Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Laddies no a bad player. 

Sign 'im, quick.  JJ needs to convince him there are decent turkish barbers about edinburgh, job done.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

The new Sir Paul (the hobo slayer) Hartley - bit of dig great passer - turns up in the box 

Hard to tell from the footage. I always try and imagine the player in A YouTube clip doing what they are, against the better sides in our country. The defenders in the first few clips were horseshit, and Celtic or even Hibs defenders or any side in the top two divisions here would be all over him with that first touch and how long he needs to get a shot off. He’d need to be sharper than that. Ability is there though.

Best part of the clip is the commentator saying “oh that’s just a touch wide... oh it’s been knocked in?” :lol:

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

Rogue Daddy
5 hours ago, Effervesance said:

This boy is here for a trial from Monday. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rassambek_Akhmatov

Knocked back Ross County to come here and has other options in Austria.

Just watched the clips... looks a player, right enough! Very composed and looking for the killer pass... Boycey would have a field day!

26 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Mate, apologies it was first thing in the morning and I was just starting work. We will wait and see but yes JJ is better when it comes to looking at players. 

No probs. I’ve learned with the likes of Hartley and, in particular Colin Cameron there are diamonds out there when your initial impression is meh!

31 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Mate, apologies it was first thing in the morning and I was just starting work. We will wait and see but yes JJ is better when it comes to looking at players. 

No need to apologise. Lets have a closer look at players before committing to anything. We've had such a high player turnover so it's understandable that folk get very sceptical. 

As I said, plenty of time to get folk in. Looks a handy player in the YouTube video but then again we've been stung by that before. 

2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Burns just doesn't have the pace to play full back. He will give you 100% and seems to have the heart of a lion. He's still young and hopefully we can find a position for him, however the early signs are not all that encouraging. 

I am not sure we should be looking for a position for him rather he should be so good that we want to play him.

Like a number of Levein signings the guy lacks pace and if you don't have that then you need other attributes like a lot of skill and perhaps a bit of height.

Unfortunately he has none of those. As you say though he is still young but he is not going to grow any taller or get any quicker so for me I would be looking to either loan him out again or move him on.

6 hours ago, Effervesance said:

This boy is here for a trial from Monday. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rassambek_Akhmatov

Knocked back Ross County to come here and has other options in Austria.

From info on transfermarkt, looks like he is represented by the same agency as Prince Buaben, so that makes a bit of sense if they offered him to RN and he wants to take a look. With the limits on training due to COVID, it does make me wonder how easy it would be to judge a player on trial until we actually progress to friendlies, which I imagine isn't until late August/September?

Edited by AmeriDan

HillmanHearts

The dreaded YouTube!

Thought we were going back to old school methods hence bringing in JJ.

Just about anyone can get a bunch of clips together and look good.

With the obvious exception of Damour who looked pish on YouTube and lived up to that in the flesh.

Despite all that, this boy does looks quite handy 😊

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

He doesn't bother me in the slightest. I find it more humerous.

But apparently you're only allowed an opinion on his ITK nonsense if it's positive. And you're also "stupid" and a "dick" if you don't buy into his posts too.

But if you have him on ignore you won't need to worry about your replies being positive/negative and you won't be called "stupid " or a "dick".

1 minute ago, HillmanHearts said:

The dreaded YouTube!

Thought we were going back to old school methods hence bringing in JJ.

Just about anyone can get a bunch of clips together and look good.

With the obvious exception of Damour who looked pish on YouTube and lived up to that in the flesh.

Despite all that, this boy does looks quite handy 😊

But you know it's fans looking at the YouTube and we're not deciding, right?

Levein had been after Damour for years!

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

But you know it's fans looking at the YouTube and we're not deciding, right?

Levein had been after Damour for years!

Only he knows why.

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

That's a bit of a cop out. Comments are there to be commented on, you’ve had a go at plenty in the past. 

I haven't copped out anything.

I'm merely suggesting a possible remedy if he doesn't relish the posts.

I read them but also have enough savvy to know that even when a tip is 100% correct, it doesn't always result in a signing.  I think the vermin found this out with Lafferty.

Auld Reekin'
2 hours ago, Robbo Is God said:

Good range of passing. Moves the ball quickly. Comfortable with both feet, looks good in these clips. However, my favourite part of the video is about a minute in, when the commentator says "oh it's just missed wide..........oh nope it's knocked in" 😂😂😂 brilliant!! 

He actually looked very right-footed to me - quite a few of his "killer" passes were played with the outside of his right, rather than his left - but maybe I wasn't paying enough attention*.

