Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Danny Wilson... just no.

Agree totally

absolute huddy and worse than Berra 

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Agree totally

absolute huddy and worse than Berra 

Agreed.

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Danny Wilson... just no.

Dont think I could take another season of long diagional balls from defence that go no where. Always felt sorry for Ozturk who would make short passes to midfield only for it to go to Danny and he lumps it up.

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, Barack said:

We've a Scottish Cup to play for. (Not including this season's.) And an LC...?

*Assuming we're in the Championship, then we need a team to pull Hibs' pants down, batter the likes of Ayr & Dundee on a weekly basis, and remain competitive in the 2021/22 Cups.

Gordon

Berra

*Nicholson?

Added to what we've got so far, and probably one or three others still to come in...I think we will quite easily.

We really will

Boyce, Naismith, Clare, Walker will all stroll it. 

At the back, Halkett, Berra with Gordon in gk will stroll it. 

Still be able to batter a few prems teams as well when required. 

38 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I asked it last week, and someone said that he still had a year left on his contract.

👍 

9 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Danny Wilson... just no.

9 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Nicholson I’d definitely take.

Agreed. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bozanic was better in the top flight for us than Gomis was. 

Prince was ok, even after promotion. 

Gomis and pallardo struggled badly in the top flight. 

Anyway, point stands our transfers may be limited more than normal this window.

Hmm, Gomis played a fair number of games in the first half of the first season in the premier league where we finished 3rd. Bozanic struggled to get a game for us when we are sitting bottom of the league. Not sure how you can say Bozanic was better in the top flight for us than Gomis. 

Me too, but I'd be amazed if Dunne is chapping at the bit to join a second teir Scottish  club for a fraction of his previous earnings and move country during a pandemic. 

Maybe he'll be limited in his offers tho, would be a great signing for us. 

Shame (for us) he ignited his one-year extension clause at Burnley. :( I know what you mean about us being in the Championship, it could be an issue for some players. Dunne would've been a great signing, a three year deal or something. It's only one year in the Championship and he's still young. Still think he would've at least gave it some thought. He'll know we were relegated through the corrupted corridors of power illegally and that might've made a difference. Oh well, we move on.

(Might get him on a free next season ;))

Tommy Brown
33 minutes ago, Barack said:

We've a Scottish Cup to play for. (Not including this season's.) And an LC...?

*Assuming we're in the Championship, then we need a team to pull Hibs' pants down, batter the likes of Ayr & Dundee on a weekly basis, and remain competitive in the 2021/22 Cups.

Gordon

Berra

*Nicholson?

Added to what we've got so far, and probably one or three others still to come in...I think we will quite easily.

And to trust the powers not to rig us away at parkhead in the first draws.

Bad Religion

Bozanic should not be in our plans no mater which league we’re playing in. Not good enough. 

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Crazy idea but how about we sign players who ain’t been here before. Might work

Sounds risky to me, at least with boys like Jimmy Sandison you know what you're getting :lol:

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

How about we just sign good players, and don’t get hung up and whether they’ve played for hearts before or not

28 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Dont think I could take another season of long diagional balls from defence that go no where. Always felt sorry for Ozturk who would make short passes to midfield only for it to go to Danny and he lumps it up.

Between that and the sand wedge in to the stand that was supposed to go along the byline. There’s better out there.

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

How about we just sign good players, and don’t get hung up and whether they’ve played for hearts before or not

Works for me. Not sure it’ll catch on though

Some players won't come because of the league but then on the flip side its a chance at a league medal which for most players is a once in a lifetime situation 

9 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

With Berra and Walker already here, an ex-player/manager back, Gordon back, talk of Nicholson, Lafferty, Rossi, Wilson and others mentioned....yes, let's look ahead now instead of backwards. Gordon for a coaching role eventually, fair enough but we need a fresh impetus. Time to maybe speculate to accumulate. We need to get back to what we did under JJ in the 90s. We used to do well with some of the best players in Scotland at other clubs, Cameron, McCann, Hamilton, Hartley later etc. I'd be looking at Nisbet, Shankland and others in Scotland before Aberdeen and Hibs start sniffing around. If our scouting system is any good at all i'd expect Hearts to be looking at these guys with a view to potential sell-on for good money and not just being lazy and looking back to the past.

Салатные палочки
3 minutes ago, jambonian said:

With Berra and Walker already here, an ex-player/manager back, Gordon back, talk of Nicholson, Lafferty, Rossi, Wilson and others mentioned....yes, let's look ahead now instead of backwards. Gordon for a coaching role eventually, fair enough but we need a fresh impetus. Time to maybe speculate to accumulate. We need to get back to what we did under JJ in the 90s. We used to do well with some of the best players in Scotland at other clubs, Cameron, McCann, Hamilton, Hartley later etc. I'd be looking at Nisbet, Shankland and others in Scotland before Aberdeen and Hibs start sniffing around. If our scouting system is any good at all i'd expect Hearts to be looking at these guys with a view to potential sell-on for good money and not just being lazy and looking back to the past.

Shankland we have no chance, especially now. 

hearts 4 the cup
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bozanic was better in the top flight for us than Gomis was. 

Prince was ok, even after promotion. 

Gomis and pallardo struggled badly in the top flight. 

Anyway, point stands our transfers may be limited more than normal this window.

what a nonsense. Gomis was far more effective than Prince in both divisions. Played such an important role for the team and how Neilson set us up. Quality player for us

AlimOzturk

People are really seriously scoffing at the idea of bringing Sam Nicholson back?

