Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Captain Canada

We definitely need another striker in my view.

I know we're in the Championship but look at the scoring records of Wighton, Washington and Uche. 

We can't rely on Boyce and an injury prone Naismith to score in every game. If we get rid of Wighton and Uche hopefully we could bring in someone like Hemmings. 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

11 hours ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Jordan Jones told he can leave rangers,probably beyond us at the moment to get him on loan but exactly the type of pacey and creative player we need

Flying south I suspect. Wave byebye. 

11 hours ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Jordan Jones told he can leave rangers,probably beyond us at the moment to get him on loan but exactly the type of pacey and creative player we need

I wonder if that means he's out of contract now or soon. If so then he would be a free signing no? 

9 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Keeper last season was a big reason we went down. Drop him before we did and we probably win a few more points. Stendel is to blame for sticking with him. By far the worst Hearts keeper I have seen and I include Ian Baird and Lee Wallace in that! 

Pretty sure CL agreed in the loan deal to play P for specific number of games.

Adam_the_legend
48 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Before bosman so pretty irrelevant nowadays. 

If we offered that and hibs, Aberdeen, English sides etc offered a larger basic We'd lose out. 

Also, I think we need to be near the top of the top league for that to be attractive enough to tempt players. 

It's the way forward but needs to be introduced gradually. 

Is it not that our high basic model isn’t used by many clubs? So unlikely to be detrimental to our recruitment when competing against those sides. And if you look at our performance over the time we’ve implemented the model it seems obvious why other clubs don’t use it...it doesn’t work!

Samuel Camazzola

Jackson Irvine still unattached. Would be a great signing. Coming from wages at Hull may be a challenge to get him but would give him a good platform to get into Oz World Cup squad. 

Harry Potter
23 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Keeper last season was a big reason we went down. Drop him before we did and we probably win a few more points. Stendel is to blame for sticking with him. By far the worst Hearts keeper I have seen and I include Ian Baird and Lee Wallace in that! 

Never understood Stendel by keeping him in goals.

1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

We had to pay Man United if he didn’t play, something Levein and Budge agreed with United. 

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

We had to pay Man United if he didn’t play, something Levein and Budge agreed with United. 

What a pathetic clause busby, thats just unreal.☹️, the clown cost us so many points.

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

👍👌

3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

If that's correct, in hindsight we finished up paying a lot more by playing him - demotion!

Bazzas right boot
52 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Even more frustrating, after JP was dropped, he'd come out at half time and spend the break doing keepy ups with the ball. Didn't give a **** about improving or trying to get back into the team. Just didn't care in the slightest, he won't go anywhere as a keeper.

Dunno how keepy uppies at ht means that, but he was shite. 

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Is it not that our high basic model isn’t used by many clubs? So unlikely to be detrimental to our recruitment when competing against those sides. And if you look at our performance over the time we’ve implemented the model it seems obvious why other clubs don’t use it...it doesn’t work!

I have no idea the structure of other clubs wages and what % is basic, what % is bonus. 

The overall is easy to see, the make up, I have no idea. 

I'm not sure the wage structure is important as the team balance, the manager, coaches, players personality, form, confidence and ability Tbh. 

It's up for debate tho. 

Aberdeen and hibs underperformed giving their average  wages as well- so unsure their wages make up of bonus and basic worked, we just out shitted them as well. 

Rangers also could be viewed as underperformed. 

Our Wage structure needs reviewed, but imo not as important as other things as I mention above, get them right and we will be on the right path. 

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

17 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Don't think this is 100% true .

CL dropped him a lot. 

He was dropped and man utd waved the fees for him in the end. 

Stendel preferred him as he was better with the ball at his feet, that was obvious. 

Blaming stendel picking jp because he had to as Budge and CL agreed something with man utd is a stretch, even by JKB standards 

Stendel preferred JP over Bobby, it was that simple. 

Adam_the_legend
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

I have no idea the structure of other clubs wages and what % is basic, what % is bonus. 

The overall is easy to see, the make up, I have no idea. 

I'm not sure the wage structure is important as the team balance, the manager, coaches, players personality, form, confidence and ability Tbh. 

It's up for debate tho. 

Aberdeen and hibs underperformed giving their average  wages as well- so unsure their wages make up of bonus and basic worked, we just out shitted them as well. 

