Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

my memory is getting goosed, who else from Utd & City, I take it your not including Michael Stewart.

Piererra, Mitchell, Stewart(??)

Smith-Brown

Randall, Ngoo

Meshino

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

2 hours ago, David Black said:

I agree with you on many points there. It should not be forgotten how we got where we are. Putting Doncaster and the SPFL corruption to one side, it would not have mattered if we had not been bottom in the first place and that is ultimately the fault of the entire board of directors. This should not be forgotten. Do we think that those responsible for getting us into  this mess, costing us millions, can get us out. If results don't go to plan and we are again struggling who on that board will step up and take some action. They didn't last season. I would hope some new individuals will seek election this year, LD and JJ being two. You just need to look at how both the FOH and Club boards are set up. With the exception of Garry Halliday, they are either financial or legal, not an experienced football person amongst them. The balance just isn't right.  

You seem determined to take this off topic.  It is about the transfer window.

PS - Whether the balance is right or not, they were voted in ie that was the balance folk voted for.

8 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

my memory is getting goosed, who else from Utd & City, I take it your not including Michael Stewart.

Smith-Brown

Randall, Ngoo

I would take Mitchell. Talented player. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Smith-Brown

Randall, Ngoo

Why wouldn’t I include Michael Stewart, another duff Levein signing. Smith-Brown waste of money, Meshino, not suited to our game. Randall and Ngoo average at best. These clubs won’t send us players that they think are capable of playing at a higher level, as most of these guys have proven. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

I would take Mitchell. Talented player. 

Chicken hearted big time Charlie, show pony, apart from that goal against the mighty St Johnstone and a bit of skill at Motherwell what else did he do in 29 games?

Out of contract for two months, no takers. 

EPL clubs don't send us their top talent. The good ones go to English Championship clubs. We get the shite that won't go on to anything good.

Rangers and Celtic get good ones because they can potentially spend the millions to buy the player if all goes well.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Amazing how highly he was touted, had his own website etc 🤣

Nobody signed for £1m will make it into the current Man City squad never mind team. Wonder who he will go on loan to this season. 

57 minutes ago, David Black said:

I should have clarified a bit better. Garry Halliday has a building company. He has no football background as such but the point I was trying to make is that he is the only one who is neither legal or finance. A better balance is all that I am saying is what is required including someone who has an insight as to how a football club should be run. AB has admitted she has/had no knowledge and neither had any of the rest . 

That was years ago she said that ffs. 

When my son was born I had no knowledge about bringing a child up, after 6 years that wasn't the case.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Nobody signed for £1m will make it into the current Man City squad never mind team. Wonder who he will go on loan to this season. 

While I agree with what you say, I'd be surprised if he could not shine in the Championship - if we loaned him again - but there are the wages to consider

23 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

PS - Whether the balance is right or not, they were voted in ie that was the balance folk voted for.

My response was regarding I8hibsh comment regarding nothing has changed at the club. I agree it is nothing to do with the transfer window, but his post was on this topic, hence my reply on this topic. At the last AGM 2 directors were indeed re-elected due to the fact no one stood against them. No doubt other directors will be up for re-election this year, if so I am hoping someone will stand against them. And before you suggest I should therefor stand around 10 days after the AGM I will be 75. A tad to old I'm sure you will agree. I am also sure many have drifted off the subject matter over the years.

Edited by David Black

4 minutes ago, graygo said:

When my son was born I had no knowledge about bringing a child up, after 6 years that wasn't the case.

Well going by the last 2 seasons she and the board have not learnt much. After 6 years they should have and that is no longer an excuse. I am not sticking up for her on this issue, far from it. 

10 minutes ago, graygo said:

Fair point point well made.

14 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

EPL clubs don't send us their top talent. The good ones go to English Championship clubs. We get the shite that won't go on to anything good.

Rangers and Celtic get good ones because they can potentially spend the millions to buy the player if all goes well.

James Maddison?

20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Chicken hearted big time Charlie, show pony, apart from that goal against the mighty St Johnstone and a bit of skill at Motherwell what else did he do in 29 games?

Out of contract for two months, no takers. 

Whilst I agree to a point I don’t really judge left backs on goals scored.

I think he definitely contributed first time round when we had him but was poor the second time.

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

James Maddison?

Norwich were in the championship I think when they got him.

Might be wrong though.

56 minutes ago, AndyMcI said:

I think what happens with Damour could also depend on what our proposed formation will be.

