Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

😔

Dont know a lot about him but from a quick search he doesn't look much better than Mulraney in all honesty. Quick, though. 

I'm praying for Premiership standard players like O'Donnell, Jones or Halliday but I think I need to get real. No need to overspend to get out of this division. 

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I'm praying for Premiership standard players like O'Donnell, Jones or Halliday but I think I need to get real. No need to overspend to get out of this division. 

Sooner or later we are going to have to bite the bullet and invest in some younger quality players.

Signing journeymen players will never be sustainable or allow us to progress.

6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I think he's OK. Pretty direct winger. Can play left wing and also left wing back. 

We obviously can’t do it all the time, particularly in the championship but I’m with Leveins Battalion on this. Don’t mind the odd squad filler but want younger, ambitious players. 

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Sooner or later we are going to have to bite the bullet and invest in some younger quality players.

Hungry hippo
34 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Couldn't even get his game for Forrest Green Rovers :laugh2:

Mind, we're in the Championship though. So he might be okay. 

He was getting a game until he injured his ankle. Knew his name but  don't really remember him at Motherwell at all though.

10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

We just need to sign players to get us out of the championship. 

And what do we do with those players when we are back in premiership? 

2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Assuming no CBs incoming as Chris Hamilton was training with the first team today. 

There was no 'first team' training today

It was in groups of 8 and it was tests to get an idea of their fitness prior to starting full training

Training will be in small groups to start with then build up from there

Edited by CJGJ

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I'm the same. Was fully expecting us to be looking at the likes of Halliday, Gogic etc but actually this upcoming season is about getting back up and nothing more, whilst sticking to a vastly reduced budget. In reality guys like Butcher and some of the other underwhelming mentions will probably be good enough to get us over the line. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Batistuta87
37 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

And what do we do with those players when we are back in premiership? 

Well hopefully none of them are given daft 3-4 year deals and get 1-2 year deals with options to extend. We go up, they either stay and become squad players while we upgrade in key areas, or they move on. There is also a chance that Robbie could uncover some gems who end up being Premiership quality... 

Edited by Batistuta87

1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

He was getting a game until he injured his ankle. Knew his name but  don't really remember him at Motherwell at all though.

I remember him playing LwB at Motherwell. Actually always thought he was decent. 

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

I remember him playing LwB at Motherwell. Actually always thought he was decent. 

Encouraging 👍🏻

Weakened Offender
2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

This has to be the way forward for Hearts. We have signed a number of experienced pros who have came in and added nothing. Players who, we have been told, would enhance the development of younger players without any real evidence of that having happened. 

You don't sign experienced players and then trumpet the fact they are a model pro, that should be an absolute given in the first place. 

PauloSergio
35 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

This has to be the way forward for Hearts. We have signed a number of experienced pros who have came in and added nothing. Players who, we have been told, would enhance the development of younger players without any real evidence of that having happened. 

You don't sign experienced players and then trumpet the fact they are a model pro, that should be an absolute given in the first place. 

Spot on, I’m sick of signing Glenn Whelan’s for them to be absolutely pish. Need to start signing ambitious, young players

5 hours ago, hunts said:

Neilson had Frear on trial at United last summer but never signed him.

You’ve got to think if he’s fit he’ll be signing then. He knows what the guy can do.

Phil D. Corners
5 hours ago, PauloSergio said:

Spot on, I’m sick of signing Glenn Whelan’s for them to be absolutely pish. Need to start signing ambitious, young players

looking back at last season I’m don’t think it was Whelan was pish.. 

William H. Bonney
17 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

looking back at last season I’m don’t think it was Whelan was pish.. 

Whelans biggest problem was he clearly didn’t give a ****. He was the complete polar opposite of what we required last season. 

55 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Whelans biggest problem was he clearly didn’t give a ****. He was the complete polar opposite of what we required last season. 

Played well the Aberdeen cup game. Main issue was the arrangements for training as hardly at the club and a sign of how soft the club was

Leveins Battalion

If signing players like Elliot Frear is the level of our ambition even in the Championship than I am afraid Robbie is going to struggle to win over the doubters.(No idea if its even true btw)just hypothetically. 

