Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Aberdeen have signed Tommie Hoban on a 6 month loan deal + A 19 year old striker from Leeds Utd on a 6 month loan deal.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

8 hours ago, busby1985 said:

We had to pay Man United if he didn’t play, something Levein and Budge agreed with United. 

I think that’s a pile of mince 

49 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Aberdeen have signed Tommie Hoban on a 6 month loan deal + A 19 year old striker from Leeds Utd on a 6 month loan deal.

Is he a youth international? 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Ryan Edmondson 

3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Is he a youth international? 

England U19

18 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Ryan Edmondson 

Good prospect at Leeds youth set up according to my Leeds mates. 

Plus my mate, who’s a Don, knows one of his folks or something? Lads got a good reputation but time will tell. 

Some interest in Callum Morrison from League 1 and League 2 clubs in Scotland. Hopefully he signs for one of them as he isn’t going to cut it at Hearts.

2 hours ago, Zen Jambo said:

Good prospect at Leeds youth set up according to my Leeds mates. 

Plus my mate, who’s a Don, knows one of his folks or something? Lads got a good reputation but time will tell. 

All I know about him is that he's a big old school number 9. 

14 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Some interest in Callum Morrison from League 1 and League 2 clubs in Scotland. Hopefully he signs for one of them as he isn’t going to cut it at Hearts.

Nut. He was never going to make it. 

19 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

There was a time where Callum looked arguably the better of the wide prospects and was maturing the best.

I think between him, Lewis Moore, Anthony McDonald and Euan Henderson, we have seen spots of promise and drops in form and I wouldn't be confident in saying any would make it or not.

I'll leave that to Robbies judgement obviously but with all 4 around the 20 year old mark, competition from the likes of Walker, Washington and Clare and the likelihood of one, maybe two wide men coming in, I think we are probably going to see at least 2 of them depart.

Bunny Munro
4 hours ago, davie1980 said:

There was a time where Callum looked arguably the better of the wide prospects and was maturing the best.

I think between him, Lewis Moore, Anthony McDonald and Euan Henderson, we have seen spots of promise and drops in form and I wouldn't be confident in saying any would make it or not.

I'll leave that to Robbies judgement obviously but with all 4 around the 20 year old mark, competition from the likes of Walker, Washington and Clare and the likelihood of one, maybe two wide men coming in, I think we are probably going to see at least 2 of them depart.

McDonald 19

Henderson 20

Morrison 21

Moore 22.

Although McDonald is seen more as a number 10 and Henderson is seen as a forward I think. 

I think McDonald can make it as long as he can get a good run free of injury, I'm less sure of the other three.

5 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

McDonald 19

Henderson 20

Morrison 21

Moore 22.

Although McDonald is seen more as a number 10 and Henderson is seen as a forward I think. 

I think McDonald can make it as long as he can get a good run free of injury, I'm less sure of the other three.

Cheers 👍

Think any time I've seen them it was in the wide midfield/attacking role

Will be interesting to see if any make the grade.

Nice if Robbie can get something more out of them but looking at the age, if they are not first team ready now, for the championship, it would be in everyones best interest to start letting these lads go.

11 hours ago, 8skacel8 said:

Unfortunately I have to agree with you. I thought at one point he might have made it but his crossing and finishing has not improved much if at all  since he first got game time.

Defensively he is poor and does not look like he wants to track back. This will be a big season for him to show if he can improve. If not then I fear he will be signing for one of the clubs you mention.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
43 minutes ago, The Roller said:

Safe to say the OP was nothing but a steaming pile of dung.

Whoda****inthunkit.

Bit early to say that.  Got Nicholson correct,  got his Bristol teams mixed up. 

25 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Unfortunately I have to agree with you. I thought at one point he might have made it but his crossing and finishing has not improved much if at all  since he first got game time.

Defensively he is poor and does not look like he wants to track back. This will be a big season for him to show if he can improve. If not then I fear he will be signing for one of the clubs you mention.

Don't think he can be accused of not wanting to track back.

Don't think everyone will get a chance with numbers,  but he was a regular during our best spell in the last 3 years. 

Would imagine he has very little time to progress 

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

His choking infront of goal was really bad. I get its a step up and it seemed like he was doing most other things right. Just not able to get the final ball. 

Shame really, hopefully he's got over that, otherwise he will likely be off. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Bit early to say that.  Got Nicholson correct,  got his Bristol teams mixed up. 

Its complete and utter fantasy.

From start to finish.

:laugh:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 minutes ago, The Roller said:

Its complete and utter fantasy.

From start to finish.

:laugh:

Nicholson went to Bristol and Hearts publicly stated an interest which rather proves at least one small part is, not a follower of the OP at all, but definitely fair to him when he gets something right 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Nicholson went to Bristol and Hearts publicly stated an interest which rather proves at least one small part is, not a follower of the OP at all, but definitely fair to him when he gets something right 

Or he got completely lucky that a team from the same city as the one he said were interested in him, ended up signing him. Divisions apart but from the same city.

Spurious at best. And given the other muck that it sits amongst, well...

Look, each to their own and at the end of the day it’s words on a screen. The OP is bullshit though and like any bullshit, it’s fair game calling it out.

11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The EEN run the story on the 3rd July, same day as the OP,  maybe proves the EEN get their info from JKB though.

18 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

The EEN run the story on the 3rd July, same day as the OP,  maybe proves the EEN get their info from JKB though.

The OP was posted at 21:30, so I doubt that. Neilson had also been quoted as saying we'd spoken to Nicholson but a midtable English League One team were after him and they were his first choice. Don't think he was desperate to come back at any point.

