Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

RedStarRiot
6 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

do you think we can afford Boyce on £6000 a week ?

I think we will and need to try to hold onto our best players. We can't accept anything other than promotion at the first attempt even if that means making a loss this season. Perhaps our benefactor will donate to help the wage bill!

Naismith and Boyce will score for fun in this league and I'm sure Neilson will be well aware of the poor recruitment previously. 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Ask any Hibs or Aberdeen fan and they will say the same. Every club makes signings that don’t work out. And I mean every club. We are no different. In the market we are in, every signing is a risk. For every Haring or Gomis there is a Martin or Avdijaj. 

Liverpool- Andy Carrol £30 million

Man City - John Stones £50 million

Chelsea - kepa- £75 million

Man Utd - Too many to mention 

Signing shit players with no value for money isn’t exclusive to Hearts.

RedStarRiot
2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Ask any Hibs or Aberdeen fan and they will say the same. Every club makes signings that don’t work out. And I mean every club. We are no different. In the market we are in, every signing is a risk. For every Haring or Gomis there is a Martin or Avdijaj. 

Liverpool- Andy Carrol £30 million

Man City - John Stones £50 million

Chelsea - kepa- £75 million

Man Utd - Too many to mention 

Signing shit players with no value for money isn’t exclusive to Hearts.

The issue isn't the occasional dud, it's us doing it on a consistent basis. 

I wonder what the ratio looks like when comparing our awful signing to those we consider a success over the last 5 years.

1 hour ago, wattie exploited said:

its not just about Hickey are you thick ?:vrface:

You gave a specific example which was factually impossible.

That makes me thick. Yup. Fair play.

Your OP is about you, not Hearts. Plenty of space for the post on other threads. Your post isn't all bullshit, it's just as an OP it makes you out to be a wailing cretin of a fool.

That's all.

Leveins Battalion

A team of

Gordon 

Smith

Souttar

Berra

Hickey

Walker

Lee

Haring

Clare

Boyce

Naismith

Should be  challenging at the top end of the Premiership imo.

Shit managers has got us here aswell as some of our signings.

40 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

do you think Jim Jefferys will be in charge  of people leaving and if we are going to hold out for some money  for people like washinton  or uche :rifle:

Think I’ll just wait and see how all of this pans out before wading in. I’m just a bit more optimistic that under Robbie and JJ our recruitment will be much better.

30 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

:rifle:

Pew pew pew.

I want that emoji/emoticon/smiley/whatever to burn in hell, absolutely ****ing hate it. 

1 hour ago, wattie exploited said:

so annoyed that our signing policy has been so shit for the last 3 years we have signed so many shit players on 3 year contracts who are a  absolutely   joke  players   like Malaury Martin ,  Conar Sammon,   Loic Damour  to name just a few

,To make matters  worse  we have lost or let so many players leave and never got any money for them especially our young players through the academy .

Now our best player for years Hickey is going to be leaving us for peanuts  really annoyed    can imagine him being worth 20 million in 3 years time hope we get a percentage if he gets sold on ,also  the fact that we didnt get him signed up over a year ago after the cup final it was plain to see he was going to be a big player :rifle:

What should we have done/offered to make him sign if he (or his father) decides to hold out?

wattie exploited
28 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

I think we will and need to try to hold onto our best players. We can't accept anything other than promotion at the first attempt even if that means making a loss this season. Perhaps our benefactor will donate to help the wage bill!

Naismith and Boyce will score for fun in this league and I'm sure Neilson will be well aware of the poor recruitment previously. 

true  sometimes you have to have a bad time to go on to making the future better and learn from our mistakes from the past :rifle:

2 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

so annoyed that our signing policy has been so shit for the last 3 years we have signed so many shit players on 3 year contracts who are a  absolutely   joke  players   like Malaury Martin ,  Conar Sammon,   Loic Damour  to name just a few

,To make matters  worse  we have lost or let so many players leave and never got any money for them especially our young players through the academy .

Now our best player for years Hickey is going to be leaving us for peanuts  really annoyed    can imagine him being worth 20 million in 3 years time hope we get a percentage if he gets sold on ,also  the fact that we didnt get him signed up over a year ago after the cup final it was plain to see he was going to be a big player :rifle:

Shit is being nice mate.

Dont want to stir up the Levein debate again but theres your answer.

And in a nutshell Grzlak.

An absolute disgrace given our experience over the years of one man running amok.

For all the anger on here about what's happened lately there is a reason beyond all others why we find ourselves in this position.

Really needs to be a minimum return on managerial performance at Hearts.

And to throw more money at the shite we witnessed was fekin criminal.

wattie exploited
12 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

What should we have done/offered to make him sign if he (or his father) decides to hold out?

perhaps offered him enough money ??????   its pretty sad that it has got to this stage where we are going to lose out on a great player :rifle:

Won’t be a popular opinion but is it just me who doesn’t think Hickey is that great? Maybe harsh but it’s all still just potential right now imo. Very composed for his age but lacks that real pace that will take him to a higher level at full back. I think his position will be left sided centre half in the near future. 

