Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

There's only 3 or 4 players in our squad I'd be remotely sad to see go (Clare, Souttar, Boyce, Naismith) and even then I'd be over it pretty quickly. It's packed to the rafters with rubbish.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Tennant's  6's
46 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Get what you are saying but we’ve not had a huge amount of success in that market recently. Guys with decent pedigrees coming to us and being utter yad. I think people underestimate the Scottish Premiership for quality and vastly overrate the English lower leagues. I include the players themselves in that. Whelan and Damour are the classic examples of that. Good down south, come up here and for one reason or another are utterly shite.

True, but Jim Jeffries & Robbie are unlikely to go on the word of favoured scouts or BS youtube videos. 

JJ pretty much said that to Brisn McLaughlin with his story about having a look at Stephane Adam.

Motherwell do really well getting lower league players from down south,  and Robbie mentioned the contacts that he gained from his spell at MK. 

Iim trying to stay positive & think that we might finally get it right..

Lone Striker
9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I think its something we did not look at enough, the players motivations and mental side. Robbie talked alot about it in the Championship season with our recruitment and that season we were very good recruiting. Then fell apart afterwards. 

Whelan showed little desire, from the sounds of negotiations over his contract he was not interested just wanted an easy ride and lots of money.

Agree with those comments.  It's almost as if CL just looked at stuff like international caps/experience/teams they played for  .... and if all three looked good, he tried to sign the guy.   As you say, attitude and motivation didn't seem to be on the criteria list.      I'd rather see us persevere with the best of our academy boys, and  add in a few under the radar signings who have been properly researched and watched, rather  than go down that road again - you can get by with just  3 or 4 highly experienced players in the squad  anyway (Gordon, Berra, Naismith, Washington ?).

8 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Exactly if anyone was ITK this is the last place they would announce what they knew or they wouldn't be ITK for much longer.

Nah, there are/were some posters who were/are ITK on transfers. **** knows what Daz’s OP was all about though. You are correct about not posting on here though, the one that I could absolutely vouch for doesn’t post on here anymore. At least not with any regularity.

jamboinglasgow
13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The keeper cost us 2 goals in that as well imo. 

One were he  ran out and iirc, the shot straight at him were he almost ducked it. 

Ridiculous, Stendels biggest mistake was sticking with JP. 

Your getting mixed up with the games Killie scored 3 goals against us last season (depressing saying that.)

Doofey is talking about the game at Rugby Park under MacPhee. At least at the second loss against them we fought back against them and almost got a draw.

Leveins Battalion
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Robbies recruitment never fell apart after the championship season, we ended up 3rd, then he left us in about 2nd. 

To be fair the recruitment went bonkers that season.

In Scottish football if somebody told me Hearts were going to sign a Nigerian International with 17 caps and who

has played at the World cup i think myself,and most other Hearts fans were majorly excited.

However,because we had never scouted him properly it was clear after 30 minutes into his 1st training session

that he was absoloutly honking hahaha.

Augustyn was another with decent pedigree,only here for a holiday though.

When you start signing guys like Don Cowie and put him in the engine room is when you start getting problems.

I remember a game early on with Sammon and Watt up front,Murder!!

3 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

True, but Jim Jeffries & Robbie are unlikely to go on the word of favoured scouts or BS youtube videos. 

JJ pretty much said that to Brisn McLaughlin with his story about having a look at Stephane Adam.

Motherwell do really well getting lower league players from down south,  and Robbie mentioned the contacts that he gained from his spell at MK. 

Iim trying to stay positive & think that we might finally get it right..

Yeah, I certainly hope so. Also welcome the positivity.

Ainsley Harriott
5 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

In Scottish football if somebody told me Hearts were going to sign a Nigerian International with 17 caps and who

has played at the World cup i think myself,and most other Hearts fans were majorly excited.

However,because we had never scouted him properly it was clear after 30 minutes into his 1st training session

When you start signing guys like Don Cowie and put him in the engine room is when you start getting problems.

I'm pretty sure Robbie Muirhead joined around that time to. Honking

OmiyaHearts

I see on social media Bobby Burns heading back to Edinburgh this morning on the ferry, I almost forgot about him. Seemed to do reasonably well playing left back in A League. 