This type of signing reminds me of Hibs in 2012,older,journeymen,with no sell on value and ultimately only cost the club in wages.

Now I get when JJ was here at 1st he plugged gaps with Alan Lawrence,Darren Beckford etc but we have to actively be going for the best young Scottish players.The Ali McCanns,Shanklands,Ross Stewart's etc.We need to start spending on players.

Until we get back to this type of young,ambitious players on an upward trajectory then we are going to continue on this downward spiral that seem bottomless just now imo.

Rather than sign 3 average squad fillers I'd rather we signed 1 quality midfielder/winger.

Then build a team over 2/3 seasons.

Finlay James
4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

If signing players like Elliot Frear is the level of our ambition even in the Championship than I am afraid Robbie is going to struggle to win over the doubters.(No idea if its even true btw)just hypothetically. 

This type of signing reminds me of Hibs in 2012,older,journeymen,with no sell on value and ultimately only cost the club in wages.

Now I get when JJ was here at 1st he plugged gaps with Alan Lawrence,Darren Beckford etc but we have to actively be going for the best young Scottish players.The Ali McCanns,Shanklands,Ross Stewart's etc.We need to start spending on players.

Until we get back to this type of young,ambitious players on an upward trajectory then we are going to continue on this downward spiral that seem bottomless just now imo.

Rather than sign 3 average squad fillers I'd rather we signed 1 quality midfielder/winger.

Spot on

Austin MacGlee
10 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I agree. Would like to see our strategy change to a healthy mix of our own youth, promising youngsters we've capitalised on contract situations at smaller clubs and a decent whack of experienced pros. It's a winning formula in my opinion. 

Austin MacGlee
16 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Great post

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

How much would they cost and do we have that kind of money?

We still don't know how much Arbitration will cost but we could finish up (with PTFC) paying all the costs.

Leveins Battalion
Just now, JamboAl said:

We still don't know how much Arbitration will cost but we could finish up (with PTFC) paying all the costs.

We have had enough money to spend close to £15 million on a new stand and £4 million on our Youth Academy.£1 million on a pitch.£180k for Boyce and dish out 4 year deals.....

Money is not the problem for Hearts just now,spending it wisely however is another story.

16 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Exactly, whilst the three mentioned would be very good signings I can’t see us spending the money required and I’m not sure the players are going to give up a full season in the premier league for a championship season that doesn’t start for over 2 months!

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Start spending what?

Selkirkhmfc1874
46 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

We have had enough money to spend close to £15 million on a new stand and £4 million on our Youth Academy.£1 million on a pitch.£180k for Boyce and dish out 4 year deals.....

Money is not the problem for Hearts just now,spending it wisely however is another story.

Difference now is we're in middle of a pandemic while also being excluded from top league 

39 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

So the answer is that you don't know how much they would cost and whether we have that kind of money.

Also as Hunts says would they even want to drop a division?

I presume you didn't/don't want us to spend money on the academy, a new pitch or a new stand despite the fact that the old one was costing a fortune each season simply to meet H&S standards.  Money down a drain that was.

As I see it, we now have most of the infrastructure requirements/costs behind us and should be able to spend increasingly on players but now might just be a little too soon.  It would help if we could get rid of a few players who are surplus to the requirements of the new manager.

I think rather than trying to sign the likes of those players now we should have taken the chance before. 

Now they are more proven, Shankland has Scotland caps etc. So we won't be spending the money required or even close to it anytime soon. 

We need to be grabbing those types of players around the time we got Souttar. 

He had high potential, but wasn't proven so was cheaper & easier to get for us. 

Doing that there will obviously be hits & misses, but if we can sell the hits for a few million down the road then it works out well

Leveins Battalion
17 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

So the answer is that you don't know how much they would cost and whether we have that kind of money.

Also as Hunts says would they even want to drop a division?

I presume you didn't/don't want us to spend money on the academy, a new pitch or a new stand despite the fact that the old one was costing a fortune each season simply to meet H&S standards.  Money down a drain that was.

