Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So only Walker who has really played a number of games. Not sure if training twice a week with some tinpot outfit prepares them for day to day life as a footballer, that’s the job of folk like Rankin. 

Robbie Neilson had a stint out on loan when he was younger, did him no harm. Same as Jamie macdonald. 

I think the tangent you are off on is not the same I was making with my point. 

We wont learn as much from young players by playing them in meaningless friendlies. 

A young player going to train and play with a part time side may be an eye opener for a kid with a head full of dreams thinking they've made it by signing a pro contract. Could possibly make or break. Also a poor loan spell could make them screw the nut and knuckle down like a Lewis Moore for example. 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Gorgie Boot boy
33 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

Same here ... I like Leeroy doesnt lack confidence and attitude and has an engine. Tranent to Brechin is some commute though

Maybe Hearts are testing his character as well though, that in itself is a good sign. Send the lad to the Scottish football league hell, Brechin. Take him out of his comfort zone. Looking at it in a non childish way, i get it. Tough league will give him life lessons skills and of course being watched by Us. Hearts obviously rate him, if it is done to test him. Giving him the chance to play games he has to earn the right to be in.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

Gorgie Boot boy
40 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The Hearts board don't give a flying feck about what the Hearts fans think. 

Hearts fans don't give a **** what the board thinks either. Massive issue there as both should give a ****

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Borders Jambo said:

Do you both really believe this?

I think everyone agrees that the CL era ended badly and a mess for reasons that have been covered in inordinate detail

My views are that AB has sorted out a lot at the Club and deserves our respect, 

That doesn't mean I agree with every decision made but I think there are a lot of good things at our club that are positive and that Robbie will sort out the football side.

I know you are both entitled to your opinion and I completely respect that, as I hope you respect mine.  I just find sometimes the negative spin put on everything, particularly when we are all Jambos.

I think if you look at the response to the general feelings of the fans, from Levein to the grudge we have against the SPFL and clubs like St Mirren and now the STs it seems our wishes are ignored and we are taken for granted. 
Our present situation, and that of the world in general is not that positive and until we start winning games on a regular basis I don’t blame anyone for being negative. Being lumped in with the bigots that Budge rightly banned, and has only scratched the surface with to be honest, is insulting in the extreme, and possibly the worst thing he’s ever called me, we’ve had a few disagreements let’s say. 
I’m just a moany ******* who wants and unfortunately demands the best at every step of and for our club, no matter how unrealistic, childish, petty, vindictive or just plainly absurd it may seem.  

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

Robbie Neilson had a stint out on loan when he was younger, did him no harm. Same as Jamie macdonald. 

I think the tangent you are off on is not the same I was making with my point. 

We wont learn as much from young players by playing them in meaningless friendlies. 

A young player going to train and play with a part time side may be an eye opener for a kid with a head full of dreams thinking they've made it by signing a pro contract. Could possibly make or break. Also a poor loan spell could make them screw the nut and knuckle down like a Lewis Moore for example. 

Indeed, those two were extremely limited. I also did say that loaning out these youngsters to teams that tried to help us would be my preference, you’re not telling me none of the 6 wouldn't want the 6-8 players we look to loan out every season, especially at this point in time. Not many teams loan out players to teams in the league above them. Is Hickey not on loan? 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Hearts fans don't give a **** what the board thinks either. Massive issue there as both should give a ****

Not sure about that, I think most of us cared about their continual support for that useless ***** Levein as he wasted  millions of our money on duds and put us  in this current predicament, losing more millions. 

Gorgie Boot boy
13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’ve contacted the club by phone and email about no hand rails in the lower section of the main stand, for the first three games it was terrifying watching folk try to get up and down. I had no reply. 
My nephew got onto them about serious misbehaviour of some sort, again no reply. If you’re willing to give them cash, as I did once from my work I was in the office the next day meeting Anne Park. 
The point is the fans must be listened too, as any business it relies on its customers, ours more than most at this time especially. If this kind of thing keeps happening the FoH will come under pressure to exert more influence or change its structure to allow this. 

The one time i ever tried to make a complaint was to do with the toilet in the Old Leitch stand, i had slipped on the floor and covered in pish. So i went to complain and was told to **** off. 40 years ago. Not the first or last time i fell in pish right enough.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not sure about that, I think most of us cared about their continual support for that useless ***** Levein as he wasted  millions of our money on duds and put us  in this current predicament, losing more millions. 

We care about our club, we do not care what the board thinks as they do not seem to care what we think. Along those lines.

32 minutes ago, Rods said:

Any chat on who the trialist is?

Youngster from Lithuania, on trial. Led to believe he’s been over several times the last few years.

1 minute ago, Takis51 said:

Youngster from Lithuania, on trial. Led to believe he’s been over several times the last few years.

Ukrainian, max is all that anyone knows name wise

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Takis51 said:

Max is the name I have been given as well. 

I have watched Max play last year, he is across here regular. I  am sure watched him in a few sides with Leeroy. He is a gem.

3 minutes ago, Takis51 said:

Max is the name I have been given as well. 

seemingly really highly regarded. I'm sure there was a poster on here had seen him when he was over training/playing with one of the youth teams previously.