Looking like Clare, Smith, Brandon, Hickey, White, Garuccio & Burns all available as full backs - I'm not sure if we'll bother strengthening any of those positions, even if one or two leave.

jamboinglasgow
22 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Robbies recruitment never fell apart after the championship season, we ended up 3rd, then he left us in about 2nd. 

It didn't fall apart but was a mixed bag in the first season of the Premiership. You had successes like Rossi, Djoum, Cowie and Souttar and some failures such as Oshaniwa and Swanson. You also had some average ones like Kitchen, Juanma, Reilly, Augustyn. I would argue that though in the Championship we had failures such as Anderson and El Hassnoui the rest were more successful.

Though our recruitment really fell apart after Robbie left.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Lone Striker
7 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I'm pretty sure Robbie Muirhead joined around that time to. Honking

.... apart from Robbie's final game (against Rangers), when he was outstanding !!

11 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Of course we can only go by what they post on social media which are short snippets. So someone posting nothing could be doing more than the person posting 15 second videos of what was in fact a short session. Saying that I have a lot more respect for the guys like Clare that have been putting shifts in almost daily and not treating it like the off season than I do for the guys on the golf course every second day. Time for the golf once they’re retired.

Damn right. I retired a couple of months ago and golfing beats working hands down 😉😊

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Bonkers ... . Can't agree at all. 

We had a decent team up at the top parts of the league. 

They games "early on" with watt and Sammon about  and with Cowie in the engine  were when we won our first 5 in a row and didn't have us out the top 3.

Aye, murder 🤔.

4 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Daza bit of an easy target on here which is unfair TBH

Let's wait until window is closed

I agree.

Just because we are in talks with someone doesn't mean a signing will materialise.  The landscape has changed this week eg will Arsenal want a player to "gain experience" in our 2nd tier and similarly will the M'well MF now fancy dropping  a division?

frasermck11
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

They games "early on" with watt and Sammon about  and with Cowie in the engine  were when we won our first 5 in a row and didn't have us out the top 3.

Aye, murder 🤔.

I totally agree. I remember games at the start of that season where Don Cowie was outstanding and linked up really well with Tony Watt. The problem Watt had was despite having lots of ability he tended to roam all over searching for the ball rather than stay up front where he was meant to be. 

My memories of Augustyn were he was steady enough but had one shocker of a game at Tynecastle (Motherwell maybe) and everyone turned on him. Never managed to come back from that. 

I think the January window under Cathro was where it really went wrong and I don’t think we ever recovered. 

1 hour ago, Class of 75 said:

Oh great, I can't wait. Knocked back Ross County? If they were after him obviously a quality player. Honestly, has nothing been learned since the debacle with Levein's signing policy? Although I appreciate he is on a trial. 

So he signs for RC, is brilliant and the hindsight brigade on here greet because we didn't sign him. Yer damned if you do and your damned if you dont. Have a look and bin if pish

David McCaig
12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, murder 🤔.

Surely Watt and Sammon arrived the season after.

The 5 wins a row came in our first season back up... stopped by Willie Collum at Hamilton.  Sammon made his debut against Infonet in Europe the following season.

Cowie arrived during the January transfer window of the first season back up.

hmfc_liam06
22 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Daza bit of an easy target on here which is unfair TBH

Let's wait until window is closed

FWIW I don't doubt he gets bits and pieces from somewhere, but it's my opinion that whoever is feeding him info is full of shite.

I also don't think he helps himself when he jumps the gun, posts emojis indicating players have signed then backtracks and claims that's not what he meant by that emoji. Which is absolute bull.

Calling him out is fair game if you ask me.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We have more than enough to win this shitshow. 

Shipping dross and excess baggage has to be the priority 

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

We have more than enough to win this shitshow. 

Shipping dross and excess baggage has to be the priority 

Yep getting highly paid under performers our is more important. It will be interesting to see who RN likes though and what extra he can get out of them. Certainly most are no way as bad as they showed under the last two managers. 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, frasermck11 said:

I totally agree. I remember games at the start of that season where Don Cowie was outstanding and linked up really well with Tony Watt. The problem Watt had was despite having lots of ability he tended to roam all over searching for the ball rather than stay up front where he was meant to be. 

My memories of Augustyn were he was steady enough but had one shocker of a game at Tynecastle (Motherwell maybe) and everyone turned on him. Never managed to come back from that. 

I think the January window under Cathro was where it really went wrong and I don’t think we ever recovered. 

