Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

26 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

Err, not sure how to break this to you but it is actually 'wunderKIND'!

Sorry, I notice stuff like this.

Like people who say 'tender hooks' instead of 'tenterhooks'.

People who say 'damp squid' instead of 'damp squib'.

And the one that really boils my piss, people who use adverbs like 'very' and 'really' before the word 'unique'.

Also don't get me started on the word 'decimate'!

🤣🤣🤣... for me it's people who say 'deffenn-ettlay' instead of definitely. It's usually a pundit or footballer!

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Stendel'sGorgieArmy

What's the deal with Hickey? Why hasn't it been announced that he's signed despite his goodbye Instagram thing and the shit with the flag at the hotel? 

31 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

Err, not sure how to break this to you but it is actually 'wunderKIND'!

Sorry, I notice stuff like this.

Like people who say 'tender hooks' instead of 'tenterhooks'.

People who say 'damp squid' instead of 'damp squib'.

And the one that really boils my piss, people who use adverbs like 'very' and 'really' before the word 'unique'.

Also don't get me started on the word 'decimate'!

Oh I have a few pet hates. Had a lecturer once that failed to instil confidence when he kept saying “EX-setera” when etc is short for etcetera which is pronounced “ET-setera”. But he wasn’t alone, every bugger does it, no matter how high a position they hold or how much they earn.

12 hours ago, Cruyff said:

The majority of them were good footballers. 

I always thought wee Audrey Ksanavicius was a bit of a player. 

Loved him in quadrophenia.

7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Oh I have a few pet hates. Had a lecturer once that failed to instil confidence when he kept saying “EX-setera” when etc is short for etcetera which is pronounced “ET-setera”. But he wasn’t alone, every bugger does it, no matter how high a position they hold or how much they earn.

A bit like when I ask for an Espresso Coffee and the server says Expresso which is totally different and they don't seem to get it.

Pasquale for King
52 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

Bit unfair about Robbie .. I read a bit where Rudi said it was playing in front of Robbie that enabled him to play the way he did , as Robbie swept up his defensive responsibilities.  Robbie has his technical weaknesses but he grafted.

Sorry but Rudi hardly played in front of Neilson, he was rarely on the right. 
Even Neilsons biggest fan, I’m not he was hopeless, can in their wildest dreams not admit that playing in front of and with Takis Fysass can compare to linking up with Neilson ffs 🙈

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, gov said:

So is it just a cb and cm we seem to be really focusing on just now?

Striker at end of the month if we have cash left 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

🤣🤣🤣... for me it's people who say 'deffenn-ettlay' instead of definitely. It's usually a pundit or footballer!

Weegies usually. The term that Billy Dodds invented “in the end UP” abs repeated by football types is the one that gets my goat. 

3 minutes ago, gov said:

So is it just a cb and cm we seem to be really focusing on just now?

that was what Neilson said in an interview recently. Also that would look at the striker position if there was something available, but it wasn't his priority right now. Not long after he was interviewed again, and he was ringing the praises of Craig Whighton in training - "central role" was the term he used.

Edited by Beast Boy

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Ah, a fellow sufferer!

The overuse of the word "very" in such situations rips my Granny's knitting but also, its overuse in our language in general, e.g. "very painful;" where it should really be the likes of "extremely" painful.

Or the Glasgow use of Very, Very instead of another word as you say. 

46 minutes ago, ramrod said:

This 

Another thread that's been taken over by crashing bores gibbering shite . 

At the risk of fanning the flames further... was this intentional? :lol:

3 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

that was what Neilson said in an interview recently. Also that would look at the striker position if there was something available, but it wasn't his priority right now. Not long after he was interviewed again, and he was ringing the praises of Craig Whighton in training - "central role" was the term he used.

Banderson has said the deal for the cb is 90% done. Terms agreed just awaiting confirmation so he can fly across. Will have to quarantine for 2 weeks though when he arrives by the sound of it. I can't say I remember watching him but I do remember the name. Interesting to see if haring is up to speed and if that will be our cm pairing by time the season starts

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sorry but Rudi hardly played in front of Neilson, he was rarely on the right. 
Even Neilsons biggest fan, I’m not he was hopeless, can in their wildest dreams not admit that playing in front of and with Takis Fysass can compare to linking up with Neilson ffs 🙈

Let's just take a moment to savour the memory of that Takis/Rudi combo on the wing :wub:

2 minutes ago, gov said:

Banderson has said the deal for the cb is 90% done. Terms agreed just awaiting confirmation so he can fly across. Will have to quarantine for 2 weeks though when he arrives by the sound of it. I can't say I remember watching him but I do remember the name. Interesting to see if haring is up to speed and if that will be our cm pairing by time the season starts

Have to say, I'm a wee bit concerned about what that means for Irving, and Cochrane too actually, I suppose. If Lee and damour are staying, add in Haring and a new CM... That doesn't suggest a lot of game time for those two.

Just now, Beast Boy said:

Have to say, I'm a wee bit concerned about what that means for Irving, and Cochrane too actually, I suppose. If Lee and damour are staying, add in Haring and a new CM... That doesn't suggest a lot of game time for those two.

