Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Just didn't think Burns was going to make it. Too slow for top level. Anyone that watched him at Cowdenbeath last season will know he won't make it. 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Ainsley Harriott
3 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

If signing players like Elliot Frear is the level of our ambition even in the Championship than I am afraid Robbie is going to struggle to win over the doubters.(No idea if its even true btw)just hypothetically. 

This type of signing reminds me of Hibs in 2012,older,journeymen,with no sell on value and ultimately only cost the club in wages.

Now I get when JJ was here at 1st he plugged gaps with Alan Lawrence,Darren Beckford etc but we have to actively be going for the best young Scottish players.The Ali McCanns,Shanklands,Ross Stewart's etc.We need to start spending on players.

Until we get back to this type of young,ambitious players on an upward trajectory then we are going to continue on this downward spiral that seem bottomless just now imo.

Rather than sign 3 average squad fillers I'd rather we signed 1 quality midfielder/winger.

Then build a team over 2/3 seasons.

I reckon the type of player will be down to budget. With an all ready bloated squad there might not be much left in the pot until we move on more of leveins losers 

1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I reckon the type of player will be down to budget. With an all ready bloated squad there might not be much left in the pot until we move on more of leveins losers 

Some managers see certain types of player as essential to their plans and maybe RN sees Frear in this light.

I recall Cloughie signing John McGovern more than once and he was always one of the 1st names on the team sheet, yet did not get one Scotland cap.

Famous 1874

If signing players like Elliot Frear is the level of our ambition even in the Championship than I am afraid Robbie is going to struggle to win over the doubters.(No idea if its even true btw)just hypothetically. 

This type of signing reminds me of Hibs in 2012,older,journeymen,with no sell on value and ultimately only cost the club in wages.

Now I get when JJ was here at 1st he plugged gaps with Alan Lawrence,Darren Beckford etc but we have to actively be going for the best young Scottish players.The Ali McCanns,Shanklands,Ross Stewart's etc.We need to start spending on players.

Until we get back to this type of young,ambitious players on an upward trajectory then we are going to continue on this downward spiral that seem bottomless just now imo.

Rather than sign 3 average squad fillers I'd rather we signed 1 quality midfielder/winger.

Completely agree mate. We need to stop getting these late 20’s early 30’s journeymen who don’t have the hunger or desire to really kick on. 

39 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You should give it a rest. You came back countless times about the same old crap re your anti hero.  I don't need you to tell me what a forum is for but I would hope there is some realism in the suggestions.  Now go and have a lie down or let us have your views on the transfer window instead of trying to police what others post.

In short, give it a rest.

So are you disagreeing with my arguments then as I note you have not come back with anything of note?

David McCaig
1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

Felt either Burns or White would leave. Expected it to be White but perhaps easier to move on Burns despite White being the better player when fit.

I still have a feeling that White may be the surprise package of the season if he can get a full pre-season under his belt.

Last season was about proving he could still play, which he did sporadically, hopefully this year is about getting back to his previous best... which would make him as good as any player at the club.

Robbie has so far only taken him on trial so a bit to go yet. If he likes the look of him then it will be interesting to see how long a deal he is offered.

At 29 he is hardly a young up and coming talent and Robbie may just see him as an experienced head to get us back into the top league

I also read that Robbie tried to sign him befor he moved South.

Jambof3tornado
10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Last season Robbie basically set up to get the ball to Shankland.

Maybe doing the same for Boyce and Naismith.

Not the worst tactic though we do need someone to cover for naisy during injury breaks.

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Not the worst tactic though we do need someone to cover for naisy during injury breaks.

Maybe we should be signing another CB then to cover for Souttar?

Burns was an OK punt at the time, but agree that he never looked like he'd make it.  Physically not good enough.  One off the wage bill = good news.  

A few more needing cleared out. Damour, Doyle just the first couple that spring to mind. Easier said than done with guys sitting on decent wages with little in return. 