Mine too. 

Watt- be great at 5 a sides, just unsure we're to play him. 

I done a comparison for the season with Sammon in and Sammon out of the the team. 

Our win % was much higher with him in it. 

We had some good, OK and shite players under Robbie but the team, the important thing was 100% going in the right direction. 

Cowie in behind Damour and lee would be very good at this current time. 

Not enough :vrface:on the Internet for the folk having a go at Robbies team with us last time. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

FWIW I don't doubt he gets bits and pieces from somewhere, but it's my opinion that whoever is feeding him info is full of shite.

I also don't think he helps himself when he jumps the gun, posts emojis indicating players have signed then backtracks and claims that's not what he meant by that emoji. Which is absolute bull.

Nail on the head. Possibility of things happening doesn't mean they will,  but if you take the pleasure from being accurate you also need to take the dogs when wrong. 

He got Naismith right very early and Bongo knew about Mitchell coming back. 

Generally the  forum is very good at getting carried away and latching on to characters who offer hope. 

1800 pages on another thread clearly demonstrates how people are willing to accept people know shit when actually they know f all, if it puts them in a happy place 

Leveins Battalion
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Mine too. 

Watt- be great at 5 a sides, just unsure we're to play him. 

I done a comparison for the season with Sammon in and Sammon out of the the team. 

Our win % was much higher with him in it. 

We had some good, OK and shite players under Robbie but the team, the important thing was 100% going in the right direction. 

Not enough :vrface:on the Internet for the folk having a go at Robbies team with us last time. 

Seriously not enough :vrface:for that statement also.

30 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

So he signs for RC, is brilliant and the hindsight brigade on here greet because we didn't sign him. Yer damned if you do and your damned if you dont. Have a look and bin if pish

Correct. For anyone to pass comment on a player they know nothing about purely because RC are in for them, tells you they need to post less on here. RC have unearthed some good players over the last number of years, clearly offering players a platform for pennies, win win for them and the player. Exciting times to move away from Levein's mode of signing players 😊

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I see on social media Bobby Burns heading back to Edinburgh this morning on the ferry, I almost forgot about him. Seemed to do reasonably well playing left back in A League. 

Looking like Clare, Smith, Brandon, Hickey, White, Garuccio & Burns all available as full backs - I'm not sure if we'll bother strengthening any of those positions, even if one or two leave.

Not all the way from Australia I hope he will miss preseason  

Leveins Battalion
4 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Correct. For anyone to pass comment on a player they know nothing about purely because RC are in for them, tells you they need to post less on here. RC have unearthed some good players over the last number of years, clearly offering players a platform for pennies, win win for them and the player. Exciting times to move away from Levein's mode of signing players 😊

Including ahem.....our £180,000 striker...

OmiyaHearts
4 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Not all the way from Australia I hope he will miss preseason  

Haha, might just make it for the last game away to Raith...

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Nah, folk are just a bit stupid imo. 

We could be after a player or show interest, but it doesn't mean we will get him. Far too many fail to grasp that. Far too many Tbh. 

Some will fail at enquiry, some may get further down the discussions but still fail. 

Their thought process is that if we didn't get him, we were never interested-

I'll then come on to the transfer thread on a Hearts forum and make myself feel better by slagging another poster. 

Great stuff. 

Most players will have more than 1 club after them, some players we are interested in will join us, many more will not. 

Being interested in a player and him not signing does not mean we weren't interested. 

As this thread proves, some posters are more  interested in getting 1 up rather than discussing transfer news. 

Daz passes on info, it adds to the thread. Folk being dicks and maybe making themselves feel better by slagging him- not so much. 

From Instagram it looks like Robbie's first meeting with the players is today, Lee and Cochrane at the Oriam, Damour in Edinburgh, as well as Bobby Burns

hmfc_liam06
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We could be after a player or show interest, but it doesn't mean we will get him. Far too many fail to grasp that. Far too many Tbh. 

Some will fail at enquiry, some may get further down the discussions but still fail. 

I'll then come on to the transfer thread on a Hearts forum and make myself feel better by slagging another poster. 

Great stuff. 

Most players will have more than 1 club after them, some players we are interested in will join us, many more will not. 

Being interested in a player and him not signing does not mean we weren't interested. 

As this thread proves, some posters are more  interested in getting 1 up rather than discussing transfer news. 