Edited by Gav M

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

The one time i ever tried to make a complaint was to do with the toilet in the Old Leitch stand, i had slipped on the floor and covered in pish. So i went to complain and was told to **** off. 40 years ago. Not the first or last time i fell in pish right enough.

Oops.

11 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

We care about our club, we do not care what the board thinks as they do not seem to care what we think. Along those lines.

It costs us what they think though, but yeah it doesn’t seem like they give two hoots what we think, just keep the money coming.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Oops.

It costs us what they think though, but yeah it doesn’t seem like they give two hoots what we think, just keep the money coming.

Football starts in 8 minutes.

It now begins a new era.

Mon The Hearts .

23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed, those two were extremely limited. I also did say that loaning out these youngsters to teams that tried to help us would be my preference, you’re not telling me none of the 6 wouldn't want the 6-8 players we look to loan out every season, especially at this point in time. Not many teams loan out players to teams in the league above them. Is Hickey not on loan? 

My question was what if those 6 or 7 teams don't want or need them. Every team will be on the look out to cover different positions. 

I'm not sure on the relevance of your last sentence about loaning to teams above them. Not really something I was questioning. 

Probably best to leave it as you asked for examples and I've given you a few. The point about how many games they've gone on to play is not something that was being questioned but it's about finding out more about the individual and being able to suss out whether they have a future at our level. 

Guest ToqueJambo
40 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’ve contacted the club by phone and email about no hand rails in the lower section of the main stand, for the first three games it was terrifying watching folk try to get up and down. I had no reply. 
My nephew got onto them about serious misbehaviour of some sort, again no reply. If you’re willing to give them cash, as I did once from my work I was in the office the next day meeting Anne Park. 
The point is the fans must be listened too, as any business it relies on its customers, ours more than most at this time especially. If this kind of thing keeps happening the FoH will come under pressure to exert more influence or change its structure to allow this. 

I've never had a reply any time I've complained to the club, the last being an issue with something I bought online so I had to go in to try to sort it. Still not sorted. It's true that I dropped it much quicker than I would have if I was dealing with any old shop or brand. In that way,  football clubs probably do take their "customers" for granted but then we're not really typical "customers".

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I got that, might’ve been better to say  it though, especially when you’re talking about the most overpopulated are in Scotland and third in the U.K.  Thankfully it’s inhabitants don’t support them in any great number, making your comparison even less relevant.

As for going to the Bar and it’s only restaurant those two don’t really reflect the true nature of the area. 
I think it’s your sense of humour that needs a tweak, it’s 2020 and if you hadn’t noticed jokes about people from other places are simply unacceptable. 

You just are not seeing the point. I was aiming at the hibbies not an immigrant group. My reply regarding the restaurant and bar was replying to your statement implying I hadn't been in Gorgie in a while. I think I'm a lot older than you and therefore i dont need your advice on what I should and shouldn't do. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, iwasthere1954 said:

You just are not seeing the point. I was aiming at the hibbies not an immigrant group. My reply regarding the restaurant and bar was replying to your statement implying I hadn't been in Gorgie in a while. I think I'm a lot older than you and therefore i dont need your advice on what I should and shouldn't do. 

As I said you should’ve said they were maybe Hibbies, age means nothing, I take advice from younger folk on these subjects as they have their finger on the pulse. I live in Gorgie for instance. But that’s up to you obviously. 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

My question was what if those 6 or 7 teams don't want or need them. Every team will be on the look out to cover different positions. 

I'm not sure on the relevance of your last sentence about loaning to teams above them. Not really something I was questioning. 

Probably best to leave it as you asked for examples and I've given you a few. The point about how many games they've gone on to play is not something that was being questioned but it's about finding out more about the individual and being able to suss out whether they have a future at our level. 

My point is that those 6 or 7 will want our players on loan. 
My point was we’ve loaned players to clubs in a league above us, bigger clubs with King to Rangers, and better leagues with Bologna. Teams want our players. 
The examples you gave were a good few years ago, loanees these days are usually sent out to a level they’re suited to and for those clubs to possibly buy them. 

4 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

About time we re-established our link with Lithuania - been through a lot together and neither party's fault that Vlad screwed us both over

he's not Lithuanian, he's ukranian I'm afraid

12 minutes ago, Gav M said:

he's not Lithuanian, he's ukranian I'm afraid

Nevertheless the point stands. Maybe a wee scolarship for a player 17-20 age group sponsored by the fans to show that Vlad created that link and we appreciate that, but for their acceptance of Ann's offer, we'd be playing in the Lowland League

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Nevertheless the point stands. Maybe a wee scolarship for a player 17-20 age group sponsored by the fans to show that Vlad created that link and we appreciate that, but for their acceptance of Ann's offer, we'd be playing in the Lowland League

Considering the way Scottish Football welcomed them I wouldn’t be surprised if they refused. 
Loved the headline when they found out Billy McNeill’s grandparents moved here from Lithuania and his mum was born there, making him half Lithuanian 😆

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

My point is that those 6 or 7 will want our players on loan. 
My point was we’ve loaned players to clubs in a league above us, bigger clubs with King to Rangers, and better leagues with Bologna. Teams want our players. 
The examples you gave were a good few years ago, loanees these days are usually sent out to a level they’re suited to and for those clubs to possibly buy them. 

