Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

We didn’t pay players on those terms last year, remember the chat about changing it to what you’ve listed there this summer?

He was signed on a low basic wage with bonus structure due to his past history ..... very publicly expressed at the time and of course as you have internet access easy to find

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

White is something we’ve had far too much of recently. A theoretically good player. All these guys that are theoretically good but turn out to be shite. 

Or as CL called them "Projects".

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

On a (slightly) different note, why do linked Tweets now look like the above, rather than displaying the Tweet in its original format, as used to be the case?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

White is something we’ve had far too much of recently. A theoretically good player. All these guys that are theoretically good but turn out to be shite. 

That's a fair point but imo he is more than fine for the championship and I also think he is better than Ben. 

We have Kingsley, Halliday and white that can all play there, I think we're good to go. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

17 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

He was signed on a low basic wage with bonus structure due to his past history ..... very publicly expressed at the time and of course as you have internet access easy to find

thats what I thought - am sure I'd read this at some point. 

also @Pasquale for King in my previous chat, my angle was more about signing players 1st time with dodgy injury histories. Granted Soutter had some history, but Naismith and Uche when they first arrived? I don't think they were injury prone? White on the other hand was signed still on the road to recovering from an injury - we knew he wouldn't play for weeks /  months after signing for us.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

thats what I thought - am sure I'd read this at some point. 

also @Pasquale for King in my previous chat, my angle was more about signing players 1st time with dodgy injury histories. Granted Soutter had some history, but Naismith and Uche when they first arrived? I don't think they were injury prone? White on the other hand was signed still on the road to recovering from an injury - we knew he wouldn't play for weeks /  months after signing for us.

Naismith has had injury problems at Rangers, Everton and Norwich, and now here. He’s the very definition of injury prone it’s as simple as that. As I said Uche before and after he came has been injured every season he’s played, he had 4 major operations before he came to us. Souttar had an Achilles problem with United, unfortunately he’s done that again twice and had a hip problem. We either didn’t know this or signed them nonetheless, both wrong. White is the latest in a long line of guys who we’ve signed who are injury prone, others have become injury prone whilst here. I’ve high hopes for Kingsley though. 
Here is a good insight into how Naismith feels about his injuries. 
https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1663357/steven-naismith-exclusive-everton-was-the-best-fit-for-me-in-every-respect

Edited by Pasquale for King

2 hours ago, Gimme an H... said:

Precisely.

We could do with signing some proven SPFL level players who know the leagues and are hungry to win and prove themselves.

As much as I hate to say it but every time I see The Shite linked with a player I'm asking myself why we aren't in for him. Now, granted they don't always work out - but either does are recent signing policy...

Knowing what Scottish football is all about is a headstart alot of our recent (Levein) signings didn't have.

It depends on what your hoping to achieve, Hibs are following Aberdeens model which at best gets you 3rd but is an expensive way of achieving that and of course the risk is if you don't get third it's even more expensive. It's also unlikely to get you much back on sell on fees.

This versus the other model (presumably ours) which is take a risk on players add in youths and try to coach them collectively to become a great team. Also hope get you money in the transfer market with these improved players. When our model goes wrong it really goes wrong whereas Aberdeen/Hibs lose money and finish 6th/7th.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Yes and I’ve just wasted five minutes reading various articles that do not back up your claim in any way. It would go against every other deal signed by players in Leveins time, high wage low bonus. But I’m sure you can show me the error of my ways. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes and I’ve just wasted five minutes reading various articles that do not back up your claim in any way. It would go against every other deal signed by players in Leveins time, high wage low bonus. But I’m sure you can show me the error of my ways. 

Easy but time for you to do some work..not my fault if you cannot use the internet

35 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Naismith has had injury problems at Rangers, Everton and Norwich, and now here. He’s the very definition of injury prone it’s as simple as that. As I said Uche before and after he came has been injured every season he’s played, he had 4 major operations before he came to us. Souttar had an Achilles problem with United, unfortunately he’s done that again twice and had a hip problem. We either didn’t know this or signed them nonetheless, both wrong. White is the latest in a long line of guys who we’ve signed who are injury prone, others have become injury prone whilst here. I’ve high hopes for Kingsley though. 
Here is a good insight into how Naismith feels about his injuries. 
https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1663357/steven-naismith-exclusive-everton-was-the-best-fit-for-me-in-every-respect

Cheers PFK - I wasn’t aware SN and UI had that history. I guess CL was willing to take a gamble - which hasn’t paid off for those players bar a few good games.

heres hoping Kingsley will be fine - and even Aida White is transformed!