Burns appears to be getting positive comments from Newcastle Jets supporters over on Twitter so must have had a good season there. Good luck to the boy- bright lad so football probably not the main game for him, could see him over here in US at college actually. 

More to follow him out the door I hope.

Ainsley Harriott
14 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

A few more needing cleared out. Damour, Doyle just the first couple that spring to mind. Easier said than done with guys sitting on decent wages with little in return. 

Damour

Doyle

Walker

White

Berra

Washington 

Would be on my punt list. That would free up some wedge from the wage bill

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Damour

Doyle

Walker

White

Berra

Washington 

I think White will be a revelation this year and wouldn’t be surprised to see Berra and Souttar as our first choice centre back pairing.

If used properly Washington is a superb player.

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

This is the trouble we've got to get rid  first!    harder than it seems to produce wages for new players,, hard to do when you see some of the shite levein got in !!!

Ainsley Harriott
5 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I think White will be a revelation this year and wouldn’t be surprised to see Berra and Souttar as our first choice centre back pairing.

Washington is a grafter but his stats are shocking. Doesn't produce enough 

49 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I still have a feeling that White may be the surprise package of the season if he can get a full pre-season under his belt.

Last season was about proving he could still play, which he did sporadically, hopefully this year is about getting back to his previous best... which would make him as good as any player at the club.

This.

he did show in glimpses he has ability last season. Fitness was always going to be an issue considering the length of time he had been out. Don’t think he should have been starting marches. Should have made sub appearances to get him going. He was subbed a few times at half time.

Wouldn’t write him off just yet.

4 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Washington is a grafter but his stats are shocking. Doesn't produce enough 

Reckon his stats would improve greatly in the championship. 

Ainsley Harriott
2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Probably his level

KyleLafferty

I'm honestly grudging giving any of these players a second chance. Trying to convince myself that it was bad coaching and management (more than likely was). I just hope Neilson can get a tune out these players on a tight budget. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
36 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

White will never be fit, not for a long run

45 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Damour

Doyle

Walker

White

Berra

Washington 

Agreed, i’d add

Bobby

Brandon

Uche

Wighton

Morrison

still more than enough to get out of that league after ditching 10 or so bodies. Just shows how bad we have been at recruitment

Hungry hippo
11 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

White will never be fit, not for a long run

To be fair to him it was a while since he got injured other than two concussions which aren't a fitness issue.

Club_Marmalade
13 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I'm honestly grudging giving any of these players a second chance. Trying to convince myself that it was bad coaching and management (more than likely was). I just hope Neilson can get a tune out these players on a tight budget. 

money is going to be much tighter now with no compensation coming and also the cash we already spent on tying up the management team. Neilson did not make many great signings in his last job but does it matter, I am pretty confident hearts will win the title with the players they have. One or two additions if they are cheap or free would be enough to get over the line  

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

So are you disagreeing with my arguments then as I note you have not come back with anything of note?

I didn't realise I was obliged to answer your posts.

As it happens I do agree with your last post (reply to LB) which more or less confirms the point I was making - before you started playing the man instead of the ball!

bigsuperslim1874
13 minutes ago, Chris#9 said:

Agreed, i’d add

Bobby

Brandon

Uche

Wighton

Morrison

still more than enough to get out of that league after ditching 10 or so bodies. Just shows how bad we have been at recruitment

Brandon got a contract extension recently. He actually looked like a player more recently so happy to give him a chance TBH.

bigsuperslim1874
47 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Maybe a season scoring a barrel load might be just what he needs 😂

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

I didn't realise I was obliged to answer your posts.

As it happens I do agree with your last post (reply to LB) which more or less confirms the point I was making - before you started playing the man instead of the ball!

Thank you. Do I get a yellow card for playing the man?

2 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Bobby Burns is too slow to play in Scottish Football at prem, championship level.

Too slow to play against Accies, St Liedown, Livi et al 🤣😂😅😄😁 dearie me.... 🤯🤪

Why do people think we will be signing established SPL players when we are in the Championship playing a part season?

Wisen up FFS.