Very presumptuous that those clubs will want the players we want to put out. 

It doesn't matter if we've loaned players to bigger or better teams. King went to Rangers in the championship so you could argue we were the bigger club. 

Regardless of your point, it's stupid to limit how many clubs we deal with. I get the fans boycotting away games but the club should not cut itself off. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

Very presumptuous that those clubs will want the players we want to put out. 

It doesn't matter if we've loaned players to bigger or better teams. King went to Rangers in the championship so you could argue we were the bigger club. 

Regardless of your point, it's stupid to limit how many clubs we deal with. I get the fans boycotting away games but the club should not cut itself off. 

As I’ve says there’s plenty of others, do you think Celtic worry about cutting Hibs umbilical cord after McGinn went South. Time to act like a big club, not Norman nae mates looking for a pal in the playground 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

As I’ve says there’s plenty of others, do you think Celtic worry about cutting Hibs umbilical cord after McGinn went South. Time to act like a big club, not Norman nae mates looking for a pal in the playground 

We can act like a big club once things are back to normal and we're back in the top league. 

2 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Maybe Hearts are testing his character as well though, that in itself is a good sign. Send the lad to the Scottish football league hell, Brechin. Take him out of his comfort zone. Looking at it in a non childish way, i get it. Tough league will give him life lessons skills and of course being watched by Us. Hearts obviously rate him, if it is done to test him. Giving him the chance to play games he has to earn the right to be in.

Possibly right .. he was previously loaned out to clubs at Junior Level (Tranent Juniors I think) and he learned how to handle himself and how to leave a foot in.

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Disco Ball said:

Possibly right .. he was previously loaned out to clubs at Junior Level (Tranent Juniors I think) and he learned how to handle himself and how to leave a foot in.

Brechin though is about as tough as it gets, so maybe that is key to it all. I hope it isn't anything to do with building bridges, we all know what route that goes on.

jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Robbie's interview tonight and he spoke to folk at St. Mirren about Popescu and they highly recommend him.

also confirmed he is looking for a midfielder.

I'm not as anti-Damour as others however if we could free up his wage to add a quality CM it could transform our team.

Suspect there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes to try to find a club for him and also White (given we.'re bringing in a LB).

Gorgie Boot boy
22 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

also confirmed he is looking for a midfielder.

LB RB CM  STRIKER.

Phil D. Corners
7 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

I'm not as anti-Damour as others however if we could free up his wage to add a quality CM it could transform our team.

Suspect there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes to try to find a club for him and also White (given we.'re bringing in a LB).

Noticed Irving got the nod ahead of last night. 

Or he’s injured. 

10 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Noticed Irving got the nod ahead of last night. 

Or he’s injured. 

There's another friendly today I think so white damour etc will play in that

I think Aidy White might be for the chop...as it stands we don't need a left back but we're actively after one, and yesterday's line up was as close to first choice as he could get.

If Damour doesn't play today and he's not injured, he will be off aswell. Who the hell will take them I have no idea.

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I think Aidy White might be for the chop...as it stands we don't need a left back but we're actively after one, and yesterday's line up was as close to first choice as he could get.

If Damour doesn't play today and he's not injured, he will be off aswell. Who the hell will take them I have no idea.

Not sure you can take too much from last nights line up. The problem, as you say, is getting teams to offer contracts to the players he doesn’t want. I’m sure Robbie made his mind up a while ago about who he wants shot of. 

11 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

LB RB CM  STRIKER.

I really hope Robbie isn't choking up the pathways for any promising kids. 

Leo Watson seems to be quoted as a highly promising youngster, but assuming Robbie makes another LB signing then we'll have 3 senior LBs (2 of which are extremely underwhelming) blocking the progress of a youngster. We're going to be playing a league down, so there really isn't much need in investing so heavily in LB when White and Garuccio are sufficient for where we are and Watson could come in when needed for experience.

And he’s not praying!
23 minutes ago, EarnockJambo said:

"No comment" from Andy Halliday when asked if he was in talks with us.

Apologies but where was this asked? Off the ball?

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

200.gif

😂😂

He'd be a good signing for us, him halliday and Haring is a good mix. 

Gorgie Boot boy
48 minutes ago, OTT said:

I really hope Robbie isn't choking up the pathways for any promising kids. 

Leo Watson seems to be quoted as a highly promising youngster, but assuming Robbie makes another LB signing then we'll have 3 senior LBs (2 of which are extremely underwhelming) blocking the progress of a youngster. We're going to be playing a league down, so there really isn't much need in investing so heavily in LB when White and Garuccio are sufficient for where we are and Watson could come in when needed for experience.

I agree we need to take a deeper look into our talent base.

56 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

A game today? Thought the next friendly was Tuesday?

people have said we are playing spartans today, probably with a more youth squad team rather than first teamers