Rangers also could be viewed as underperformed. 

Our Wage structure needs reviewed, but imo not as important as other things as I mention above, get them right and we will be on the right path. 

Maybe I’m biased because I work in an industry which is heavily commission led but afaik bonuses in football have long been the standard. It seems we tried something different to the standard and it didn’t work. There has been so many times over the last few years watching Hearts that the players appeared to lack a basic drive and seemed to just be going through the motions. It wouldn’t surprise me If our remuneration model was at least partly responsible for this malaise. Doubt we’ll ever find out one way or another...

3 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Maybe I’m biased because I work in an industry which is heavily commission led but afaik bonuses in football have long been the standard. It seems we tried something different to the standard and it didn’t work. There has been so many times over the last few years watching Hearts that the players appeared to lack a basic drive and seemed to just be going through the motions. It wouldn’t surprise me If our remuneration model was at least partly responsible for this malaise. Doubt we’ll ever find out one way or another...

You could also look at the viewpoint that the players were not exactly inspired by the Manager/Coaches into giving their all.

This is where the Manager should be having a good look at the character of the players he signs and establishing if they are the type that is happy not being in the first team every week and doesn't give their all intraining etcif that is how they are then we shouldn't be signing them.

Man management is so important in football to get the best out of players. Identify the key ones and build the team around them.

It must be difficult and posisbly sometimes confusing for a player to play a different style to their natural instincts way of playing or playing out of position.

The lesson from this is sign the right players for the right positions and play them there injuries permitting.

I don't really know what our wage structure is and how much we pay in basic wage but it strikes me that there is always a bit of an incentive to win if there is a decent bonus to be had.

17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Don't think this is 100% true .

CL dropped him a lot. 

He was dropped and man utd waved the fees for him in the end. 

Stendel preferred him as he was better with the ball at his feet, that was obvious. 

Blaming stendel picking jp because he had to as Budge and CL agreed something with man utd is a stretch, even by JKB standards 

Stendel preferred JP over Bobby, it was that simple. 

Yeah not disagreeing with the fact that he preferred JP due to his footballing ability and probably played him longer than he would’ve if bobby could’ve played with it at his feet. I know for a fact tho that he wanted to drop JP during the run were we had celtic, killie etc and was “advised” against it due to the mounting cost. That’s from Andy Kirk (lives in my street). 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Maybe, but imo drive and energy weren't the problems. It's the JKB favourite that I 100% disagree with. 

Plenty huff and puff, little overall quality or end product was the issue on the pitch which was caused by imo  a cumulation of poor coaching, poor team morale, injuries, confidence and poor Mgt choices. 

I don't think any player went out and thought I'm getting a good basic, the bonus isn't enough to care about so I'll not try today. That is career suicide imo. 

We shouldn't have been bottom no matter the make up of our  pay structure. 

We'll never know as you say tho. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, busby1985 said:

Yeah not disagreeing with the fact that he preferred JP due to his footballing ability and probably played him longer than he would’ve if bobby could’ve played with it at his feet. I know for a fact tho that he wanted to drop JP during the run were we had celtic, killie etc and was “advised” against it due to the mounting cost. That’s from Andy Kirk (lives in my street). 

Maybe, but I don't believe it, if stendel wanted to drop him he would have, and actually did, just taken too long to it as IMO he just preferred JP over Bobby, which for me was obvious. 

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Maybe, but I don't believe it, if stendel wanted to drop him he would have, and actually did, just taken too long to it as IMO he just preferred JP over Bobby, which for me was obvious. 

Yeah am not disagreeing about him preferring JP over bobby. Something ultimately cost him his job. 

Saint Jambo
50 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If you look back you will find threads where people claimed they knew for certain that the loan agreement CL had agreed required JP to play and that was why Stendel wouldn't drop him. Even pointing out that CL had dropped him wouldn't change those posters' minds. Now we have a new line to put the blame on CL rather than Stendel. CL recruited an awful keeper, Stendel carried on playing an awful keeper. Both managers at fault. Happy that the keeper and both managers will be nowhere near Tynecastle next season.

any of those who know the youth teams well surprised by Ritchie leaving? I've heard his name mentioned but don't know much about him

Jordan jones been told he can leave rangers. Would take him. Fast and good on the ball. We need width big time so would love us to go for him.