Daz passes on info, it adds to the thread. Folk being dicks and maybe making themselves feel better by slagging him- not so much. 

There are a handful of guys on here who's info is solid and I trust. I don't with Daz. If that makes me "stupid" then fair do's. 

Calling someone stupid or a dick is probably more offensive than thinking someone talks nonsense. But if that makes you feel better 👍

Leveins Battalion
13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Great stuff. 

Ach get off yer high horse!!

Ripping somebody who has posted a whole novel of actions that have failed to pass is entirely acceptable and part of the fun of football forums.

Lighten up ffs.

17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Great stuff. 

Correct.

They can always put Daz on IGNORE if his ITK tips bother them

manaliveits105
19 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Laddies no a bad player. 

The new Sir Paul (the hobo slayer) Hartley - bit of dig great passer - turns up in the box 

19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Great stuff. 

Having a go at posters for having a go at posters then calling them stupid. 😂😂😂

Nailed it mate. 👍

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Correct.

That's a bit of a cop out. Comments are there to be commented on, you’ve had a go at plenty in the past. 

hmfc_liam06
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Correct.

He doesn't bother me in the slightest. I find it more humerous.

But apparently you're only allowed an opinion on his ITK nonsense if it's positive. And you're also "stupid" and a "dick" if you don't buy into his posts too.

Rick Sanchez
27 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Laddies no a bad player. 

Only watched a few minutes but I always look at how quick they can move the ball and he can move it very quickly, especially on the edge of the box.

Likes to slip it in between the defenders, Naisy and Boyce would have a field day making runs for him.

Looks pretty good.

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Burns just doesn't have the pace to play full back. He will give you 100% and seems to have the heart of a lion. He's still young and hopefully we can find a position for him, however the early signs are not all that encouraging. 

hmfc_liam06
1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

Burns just doesn't have the pace to play full back. He will give you 100% and seems to have the heart of a lion. He's still young and hopefully we can find a position for him, however the early signs are not all that encouraging. 

He's worth a squad place this year but we really need to find out what his position is. I honestly couldn't tell you.

August Landmesser
2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Only watched a few minutes but I always look at how quick they can move the ball and he can move it very quickly, especially on the edge of the box.

Likes to slip it in between the defenders, Naisy and Boyce would have a field day making runs for him.

Looks pretty good.

:oohmatron:

Robbo Is God
45 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Laddies no a bad player. 

Good range of passing. Moves the ball quickly. Comfortable with both feet, looks good in these clips. However, my favourite part of the video is about a minute in, when the commentator says "oh it's just missed wide..........oh nope it's knocked in" 😂😂😂 brilliant!! 

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

.... apart from Robbie's final game (against Rangers), when he was outstanding !!

Will give him that he turned into Pele that night

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

There are a handful of guys on here who's info is solid and I trust. I don't with Daz. If that makes me "stupid" then fair do's. 

Calling someone stupid or a dick is probably more offensive than thinking someone talks nonsense. But if that makes you feel better 👍

If folk come on here to get one over another poster that does make them a dick imo. 

Plenty posts on here just having digs at him, dick behavior imo. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Ach get off yer high horse!!

Ripping somebody who has posted a whole novel of actions that have failed to pass is entirely acceptable and part of the fun of football forums.

Lighten up ffs.

Naw

😜

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Looks pretty good.

Local USL team to me here in NC, North Carolina, FC, are in the same league he's been playing in and the standard isn't all that great tbf. Looks decent tho.

Class of 75
4 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Would imagine he is not a target as such but maybe worth having a look at?

FWIW when JJ was here as manager in 2012 i was at Riccarton a lot,there was trialists in on a weekly basis.

Every now and again a gem will turn up.

Yep I suppose so, fingers crossed 

Class of 75
3 hours ago, fast_blood said:

Daft post this. There is no harm having a look at a player. We have the luxury of time on our side to be able to be more meticulous. Do you honestly think JJ will follow on with Levein's style of signing players?! 

Just calm yourself down instead of jumping to silly conclusions. He might be decent, he might not be. 

Mate, apologies it was first thing in the morning and I was just starting work. We will wait and see but yes JJ is better when it comes to looking at players. 

Edited by Class of 75

Class of 75
2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

I know mate rock and hard place. Was first thing in the morning so my mind hadn't yet locked into forward gear. See how things develop👍