Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

vlad on the tyne

Think Smith's been a consistent performer wherever he's been deployed. An experienced head/voice on the pitch but if he did decide to leave I don't think it's leaving a massive hole. 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Wilson played about 15 first team games. Hickey's an outstanding talent and we should value him accordingly. Makes no difference where we are in the league.

If that rumour is correct. We are getting good money for Hickey. 

Back of a fag packet but, 

Initial fee - £1million

Potential fee - £2million

Loan back fee - £100k

Loan back wages - £800k

Potential Sell percentage if sold for the same fee paid by City (30% on £2million) - £600k

Meshino loan fee - £100k

Meshino loan wages - £400k 

Total - £4million 

If he's any good, we might get a fair bit more. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

If that rumour is correct. We are getting good money for Hickey. 

Back of a fag packet but, 

Initial fee - £1million

Potential fee - £2million

Loan back fee - £100k

Loan back wages - £800k

Potential Sell percentage if sold for the same fee paid by City (30% on £2million) - £600k

Meshino loan fee - £100k

Meshino loan wages - £400k 

Total - £4million 

If he's any good, we might get a fair bit more. 

That's more like it!

Absolute Scenes

Danny Wilson is absolute dog turd and I was so happy he left. He would be a huge step backwards

4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Based on the evidence that he's our and Scotland's best young prospect and that 2m is pennies to Man City. Liverpool paid 2-5m for 19 year old Danny Wilson after a handful of games. Bayern paid 15m for 17 year old Alphonso Davies from a Mickey Mouse league. We need to value our young players higher.

scotlands best young prospect is billy gilmour

Edited by milky_26

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

scotlands best young prospect is charlie gilmour

Is he Billy's brother?

jamboinglasgow
On 03/07/2020 at 21:30, dazajmbo said:

Aaron Hickey will almost certainly  join Manchester City in a permanent deal this window, with the option of loaning back for upto 18 months. The payment from Man City will be in installments and will include a 31% sell on clause to Hearts. Hearts will not pay any percent of his wage if he does return on loan. A left winger is also being looked at on loan from City.

Colin Doyle to leave soon. 

Interest in John Souttar from Aston Villa, John McGinn has suggested that he is considered.

Michael Smith is in the thoughts of several english championship sides, aswell as Rangers.

Sam Nicholson desperate to come back to Hearts but has interest from Bristol City & Aberdeen.

Robbie has earmarked 6 current players he would like to move on, and is in discussion regarding a player from dunfermline and a loan signing from Arsenal. 

3 ex players are currently out of contract and have offered to come back for little or no wages until January. 

Keen on a central midfielder who is at Motherwell. 

Bored on a Saturday night, I looked on Transfermarkt, the left wingers at Man City are (if they have dual nationality, I put both in and also anything interesting about them:)

Liam Smith - 16 year old Scot

Samuel Edozie - 17 year old English/Nigerian

Morgan Rogers - 17 year old English

Marlos Moreno - 23 year old Colombian - Colombian international

Thomas Agyepong - 23 year old Ghanaian - Was on loan at Hibs

Aminu Mohammed - 19 year old Ghanaian

Jayden Braaf - 19 year old Dutch/Suriname

Keyendrah Simmonds - 19 year old English  

10 hours ago, OTT said:

Don't really see right back as a hugely important position. Y'know, in the same vein as having a good keeper, striker, CB pairing is. I think it speaks volumes that Rangers would rather sign a 31 year old RB than give a youngster a shot playing 2nd fiddle to Tavernier. 

Eh?

Not getting the first sentence at all.

On 03/07/2020 at 21:40, dazajmbo said:

I think the player might be Liam Polworth (personal thought)

This is who sprung to mind immediately for me as well. Open Goal called this one last week, wondering why teams didn't come in for him because he is class.

PauloSergio
31 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Bored on a Saturday night, I looked on Transfermarkt, the left wingers at Man City are (if they have dual nationality, I put both in and also anything interesting about them:)

Liam Smith - 16 year old Scot

Samuel Edozie - 17 year old English/Nigerian

Morgan Rogers - 17 year old English

Marlos Moreno - 23 year old Colombian - Colombian international

Thomas Agyepong - 23 year old Ghanaian - Was on loan at Hibs

Aminu Mohammed - 19 year old Ghanaian

Jayden Braaf - 19 year old Dutch/Suriname

Keyendrah Simmonds - 19 year old English  

I’d rule out Jayden Braaf as he is getting interest on a permanent deal elsewhere

On 03/07/2020 at 23:52, gnasher75 said:

3 ex-players out of contract who want to come back.

A few possibilities.

Clevd Dikomama  

Oli Bozanic

Alim Ozturk

Kyle Lafferty

Dario Zanatta

Billy King

Sam Nicholson

Jamie MacDonald

Osman Sow is another. If I had to guess Nicholson and Dikomona or Bozanic are the others

48 minutes ago, jake said:

Eh?