3 hours ago, TWF said:

Flying south I suspect. Wave byebye. 

Yes, interest from Stoke who are manged by O'Neil the former NI manager which is where Jones is from.

A few Championship sides also interested who can afford his wages better than us.

12 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Only guy who is ITK, Akhmatov is 100% in on trial.

Hopefully he showed up well in the covid testing yesterday

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Dunno how keepy uppies at ht means that, but he was shite. 

If it was me, I'd have them taking shots at me so I could work on shot stopping etc. Show the fans I was trying to improve, fighting for my place. 

Him doing keepy ups pissed me off, he didn't care he wasn't playing. So if that's his attitude, he will go nowhere. That's what I meant 👍

Bazzas right boot
47 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

He was doing them with his hands....

🤣🤣🤣

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

If you look back you will find threads where people claimed they knew for certain that the loan agreement CL had agreed required JP to play and that was why Stendel wouldn't drop him. Even pointing out that CL had dropped him wouldn't change those posters' minds. Now we have a new line to put the blame on CL rather than Stendel. CL recruited an awful keeper, Stendel carried on playing an awful keeper. Both managers at fault. Happy that the keeper and both managers will be nowhere near Tynecastle next season.

Good summary. 

4 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I can see McCulloch being announced today.

Not ITK.

Was  McCulloch manager of Kilmarnock when Jones was there?

Might be a solid connection there, but at the end of the day money talks, and if the likes of Stoke are interested then We have no chance.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Gav M said:

any of those who know the youth teams well surprised by Ritchie leaving? I've heard his name mentioned but don't know much about him

Not a surprise. He was on loan with Lowland League side Cumbernauld Colts last season. I saw him once when they played Bonnyrigg and he didn't have any impact on the game.

The club announced his departure on 1st June.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/player-and-staff-departures

Edited by Footballfirst

Scottie Wanshot.
On 03/07/2020 at 21:37, Walrus said:

Would be gutted if Michael Smith left...especially to Rangers

we must keep Smith.

5 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I can see McCulloch being announced today.

Not ITK.

McCulloch and Jones on the same day would be good business. McCulloch will have an inside track with Jones from their time at Killie. 

58 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Not a surprise. He was on loan with Lowland League side Cumbernauld Colts last season. I saw him once when they played Bonnyrigg and he didn't have any impact on the game.

Sixteen players and two Coaches and we still have a big squad.

At least that lot going will have trimmed the wage bill a fair bit.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

cheers FF, that may have been where I recognised his name from 😂

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

McCulloch and Jones on the same day would be good business. McCulloch will have an inside track with Jones from their time at Killie. 

This is an extract from the Daily Ranger. Did not want to post a link.

A number of Championship clubs, including Middlesbrough, Blackburn and Stoke City, are all interested but they are unlikely to do any early business with their campaigns just finished.

2 hours ago, Gav M said:

A little bit disappointed, I don't think he was getting enough game time in the reserves, so not surprised.  He looked ok ish from what  I saw but I would think he would be replaceable.  Had some graft about him, it says on transfermarket he was a DM. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dean-ritchie/profil/spieler/509248

I would like for him to have made it, shame the likes of Whelan and such like got ahead of him. 

I wonder if Cardiff not getting promotion this season might prompt Warnock to try to buy Paterson for Middlesbrough.

Warnock knows him well and knows he will give 100% and get a few goals.

Pretty sure we have a sell on clause,.

PauloSergio
2 minutes ago, jamborambo said:

I wonder if Cardiff not getting promotion this season might prompt Warnock to try to buy Paterson for Middlesbrough.

Warnock knows him well and knows he will give 100% and get a few goals.

Pretty sure we have a sell on clause,.

Anyone know if we have a sell on clause or not? And if so, how much?

Rick Sanchez
7 minutes ago, PauloSergio said:

15% if I mind right.

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

15% if I mind right.

was it not an odd one like 17% or something, I'm sure I remember wondering how on earth they came up with it at the time.

5 hours ago, JamboAl said:

If that's correct, in hindsight we finished up paying a lot more by playing him - demotion!

Would have been worth paying him not to play!

31 minutes ago, PauloSergio said:

Cant remember how much it was, but Paterson himself insisted on it.