They'll just have to do what all player's should do and force their way in the team by putting in the effort in training and taking the chance when given it

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Bring it on. St Mirren are raging. 

Is this a joke?  Or are they really raging, and if so, why???

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Let's just take a moment to savour the memory of that Takis/Rudi combo on the wing :wub:

Best combo ever on that side probably.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Horatio Caine said:

He was a good player for them, a cult hero who scored the last penalty in the playoff that kept them up. 

Just now, jambocub said:

They'll just have to do what all player's should do and force their way in the team by putting in the effort in training and taking the chance when given it

Yes, of course. If they are not loaned out, then you would think that is definitely the plan. Does feel like another CM added to that group starts to get a bit crowded though.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, gov said:

He’s a centre half 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔?

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

It doesn’t mean anything he’s a centre half. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

He’s a centre half 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔?

I assumed he was talking about the new CM that Robbie said we were hoping to bring in.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

He was a good player for them, a cult hero who scored the last penalty in the playoff that kept them up. 

Pity pity.  I feel for them...:whistling: but surely it's not as if they were trying to sign him, so wtf?

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, gov said:

3 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

I assumed he was talking about the new CM that Robbie said we were hoping to bring in.

Popescu is who he is on about. 

7DD5ECBA-AE34-4E75-A62C-BB8B29962836.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

4 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Why?

Because he's their Jimmy Dunne. They had him on loan a couple of seasons back and he was a bit of a standout. A lot of the Twitter feeds talking about us signing him are full of St Mirren fans raging that they aren't trying to sign him.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

Pity pity.  I feel for them...:whistling: but surely it's not as if they were trying to sign him, so wtf?

They tried but his agent was looking g for too much money, that they could pay obviously. Delusions of grandeur I think. Take your medicine etc, or we could loan him to them if they’re struggling again 🙈

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They tried but his agent was looking g for too much money, that they could pay obviously. Delusions of grandeur I think. Take your medicine etc, or we could loan him to them if they’re struggling again 🙈

They've no need to be raging with us.  We dug them out of a hole, or have they forgotten?

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

They've no need to be raging with us.  We dug them out of a hole, or have they forgotten?

They really despise us, probably for calling them out on their performance in 86 and their Celtic leanings in general. I would really love us to take Obika off them by signing him on a pre-contract in January. 

46 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

The little thing that I find annoying is when people don't know an ellipsis only has 3 dots...

:whistling:

Strictly speaking it could be 4 ... or perhaps one just wants to trail off into the distance and use as many..........as one wishes........just a bad habit I guess..........

Back on topic, I read the Popescu deal is nearly 'over the line'.

Not keen on this phrase either and why does the transfer window always 'slam shut'?

There must be a draught or should that be draft?

22 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Because he's their Jimmy Dunne. They had him on loan a couple of seasons back and he was a bit of a standout. A lot of the Twitter feeds talking about us signing him are full of St Mirren fans raging that they aren't trying to sign him.

Ah right 👍

Shame :)

23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If we sign him we could then offer him on loan immediately to Goodwin ... just for say one day 

On the condition that he has to wear his Hearts top whilst in Paisley 

Now that would be classy 🤣

16 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

Strictly speaking it could be 4 ... or perhaps one just wants to trail off into the distance and use as many..........as one wishes........just a bad habit I guess..........

Back on topic, I read the Popescu deal is nearly 'over the line'.

Not keen on this phrase either and why does the transfer window always 'slam shut'?

There must be a draught or should that be draft?

transfer window 'slamming!' shut sounds more dramatic than it simply ending. over the years it's helped Sky Sports spawn another cheap offering with it's jim white thing.

highlandjambo3
37 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Reckon he wont be announced until tomorrow. Next flight Bucherest to Edinburgh doesn't land until almost 10pm tonight 

I take it our undercover taxi sniper will be there with an update so long as the following restrictions are implemented:

1.  Maintaining social distancing       (new one)

2.  No shaking hands or autographs  (new one)

3.  No shouting or selfies (new one)

4.  Hiding in a nearby bush whilst wearing a mask (normal practice 😂)

Edited by highlandjambo3

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

If we sign him we could then offer him on loan immediately to Goodwin ... just for say one day 

On the condition that he has to wear his Hearts top whilst in Paisley 

Now that would be classy 🤣

A ****ing hazmat suit more like 😜

Haringshairband
19 minutes ago, Gav M said:

I take it we're heading back off down the "damp squid" rabbit hole again??

Fecking hope not. Just read a page and a half of utter tripe.

2 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I take it our undercover taxi sniper will be there with an update so long as the following restrictions are implemented:

1.  Maintaining social distancing       (new one)

2.  No shaking hands or autographs  (new one)

3.  No shouting or selfies (new one)

4.  Hiding in a nearby bush whilst wearing a mask (normal practice 😂)

Oh no - I remember the last time we had a JKB agent lurking at the airport eagerly awaiting the arrival of a new signing.

That went well...

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Oh no - I remember the last time we had a JKB agent lurking at the airport eagerly awaiting the arrival of a new signing.

That went well...

Ended up being for a press conference for Czech airways