Not getting the first sentence at all.

I'm saying that you can get by with a weaker full back compared to goalkeeper or centrebacks (as we found out!). Basically that its a less essential position than those two. If you have a crap goalkeeper it shows, but a crap full back can get bailed out by a good keeper or CB.

Aaron Hickey will almost certainly  join Manchester City in a permanent deal this window, with the option of loaning back for upto 18 months. The payment from Man City will be in installments and will include a 31% sell on clause to Hearts. Hearts will not pay any percent of his wage if he does return on loan. A left winger is also being looked at on loan from City.

Interest in John Souttar from Aston Villa, John McGinn has suggested that he is considered.

Michael Smith is in the thoughts of several english championship sides, aswell as Rangers.

Sam Nicholson desperate to come back to Hearts but has interest from Bristol City & Aberdeen.

Robbie has earmarked 6 current players he would like to move on, and is in discussion regarding a player from dunfermline and a loan signing from Arsenal. 

3 ex players are currently out of contract and have offered to come back for little or no wages until January. 

I would be happy with all of that except Souttar leaving. Nesbitt would be a good signing. 6 leaving I guess would be Zlamal, White, Damour and Berra with any from Washington, Uche and Garuccio

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, milky_26 said:

scotlands best young prospect is billy gilmour

I meant in Scotland. Gilmour does look the business. Shame him and Hickey will probably have to wait until they're 21 or something to be properly integrated into the full Scotland squad.

Phil D. Corners

Not sure if this has been asked before, but I assume the outcome of the court case would have a big impact on our signings. 

@dazajmbo Do you know what the club are planning... championship, premiership, or no idea? 

What we decide to do about Berra, will be the interesting one. He had an absolutely dire season last term in the Premiership with us. He then went on to stroll the Championship. If we assume we are in the Championship next season, then I could see him being one of our best performers again. A combination of a strong confident keeper, weaker opposition, and an extended rest coupled with a Neilson pre-season could see a bit of a rebirth for him.

Phil D. Corners
5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

What we decide to do about Berra, will be the interesting one. He had an absolutely dire season last term in the Premiership with us. He then went on to stroll the Championship. If we assume we are in the Championship next season, then I could see him being one of our best performers again. A combination of a strong confident keeper, weaker opposition, and an extended rest coupled with a Neilson pre-season could see a bit of a rebirth for him.

We need to play to his strengths and cover his weaknesses. I think Berra will play apart. 

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

If in championship, Berra will be able to end his hearts career playing his part in returning hearts to the top league. Head held high -  he deserves this. Will also help bring other players on. Definitely a win win. If we stay in premiership, probably won’t see him play. 

11 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

If in championship, Berra will be able to end his hearts career playing his part in returning hearts to the top league. Head held high -  he deserves this. Will also help bring other players on. Definitely a win win. If we stay in premiership, probably won’t see him play. 

I know it’s probably very unlikely we will be in the Premiership, but... could he be a revelation after having sufficient time to recover from his injury, a thorough Neilson pre-season, and better players behind, in front and beside him? Maybe not of course, but I’m not totally ruling it out. 🤷‍♂️

21 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s much slower than those two though, he will have obviously get better as he learns the game at CH (having been a striker) and won’t be playing such a high line. He has a fair way to go though to be at the level we need in the top league anyway. 

I think Halkett will be fine. Just needs to play in a settled back 4 or 3. I’ve heard he’s been training  hard and now on a new eating plan.....he’s down to 1 munchy box for 4 instead of his usual 2 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I think Halkett will be fine. Just needs to play in a settled back 4 or 3. I’ve heard he’s been training  hard and now on a new eating plan.....he’s down to 1 munchy box for 4 instead of his usual 2 

Me too, lockdown goals 💪🏿.

Gulf Jambo
46 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

IMO would give Osman Sow a chance. 

RN is best placed on whether my thoughts are misplaced or not.

Robbie barely played then released him last season so highly doubt it. 

Injuries seem to have caught up with him unfortunately

bobskeldon
7 hours ago, Phil D. Corners said:

We need to play to his strengths and cover his weaknesses. I think Berra will play apart. 

If we are playing with the ball from the back, Berra can’t do it! He is still fantastic at defending the 6 yard box but that’s simply not enough. 

Batistuta87

Good deal if we get £1.5M+, back on loan with no wages for 18m, and a sell on fee. Would be delighted with that to be honest. 

Not surprised RE Doyle. Good that we've been able to help him out this last wee while with everything that's happened with his family but we can't sustain it forever. We don't need him as a player, so him coming back to training etc would be pointless. Time for him to move on. 

Souttar might be worth just selling. He's had some really good spells with us but he's not made himself irreplaceable. Especially not this last season. Clearly he doesn't click with Halkett, so might be time for a Plan B especially if someone is willing to give us £2M or something for him. 

Would take Nicholson back in a heartbeat, but only if his attitude has improved. He left us as a cocky wee boy with a lot to learn. 