For example in a 442 if he were to be asked to be the creative or box to box central midfielder I don't think that plays to his strengths.

But, if we were to play 4231 with Damour and (if fit) Haring sitting to be combatitive, break up play and with the task of protecting and then allowing the full backs to push on and give the front 4 a bigger freedom to go and constantly attack (say 2 wingers and Naismith in behind Boyce - he could join him at times to make 2 in the box) then I think it could be a different story.

A reoccurring theme in recent years is either we ask players to do jobs that IMO they arent good at doing, or play them in positions they arent good at or in formations they dont seem comfortable playing.

Overall we need to either pick a formation to suit the players we have and make sure we put people in correct positions with jobs they are capable of, or, we pick a formation and we then have to succeed in offloading those who do not fit and get players in who do.

This applies to Berra too IMO. Maybe in a back 3 would be ok or a deep lying back 4 but if we expect to be dominating play and press with a high back 4 then absolutely not.

Strategy and formations should have have a huge impact on who stays and goes.

He's definitely a defensive midfielder. As I said v Hibs and Rangers last season he was breaking up play brilliantly, tracking players, blocking passing lanes. He wasn't very fit though, certainly not as fit as he could have been. If he's happy to be here and wants to play, he could be a good player for us. 

Personally I think we'll play 4-2-3-1/4-4-2 or 4-3-3.

That said 3-4-3 is coming back with Arsenal, Chelsea, Wolves and others playing it so it might be something we do.

Either way we seem to be looking for 2 players for each position or each role. Although I'm sure there will still be loads of changes to this, it's a strong squad. 

GK Gordon/Zlamal/Stone

RB M. Smith/Brandon/Logan

CB Souttar/Halkett/Berra/Hamilton

LB Garuccio/White

DM Haring/Damour,

CM Lee/Cochrane/Irving/C. Smith

WG Moore/Possibly Frear/Roberts/McDonald

FW Naismith/Walker/Wighton/Henderson

ST Boyce/Uche

Edited by Cruyff

7 minutes ago, David Black said:

Well going by the last 2 seasons she and the board have not learnt much. After 6 years they should have and that is no longer an excuse. I am not sticking up for her on this issue, far from it. 

The last 2 seasons where she has backed the managers with the finance to build the squad they wanted? 

She should probably have dumped Levein earlier than she did but people use that to make sweeping statements about how nothing they have done has any merit.

It's wrong and it's lazy.

39 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Smith-Brown

Randall, Ngoo

Weren't they loans from Liverpool?

Paul McCallum was another hopeless loan (from West Ham)!

3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

and Chouley (Stoke I think)

9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He's definitely a defensive midfielder. As I said v Hibs and Rangers last season he was breaking up play brilliantly, tracking players, blocking passing lanes. He wasn't very fit though, certainly not as fit as he could have been. If he's happy to be here and wants to play, he could be a good player for us. 

Personally I think we'll play 4-2-3-1/4-4-2 or 4-3-3.

That said 3-4-3 is coming back with Arsenal, Chelsea, Wolves and others playing it so it might be something we do.

Either way we seem to be looking for 2 players for each position or each role. Although I'm sure there will still be loads of changes to this, it's a strong squad. 

GK Gordon/Zlamal/Stone

RB M. Smith/Brandon/Logan

CB Souttar/Halkett/Berra/Hamilton

LB Garuccio/White

DM Haring/Damour,

CM Lee/Cochrane/Irving/C. Smith

WG Moore/Possibly Frear/Roberts/McDonald

FW Naismith/Walker/Wighton/Henderson

ST Boyce/Uche

Looking at that I'd love to see us cash in Uche and get someone better

11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

😃

I don't know what's worse: going off topic or replying to I8hibsh😄

Or turning a blind eye to all that has gone wrong over the last 2/3 years. 

21 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Norwich were in the championship I think when they got him.

Might be wrong though.

Ah I think you're right. 

Still, shows we can source some good talent up here. Just a case of finding them and convincing them they can play here and get 1st team fitba.

Leveins Battalion
13 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Looking at that I'd love to see us cash in Uche and get someone better

Uche is better than Wighton and Henderson though.🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Smith-Brown

Randall, Ngoo

Ngoo Randall came from Liverpool 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

22 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

😃

I don't know what's worse: going off topic or replying to I8hibsh😄

Who made you forum moderator? 

30 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

James Maddison?

Brandon Barker sort of the same level though Maddison has become a real talent. 

We can get good players up here. But like Aberdeen losing Maddison the very good ones go quickly. 

