Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Leveins Battalion
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah looks alright. I'm wary of YouTube reels and he's not playing at a very high level currently, but looks quite natural on the ball and has a bit of flair about him by the look of it. 

I heard he has been touted to us from the same crowd that sent over Killian Columbie last season,not expecting much but there is always the chance that one of these guys is a gem.

No harm in looking.👍

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Batistuta87
6 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I heard he has been touted to us from the same crowd that sent over Killian Columbie last season,not expecting much but there is always the chance that one of these guys is a gem.

No harm in looking.👍

Wonder if they're anytning to do with this Global Youth Programme we were told about a while back? Some link to an association or something in the US... If so, this would indicate Austin MacPhee is involved, because his company were supplying scouts / contacts in the US. 

BackOfTheNet

Hope the guy is good enough to get a contract, imagine travelling all that way during a pandemic only to get punted back with nothing? And likely have to quarantine too.

Ainsley Harriott
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Wonder if the salary cap will change that?

I quite fancy Danny Loader who has just left Reading. Bags of pace, couple of goals to his name for England youth sides, only 19... We could really be doing with one or two prospects who will make us some money after a couple of seasons. A few others who have been released down south and might now be realistic targets due to this salary cap... Big Thiam from Barnsley and Devante Cole sitting without a club too. 

Brilliant signing on football manager 

Biffa Bacon
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

I know i will probably get ripped for thus but wtf is it with Hearts and not going after proven goalscorers.I will give credit for Boyce but other than that over the years it looks like we give priority for everything else in a forward above actual goals.Yes my post is - I am a little pissed at Nisbet scoring a hattrick today and yes im a little drunk from being in the garden all day so forgive me if I am well off the mark.

I think you will find, its not the garden but your ability to down loads of alcohol that caused you to be drunk. 😀

Leveins Battalion
10 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Brilliant signing on football manager 

Think Loader is signing for Crystal Palace.

Danny Loader? :lol:

He’s going to be an England international one day. Don’t think he would fancy the Scottish Championship.

Batistuta87

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

Danny Loader? :lol:

He’s going to be an England international one day. Don’t think he would fancy the Scottish Championship.

A boy can dream!! 

Got to make your name somewhere though. He's sitting without a club right now and considering the wage cap being introduced down south, there is a slim chance that we could start to compete for guys like this. 

Batistuta87

Wait I see Leeds and Porto are supposedly interested. Oh well. I never looked into any transfer rumours but obviously I can spot a player 😉

BackOfTheNet
4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

A boy can dream!! 

Got to make your name somewhere though. He's sitting without a club right now and considering the wage cap being introduced down south, there is a slim chance that we could start to compete for guys like this. 

Isn’t the cap only league 1 and 2 down there? So even Championship sides can snap him up for loadsa wages? (I haven’t been paying too much attention so could be wrong about that)

Batistuta87
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

We'll be raiding MK Dons or lower, mate.

As a fat orange twat once said: "It is what it is."

Yeah you're right. League One is probably where we'll snap guys up from. Like I say I didn't look into any rumours surrounding Loader, just going on what I knew about him (which is seeing him play for Reading twice - my boss is a fan and he sometimes invites me to a game when I'm working down in London). Had no idea he was held in such high regard and would be heading for Leeds, Palace etc but when I found out he was a free agent I thought he was worth a mention 😁

Edited by Batistuta87

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Isn’t the cap only league 1 and 2 down there? So even Championship sides can snap him up for loadsa wages? (I haven’t been paying too much attention so could be wrong about that)

My mistake, it is only L1 & L2. Doesn't apply to the Championship 👍🏻

BackOfTheNet

I think if Stendel has stayed Thiam would’ve been in the door by now. Think he’s someone we should try and go for but he’d have no reason to come to us without Stendel being here really. Think we were close to signing him on deadline day and didn’t, I was disappointed as he was exactly the type of player we were needing.

1 hour ago, Biffa Bacon said:

I think you will find, its not the garden but your ability to down loads of alcohol that caused you to be drunk. 😀

Maybe just woke up on the couch.Head is pounding.

6 hours ago, Barack said:

Think McCulloch just has a tanning session.

He's brown all year round. 

Especially his elbows.

