Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

I noticed in the article after the Raith game Robbie commented on Ross Stewart as coming in as the #2 goal keeper, 1st time I've seen any mention of keeper ranks below Gordon

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

On 18/10/2020 at 16:08, bazman said:

He's been carrying an injury and it's set him back seemingly. Was on his Instagram the other training in the gym. 

Even fully fit I can't see this guy doing anything with us other than trying to see out his contract.

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Even fully fit I can't see this guy doing anything with us other than trying to see out his contract.

Yes and no. I don't seem him playing much however as a footballer you want to play so if he doesn't play it will be due to neilson

2 minutes ago, bazman said:

Yes and no. I don't seem him playing much however as a footballer you want to play so if he doesn't play it will be due to neilson

Might find it difficult to break into the side if we continue our winning ways. FWIW I think he’ll do fine in the championship. 

3 hours ago, bazman said:

I think if he doesn't play it will be because Robbie doesn't rate him and he is not showing the right attitude and desire to play.

Some "Footballers" are not that bothered if they play or not so long as the money is still coming in.

56 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think if he doesn't play it will be because Robbie doesn't rate him and he is not showing the right attitude and desire to play.

Some "Footballers" are not that bothered if they play or not so long as the money is still coming in.

No amour for D'Amour, Davy?

It is bizarre that some one who had a decent 'energetic' season with Cardiff, be so off the pace in Scotland.

Or apparently rated by a task master in Warnock can now be seen as an unprofessional lazy so and so.

29 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I read somewhere that on the ball he's one of the best in training, just turns like a double decker bus and slow AF.

Couldn't quite believe it myself, but he's looked excellent in some of the training videos that have been posted on social media. Quick feet, sharp, skilful... The sort of stuff that was making me think he might be worth giving a 2nd chance. 

Dunno though. Just something about him that I don't like. I hate how he was openly talking about wanting to leave and stuff and about being above us, when he was so utterly pish. 

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

It is bizarre that some one who had a decent 'energetic' season with Cardiff, be so off the pace in Scotland.

Or apparently rated by a task master in Warnock can now be seen as an unprofessional lazy so and so.

Game is too quick for him up here and nothing is going to change that. 

50 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Just comes over as far too dozy on the ball.

2 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Is the game really slower in the English Championship?

2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Just comes over as far too dozy on the ball.

This is exactly his problem. His dithering on the ball cost us three crucial goals in my recollection, that was the difference between being demoted and survival.  

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Walker, Clare and Djoum are three players recently dismissed by some as lazy. It's a lazy accusation really. There has to be more to it with Damour. As others have said the Championship is a very competitive league and Warnock is a very competitive manager. It could be the curse of the long contract when he arrived here. He maybe got too comfy too soon and thought he would stroll it up here, like many much, much better players have especially with the OF. 

Guest ToqueJambo
16 hours ago, wavydavy said:

The Romanov era opened my eyes to that. There definitely are players who just want to make as much money as they can in a short career and are happy to move clubs every year to do it. A long contract is their holy grail. Everyone should read the book about Carlos Kaiser, the Brazilian who conned his way into multiple contracts in Brazil and Europe and never played a game.

13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The Romanov era opened my eyes to that. There definitely are players who just want to make as much money as they can in a short career and are happy to move clubs every year to do it. A long contract is their holy grail. Everyone should read the book about Carlos Kaiser, the Brazilian who conned his way into multiple contracts in Brazil and Europe and never played a game.

Did he not sign for Celtic or am I thinking of someone else like that.

Winston Bogardes 4 years at Chelsea spring to mind. Played only 9 games and got demoted to training with the reserves and then the youth teams to try and force him to ditch his 40k a week contract.

"This world is about money, so when you are offered those millions you take them. Few people will ever earn so many. I am one of the few fortunates who do. I may be one of the worst buys in the history of the Premiership but I don't care."

42 minutes ago, David Black said:

I think the guy I am thinking about was Rafael Sheite. How apt.

I mind they also signed a guy called Oliver Tebily. Just as well they never signed David Weir though. Imagine having a back 3 defence of Weir Tebily Scheite!

17 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I mind they also signed a guy called Oliver Tebily. Just as well they never signed David Weir though. Imagine having a back 3 defence of Weir Tebily Scheite!

Good one.

Diadora Van Basten
On 20/10/2020 at 16:01, BigAlim said:

Winston Bogardes 4 years at Chelsea spring to mind. Played only 9 games and got demoted to training with the reserves and then the youth teams to try and force him to ditch his 40k a week contract.

"This world is about money, so when you are offered those millions you take them. Few people will ever earn so many. I am one of the few fortunates who do. I may be one of the worst buys in the history of the Premiership but I don't care."

Seem to remember him as a pretty decent Dutch international.

1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Was part of the Ajax side that won the Champions League I’m sure. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

He was, played for Milan and Barca. He won quite a few trophies. Not his problem they gave him a ridiculous contract, 12 appearances in 4 years for just under £10m in wages from 30-34. He’s a coach now though, I wonder if he over sees the contracts 😆

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-midfielder-harry-cochrane-joining-league-one-club-loan-3019733?fbclid=IwAR2qelspvum7N01Hzr8-NQws2Wkvt-iBzf3i5Gd9JeyLFTDq1o0ssC02do0

Montrose.  :wow:

The way he’s progressing(or isn’t) is pretty alarming, Christ 2 years ago he had Scott Brown in his back pocket.

