remember the name. Interesting to see if haring is up to speed and if that will be our cm pairing by time the season starts

Nookie Bear
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sorry but Rudi hardly played in front of Neilson, he was rarely on the right. 
Even Neilsons biggest fan, I’m not he was hopeless, can in their wildest dreams not admit that playing in front of and with Takis Fysass can compare to linking up with Neilson ffs 🙈

Let's just take a moment to savour the memory of that Takis/Rudi combo on the wing :wub:

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Bring it on. St Mirren are raging. 

Beast Boy
2 minutes ago, gov said:

Banderson has said the deal for the cb is 90% done. Terms agreed just awaiting confirmation so he can fly across. Will have to quarantine for 2 weeks though when he arrives by the sound of it. I can't say I remember watching him but I do remember the name. Interesting to see if haring is up to speed and if that will be our cm pairing by time the season starts

Have to say, I'm a wee bit concerned about what that means for Irving, and Cochrane too actually, I suppose. If Lee and damour are staying, add in Haring and a new CM... That doesn't suggest a lot of game time for those two.

jambocub
Just now, Beast Boy said:

Have to say, I'm a wee bit concerned about what that means for Irving, and Cochrane too actually, I suppose. If Lee and damour are staying, add in Haring and a new CM... That doesn't suggest a lot of game time for those two.

They'll just have to do what all player's should do and force their way in the team by putting in the effort in training and taking the chance when given it

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Is this a joke?  Or are they really raging, and if so, why???

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Let's just take a moment to savour the memory of that Takis/Rudi combo on the wing :wub:

Best combo ever on that side probably.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Horatio Caine said:

He was a good player for them, a cult hero who scored the last penalty in the playoff that kept them up. 

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Why?

Beast Boy
Just now, jambocub said:

They'll just have to do what all player's should do and force their way in the team by putting in the effort in training and taking the chance when given it

Yes, of course. If they are not loaned out, then you would think that is definitely the plan. Does feel like another CM added to that group starts to get a bit crowded though.

HoGwash
12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That’s a ‘mute‘ point. 

I'm saying nothing.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, gov said:

He’s a centre half 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔?

Beast Boy
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Why?

Because they are from Paisley, I would imagine.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

It doesn’t mean anything he’s a centre half. 

Beast Boy
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

He’s a centre half 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔?

I assumed he was talking about the new CM that Robbie said we were hoping to bring in.

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

He was a good player for them, a cult hero who scored the last penalty in the playoff that kept them up. 

Pity pity.  I feel for them...:whistling: but surely it's not as if they were trying to sign him, so wtf?

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, gov said:

3 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

I assumed he was talking about the new CM that Robbie said we were hoping to bring in.

Popescu is who he is on about. 

7DD5ECBA-AE34-4E75-A62C-BB8B29962836.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

Ainsley Harriott

Reckon he wont be announced until tomorrow. Next flight Bucherest to Edinburgh doesn't land until almost 10pm tonight 

Batistuta87
4 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Why?

Because he's their Jimmy Dunne. They had him on loan a couple of seasons back and he was a bit of a standout. A lot of the Twitter feeds talking about us signing him are full of St Mirren fans raging that they aren't trying to sign him.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

Pity pity.  I feel for them...:whistling: but surely it's not as if they were trying to sign him, so wtf?

They tried but his agent was looking g for too much money, that they could pay obviously. Delusions of grandeur I think. Take your medicine etc, or we could loan him to them if they’re struggling again 🙈

Horatio Caine
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They tried but his agent was looking g for too much money, that they could pay obviously. Delusions of grandeur I think. Take your medicine etc, or we could loan him to them if they’re struggling again 🙈

They've no need to be raging with us.  We dug them out of a hole, or have they forgotten?

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

They've no need to be raging with us.  We dug them out of a hole, or have they forgotten?

They really despise us, probably for calling them out on their performance in 86 and their Celtic leanings in general. I would really love us to take Obika off them by signing him on a pre-contract in January. 

John Rambo
46 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

The little thing that I find annoying is when people don't know an ellipsis only has 3 dots...

:whistling:

Strictly speaking it could be 4 ... or perhaps one just wants to trail off into the distance and use as many..........as one wishes........just a bad habit I guess..........

Back on topic, I read the Popescu deal is nearly 'over the line'.

Not keen on this phrase either and why does the transfer window always 'slam shut'?

There must be a draught or should that be draft?

Gav M

I take it we're heading back off down the "damp squid" rabbit hole again??

Stendelnator

Is Popescu Romanian for Baily Cargill? Or was that just utter nonsense?

Nookie Bear
22 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Because he's their Jimmy Dunne. They had him on loan a couple of seasons back and he was a bit of a standout. A lot of the Twitter feeds talking about us signing him are full of St Mirren fans raging that they aren't trying to sign him.

Ah right 👍

Shame :)

Hearts1975
23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If we sign him we could then offer him on loan immediately to Goodwin ... just for say one day 

On the condition that he has to wear his Hearts top whilst in Paisley 

Now that would be classy 🤣

Jim Panzee
16 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

Strictly speaking it could be 4 ... or perhaps one just wants to trail off into the distance and use as many..........as one wishes........just a bad habit I guess..........

Back on topic, I read the Popescu deal is nearly 'over the line'.

Not keen on this phrase either and why does the transfer window always 'slam shut'?

There must be a draught or should that be draft?

transfer window 'slamming!' shut sounds more dramatic than it simply ending. over the years it's helped Sky Sports spawn another cheap offering with it's jim white thing.