5 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Confirmed 👍🏻

49684588-FADC-4C80-86CC-BC94C5A8AAFC.jpeg

Looks good on his YouTube video (I know), decent passing 

Batistuta87
28 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Looks good on his YouTube video (I know), decent passing 

Looks decent yeah - they always do on these highlight reels. I don't know how that league compares to Scotland but certainly looks like he's got vision, can pick a pass, has some pace, and can play right left or centre mid... I remember looking at Meshino's reel though and thinking we were signing somoene completely out of our league 😂 

Fingers crossed!! 

Edited by Batistuta87

thought akhmatov had already been over? was it not talked about a couple of weeks back, if so, there must be a fair chance that he's signing if he's over for a 2and time in close succession during the global shitfest

9 minutes ago, Gav M said:

thought akhmatov had already been over? was it not talked about a couple of weeks back, if so, there must be a fair chance that he's signing if he's over for a 2and time in close succession during the global shitfest

I hope not

There's average and there is bang average..his record shows he's not even bang average

Done nothing to date and he is hardly a youngster

Please let me me be wrong if he signs but this type/level of trialist is just depressing

Kenneth Dubeke
22 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I hope not

There's average and there is bang average..his record shows he's not even bang average

Done nothing to date and he is hardly a youngster

Please let me me be wrong if he signs but this type/level of trialist is just depressing

I would agree. Level he's played at is very poor. Last time we signed a player from almost semi professional level was an Austrian striker and he was hideous. 

I have no issue with signing a player like Akhamtov, can't imagine he will be on much wage and is a pretty low risk signing. Give him a 1 year contract and if it doesn't work then oh well. Having said that I would hope that for every speculative signing like this we would also be looking at proven talent.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
14 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good, nothing trivial hopefully. 

A step too far for me. I'd never wish a serious injury on anyone.

Except Scott Brown, obviously.

Ainsley Harriott
6 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Washington and Damour out next please.

Pair of freeloading *****.

Add Jamie Walker and Aidy White to that list

13 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

I know i will probably get ripped for thus but wtf is it with Hearts and not going after proven goalscorers.I will give credit for Boyce but other than that over the years it looks like we give priority for everything else in a forward above actual goals.Yes my post is - I am a little pissed at Nisbet scoring a hattrick today and yes im a little drunk from being in the garden all day so forgive me if I am well off the mark.

We have. Dennis Wyness, John Sutton, Connor Sammon..All players that have scored goals at other clubs in Scotland but came here and turned to shit. 

Whatsthefuture

First thing that strikes me is I could be watching SPFL from the clips. 
I see similarities to a young Hartley before he came to Hearts

boy has vision, can make a pass and gets into a challenge to win the ball. 
does not make any guarantee But he will be low risk salary wise and at some point a diamond will be found. How many times on this forum do we complain about not going to the lower leagues. From what see he could stand out in the championship. 

With the YouTube videos, you have to use your imagination a wee bit. Look past the goals and the passes. Imagine it’s Celtic and Rangers’ defenders he is up against. The majority of his reel is against shite defending. His close control is a wee bit suspect, when he receives the ball his first touch puts it about a yard in front of him in one of the clips, a good defence would gobble that up. Not saying he won’t be good enough, and some of the reel is quite good, just saying what I try and do with the YouTube videos that have led to so much disappointment in the past. :lol:

Leveins Battalion
14 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

With the YouTube videos, you have to use your imagination a wee bit. Look past the goals and the passes. Imagine it’s Celtic and Rangers’ defenders he is up against. The majority of his reel is against shite defending. His close control is a wee bit suspect, when he receives the ball his first touch puts it about a yard in front of him in one of the clips, a good defence would gobble that up. Not saying he won’t be good enough, and some of the reel is quite good, just saying what I try and do with the YouTube videos that have led to so much disappointment in the past. :lol:

To be fair I watched Oshaniwa's YouTube reel the day he signed and thought he was utter guff.🤣🤣

I prefer JJ's method of actually watching a player before committing to a 3/4 year deal on huge wages.

3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

To be fair I watched Oshaniwa's YouTube reel the day he signed and thought he was utter guff.🤣🤣

I prefer JJ's method of actually watching a player before committing to a 3/4 year deal on huge wages.