Don't have a problem with a "one-footed" player, as such, as long as their overall game is decent and they are tricky enough with their preferred foot to get out of trouble and create space for themselves. (It didn't noticeably handicap Stevie Fulton, or Rudi Skacel!  :whistling: ) 

On the strength of the video, this guy would seem to fit the bill, but we need much more than video evidence for our signings from now on.

(*So I'd probably have been a perfect fit for a scouting role under the previous regime!   :ermm:)

Edited by Auld Reekin'

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Sign 'im, quick.  JJ needs to convince him there are decent turkish barbers about edinburgh, job done.

Looks abit like Gomis in the middle. Plays at his own pace, brilliant to watch when they hit form. Could be a great find 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Only he knows why.

Damour has something and still has a future in my opinion. But he needs to improve his decision making

1 hour ago, AmeriDan said:

From info on transfermarkt, looks like he is represented by the same agency as Prince Buaben, so that makes a bit of sense if they offered him to RN and he wants to take a look. With the limits on training due to COVID, it does make me wonder how easy it would be to judge a player on trial until we actually progress to friendlies, which I imagine isn't until late August/September?

They'll be playing XI v XI's at Riccarton I'd imagine. 

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Damour has something and still has a future in my opinion. But he needs to improve his decision making

So all he has to do as a 28/29 player is change his DM process on the park 🙄

Yeah thats is likely to happen, good shout 🤪🤯

Just now, GavK1012 said:

He was a good player for Cardiff and had cracking games for us v Rangers and Hibs. So clearly more than capable. 

His attitude and fitness seem to be his downside.

It looks as if he won't be at Hearts next season anyway. 

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

He needs to be coached to do that. A good coach will help, slowly but surely and with positivity he can

Just now, Cruyff said:

He was a good player for Cardiff and had cracking games for us v Rangers and Hibs. So clearly more than capable. 

His attitude and fitness seem to be his downside.

It looks as if he won't be at Hearts next season anyway. 

🤞 we are now passed 'projects' and jam tomorrow mindset, look where thats got us 🙄

Get him to #&@€ and lets get bodies with talent and application please...

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

He needs to be coached to do that. A good coach will help, slowly but surely and with positivity he can

Mate, we are now in the 2nd tier with players of his mindset and application.

At his age, its fair to say, he is who is is, type thing. Days of us looking for project players are hopefully going to be less likely than under Levein. He can get 'coached' elsewhere at 29 years old to improve, thanks....

Edited by GavK1012
Typo

Nice to see the regular hide and seek champions coming back on the forum now that a few things I have posted didn't come off. Butcher was in talks, sure plenty others are aware of that. DU not selling him though. Some people clearly have forgotten that we are in the middle of a pandemic and the football market in particular is a mess at the moment. Not to mention the fact we didn't know what league we would be in, some players are interested if in the top league, some interested if we are in the championship. We found out 3 days ago the outcome of our appeal and as such things have changed. If you feel the need to call me out for the fact there's a virus affecting our budgets, squad  staff and future then I must apologise for the outbreak.

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Mate, we are now in the 2nd tier with players of his mindset and application.

At his age, its fair to say, he is who is is, type thing. Days of us looking for project players are hopefully going to be less likely than under Levein. He can get 'coached' elsewhere at 29 years old to improve, thanks....

I thought the same till I saw him controlling it v Celtic. Then I thought there's a player there, he has an edge he's a defensive mid that's maybe not bad. At times he plays when he shouldn't, in our game playing out from the back is asking for trouble, but that's an easy fix. Aside from that good player in a bad team in my opinion 

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Nice to see the regular hide and seek champions coming back on the forum now that a few things I have posted didn't come off. Butcher was in talks, sure plenty others are aware of that. DU not selling him though. Some people clearly have forgotten that we are in the middle of a pandemic and the football market in particular is a mess at the moment. Not to mention the fact we didn't know what league we would be in, some players are interested if in the top league, some interested if we are in the championship. We found out 3 days ago the outcome of our appeal and as such things have changed. If you feel the need to call me out for the fact there's a virus affecting our budgets, squad  staff and future then I must apologise for the outbreak.

So we met Dundee Uniteds valuation and entered talks?

If not how did we enter talks?

6 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

We talked with his agent, to see if interested or not. He was interested which is when we approached Dundee United they rejected our first bid, we asked for an acceptance price and were told he wasn't for sale.

Adam_the_legend
15 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

You can’t really blame the pandemic or our legal situation. You posted what you did in July so not sure how you can now blame the pandemic for changing outcomes when we were in the middle of it at the time of your original post. I probably wouldn’t use the signing emoji unless a player has actually signed...

7 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

You can’t really blame the pandemic or our legal situation. You posted what you did in July so not sure how you can now blame the pandemic for changing outcomes when we were in the middle of it at the time of your original post. I probably wouldn’t use the signing emoji unless a player has actually signed...

