Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

13 minutes ago, indianajones said:

If anyone uses the flashscore app, have a look at our playing squad. They may have given away our next signing. 

Irish striker. Not too sure about him myself...

Yeah that list is very wrong. 

No Haring, no Lee, no Cochrane, no Doyle... 

grumpyespana
11 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Then he’ll need some cover at CB. Yes Smith can play there but if he is in to play RWB then he’ll have Berra, Halkett and Souttar as the 3 CB’s meaning only Hamilton in reserve in case of injury or suspension. And if that will be the back 3 for the love of god make sure Berra is in the centre and not the left.

You have to remember that its not La Liga we are playing in its the Scottish championship lads lol.

10 minutes ago, RDSK said:

From Hearts media content it looks as though Connor Washington has been back in training this week. 

Was at training on Tuesday

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/liam-fox-leaving-hearts-andy-kirk-offered-new-role-2940896

Hearts coach Liam Fox is leaving the club as part of a backroom restructure, with Andy Kirk offered a role with the women’s team.

Lee McCulloch and Gordon Forrest arrived at Tynecastle from Dundee United yesterday and will assist manager Robbie Neilson at first-team level.

Fox, who finished last season coaching Hearts reserves, is to move on as there will be no reserve league in Scotland this term.

Kirk was working with the first team under Neilson’s predecessor, Daniel Stendel, but has now been offered a different job working with Hearts Women. He is currently mulling over the decision.

John Rankin will continue in charge of Hearts Under-18s this season. He could also help out at friendly matches organised for players on the fringes of the senior squad.

Fox’s departure will end his five-year spell at Riccarton, during which he coached youth and senior players. He joined as under-17 coach in 2015 and also worked with the under-20s before stepping up to first-team coach last season.

He was named head coach of Hearts’ reserve side in December 2019. The lack of a reserve league amid coronavirus restrictions means his role has effectively become redundant.

By Barry Anderson

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Monday - Roberts in

Tuesday - Doyle out

Wednesday - Coaches confirmed

Thursday - ?

Friday - ?

Don't know if anything else will happen this week, but if I had to guess I’d say today will be the announcement of the new backup keeper that will have everyone reaching for their Alan Partridge shrug gifs and (hopefully) tomorrow Hickey’s departure has fee/contract clause announced.

I have a feeling the new backup keeper will be quite interesting

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hands up who googled him 🙈, I’m just up ffs 😆

No!  :rofl: Although it did take me awhile to figure out how to change it from scottish cup to total squad, thanks from the tip I got here 😛 .  Out of date nonsense :) 

1 hour ago, The_razors_edge said:

He spent a lot of time as a football development officer over here in Fife. He then moved to New Zealand to coach the women’s national under 17’s or 20’s. He then moved to Canada to coach (can’t remember who for). Then he returned here. His daughter plays football for the same club as my daughter and we train and play at the same time so I see him quite a lot. He’s a sound bloke

I was reading that - not your typical Scottish coach. Will see how it pans out 

19 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Never heard of him.

Jon Daly... Was interim manager a while back, was on our coaching staff for a couple of years. Ex Dundee Utd striker.

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hands up who googled him 🙈, I’m just up ffs 😆

Threw me too. I was like I've heard of him but how.... 😂

Here's a funny headline to balance out the shock news about the coaches:

Swiss club involved in Florian Kamberi deal set to rival Hibs in chase for Rangers' McCrorie

The Super League runners-up gave Kamberi his Hibs exit and now want another player from the Premiership

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-rangers-mccrorie-st-gallen-18761519

It basically says St. Gallen are offering a loan move but Rangers want a straight deal out.  St. Gallen can offer European football after finishing 2nd in the league.

Just now, HMFC01 said:

Here's a funny headline to balance out the shock news about the coaches:

Swiss club involved in Florian Kamberi deal set to rival Hibs in chase for Rangers' McCrorie

The Super League runners-up gave Kamberi his Hibs exit and now want another player from the Premiership

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-rangers-mccrorie-st-gallen-18761519

It basically says St. Gallen are offering a loan move but Rangers want a straight deal out.  St. Gallen can offer European football after finishing 2nd in the league.

Really don't want him to go to Hibs. He'd be one of their best players before long and they will make money off him. 

If there's no reserve league this season then I can understand why we won't be having reserve coaches. It's a harsh business at times but at the end of the day it's business

16 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Football is a brutal business at times.

Life is brutal, its not just football..I feel for Andy in a way but he has been offered a full time job in football...head down, do a good job and opportunities may arise...

BackOfTheNet
31 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

You have to remember that its not La Liga we are playing in its the Scottish championship lads lol.

Yes, which I’ve said before we shouldn’t assume anything about. But my point is if you’ve got your only 3 CB’s all in the 1st XI and one gets injured (as is the norm) then Hamilton has to come in if you want to stick to that formation. And if there’s another injury or suspension then you put Smith or Haring back there? But then you need to occupy the positions they’ve left, so say Brandon is RWB as Smith is playing CB, but he gets sent off and is suspended for two games, who you playing at RWB? Ikpeazu? Irving? We’ve had too much of square pegs in round holes, of Neilson wants a particular formation he needs to have the guys that can occupy the roles in that formation and sufficient backup. It’s just basic common sense.

I would like to know who decided to award Kirk, Gallacher, Brandon, Henderson and Moore new contracts. Surely not Daniel Stendel?