For what he brings to the team right now should be replaceable. 

wattie exploited
4 minutes ago, jake said:

Shit is being nice mate.

Dont want to stir up the Levein debate again but theres your answer.

And in a nutshell Grzlak.

An absolute disgrace given our experience over the years of one man running amok.

For all the anger on here about what's happened lately there is a reason beyond all others why we find ourselves in this position.

Really needs to be a minimum return on managerial performance at Hearts.

And to throw more money at the shite we witnessed was fekin criminal.

I wonder how much money we have actually wasted for real in wages the last 3 years :rifle:

It's really not irrelevant this thread.

As we are supposedly fan owned I'd like to se checks and balances concerning what went on.

That our money was squandered when most were aware it was a failure needs looked at.

I've said before minimum return .

Just now, wattie exploited said:

I wonder how much money we have actually wasted for real in wages the last 3 years :rifle:

Unfortunately an awful lot.

SomethingAboutObua

This should be merged with the huge John Murray thread I think. But

1. Hopefully with Neilson back in then the bizarre scatter gun signing policy of the last few years is over. 

2. Neilson's a manager that doesn't need a total rebuild from the current squad unlike the last 3 coaches we've had, thank god.

3. Hopefully Budge and the board step the **** away from the on-pitch side of things and just look after the business things

Lord Beni of Gorgie
51 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

do you think we can afford Boyce on £6000 a week ?

Yeah,  we're loaded 

RedStarRiot
Just now, jake said:

Unfortunately an awful lot.

The vast majority of the wage bill would be considered waste considering the return. Was the target for the season not 3rd or 4th minimum? 

Some of the failures we have at the moment have what looks like a decent pedigree however the attitude just isnt there. We need to know more about the players we are signing, that they have that passion and determination. You can't get that from youtube videos. 

28 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

You gave a specific example which was factually impossible.

That makes me thick. Yup. Fair play.

Your OP is about you, not Hearts. Plenty of space for the post on other threads. Your post isn't all bullshit, it's just as an OP it makes you out to be a wailing cretin of a fool.

That's all

FFS big o' does it really bother you that much? The man had a valid point for discussion. It is separate from other threads, it's a forum, whether it's about him or Hearts what does it matter to you. You don't like it stay out, don't comment. 

wattie exploited
1 minute ago, jake said:

It's really not irrelevant this thread.

As we are supposedly fan owned I'd like to se checks and balances concerning what went on.

That our money was squandered when most were aware it was a failure needs looked at.

I've said before minimum return .

it is irrelevant the amount of money that we have wasted with the FOH and season ticket money that ordinary fans pay in each month then we have the so called academy players who we have let go for no money which is also a disgrace or do you think that this is fine ?   :rifle:

Just now, tightrope said:

FFS big o' does it really bother you that much? The man had a valid point for discussion. It is separate from other threads, it's a forum, whether it's about him or Hearts what does it matter to you. You don't like it stay out, don't comment. 

Agreed.

The threads about you not Hearts is a topper.

1 minute ago, wattie exploited said:

it is irrelevant the amount of money that we have wasted with the FOH and season ticket money that ordinary fans pay in each month then we have the so called academy players who we have let go for no money which is also a disgrace or do you think that this is fine ?   :rifle:

I was agreeing with you.

Must have read me wrong.

7 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

perhaps offered him enough money ??????   its pretty sad that it has got to this stage where we are going to lose out on a great player :rifle:

Aye perhaps.  How much did we offer and how much more should we offer?

It is sad but if we have PERHAPS offered to make him the highest paid player at the club what more should we PERHAPS do?

FWIW I am not sure money is the issue.  If we believe all that we read it seems his old man wants him to sign for Celtic.

wattie exploited
2 minutes ago, tightrope said:

exactly mate  you always get some diddy wanting to argue just for the sake off it he is best left ignored :flag1:

wattie exploited
Just now, JamboAl said:

Aye perhaps.  How much did we offer and how much more should we offer?

It is sad but if we have PERHAPS offered to make him the highest paid player at the club what more should we PERHAPS do?

FWIW I am not sure money is the issue.  If we believe all that we read it seems his old man wants him to sign for Celtic.

hope not to celtic just read he was in italy checking out Bologna ?

wattie exploited
41 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

A team of

Gordon 

Smith

Souttar

Berra

Hickey

Walker

Lee

Haring

Clare

Boyce

Naismith

Should be  challenging at the top end of the Premiership imo.

Shit managers has got us here aswell as some of our signings.

on paper it looks a great team but look were we are Gordon is a great signing 

colinmaroon
2 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

Is it Groundhog Day?

StirlingJambo

We need to invest into decent scouts that can pick a gem then be sold on for decent money. When was the last time that happened? Sow the last player that comes to mind.

3 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

hope not to celtic just read he was in italy checking out Bologna ?

So does everyone else but you're dodging my question.

If money is not the issue, what more should we do?

wattie exploited
1 minute ago, StirlingJambo said:

We need to invest into decent scouts that can pick a gem then be sold on for decent money. When was the last time that happened? Sow the last player that comes to mind.

do you know who our scouts are ?

wattie exploited
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

So does everyone else but you're dodging my question.