Nicholson had our contract just needed to sign it. Early suggestions indicated he would. 

I did my post in July before any arbitration or any news was actually made clear. Things change and evidently did change

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

You would speak to his agent, get an idea. 

Conon sense Tbh. 

C'mon it's not football manager. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Dodged a bullet - referees would card him every week in maroon 

When I watched him he was lucky to stay in the park. 

Not a good midfielder. 

Tennant's  6's
20 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Dodged a bullet - referees would card him every week in maroon 

He'd be a stick on to get booked, actually most of our players will no doubt get special attention from the refs.

He is the type of player that we need in  the middle of the park, although preferably we sign someone who is better on the ball & can add something constructive to our play, rather than just a guy who smashes into opposition players

BackOfTheNet
5 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Laddies no a bad player. 

My question would be how can someone born in Russia and playing in the US not have work permit issues? He’s 24 and never played for the national team. He’s either got Russian and/or US citizenship so unless there’s a granny with acceptable citizenship he has gained a passport from I’m not even sure how signing him can be possible.

My nephew was telling me last night that daz claimed Neil McCann was going to be our new manager previously? Hope he is wrong.Neil is a close family friend and this was never on the cards.Apologies if the little rascal is winding me up.

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

My question would be how can someone born in Russia and playing in the US not have work permit issues? He’s 24 and never played for the national team. He’s either got Russian and/or US citizenship so unless there’s a granny with acceptable citizenship he has gained a passport from I’m not even sure how signing him can be possible.

Think he's got a French passport. 

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Brought up in France was he not? 

3 minutes ago, Hendolad said:

My nephew was telling me last night that daz claimed Neil McCann was going to be our new manager previously? Hope he is wrong.Neil is a close family friend and this was never on the cards.Apologies if the little rascal is winding me up.

I can assure you and your 'nephew' it was a very very real possibility.  Levein was going back upstairs with McCann as Head coach

4 minutes ago, Hendolad said:

He has had more than one chat/interview in last 9 months so unless she was just wasting time there was definitely something in it. 

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, primrose said:

Brought up in France was he not? 

No idea. Just saw he was Russian born and playing in the US. Although with the whole exit from the EU thing happening, what is that meaning for work permits etc?

Leveins Battalion
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You would speak to his agent, get an idea. 

Conon sense Tbh. 

C'mon it's not football manager. 

Aye you believe that,I'll remain unconvinced.

john thomas
7 minutes ago, Hendolad said:

There must be 2 Neil McCanns

14 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

I can assure you and your 'nephew' it was a very very real possibility.  Levein was going back upstairs with McCann as Head coach

According to Neil he threw his hat into the ring and had an informal discussion but he knew himself it was never realistic.Hence the never on the cards.

Is my nephew wrong about you claiming he was our new manager? 

Edited by Hendolad

1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

You  say Butcher was in talks , Robbie says no approach was made . 

People can make their own mind on it . 

No harm done whatever the truth is . 

3 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

No probs. I’ve learned with the likes of Hartley and, in particular Colin Cameron there are diamonds out there when your initial impression is meh!

Tbf mate, theres no many as polished as them two.

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Aye you believe that,I'll remain unconvinced.

I believe clubs talk to agents, yes. 

I believe most players will have options other than us and may consider us before choosing another. 

I also believe for any player we get, we've probably looked at another 5 in some shape or form .

I don't really "anything" individual rumours, but understand some come off, some don't, some will be shite. 

Find it interesting on a football transfer thread either way. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, ramrod said:

You  say Butcher was in talks , Robbie says no approach was made . 

People can make their own mind on it . 

No harm done whatever the truth is . 

The only harm would have been done  if he had  signed. 

Complete cart horse. 

If we were to sign anyone from Dundee United. I would prefer the boy Paul Mcmullan bags of pace and effective at championship level. 

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Time will tell and we will see what Robbie thinks of him sson enough. He gives the ball away far too easily for and is too slow to react for our game in my opinion.

Assuming he tries and gets in the starting team in the Championship he might well do a job and playing regularly could help his confidence.

upgotheheads
7 hours ago, Dazo said:

Yep getting highly paid under performers our is more important. It will be interesting to see who RN likes though and what extra he can get out of them. Certainly most are no way as bad as they showed under the last two managers. 

Over the years I've been watching football it seems to me that most successful teams have a core of half a dozen hard working, competitive journeymen who rarely get noticed, mostly because they rarely make mistakes, think Djoum, Smith, Jon McLaughlin amongst few successes.  On the other hand we've had too many fancy Dans whos self-belief outweighs their ability, think most of our signings over the last three years, too many of them loan players from big English clubs.