No, that’s fair too. Obviously it’s better to have a proper look at a player. I’m just talking about when there’s a YouTube compilation posted. It’s almost as important to look at the opposition as it is the player we are interested in. The defences in that compilation for example are generally horseshit. He won’t get the same time and space in the Premiership here. Hopefully he can do the same at a higher level, if we do take him.

JamboAndrew
6 hours ago, Rooster20 said:

I have no issue with signing a player like Akhamtov, can't imagine he will be on much wage and is a pretty low risk signing. Give him a 1 year contract and if it doesn't work then oh well. Having said that I would hope that for every speculative signing like this we would also be looking at proven talent.

Get him in training. Then if he cuts it, a year with a years option.

Leveins Battalion
11 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

No, that’s fair too. Obviously it’s better to have a proper look at a player. I’m just talking about when there’s a YouTube compilation posted. It’s almost as important to look at the opposition as it is the player we are interested in. The defences in that compilation for example are generally horseshit. He won’t get the same time and space in the Premiership here. Hopefully he can do the same at a higher level, if we do take him.

Yeah 100%,funnily enough my original reaction to Elliot Frear was a bit meh,but having watched the dreaded YouTube videos and listened to the guy talking I have changed my mind,seems a good lad also.

8 hours ago, Gav M said:

He was and RN didnt want to take him on

2 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

So why is he back in Edinburgh?

Edinburgh as in Riccarton or Edinburgh as in Leith? 

8 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Washington and Damour out next please.

Pair of freeloading *****.

Posts like this totally baffle me.

Has Washington ever given less than 100% on the park for us?

Imo if Washington leaves, we won't replace him with better. I don't care about wages, I trust the club to manage budgets and I want to see the best players we can get. Washington is 100%, beyond argument, in that camp.

Opinions likes. But freeloader?!

Damour I get that opinion. Not one to go that route personally, but I can see it.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
6 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

So why is he back in Edinburgh?

CL asked him to come back.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

A step too far for me. I'd never wish a serious injury on anyone.

Except Scott Brown, obviously.

You say it like it’s a bad thing?
I guess you’re just not as bitter and twisted as I am, good for you 👍🏽👏🏾

BackOfTheNet
9 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

He was and RN didnt want to take him on

Interesting. Considering training only started this week RN must’ve been quick to judge (or judged from YouTube) if he made that decision a few weeks ago. Of course maybe the guy just posted a photo he took a few weeks ago then.

Leveins Battalion

Are folk mad on here?

Ahkmatov has not been over 2 weeks ago,and if he was who was he training with?Himself?Our club is only starting full time training tommorrow since March,and since November Stendal was here.

Can you no just get it into your head that Craig Levein is gone,finished,no more say in anything at Hearts FFS.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Imo if Washington leaves, we won't replace him with better. I don't care about wages, I trust the club to manage budgets and I want to see the best players we can get. Washington is 100%, beyond argument, in that camp.

Damour I get that opinion. Not one to go that route personally, but I can see it.

Washington is a decent player and has played well for us each time he's played. 

Clearly gives 100% as well. 

Baffling comments. 

ford donald
8 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Washington is a decent player,he was never a goal scorer in his career,works hard creates for other players.

8 minutes ago, Queensland Jambo said:

CL asked him to come back.

For a pint? Or has Levein got a job somewhere in Edinburgh again?

BackOfTheNet
13 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Are folk mad on here?

Ahkmatov has not been over 2 weeks ago,and if he was who was he training with?Himself?Our club is only starting full time training tommorrow since March,and since November Stendal was here.

Can you no just get it into your head that Craig Levein is gone,finished,no more say in anything at Hearts FFS.

This is basically what I was saying, in case the sarcasm wasn’t clear in my post 😉

20 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I was a bit harsh on Washington, so I apologise for that. I still don’t think we’ve seen his best but “freeloader” was ott.

Harry Potter
57 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Get him in training. Then if he cuts it, a year with a years option.

Sounds like a plan.

Thomson1874

Remember a few seasons ago we had young Harry Paton out on loan to Stenhousemuir and he got rave reviews in that league.

We then released him and allowed him to sign for Ross County for nothing. Watching some highlights last night and he is now a regular for County in the premiership. Can't help but feel he could've contributed to the squad last season.

This has been one of our main problems over the last few years. Signing the likes of Damour on a 4 year deal when we have the likes of Paton and Irving ready to contribute.