As I see it, we now have most of the infrastructure requirements/costs behind us and should be able to spend increasingly on players but now might just be a little too soon.  It would help if we could get rid of a few players who are surplus to the requirements of the new manager.

Not at all,we clearly have money by what we have spent the last 3/4 years.

Now if we can ignite the club with some quality players it would take off,the fans need some new heroes.

People on here quote daily how they long for a Cameron,Hartley or McCann.We need to start signing these guys when there 21-24.Signing 29-30 year olds is not what we need.

I agree the infrastructure is there,the players are not.

10 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Now if we can ignite the club with some quality players it would take off,the fans need some new heroes.

People on here quote daily how they long for a Cameron,Hartley or McCann.We need to start signing these guys when there 21-24.Signing 29-30 year olds is not what we need.

I think this is where the FoH money should eventually be spent. Buy up the best up and coming players from the clubs outside the OF that are already starting to become established, McCann, Campbell etc plus even buying the best players at their academies at the15/16 year old level.

lisburnjambo
1 minute ago, PauloSergio said:

Bobby Burns leaving to join Barrow AFC on August 5th

Disappointed. Thought he was gonna get a chance 

another NI player gone now that Austin’s away...

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

What someone has spent in the past is no certain guide to what they can spend now or in the future and I agree it would be great if we can ignite the club with some quality players - but we must live within our means. 

You still have not  mentioned how much you think they would cost and  how we are going to afford them.  The money we have spent in the past has gone now, for better or for worse.  Also I don't see Aberdeen or the OF racing to buy McCann, Shankland or Srewart.  I wonder why that is if they are all that promising.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, lisburnjambo said:

Disappointed. Thought he was gonna get a chance 

another NI player gone now that Austin’s away...

Same, I wanted to see him take his chance but I can understand as left back has 3 players there already and midfield has quite a few players so if he wants to play he would have to move.

Hope we have done a deal where he goes for free but we have a sell on fee attached.

Good luck to him.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

What someone has spent in the past is no certain guide to what they can spend now or in the future and I agree it would be great if we can ignite the club with some quality players - but we must live within our means. 

You still have not  mentioned how much you think they would cost and  how we are going to afford them.  The money we have spent in the past has gone now, for better or for worse.  Also I don't see Aberdeen or the OF racing to buy McCann, Shankland or Srewart.  I wonder why that is if they are all that promising.

Give it a rest for goodness sake how would anyone outside the club know this. You come back with the same old crap every time someone suggests a player.

Robbie will decide who he wants and will be told if we can afford them or not. Thjere is nothing wrong in someone suggesting a player they might like or know is available.

This is a discussion forum where people put forward suggestions but they don't have to have a complete break-down of how much the player would cost and how much his wages would be and his bonus/ appearance money and the length of his contract etc.

Hungry hippo
12 minutes ago, PauloSergio said:

Bobby Burns leaving to join Barrow AFC on August 5th

Felt either Burns or White would leave. Expected it to be White but perhaps easier to move on Burns despite White being the better player when fit.

StirlingJambo

I could be wrong but was Burns not signed as an attacking player? If so why was he always played at left back?

lisburnjambo
4 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

I could be wrong but was Burns not signed as an attacking player? If so why was he always played at left back?

Yes I think I remember this, could play different positions but I think we were stuck at the stage and Levein put him in 

15 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Give it a rest for goodness sake how would anyone outside the club know this. You come back with the same old crap every time someone suggests a player.

Robbie will decide who he wants and will be told if we can afford them or not. Thjere is nothing wrong in someone suggesting a player they might like or know is available.

This is a discussion forum where people put forward suggestions but they don't have to have a complete break-down of how much the player would cost and how much his wages would be and his bonus/ appearance money and the length of his contract etc.

You should give it a rest. You came back countless times about the same old crap re your anti hero.  I don't need you to tell me what a forum is for but I would hope there is some realism in the suggestions.  Now go and have a lie down or let us have your views on the transfer window instead of trying to police what others post.

In short, give it a rest.