If money is not the issue, what more should we do?

not dodging your question if its not money and a chance to play first team football every week  then I don,t know perhaps you can enlighten me :flag1:

StirlingJambo
5 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

do you know who our scouts are ?

John Murray head of recruitment but that’s all I know. Why does that matter anyway? System we use isn’t working so change needs to happen.

wattie exploited
6 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

John Murray head of recruitment but that’s all I know. Why does that matter anyway? System we use isn’t working so change needs to happen.

just wondered as I didnt know as like you said it needs changed in a big way :rifle:

34 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Is Calvin Millar still available?

Yeah had a trial at Amiens but available. There would be a development fee for Celtic 

6 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

not dodging your question if its not money and a chance to play first team football every week  then I don,t know perhaps you can enlighten me :flag1:

It seemed you were criticising when you said

also  the fact that we didnt get him signed up over a year ago after the cup final it was plain to see he was going to be a big player 

Should we have held a gun to his head?

You will find it's not only us who lose young players who suddenly see their future elsewhere eg Billy Gilmour of Rangers going off to Chelsea as did Islam Feruz from Celtic.  I'm afraid it's an occupational hazard.

5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Yeah had a trial at Amiens but available. There would be a development fee for Celtic 

Not sure about that.  Was he offered a contract extension from Celtic?

wattie exploited
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

It seemed you were criticising when you said

also  the fact that we didnt get him signed up over a year ago after the cup final it was plain to see he was going to be a big player 

Should we have held a gun to his head?

You will find it's not only us who lose young players who suddenly see their future elsewhere eg Billy Gilmour of Rangers going off to Chelsea as did Islam Feruz from Celtic.  I'm afraid it's an occupational hazard.

I just want the best for hearts  always have always will so am pretty blinkered in my views lol :rifle:

51 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Can only get better. 

Only time will tell if that's true.  FWIW I hope Aaron makes the right decision for his future but football is such an unpredictable game that he may well end up going to a team where his game time is limited, which will do nothing for his development. Young players need games to keep progressing

53 minutes ago, tightrope said:

Ach I know, I guess it's just boring. We all know. We've all said it. Do we need to again?!

What else would we talk about right now. Maybe a bit uppity cos there's three more months of this shite til we're playing.

Maybe I and others need a Jkb holiday!

Stand by the OP is the squealing snotters of a gomeral but you are right.

57 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

Maybe he knows other clubs want him and he, and his family, will make a lot more money if he is a free agent. Has been offered several chances to sign a deal at good money in our wage range. 

42 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Not sure about that.  Was he offered a contract extension from Celtic?

Celtic waived the development fee in return for the 30% sell-on clause when he moved to us. 

wattie exploited
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Maybe he knows other clubs want him and he, and his family, will make a lot more money if he is a free agent. Has been offered several chances to sign a deal at good money in our wage range. 

I think his dad has a lot to do with him not signing from what I have read but I could be wrong as you cant believe every thing you read now a days just sad that he is going to be a great player and we couldn't hold onto him for another 2 years :rifle:

Folk need to understand that Hickey came from nowhere just over a year ago. It was a master stroke or huge risk from Levein to give him a chance. Levein was just about the only one that saw the potential. At the time Hickey, Smith and Logan were regulars in the Scotland u17 squad. Smith and Logan were first picks, Hickey rarely started. Just one of those things that happen in football. It all happened that quick that it’s no surprise that he, and his old man, decided to defer any contract extensions we offered him. 

4 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

I think his dad has a lot to do with him not signing from what I have read but I could be wrong as you cant believe every thing you read now a days just sad that he is going to be a great player and we couldn't hold onto him for another 2 years :rifle:

He is but he is just doing his best for his son. If I had a 17 year old playing every week for Hibs I’d be holding out for the offer from Hearts, Bayern or City.  Human nature. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Naismith was signed. 

Boyce looks decent especially for Championship. 

Souttar unfortunate with injuries. Clare looks like a prospect. Haring back is a game changer for this squad. 

Craig Gordon should help bring better leadership. 

Recruitment always turns into a the glass half full vs glass half empty barney. We've signed some very good players, just didn't get the best from them last season in particular. And I know some don't like hearing about the injuries but we did have a hell of a lot of bad injuries, mostly to the better players.

Without knowing who is leaving and assuming all fit, you can't be anything but confident with this team for the championship

Gordon

Smith Souttar Halkett Hickey

Walker Haring Lee Moore

Naismith Boyce

Back-up: Zlamal, Brandon, Garrucio, Irving, Clare, Berra, Burns, White, Washington, Uche, Wighton, Henderson, MacDonald, Cochrane, Damour

Almost certainly one or two will leave and a couple of wide players and a defender will arrive, but in general we're in good shape for the weakest Championship ever.

Edited by ToqueJambo

wattie exploited
19 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He is but he is just doing his best for his son. If I had a 17 year old playing every week for Hibs I’d be holding out for the offer from Hearts, Bayern or City.  Human nature. 

if my son was playing for hibs I would disown him lol  but your right he will be doing what he thinks is right for his son :rifle: