Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

36 minutes ago, Chong said:

Tbf mate, theres no many as polished as them two.

Aye but when we signed them I wasn’t overwhelmed or whelmed at all

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Auld Reekin'
1 hour ago, john thomas said:

There must be 2 Neil McCanns

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZ4p2_rbm2fOanvAzQkIG

I find it very telling about the psyche of our squad when you look at how they got themselves up for 2 games at ER and one against Rangers. Apart from pumping St Mirren those were the only league games we won last season. And we did fine in cup ties too.

Weve too many players who I suspect aren’t here through a pressing desire to be here And the number of times they are actually turning up like a group of professionals has to increase rapidly. 

Needs a clear out we probably can’t afford, more likely a kick up the arse from the likes of Neilson, Jefferies and Locke and hope they react.

aberhill jambo
5 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Damour has something and still has a future in my opinion. But he needs to improve his decision making

Lazy Not fit and Shite

Rick Sanchez
41 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I find it very telling about the psyche of our squad when you look at how they got themselves up for 2 games at ER and one against Rangers. Apart from pumping St Mirren those were the only league games we won last season. And we did fine in cup ties too.

Weve too many players who I suspect aren’t here through a pressing desire to be here And the number of times they are actually turning up like a group of professionals has to increase rapidly. 

Needs a clear out we probably can’t afford, more likely a kick up the arse from the likes of Neilson, Jefferies and Locke and hope they react.

Spot on. Multi year contracts on a high basic wage. I pray we can get rid of them.

Kirky Jambo
6 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Dodged a bullet - referees would card him every week in maroon 

Was thinking that even before I saw we were potentially offering an actual transfer fee.

Looks an extremely limited absolute hatchet man from what I’ve seen

Vlad the impaler

Jordan Jones told he can leave rangers,probably beyond us at the moment to get him on loan but exactly the type of pacey and creative player we need

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I agree, but would also argue we were not outplayed that much. 

We seemed to be on the wrong side of the 50/50's every time and had a number of brain farts, particularly in goals. 

Ever game was like 

Played OK,  mostly us on top even if just a little, then boom, 1-0down.

The games I thought we got outplayed most were rc and Hamilton at home but we drew them. 

The game we were 3-0 down to killie and  losing 2-3 summed us up imo. 

Ok in general play but toothless, bing bang boom, 3-0 down, ended up rallying a bit, got **** all in the end. 

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Strasbourg apparently.

I've always wanted to visit there, I'm a big fan of Alsace wines and cuisine (in that order).  I realise this is completely off topic, so can I just say FTH.

20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I agree, but would also argue we were not outplayed that much. 

We seemed to be on the wrong side of the 50/50's every time and had a number of brain farts, particularly in goals. 

Ever game was like 

Played OK,  mostly us on top even if just a little, then boom, 1-0down.

The games I thought we got outplayed most were rc and Hamilton at home but we drew them. 

The game we were 3-0 down to killie and  losing 2-3 summed us up imo. 

Ok in general play but toothless, bing bang boom, 3-0 down, ended up rallying a bit, got **** all in the end. 

We certainly were, and how many of those close defeats came down to basic mistakes by Pereira, which I assume you are alluding to when you mention brain farts in goals.

I know Bobby has had his moments, but I can't help thinking that if we had him in goals instead of Pereira, we'd have done enough to be on the right side of the line when the league was called.  Still nowhere near acceptable, and still meaning we needed to sign a much better goalie, but we could have avoided the ignominy of being demoted.

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, RobNox said:

We certainly were, and how many of those close defeats came down to basic mistakes by Pereira, which I assume you are alluding to when you mention brain farts in goals.

I know Bobby has had his moments, but I can't help thinking that if we had him in goals instead of Pereira, we'd have done enough to be on the right side of the line when the league was called.  Still nowhere near acceptable, and still meaning we needed to sign a much better goalie, but we could have avoided the ignominy of being demoted.

Yeah, a good number, but even if it wasn't him it was Damour, Berra, Halkett, hickey to name a few. 

Every mistake seemed to lead to a goal it and it happened far too often. 

Frustrating! 

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah, a good number, but even if it wasn't him it was Damour, Berra, Halkett, hickey to name a few. 

Frustrating! 

Defenders etc make mistakes but I think there is a telling stat for number of attempts on goal that were actually converted into goals .

If you know what I mean

This business of basic wage and bonuses intrigues me.  Particularly for a club of our size and potential, I would argue that there should be strong bonus incentives for every game, whether it be against Celtic or Livingston.

I just don't believe a guy on $8,000 per week would try as hard as one on $3,000 with a $5,000 win bonus.

7 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

This business of basic wage and bonuses intrigues me.  Particularly for a club of our size and potential, I would argue that there should be strong bonus incentives for every game, whether it be against Celtic or Livingston.

I just don't believe a guy on $8,000 per week would try as hard as one on $3,000 with a $5,000 win bonus.

Trouble with that is say the league is won by January/February then you are paying $5k win bonuses to players to beat sides in potentially meaningless matches.

Bunny Munro
2 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Trouble with that is say the league is won by January/February then you are paying $5k win bonuses to players to beat sides in potentially meaningless matches.

Surely it's still better than paying them £8k to get relegated.

If Washington and Uche are to leave, will we need to try and bring in one more attacker? Or Boyce Naismith Walker Henderson and Moore be enough? 

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, ceefax said:

If Washington and Uche are to leave, will we need to try and bring in one more attacker? Or Boyce Naismith Walker Henderson and Moore be enough? 

I'd hope we would sign a backup striker if that was the case.

13 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I'd hope we would sign a backup striker if that was the case.

Still got Wighton have we not?

Would Like us to go for Kane Hemings in Contract dispute with Dundee & can maybe walk for free.

Phil D. Corners
6 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Issue is if the basic wage is too low you would never get player to sign. The player would be thinking about injuries etc. 

Rogue Daddy
7 hours ago, RobNox said:

Absolutely this 👆...I actually think we would have been a handful of places higher up the league. The defenders aren’t blameless but, as much as I liked DS’s approach, this was a glaring mistake by him imo. 

hmfc_liam06
39 minutes ago, jamborambo said:

Still got Wighton have we not?

Would Like us to go for Kane Hemings in Contract dispute with Dundee & can maybe walk for free.

Would be a decent option as a third striker. Someone like that ideally, cheap but proven. No point spending big money on someone to mostly come off the bench - Naismith and Boyce are guaranteed starters.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Would be a decent option as a third striker. Someone like that ideally, cheap but proven. No point spending big money on someone to mostly come off the bench - Naismith and Boyce are guaranteed starters.

Weakens Dundee too.

Win-win.

Harry Potter
7 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Defenders etc make mistakes but I think there is a telling stat for number of attempts on goal that were actually converted into goals .

If you know what I mean

Aye we certainly made plenty at the back as for that man u keeper, hopeless.

8 hours ago, RobNox said:

I've always wanted to visit there, I'm a big fan of Alsace wines and cuisine (in that order).  I realise this is completely off topic, so can I just say FTH.

Highly recommend it Rob

the Alsace wine route is great

Rick Sanchez

I think he was digging his heels in but all the wage cuts have been confirmed. I would take Jones, Stewart, Docherty or Halliday. It doesn't make me feel great clamoring for Rangers cast offs, but they'd do a job.

Not just this season but next.

Leveins Battalion
10 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I think he was digging his heels in but all the wage cuts have been confirmed. I would take Jones, Stewart, Docherty or Halliday. It doesn't make me feel great clamoring for Rangers cast offs, but they'd do a job.

Not just this season but next.

100%

28 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

How many games will Naismith be fit for though?

ford donald
7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Wallace Mercer proved the point under his leadership,small basic wage big rolling bonus!

16 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Nicholson had our contract just needed to sign it. Early suggestions indicated he would. 

I did my post in July before any arbitration or any news was actually made clear. Things change and evidently did change

I understand Bristol Rovers upped their  offer .. and we couldnt match it 

5 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

100%

Halliday?

Stewart and Docherty look decent, and Jones can be hot and cold like a typical winger.

Howdy Doody Jambo
9 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Celtic cheating already.

Look at the size of their new keepers hands.

0__BM19693.jpg

You know what they say about people with big hands? Small 

hmfc_liam06
7 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

How many games will Naismith be fit for though?

I'm going to go for 80%. I reckon the break will have done him the world of good.

Rick Sanchez
6 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Halliday?

Stewart and Docherty look decent, and Jones can be hot and cold like a typical winger.

Halliday is an absolute nugget. But he's got a Kevin Kyle type personality which would benefit the squad. And he's got a bite about him which we could do with.

I'd like us to sign players where we know what we're getting.

The break will have done Naismith, Haring and Souttar the world of good. Michael

Smith as well, if he stays. Souttar if he stays as well I guess.

9 hours ago, RobNox said:

I will echo that comment Rob. 😍

51 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Celtic cheating already.

Look at the size of their new keepers hands.

0__BM19693.jpg

I thought that was Kenny Everett for a minute with those hands.

See the source image

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, johnthomas said:

If you know what I mean

Yip, we seemed to be punished by a goal for every mistake and our gk made sure of it 9/10.

Gk can normally bail out some mistakes, ours compounded them. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, ford donald said:

Wallace Mercer proved the point under his leadership,small basic wage big rolling bonus!

Before bosman so pretty irrelevant nowadays. 

If we offered that and hibs, Aberdeen, English sides etc offered a larger basic We'd lose out. 

Also, I think we need to be near the top of the top league for that to be attractive enough to tempt players. 

It's the way forward but needs to be introduced gradually. 

Tynecastlesmychurch

Would love to get Jones from rangers. Don’t think it’s a far fetched thing. We sell him being part of the 3rd biggest club in Scotland. Its only one season in the championship (assuming our players can actually be arsed!) we have a semi final. We want to compete in all other cup competitions. And he’d be playing with at the very least 3 of his national teammates (if that makes a difference?)

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Aye we certainly made plenty at the back as for that man u keeper, hopeless.

Correct " el gasho" was the worst I've probably seen ?

9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Frustrating! 

Even more frustrating, after JP was dropped, he'd come out at half time and spend the break doing keepy ups with the ball. Didn't give a **** about improving or trying to get back into the team. Just didn't care in the slightest, he won't go anywhere as a keeper.

1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

Worse ive seen, by far.

GK who was scared of the ball, embarrassment. Was he even scouted or was it "he's at Man Utd, he works with De Gea" Sign him up!

9 hours ago, johnthomas said:

If you know what I mean

Yeah. If you shot at our goal it went in more often than not

Keeper last season was a big reason we went down. Drop him before we did and we probably win a few more points. Stendel is to blame for sticking with him. By far the worst Hearts keeper I have seen and I include Ian Baird and Lee Wallace in that!