10 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

The OP was posted at 21:30, so I doubt that. Neilson had also been quoted as saying we'd spoken to Nicholson but a midtable English League One team were after him and they were his first choice. Don't think he was desperate to come back at any point.

He wasn’t. Source. Sam Nicholson.

1 hour ago, lou said:

How's this for a good rumour? a guy posted photos on Facebook of Robbie and McCulloch on a night out with Phil Jagielka last night🥺

Spied this earlier. Could do a job if Gordon gets injured. Rather him than Doyle!!

1 hour ago, lou said:

How's this for a good rumour? a guy posted photos on Facebook of Robbie and McCulloch on a night out with Phil Jagielka last night🥺

Get the pictures posted 

The Future's Maroon
5 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Spied this earlier. Could do a job if Gordon gets injured. Rather him than Doyle!!

Has he changed the position he plays?!

10 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Christ Gordon better not get injured if a centre half is our next best option to play in goal:whistling:

airdriejambo3
7 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Think he took the gloves in a game before.

30 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Get the pictures posted 

Can't even remember where it was ,just one of the Hearts pages on. Facebook

Edited by lou

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

🤔

24 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

🤣

34 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Not to my knowledge 🤔🤭

The Future's Maroon
16 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Not to my knowledge 🤔🤭

Hmmmm

Philip Nikodem Jagielka is an English professional footballer who plays as a centre back for Premier League club Sheffield United. Jagielka started his career with Sheffield United in 2000, where he played mainly as a central midfielder.

millerjames398
53 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

He was apparently so good, sheff utd had him down as reserve goalie when he played there.

10 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Hmmmm

Philip Nikodem Jagielka is an English professional footballer who plays as a centre back for Premier League club Sheffield United. Jagielka started his career with Sheffield United in 2000, where he played mainly as a central midfielder.

It’s crap patter mate. Google Jagielka in goals. Good keeper 👍. 1 game,1 clean sheet

The Establishment

Was in the sticks when Nade downed the Gooners I think. As mentioned Warnock didn't list sub keepers as Jagielka was competent 

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Is this the guy who has joined Aberdeen on loan?

Yes. From Leeds. The Big laddie upfront. 

Edited by Cruyff

The Future's Maroon
2 hours ago, goldie83 said:

It’s crap patter mate. Google Jagielka in goals. Good keeper 👍. 1 game,1 clean sheet

It is crap patter, mate 😉

7 hours ago, 8skacel8 said:

Never thought he would be able to cut it anyway. Runs up the wing, rarely crosses and they're not the best when he does. Finds it easier to turn back on himself and slowing a move down. Even Billy King was better than that. Said over a year ago he'll make a career for himself but it'll be down the leagues.

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Never thought he would be able to cut it anyway. Runs up the wing, rarely crosses and they're not the best when he does. Finds it easier to turn back on himself and slowing a move down. Even Billy King was better than that. Said over a year ago he'll make a career for himself but it'll be down the leagues.

Morrison,Moore,Henderson and Brandon are nowhere near good enough for Hearts.

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Morrison, correct. Henderson, probably won't either. Moore....possibly could, started to get himself together under Stendel. Brandon (when Cathro was here) didn't look out of place and was pretty solid until he had that year out through injury. Didn't help his confidence when Levein (surprise surprise!) played his favourite game of square-pegs-in-round-holes by playing him everywhere else apart from where he should've been, at right-back. I'd give him this season and see where we go from there. If not good enough after this then fair enough, release him.

28 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I watched him away at Hamilton on the first game of the season few years back. He looked excellent. Great first touch, had pace and always wanted to get forward. But as you said he then went on a bizarre roll that season of beating his man, turning back and trying to beat him again rather than just sticking a cross in. He then came out in an interview and said he was working on his crossing but none of the coaches had asked him to.... I was baffled as any fan watching him could see he had to work on his crossing so what the **** were the coaches asking him to do. If he leaves I feel he is a missed opportunity as tbere was definitely talent to be unlocked in him with the right coaching. 

Just now, Maroonjam said:

I watched him away at Hamilton on the first game of the season few years back. He looked excellent. Great first touch, had pace and always wanted to get forward. But as you said he then went on a bizarre roll that season of beating his man, turning back and trying to beat him again rather than just sticking a cross in. He then came out in an interview and said he was working on his crossing but none of the coaches had asked him to.... I was baffled as any fan watching him could see he had to work on his crossing so what the **** were the coaches asking him to do. If he leaves I feel he is a missed opportunity as tbere was definitely talent to be unlocked in him with the right coaching. 

….and there in-lies the problem. I've heard quite a few players/ex players now coming out and mentioning coaching. It was a poor set-up from the start with a guy who was too stubborn and arrogant to realise he was ruining the club. Bad coaching goes back to 2016 and it is now why we have found ourselves in the position we are now in. That and the poor fitness condition of players, probably part of the reason we had so many long-term injuries. All this has been evident for years and nothing was done about it.

Famous 1874

Can we announce Doyle and Damour to **** just to get the ball rolling. Then get a few more of those imposters out. 

6 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Yes. From Leeds. The Big laddie upfront. 

I thought  this thread was about potential Hearts signings ?

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Moore, Henderson and Brandon all showed up quite well under Stendel especially. Far too soon to write them off, especially for the championship. All 3 have also signed contract extensions and are going nowhere. They'll hopefully develop in the championship. Having no Hearts fans at games might be to their advantage given how quickly some Hearts fans can write young players off. Morrison will probably be away.

32 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Interest in Hickey from Bologna it seems as well as Aston Villa

I'll be very surprised if he is here come the start of our season.