Jump to content
dazajmbo

Hearts transfer window ( Assistant Managers confirmed )

Recommended Posts

bazman
32 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Interest in Hickey from Bologna it seems as well as Aston Villa

I'll be very surprised if he is here come the start of our season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
1 hour ago, bazman said:

I'll be very surprised if he is here come the start of our season. 

 

I think he'll be here on loan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aberhill jambo
On 31/07/2020 at 10:23, Jenks said:

Pretty sure no player is fit right now. Stupid comment.

This was last season. He is shit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bazman
9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

I think he'll be here on loan. 

Depends where he goes. Bologna want him for their first team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, bazman said:

Depends where he goes. Bologna want him for their first team


Do they really though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:


Do they really though?

Seems a bit imaginative to be total shite. Might be some truth in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
buzzbomb
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Seems a bit imaginative to be total shite. Might be some truth in it.

100% Bologna rumour is true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom Hardy’s Dug

I don’t think we or Hickey benefits much from a loan back now in 2/3s of a Championship season to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robdawg
20 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Morrison,Moore,Henderson and Brandon are nowhere near good enough for Hearts.

100% agree with this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874

Brandon has a lot of talent, every time he gets a run he is one of the better performers then gets another injury.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Batistuta87
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I don’t think we or Hickey benefits much from a loan back now in 2/3s of a Championship season to be honest.

Same. The best move he could make would be somewhere he's got a chance of getting a game at some point over the next season or two. Going to a big club like City then spending a few seasons out on loan would do nothing for him. Of the clubs he's been linked with, Villa would probably be his best move. He'd probably get a few appearances in his first season or two, then maybe become their regular left back. If he cracks on from there then he could end up at a massive club like Tierney is when he's around the same age. 

 

Now is the time for us to sell too. We won't miss him a huge amount next season being in the Championship because Garuccio is more than good enough to come in and take his place. We need to take a fee while we can actually get one. 

 

Edited by Batistuta87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
David Black
13 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Same. The best move he could make would be somewhere he's got a chance of getting a game at some point over the next season or two. Going to a big club like City then spending a few seasons out on loan would do nothing for him. Of the clubs he's been linked with, Villa would probably be his best move. He'd probably get a few appearances in his first season or two, then maybe become their regular left back. If he cracks on from there then he could end up at a massive club like Tierney is when he's around the same age. 

 

Now is the time for us to sell too. We won't miss him a huge amount next season being in the Championship because Garuccio is more than good enough to come in and take his place. We need to take a fee while we can actually get one. 

 

You're quite correct. When was the last time we actually got a decent transfer fee for anyone? Osman Sow? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DG_HMFC
21 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Morrison,Moore,Henderson and Brandon are nowhere near good enough for Hearts.

 

I'd happily be proved wrong, but I agree, they are not good enough to play for a club that has aspirations of playing European football. 

 

They will however do a job for us in this tinpot league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lovecraft
6 minutes ago, David Black said:

You're quite correct. When was the last time we actually got a decent transfer fee for anyone? Osman Sow? 

 

Did we not get over 400k for Lafferty?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PauloSergio
6 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

 

Did we not get over 400k for Lafferty?

 

Was it not 650k?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
4 hours ago, bazman said:

Depends where he goes. Bologna want him for their first team

 

I think him staying here on loan will suit all parties if transfered, unless celtic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
8 minutes ago, PauloSergio said:

Was it not 650k?

 

Yes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
martoon
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

I think him staying here on loan will suit all parties if transfered, unless celtic. 

 

If Celtic bought him they'd probably loan him to Dundee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
17 minutes ago, martoon said:

 

If Celtic bought him they'd probably loan him to Dundee. 

Not funny. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I don’t think we or Hickey benefits much from a loan back now in 2/3s of a Championship season to be honest.

 

Unsure, unless he's getting more than 25 plus games at his new club. 

 

The worst thing would be for him to move and play a handful of times, it's a pattern too many young players follow. 