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

Cheers PFK - I wasn’t aware SN and UI had that history. I guess CL was willing to take a gamble - which hasn’t paid off for those players bar a few good games.

heres hoping Kingsley will be fine - and even Aida White is transformed!

Yeah he loved a gamble, it’s strange that he was so reluctant to do it with tactics on the pitch. 

White has been ok but he should be at this level, I wouldn’t want to have him face Boyle at Hampden though, Kingsley should be fully fit by then 🤞

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Easy but time for you to do some work..not my fault if you cannot use the internet

Yeah I didn’t think you would be able to find it either 👍🏽👏🏾

Gimme an H...
13 hours ago, Rudy T said:

It depends on what your hoping to achieve, Hibs are following Aberdeens model which at best gets you 3rd but is an expensive way of achieving that and of course the risk is if you don't get third it's even more expensive. It's also unlikely to get you much back on sell on fees.

This versus the other model (presumably ours) which is take a risk on players add in youths and try to coach them collectively to become a great team. Also hope get you money in the transfer market with these improved players. When our model goes wrong it really goes wrong whereas Aberdeen/Hibs lose money and finish 6th/7th.

I like to think that if we were to go for The Shite/Aberdeen model we'd fair better than they do because we're Hearts and our club is immeasurably better than theirs. 

If we went for and signed players like John McGinn, Shankland, Niall McGinn, McCrorie (just off the top of my head examples of one's that have worked out) instead of 'risks' we'd undoubtedly be able to challenge the top of the league IMO. 

3 hours ago, bairds93 said:

Ben Garuccio has re-signed for Melbourne City today. Season starts on December 27th.

Patrick Kisnorbo manager there 👍

Good luck to Ben not the worst left back we have had recently and unlucky with the injury. I liked him but with the number of left backs we had was probably better for both that he left. I think Kingsley will be first choice this season and from what I have seen so far I like the look of him. 

10 hours ago, bairds93 said:

Ben Garuccio has re-signed for Melbourne City today. Season starts on December 27th.

I preferred Garuccio to White but maybe this was the easier/cheaper contract to terminate. He did well in his last spell in Melbourne though, and it's a great place to live so I'm sure he'll be happy enough to be moving back home and to be playing regularly. 

SectionFJambo

It makes sense, Garuccio was out of contract in the summer, was never getting a new deal. This lets him get home, quarantine and start the season for them.

I'd be surprised if this has cost us much at all if anything whereas White is going to struggle to play on beyond this contract. 

On 12/10/2020 at 11:50, Uncle Buck said:

Michael Smith is gash now :rofl: 

Isn't he just? 😆

SARCASM ...  👍

Edited by Wee Mikey

Aidy White must be on a shoogly peg, and hopefully we can ease Damour off the payroll soon, and probably Zlamal.

Bring in a striker, and no need to go daft in the next transfer window.

jamboinglasgow
22 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Harry Stone has joined Stirling Albion on loan. They had a keeper crisis similar to St Mirren.

Also Hearts twitter hinting he has signed a new contract

12 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Also Hearts twitter hinting he has signed a new contract

Great move by Robbie &  JJ to offer Harry out on loan ..... and absolutely superb news if he's signing a new contract.    :jambobanana:

SectionFJambo

His comment on twitter makes it sound it was a very emergency loan and just a single game. 

Really needs to be out playing football. Covid probably makes it difficult to loan him out though and keep him training full time safely due to bubbles. Can't see us shifting Zlamal now so third choice covered.

1 hour ago, SectionFJambo said:

His comment on twitter makes it sound it was a very emergency loan and just a single game. 

Really needs to be out playing football. Covid probably makes it difficult to loan him out though and keep him training full time safely due to bubbles. Can't see us shifting Zlamal now so third choice covered.

The reason we signed Stewart was because Stone was injured. It's good he's able to play so soon, maybe they weren't expecting it?

2 minutes ago, kila said:

The reason we signed Stewart was because Stone was injured. It's good he's able to play so soon, maybe they weren't expecting it?

Stone needs to be playing if he's going to be challenging for first team any time soon.  Craig Gordon went on loan for 3 months aswell and it set him up 

Has been an excellent window for hearts. Robbie knew exactly which positions we needed to strengthen in and done exactly that.

Think the only thing we failed to do was move Damour on. I expect Doyle will be loaned out again until the end of his contract and we'll run with Gordon, Stone and Zlamal when Ross Stewart goes back to Livi. Although I wouldn't mind bringing in Stewart permanently as third choice if we managed to shift Zlamal!

1 minute ago, Thomson1874 said:

Has been an excellent window for hearts. Robbie knew exactly which positions we needed to strengthen in and done exactly that.