Always rated him. Now he is more experienced with his prime years still to come. FFS, who are we meant to be signing? 

Kinda glad Nielson is here now. What ever league we are in Nicholson will be a great signing imo

Edited by AlimOzturk

4 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Maybe not but, money talks.

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, hearts 4 the cup said:

what a nonsense. Gomis was far more effective than Prince in both divisions. Played such an important role for the team and how Neilson set us up. Quality player for us

brilliant in the championship. Felt he struggled with the pace and intensity of top league to take us to the level we needed to be at. Mitigating factors with what was going on with his Dad but wasn’t overly fussed when he left.

We replaced him with same standard and worse.

Midloth_Iain
31 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Just spoke to Walter Kidd in the street, says he's fit enough if Robbie wants to take a chance .......

Thought Police
30 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Our record in recent years though means we end up with Donis and Marcel Langer

9 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Because we're talking DU to arbitration?

We took Neilson from them, never say never.

I just said it twice. 🧐

7 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Our record in recent years though means we end up with Donis and Marcel Langer

Boyce might be ok though and I think Sibbick could’ve done well. If it wasn’t for bad luck we’d have none at all. I mean, why couldn’t it have been Langer and Avdijaj who got injured rather than the other two. 

Famous 1874

Yes and no. 

For a start, Bozanic was a top 6 player for us. 

I'd like a few short term deals of known quality to to give us the best chance to go up, that along with the spine of the time and the youngsters should be more enough. 

Sam and Gordon fit that bill. 

Bozanic would as well. 

We can then attempt to build a top 3 team on promotion , no need for a middle step imo. 

The problem we wil have is attracting players of a top 3 or 6 quality right now with out over paying for them, when promoted that would be easier and cheaper so unfortunately we need to think a little short term as our longer term goals are out of our reach atm. 

Ofc, if we win anywhere near £8m we can go SMG money or Vlad Stylee bonkers. 

Bozanic was not a top 6 player mate. He is championship standard if that. Screamer against Hibs and that’s it. 

1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

I would take Sibbick back if that was possible 

Unlikely mate - he seemingly only came to us because Daniel was here.

Gulf Jambo

Realistic targets could be:

Murray Wallace - CB (Hearts Fan too) 

Callum Brittain - RB  

Alex Gogic - DM/CB

Andrew Shinnie - CM

Ethan Hamilton - CM

Steven Lawless - AM

Scott Fraser - AM

Rob Hall- LM

In discussion with a Russian international. Its an ambitious one and probably not going to happen but we have asked the question. 

5 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

In discussion with a Russian international. Its an ambitious one and probably not going to happen but we have asked the question. 

🤣🤣🤣 behave I am one of the folk who are grateful for your info and believe in what you say but this is wooly even for me !!

Edited by steve123

8 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

In the championship ?  Does budge know something we don’t about arbitration. Would love it if it’s overturned but not sure I see it

6 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Are you sure your source didn't say we're rushing for an international?

August Landmesser
9 minutes ago, kila said:

Are you sure your source didn't say we're rushing for an international?

It's a player from Moscow.

East Ayrshire Juniors...

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Nicholson is a really underwhelming signing. 

I don't like how we've played it. Building up a guy that hasn't done much in America. But if he's fit then he's a decent player whatever league were in

Rick Sanchez

Was he not another one who left because of the abuse he was getting? Aberdeen were after Nicholson not long ago. I'm sure he'll be coming back a more experienced player. 

More than we need for the Championship and a push for Europe the following year.

34 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Current international? And what position?

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

We need wingers so Sam fits the bill. Imagine we need more people to leave first

we need wingers who can put a decent cross in. 

Phil D. Corners

Happy if Sam comes back, but I can’t believe we are signing anyone until we know which league we are in. 

Are we signing them on championship wages or Premiership wages?

rip van tinkle
1 minute ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Happy if Sam comes back, but I can’t believe we are signing anyone until we know which league we are in. 

Are we signing them on championship wages or Premiership wages?

We will pay what the player is worth, doesn’t matter what league we are in. I doubt Sam Nicholson will be demanding a big wage 

Phil D. Corners
7 minutes ago, rip van tinkle said:

We will pay what the player is worth, doesn’t matter what league we are in. I doubt Sam Nicholson will be demanding a big wage 

Ultimately true. But good players command good wages. Good wages are funded by playing in premiership. 

BelgeJambo

Anyone think Lewis McLeod a good shout?

At Wigan and them going into admin could be realistic 

Gulf Jambo
51 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Just for fun (seeing as I'm bored) 

A quick look online and taking the International part lightly (can't be current surely) here are some potential players that are out of contract:

Artur Yusupov (30) CM @ Dynamo Moscow

Oleg Shatov (29) LM @ Zenit

Denis Glushakov (33) DM @ Akhmat Grozny

Igor Smolnikov (31) RB @ Zenit

Serder Serderov (26) LM @ Inter Zapresic

Roman Neustadter (32) DM @ Dynamo Moscow

Amazing what lockdown boredom can make feel interesting 😂

24 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

we need wingers who can put a decent cross in. 

Personally I’ve always preferred wide forwards who cut in and take the defence on asking questions of defenders in their box. Like Sam does.

rip van tinkle
13 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Ultimately true. But good players command good wages. Good wages are funded by playing in premiership. 

Absolutely, however it can be assumed that we can easily pay more than the bottom 6 in the Premiership. Even if we do not go straight back up.

If we value Nicholson at 1k a week then that’s it, no matter what league we are in