The only club we should be trying to get loan players from in England are Chelsea. Best academy over the last 15 or so years by a mile. 

18 minutes ago, graygo said:

The last 2 seasons where she has backed the managers with the finance to build the squad they wanted? 

She should probably have dumped Levein earlier than she did but people use that to make sweeping statements about how nothing they have done has any merit.

It's wrong and it's lazy.

In my case everything they have done from coming out of administration to now has been terrific and we should all be grateful for that, however on the single issue of the football side of the business the board have failed. They have certainly backed the managers, but let things drift far to easily and were , shall we say, naive as to where the money was going and the result of that expenditure. As a club we are in a completely different place now in the championship as opposed to the last time. Then we had a complete rebuild throughout every department and still had the issue of the old stand. Thanks to the way AB has ran the club all that has been sorted. The only issue now is the football department which when you consider we are a football club seems ridiculous. 

4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Uche is better than Wighton and Henderson though.🤷‍♂️

Probably on at least double the amount of money as them also. 

1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Hibs bidding 200k for Ross McCrorie from Rangers. We should be involved in that imo, would be a good signing. 

Can't say I've ever thought he was anything but shite anytime I've seen him.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

All rumours, some sources decent others not so ; 

offer made to Frear

keeper coming in this week

kingsley rejected our initial offer, second improved offer made 

trying to offload and replace many more than he is saying 

Time will tell

Pity we can't get rid of some :lol:

Pretty much all along the same lines as I've heard. Not had any info on a keeper though. Said it before, it's a waste of funds in my opinion.

28 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Christ, he was by far the worst (of the outfield players) anyway. 🤣

13 minutes ago, David Black said:

No one is turning a blind eye to anything but this is the transfer news thread. Let that sink in then start your own thread if you want to continually bore the life out of people. 

14 minutes ago, David Black said:

Yes but we've had loads of threads on that, many start and fuelled by infiltrators.  I'd be surprised if most readers would prefer to hearabout transfers on this thread rather than the usual well worn shit.

4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

No one is turning a blind eye to anything but this is the transfer news thread. Let that sink in then start your own thread if you want to continually bore the life out of people. 

Well said.

if Hibs do sign McCrorie though that will be almost £500k splashed out on transfer fees. Not bad for a club that was pleading poverty and having to make big cutbacks just a month ago.

🤔

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

if Hibs do sign McCrorie though that will be almost £500k splashed out on transfer fees. Not bad for a club that was pleading poverty and having to make big cutbacks just a month ago.

🤔

It strengthens my view that Gordon was trying to use the virus as cover to get rid of people and lower players wages, something he wanted to do before the virus hit.

42 minutes ago, David Black said:

I think we all have our opinion on what has gone wrong and how it should be fixed ... personally I think recruiting RN and JJ to reshape the squad for this season is a positive and a good start.  First time I have felt some positivity for a few years. 

Tokyo Drifter
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Smith-Brown

Randall, Ngoo

Och, Mitchell was OK

The Old Tolbooth
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

I believe John Murray and and JJ are full-time on off-loading players. Hiring decisions all being made by Robbie and his lieutenants. 

We'll need to hire a skip to get rid of the amount of shit we have mate! 

39 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

🤔

Scum establishment. Their players are still due 3 months deferred wages. 

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

The loanees from the top EPL clubs we get the chance of are duds seeing out the most lucrative contracts of their careers. I can't think of any we've had who've developed further after they left.

Man City currently have 27 players on loan, Chelsea similar, most of those will never make it, and I doubt playing in the Scottish premier League, never mind the second tier, was ever something they envisaged.

One volunteer is better than ten pressed men.

23 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Och, Mitchell was OK

Mitchell was a funny one. One game he would look like we had a real gem, then next time I'd see him amd wonder why I didn't get picked up by Man Utds youth scheme.

Portable Badger
2 hours ago, graygo said:

Bet you didn’t do the messages, the dishes, or washing, drying & ironing the clothes, running round with hoover, cooking the tea !!!!

😉

1 minute ago, Portable Badger said:

Bet you didn’t do the messages, the dishes, or washing, drying & ironing the clothes, running round with hoover, cooking the tea !!!!

😉

Nope, they were done by a magic fairy obviously. 😁

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Whilst I agree to a point I don’t really judge left backs on goals scored.

I think he definitely contributed first time round when we had him but was poor the second time.

Chances created? Defensively he was all over the place, Tavernier for instance ripped him to shreds every time he faced him.