Think the only thing we failed to do was move Damour on. I expect Doyle will be loaned out again until the end of his contract and we'll run with Gordon, Stone and Zlamal when Ross Stewart goes back to Livi. Although I wouldn't mind bringing in Stewart permanently as third choice if we managed to shift Zlamal!

I’d imagine we will run with Gordon, Stone and Stewart from January. 
Doyle and Booby will leave in January. Contracts  up next summer so agents already working on next steps. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Doyle and Booby will leave in January. Contracts  up next summer so agents already working on next steps. 

Good to hear! I expected Doyle would find another loan deal but wasn't sure if Bobby was going to be a bit stubborn. 

Gordon is the perfect mentor for Stone and Stewart looks like a great third choice on a low wage - looked solid enough against Raith - and has already made more saves than Pereira.

Is anyone itk about Damour?  Is he even training?  Is he busting a gut to contend for a place?

Could it be that he's lost interest in playing altogether and with his long contract, we're his retirement fund?  That's as bad as Butcher and McCoist's gardening leave.

6 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Bobby was out yesterday trying to work on his kicking with gallagher . he'll be hoping his agent's no got it on video it was horrendous

11 hours ago, kila said:

I thought it was a 6 month loan for Stewart?

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, jambocub said:

Bobby was out yesterday trying to work on his kicking with gallagher . he'll be hoping his agent's no got it on video it was horrendous

It’s taken this long to realise he can’t kick the ball 🙈

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I thought it was a 6 month loan for Stewart?

It is, he will go back in January unless it’s extended and/or if we get rid of Zlamal/Doyle. 

19 hours ago, kila said:

Pretty much all happening in line with the plan Neilson outlined for Stone in mid-August

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/robbie-neilson-reveals-long-term-plan-make-hearts-teenager-harry-stone-no1-2944784%3famp

17 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

I'll be very pleasantly surprised if either Doyle or Zlamal leave permanently in January. Feels like people having been suggesting that will happen for several windows now. Given the next contract they sign will probably be on lower terms than their current contracts, I'd expect both to see out their final 6 months, leaving on loan at best. There will be more teams in the market for keepers next summer than in January.

Diadora Van Basten
7 hours ago, steve123 said:

As mentioned above I think Stone needs to be playing, get him out on loan for the rest of the season in preparation for next.

I think you need to be careful with keepers as it’s not a lot of fun if your playing in a team with a rotten defence. It’s actually easier to play in goals at a higher level than a lower level.

12 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Is anyone itk about Damour?  Is he even training?  Is he busting a gut to contend for a place?

Could it be that he's lost interest in playing altogether and with his long contract, we're his retirement fund?  That's as bad as Butcher and McCoist's gardening leave.

He's been carrying an injury and it's set him back seemingly. Was on his Instagram the other training in the gym. 

On 18/10/2020 at 04:13, jambocub said:

Surely the ship has sailed at 33y old or whatever he is? Canny see us coaching out his flaws now! 

20 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I think you need to be careful with keepers as it’s not a lot of fun if your playing in a team with a rotten defence. It’s actually easier to play in goals at a higher level than a lower level.

Keepers need experience of both good and bad defences, the good allow for experience of only being called upon a few times a game which develops concentration, playing behind a poor defence develops other parts of a keepers game, reading when defenders aren't getting there, shot stopping, one on one's, coming for crosses/corners etc

Stone has the physical and technical attributes, what he lacks is experience of playing first team football and the pressure that comes with that, imho the only downside to this loan is that he's not having to deal with the pressure of playing in front of supporters which would have helped steel his mentality for the future 

2 hours ago, RM2607 said:

Surely the ship has sailed at 33y old or whatever he is? Canny see us coaching out his flaws now! 

I don't know maybe he practice's a lot but it's first time I've saw him one on one with his kicking

19 hours ago, jambocub said:

Euch! Gallacher! 

He should've been punted along with the rest of the coaching staff. This is the guy who's "trained" Zlamal, Doyle & Perreira the last wee while. He was a bit-part goalkeeper himself  throughout his career at a number of clubs, how he got the Hearts gig is anyone's guess.

2 hours ago, jambocub said:

I don't know maybe he practice's a lot but it's first time I've saw him one on one with his kicking

Fair enough and good on him for working on it of course - it is good to see him putting in the effort even though he's clearly lost his place in the team, but you'd think that at 33 his ability is what it is and that he's probably not going to get any better.

It just doesn't compute with me when a professional footballer - even a goalkeeper - can't kick a ball accurately. I mean I'm pretty confident that even I could kick a ball from the 6 yard line up to the half way line and land it roughly where I wanted to. And I'm pish.