 

Him signing, getting a massive wage increase, back on loan to us is ideal all round. 

He's 17 and a loan spell gives the lad a season to sort out his personal stuff and mentally adjust while playing as he was. 

 

Win/ win. 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
17 minutes ago, martoon said:

 

If Celtic bought him they'd probably loan him to Dundee. 

 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Not funny. 

 

True all round 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Seems a bit imaginative to be total shite. Might be some truth in it.

 

 

I like that thinking, makes sense. 

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
David Black
47 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

 

Did we not get over 400k for Lafferty?

 

Forgot about him, think it was nearer £650000. For once a good bit of business. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

Unsure, unless he's getting more than 25 plus games at his new club. 

 

The worst thing would be for him to move and play a handful of times, it's a pattern too many young players follow. 

 

Him signing, getting a massive wage increase, back on loan to us is ideal all round. 

He's 17 and a loan spell gives the lad a season to sort out his personal stuff and mentally adjust while playing as he was. 

 

Win/ win. 

 

 

 

 

 

18 now so able to sign a full-blown long term contract

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

18 now so able to sign a full-blown long term contract

 

Point stands, 17/18/19, not about contract Tbh. 

 

 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff

Hickey needs to move on. There is no point in him playing in the Championship. He'd be wasting of a year of improvement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo

Hickey is brilliant but it's clear he won't be here beyond this season so selling now (not to Celtic ideally) with a whopping sell-on fee should be the aim. He's replaceable at LB for the Champ and I'd prefer to develop another player there instead of have him on loan. He'd be a Ferrari in a stock car race down there and won't progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Hickey needs to move on. There is no point in him playing in the Championship. He'd be wasting of a year of improvement.

And any fee would be useful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

And any fee would be useful. 

Indeed. Decent fee. Hopefully a big sell on fee too. It's win win for everyone. I'd never want to see one of our laddies held back from becoming better and playing top level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

Point stands, 17/18/19, not about contract Tbh. 

 

 

The delay has been about the contract. Couldn’t sign a real one until 18. Since his birthday there’s been lots of interest and activity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Hickey is brilliant but it's clear he won't be here beyond this season so selling now (not to Celtic ideally) with a whopping sell-on fee should be the aim. He's replaceable at LB for the Champ and I'd prefer to develop another player there instead of have him on loan. He'd be a Ferrari in a stock car race down there and won't progress.

Correct and his father will be very aware of that. Now is a better time to make a move than next summer will be. If it’s Celtic he ends up choosing we may get him on loan. Any of the others there’s no chance I’d think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cauther col

Made money on Igor Rossi apparently 2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wattie exploited
Posted (edited)

so annoyed that our signing policy has been so shit for the last 3 years we have signed so many shit players on 3 year contracts who are a  absolutely   joke  players   like Malaury Martin ,  Conar Sammon,   Loic Damour  to name just a few

,To make matters  worse  we have lost or let so many players leave and never got any money for them especially our young players through the academy .

Now our best player for years Hickey is going to be leaving us for peanuts  really annoyed    can imagine him being worth 20 million in 3 years time hope we get a percentage if he gets sold on ,also  the fact that we didnt get him signed up over a year ago after the cup final it was plain to see he was going to be a big player :rifle:

Edited by wattie exploited

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff

It was. Whether it still is remains to be seen. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheBigO
2 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

so annoyed that our signing policy has been so shit for the last 3 years we have signed so many shit players on 3 year contracts who are a  absolutely   joke  players   like Malaury Martin ,  Conar Sammon,   Loic Damour  to name just a few

,To make matters  worse  we have lost or let so many players leave and never got any money for them especially our young players through the academy .

Now our best player for years is going to be leaving us for peanuts  really annoyed    can imagine him being worth 20 million in 3 years time hope we get a percentage if he gets sold on ,also  the fact that we didnt get him signed up over a year ago after the cup final it was plain to see he was going to be a big player :rifle:

Where do we start here. 2 things to narrow it down...