If there's as many as six that we're actively looking to move on, I would suggest (and thinking about who I haven't seen on social media in the new kit / new training gear...): Damour, White, Zlamal, Burns, Wighton, Doyle. If the six doesn't include Doyle then I can't think of a sixth that I would be trying to get rid of. 

Players from Dunfermline could be Nisbet (striker), Lee Ashcroft (centre back) or Ryan Scully (keeper). They all had a good season for Dunf, so would actually take them all. £ + Wighton for Nisbet could be worth a try.

Loans from Arsenal... Would assume it's an Academy player and I don't know a lot about them so couldnt offer any kind of guess! 

3 OOC's could be anyone. Would be surprised if Dikamona isn't one of them. Boz has been in the press saying he's coming back to the UK so suppose he could be another. Don't know who else but could extend to the likes of Lafferty etc.

Motherwell centre mid - they're very strong in that position so in all honesty I would take any one of Campbell, Donnelly, O'Hara, Polworth,(assuming it's not Turnbull 😏). Young Semple looks to have some potential too, so could be him but think he's more of a winger isn't he?... 

Always like a dazajambo post. Keep em coming mate. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Batistuta87
15 hours ago, PauloSergio said:

I’d rule out Jayden Braaf as he is getting interest on a permanent deal elsewhere

Looks like some player so would be an absolute coup if we got him. City see him as Leroy Sane's eventual replacement. Surely be better teams than us willing to take him on loan though.

1 minute ago, Rods said:

Getting Nesbitt would be good no matter what league we are in 

Hmm, I watched the highlights of his goals for Dunfermline and I can't say I'm convinced. 

Fort Vallance

Aston Villa aren't going to part with a big fee for Souttar at this stage. A full injury free season maybe and that's unlikely.

Guest ToqueJambo

I don't see a striker as a priority, especially if we have to pay money for him. We have Boyce, Naismith, Uche, Wighton and Washington on our books. Even assuming a couple of them will leave that's more than enough firepower for the Championship or the Premiership.

We really need a winger, creative midfielder, DM and a CB though (depending on how Haring and Souttar's injuries are looking)

Edited by ToqueJambo

Berra than you
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I don't see a striker as a priority, especially if we have to pay money for him. We have Boyce, Naismith, Uche, Wighton and Washington on our books. Even assuming a couple of them will leave that's more than enough firepower for the Championship or the Premiership.

We really need a winger, creative midfielder, DM and a CB though (depending on how Haring and Souttar's injuries are looking)

I would be guessing if we are interested in a striker then Wighton and Washington would be off. Probably uche aswell. Given a chance to get rid or sell whoever we wanted then I would only keep Boyce and Naismith for the championship, but shifting players could be an issue.  If none of them leave though I agree, wouldn't be looking for a striker. Agree a winger/creative mid are our most pressing concerns though 

Agentjambo
15 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

I would be guessing if we are interested in a striker then Wighton and Washington would be off. Probably uche aswell. Given a chance to get rid or sell whoever we wanted then I would only keep Boyce and Naismith for the championship, but shifting players could be an issue.  If none of them leave though I agree, wouldn't be looking for a striker. Agree a winger/creative mid are our most pressing concerns though 

Wighton possibly going other way in Nesbitt deal.

33 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Aston Villa aren't going to part with a big fee for Souttar at this stage. A full injury free season maybe and that's unlikely.

Do you think he’s good enough anyway?  Just asking your opinion, not being wide.

Personally don’t think he is.  

TyphoonJambo
10 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Wighton possibly going other way in Nesbitt deal.

Id feel proper guilty doing that deal

30 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Id feel proper guilty doing that deal

Same. I think Dunfermline might be getting the better deal. 

45 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

John Souttar to Aston Villa.......

Micheal Smith to Rangers......

Just nonsense.

Got to agree with the Souttar bit at least, canr imagine anyone paying money for him with injuries !!

52 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

John Souttar to Aston Villa.......

Micheal Smith to Rangers......

Just nonsense.

Souttar will need to prove his fitness playing for Hearts before anybody will pay money for him. I really hope he can get back to his best but I think he'll be struggling after a serious hip injury and 2 snapped Achilles.

8 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Got to agree with the Souttar bit at least, canr imagine anyone paying money for him with injuries !!

Smith to Rangers is every bit as unlikely imo. He just doesn’t fit in with their signing policy. They’re going for younger players with potential sell-on value.

MS would be a hanging about like a spare for the vast majority of his contract.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
43 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I wouldn’t pay anymore than 1.5-2m for Souttar.

Nice to have that sort of loose change right enough 

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Nice to have that sort of loose change right enough 

:laugh:

For an English Championship team that's pocket change for a squad player. I don't think he's good enough for the top end of that league like some people think. 

He's not aggressive enough and too injury prone. I actually agree with people who say he could be with us for the rest of his career if he doesn't get over the injuries.