BackOfTheNet
20 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I have a feeling the new backup keeper will be quite interesting

Gut feeling or something more? 🤔 Not expecting much as they’re due in as backup.

tartofmidlothian

Is it strange or not that Kirk hasn't been offered a junior role with the first team? Clearly the club want to keep him.

Unless it's manager of the women's team, that would be a good one for the CV.

2 minutes ago, biffy said:

Ross Stewart the keeper from livi on loan according to the record 

Hearts are set to complete a swoop for Livingston goalkeeper Ross Stewart, writes Fraser Wilson.

The Jambos allowed experienced shotstopper Colin Doyle to move on loan to Kilmarnock earlier this week but Robbie Neilson wants to run with three recognised first team keepers this season.

Now he’s close to completing a loan deal to take Stewart - third choice at Livi - to Tynecastle to compete with Craig Gordon and Bobby Zlamal for the number one shirt.

Stewart spent the second part of last season on loan at Queen of the South and has made only 11 top team appearances for Livingston since signing from St Mirren two years ago.

The 25-year-old made his name at Albion Rovers after coming through the ranks at Motherwell.

Now he’s set to move to Hearts with a deal expected to be confirmed in the next 24 hours

Just now, Newton51 said:

Hearts are set to complete a swoop for Livingston goalkeeper Ross Stewart, writes Fraser Wilson.

The Jambos allowed experienced shotstopper Colin Doyle to move on loan to Kilmarnock earlier this week but Robbie Neilson wants to run with three recognised first team keepers this season.

Now he’s close to completing a loan deal to take Stewart - third choice at Livi - to Tynecastle to compete with Craig Gordon and Bobby Zlamal for the number one shirt.

Stewart spent the second part of last season on loan at Queen of the South and has made only 11 top team appearances for Livingston since signing from St Mirren two years ago.

The 25-year-old made his name at Albion Rovers after coming through the ranks at Motherwell.

Now he’s set to move to Hearts with a deal expected to be confirmed in the next 24 hours

Random wonder why we don't just go with Stone.

tartofmidlothian
5 minutes ago, biffy said:

Ross Stewart the keeper from livi on loan according to the record 

Where in the Record? Can't see it.

1 minute ago, steve123 said:

Random wonder why we don't just go with Stone.

Stone will go out on loan. With no reserve league football he needs to be playing games if he is to progress. Can go to a part time team to play and still train with us 

12 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Can’t believe this at all. A 17 year old demanding game time in Serie A. I’d be shaking his hand and showing him the door.

Nicola wouldn't like that. Touching elbows more like lol.

7 minutes ago, bazman said:

Stone will go out on loan. With no reserve league football he needs to be playing games if he is to progress. Can go to a part time team to play and still train with us 

fair point will be good for him to play every week

rudi must stay

Like the sound of Stewart. QoS ain't a bad team and he'll be motivated, these are the type of signings that make a squad 

12 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

Expect the Washington move to Charlton to be rubber stamped in the next 48 hours.

👍 https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/conor-washingtons-transfer-hearts-charlton-athletic-poised-go-through-2940980

Conor Washington’s transfer from Hearts to Charlton Athletic is poised to go through by the weekend and could be done in a matter of hours.

The Northern Ireland striker has agreed terms with the London club but they are embroiled in a power struggle and need permission from the English Football League to sign new players.

They have submitted a request to register Washington which should see the deal completed today if everything goes to plan.

His departure would save Hearts a substantial salary given he is one of the highest earners at Tynecastle Park.

Hearts and Charlton agreed the terms of Washington’s transfer last month, however friction within the hierarchy at The Valley delayed the move.

East Street Investments, the club owners, chairman Paul Elliot and his lawyer Chris Farnell have been indispute over ownership, prompting the EFL to investigate.

An independent panel is looking into the matter and consequently Charlton must get new players ratified by the league.

That is now set to happen with the arrival of Washington. The 28-year-old has one year left on his Hearts contract but manager Robbie Neilson is willing to let him leave.

He arrived in Edinburgh last summer but was hindered by injury during the 2019/20 campaign. Following Hearts’ relegation, he is now set for a switch to England’s League One.

Washington previously played for Sheffield United, Queens Park Rangers, Peterborough United, Newport County and St Ives Town. He holds 21 Northern Ireland caps.

heartsfc_fan

I think Stone is injured. The other young keeper (Mason) left so with Doyle also gone makes sense to get somebody else in.

3 minutes ago, RickDeckard said:

Barry Anderson saying Connor Washington on verge of joining Charlton.

Has he been reading Kickback again?

12 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Has he been reading Kickback again?

Washington? Yeah, think so. I believe that’s why he’s leaving.

Leveins Battalion

Happy enough with Ross Stewart signing,a steady keeper in for understudy after the  Zlamal/Perreira/Doyle Axis of pish.:vrface:

2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Huge insult for A day Kirk

Get what your saying,but he’s surplus to requirements in the first team , it’s an opportunity for him to try something different, may want to continue in the mans game so tho? Difficult time looking for a new job for anyone 

tartofmidlothian
3 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Maybe not where he wants to be, but it's a job in football, hardly an insult.

6 minutes ago, McCrae said:

He would have been the reserve team manager but as there’s no reserve team he’s been offered a full time job.

Leveins Battalion
Just now, MTS1874 said:

He would have been the reserve team manager but as there’s no reserve team he’s been offered a full time job.

Yeah,we have also had more coaches than Parks of Hamilton the last few years.

Looks like we are stripping the 1st team back to Robbie,McCulloch and Forrest,Gallagher GK coach.

More than enough.