 

1. New thread? Really?

2. You can't sign players on longterm deals until they're 17

 

Mods, merge with Hickey thread. Or get rid. Just a suggestion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wattie exploited
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Where do we start here. 2 things to narrow it down...

 

1. New thread? Really?

2. You can't sign players on longterm deals until they're 17

 

Mods, merge with Hickey thread. Or get rid. Just a suggestion.

its not just about Hickey are you thick ?:vrface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
15 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

so annoyed that our signing policy has been so shit for the last 3 years we have signed so many shit players on 3 year contracts who are a  absolutely   joke  players   like Malaury Martin ,  Conar Sammon,   Loic Damour  to name just a few

,To make matters  worse  we have lost or let so many players leave and never got any money for them especially our young players through the academy .

Now our best player for years Hickey is going to be leaving us for peanuts  really annoyed    can imagine him being worth 20 million in 3 years time hope we get a percentage if he gets sold on ,also  the fact that we didnt get him signed up over a year ago after the cup final it was plain to see he was going to be a big player :rifle:


😴

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
16 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

so annoyed that our signing policy has been so shit for the last 3 years we have signed so many shit players on 3 year contracts who are a  absolutely   joke  players   like Malaury Martin ,  Conar Sammon,   Loic Damour  to name just a few

,To make matters  worse  we have lost or let so many players leave and never got any money for them especially our young players through the academy .

Now our best player for years Hickey is going to be leaving us for peanuts  really annoyed    can imagine him being worth 20 million in 3 years time hope we get a percentage if he gets sold on ,also  the fact that we didnt get him signed up over a year ago after the cup final it was plain to see he was going to be a big player :rifle:


There’s nothing we can do about Hickey. Just the way of the world.

 

But yes, our recruitment is unforgivably bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lost in space

Thanks to the OP. Don't think we had realised.........

Not enough face-palms on the whole Internet.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ronald Villiers

I don't want it to happen but Hickey needs to move on if he wants to continue making progress.  He needs stretched by getting taken out of his comfort zone and put up against the UK's best.  He won't develop playing in the Championship.  I'd love him to stay for a year though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
glynnlondon
55 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It was. Whether it still is remains to be seen. 

 

This

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deevers

 Can’t we just wait and see what arrives in the post Levein era before going off on one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leveins Battalion

It has been done to death on here,the TV,the papers and every level of social media.

 

Everybody is aware we have been utterly atrocious in the recruitment department.Let's what this new era brings in.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wattie exploited
2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

 Can’t we just wait and see what arrives in the post Levein era before going off on one.

do you think Jim Jefferys will be in charge  of people leaving and if we are going to hold out for some money  for people like washinton  or uche :rifle:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Selkirkhmfc1874

Topic been done to death ! New start with Robbie and JJ now though so no point going over old ground 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboGraham

“Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

Naismith was signed. 

 

Boyce looks decent especially for Championship. 

 

Souttar unfortunate with injuries. Clare looks like a prospect. Haring back is a game changer for this squad. 

 

Craig Gordon should help bring better leadership. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Homme

The last time it wasn't shit was when Neilsonn was gaffer. 

 

So quit crowing about the past and stuff every Hearts fan knows and start looking forward. 

 

The man who oversaw all of those signings has gone and we still have a CEO who has a track record of backing each manager to the hilt with regards to getting in the players they want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leveins Battalion
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Naismith was signed. 

 

Boyce looks decent especially for Championship. 

 

Souttar unfortunate with injuries. Clare looks like a prospect. Haring back is a game changer for this squad. 

 

Craig Gordon should help bring better leadership. 

 

 

All the players you have mentioned are quality.

 

Changes are afoot,hopefully that includes signing players who haven't had career threatening injuries and not kicked a ball for nearly 3 years!!

 

Or handing out 3 and 4 year deals to players that haven't earned it.

 

We are selling ourselfs short imo,we should be scouting young players from all over Europe.

Edited by Leveins Battalion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rick Sanchez

:rifle:

 

Pew pew pew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...