2 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-midfielder-harry-cochrane-joining-league-one-club-loan-3019733?fbclid=IwAR2qelspvum7N01Hzr8-NQws2Wkvt-iBzf3i5Gd9JeyLFTDq1o0ssC02do0

The way he’s progressing(or isn’t) is pretty alarming, Christ 2 years ago he had Scott Brown in his back pocket.

You never know he might kick on during his loan. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You never know he might kick on during his loan. 

Hope so, hate to say it but if he wastes this opportunity like he did the Dunfermline one I can’t see him getting many more.

12 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

He has to buckle down and kick on. His Dunfermline loan spell was at best mediocre.  If he wants to have a stellar career in the game it means hard work and application.

I’m thinking Harry is done with Hearts. Just hasn’t developed as we hoped. As the above poster says, he appears to have lived off that game against Celtic.

51 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

From the article it sounds like he'll be training with Montrose one night a week, but training with us for the rest of the time.  

If it helps him get a full season of games under his belt then fair enough, that's what's important for him to show what he can do. 

I just can't see how sending someone to Montrose over the winter, or in fact ever, is ever going to help them gain confidence or improve their mental state, and not just in football! 

11 minutes ago, tian447 said:

From the article it sounds like he'll be training with Montrose one night a week, but training with us for the rest of the time.  

If it helps him get a full season of games under his belt then fair enough, that's what's important for him to show what he can do. 

I just can't see how sending someone to Montrose over the winter, or in fact ever, is ever going to help them gain confidence or improve their mental state, and not just in football! 

Tbh given how outside the top division Covid testing doesn’t seem necessary I’m struggling to get my head around the logic of that. It’s one thing playing these teams in one off games it’s another letting a player constantly go between the two.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

19 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I’m thinking Harry is done with Hearts. Just hasn’t developed as we hoped. As the above poster says, he appears to have lived off that game against Celtic.

Unfortunately I agree, wish him well at Montrose but I don’t think we’ll see him again in a Hearts Jersey.

Brighton Jambo

Sorry to say but I think that’s the last we see of Harry.  He simply isn’t as good as we hoped he would be.  He just hasn’t kicked on.

Look at Hickey, touted for Bayern and now at Bologna.  Bigger clubs know talent when they see it and the fact Harry has had loans spells at Dunfermline, where he didn’t excel, and now Montrose Says it all.  

Isnae half some rubbish being spewed about Cochrane on here.    I'll judge him when he gets back from loan.  From what I have seen so far he's a player and worth sticking with.  If he's not back in first team by this time next year then fine, time to move on.  

Brighton Jambo
On 22/10/2020 at 14:08, Diadora Van Basten said:

I am sure I read as well he was an absolute model pro when running down the four years.  Never late, never absent, training his hardest, great attitude.  Basically so they could have no reason to sack him and claim it was his fault.

I say fair play, if they are stupid enough to I give the contract in the first place I would have done the exact same thing.  

2 hours ago, Deevers said:

He has to buckle down and kick on. His Dunfermline loan spell was at best mediocre.  If he wants to have a stellar career in the game it means hard work and application.

Spot on ... hopefully sorts his head out as he has good skills. I hear his attitude was poor at Dunfermline.  He seems miles away from the player that one of the Milan teams were keeping very close tabs on when he broke through into our first team squad.

Edited by Disco Ball

loveofthegame
2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

The fact he is being offered a new deal suggests Robbie doesn't agree with you and the other posters who are suggesting this. 

The kid is 19. Most players don't really break into the first team until their 20s, he just so happens to have had a few great games at 16/17 which hugely increased the supporters expectations.

In my view he still has every chance, but he absolutely needs to go out and play football right now. Sensible move for all parties.

Jambo in Bathgate
50 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

Spot on ... hopefully sorts his head out as he has good skills. I hear his attitude was poor at Dunfermline.  He seems miles away from the player that one of the Milan teams were keeping very close tabs on when he broke through into our first team squad.

It really is up to him. He has to develop himself now. Hearts have looked after him and given him every chance. However the best footballers have desire and are focused on being the best. I think he has lost his way. You only have to look at Aaron Hickey in comparison. Unfortunately Harry hasn’t matured and moved to that level. A goal against Celtic and a great cross from a free kick against Hibs looks like being the pinnacle of his career the way he’s heading. 

Bazzas right boot

Good luck to him. 

Hopefully he can improve and get consistency and make it with us. 

I got called a few select words previously for suggesting Harry would not feature again after the cup game and wouldn't make it beyond the season at Hearts. I stand by that

Harry has made 31 appearances for Hearts scored once and created two. For a midfield player those stats are very poor. He doesn't effect the game enough. 

3 hours ago, Chaps said:

Offering Irving a new contract should be more of a priority than worrying about Harry who has been living off one good game.

This. 

Irving should be getting tied up on a long term deal.