7 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Why do people think we will be signing established SPL players when we are in the Championship playing a part season?

Wisen up FFS.

2 things. Cash and we’re Hearts 

Ainsley Harriott
29 minutes ago, Chris#9 said:

Agreed, i’d add

Bobby

Brandon

Uche

Wighton

Morrison

How did I forget Wighton. Our squad has so much shite in it it's easy to forget half them.

16 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Thank you. Do I get a yellow card for playing the man?

Yellow cards don't count here or you would have accumulated several reds and even more for your one track crap.

9 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Wisen up FFS.

The best one was for ages, 

"How come Motherwell can sign all these good players from the English lower leagues, why don't we have a scouting system like that?" 

Aug 2020 Hearts take former Motherwell player on trial as a Championship Club, 

"He's ****ing shite, why are we signing lower league players" 

:laugh:

David Black
2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

How did I forget Wighton. Our squad has so much shite in it it's easy to forget half them.

I wouldn't discount Wighton. It's strange he was very good at Dundee, crap at Hearts then very good whilst on loan at Arbroath. Just one of many who thanks to poor coaching, style of football etc, failed to make an impression. Time will tell, but let's just see.

Yellow cards don't count here or you would have accumulated several reds and even more for your one track crap.

In that case you would be joining me in the stand Al for the same one track crap.

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Smith can cover or christophe.

Not great options as you lose the best right back to cover. 

Plenty time yet.

20 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

In that case you would be joining me in the stand Al for the same one track crap.

I actually think it is reasonable to live within our means, one track or not. You may have a greater sense of entitlement and think it matters not whether we can afford potential signings.  We had enough of overspending before which led to our near demise.  Only a Hibs supporter would want a repeat.

23 minutes ago, David Black said:

I wouldn't discount Wighton. It's strange he was very good at Dundee, crap at Hearts then very good whilst on loan at Arbroath. Just one of many who thanks to poor coaching, style of football etc, failed to make an impression. Time will tell, but let's just see.

Bar his spell at Arbroath, his goals record is horrendous. I feel very confident saying he will never be good enough

38 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Wisen up FFS.

Over the years after the last Championship campaign a lot of people seemed rate Championship clubs highly. 

We do have to build back up for Premiership but its winning Championship that counts now. 

5 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Smith can cover or christophe.

Not great options as you lose the best right back to cover. 

Plenty time yet.

That was the poster trying to be his contrary self.  We have have Souttar, Berra, Halkett and Hamilton as CBs with Haring and Smith well able to cover.  I don't how many more he thinks we will need and how we're going to pay for them

Edited by JamboAl

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Banning order more like. 

That was the poster trying to be his contrary self.  We have have Souttar, Berra, Halkett and Hamilton as CBs with Haring and Smith well able to cover.  I don't how may more he thinks we will need and how we're going to pay for them

Agreed. We're fine at CH, enough to accommodate 2 or more being missing. How many should we have? I know we're probably all messed up due to our injury record, but 3 experienced CHs, a young well touted kid, a capable RB with other options to cover him if needed (Brandon, Claire) plus Haring.

We're fine at CH!

We need creativity imo. Possibly an understudy to Haring too.

Other than that, most of the activity should be out the way.

Let's leave space in the squad for signings next summer. We can't have the continual overhauls.

I think we should trim 6 players on top of Burns, leaving 22, if I had any say.....

Doyle, Bobby, Hickey*, Morrison, Damour and Macdonald to go, replaced with 2 midfielders and a CH for a squad of 25

*seems inevitable

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I think with Smith and Haring being able to play there we will be ok. Unlike others I can’t see Hamilton ever making as a CH.

22D9B0FB-4DC3-4DAA-BF09-288AF71CB9FB.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 minute ago, ericb said:

I think we should trim 6 players on top of Burns, leaving 22, if I had any say.....

Doyle, Bobby, Hickey*, Morrison, Damour and Macdonald to go, replaced with 2 midfielders and a CH for a squad of 25

*seems inevitable

McDonald? Weird choice, no?