Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

Being a shite manager lead to him being an easy target then?  He ****ing spunked millions on shite and arrogantly thought he knew best.  Fair enough.  It wasn’t as if they got it wrong.  The guys the reason we are in this position just now when we should be watching games involving us on the tv and have Europe.  A much bigger budget than anyone season after season but shit to show for it. 

Not disputing that, but there have been other managers who have failed and not had the same criticism.

A couple of examples.

Lennon not getting Celtic into the Champions League groups and then getting pumped out of the Europa League by a team with nothing like his player budget.

Gerrard’s Rangers completely losing the advantage they got from beating Celtic before the winter break, by losing far too many points after the break. That run cost Rangers by allowing the SPFL to gift Celtic the title. No trophy since taking over.

Never a peep of doubt or criticism on Sportsound etc about those two. Too scared to.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Have Bologna, Bayern and Villa all made offers to Hearts and agreed our sell on clause etc? I'm not too fussed where he goes as long as it's not to another Scottish club. Going to Bayern's reserves sounds best to me for his long term development. 

But it's a bit odd all these personal terms getting discussed in the media unless he is trying to play one off against the other. I'm not sure he's quite as good as his hype though so will be happy if Hearts get close to £2m and a decent percentage of any future sale.

Good to have several potential buyers. Wonder if we can do more to encourage a bidding war. Sometimes I think we are too nice about wanting the best for our departing player rather than getting the best deal for Hearts.

49 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This doesn't have a ring of truth to it. A 17 year old wth 30 games asking for guaranteed first team football in the Series A? Pull the other one. He's good but is still relatively unproven. Can imagine potential new team-mates reading that... "Play me or I'm off" wouldn't go down too well considering Hickey's age. If true he's being badly advised. He needs to look at Andy Robertson, get his head down and take his chances when they come, not make demands before he's even signed.

Can’t believe this at all. A 17 year old demanding game time in Serie A. I’d be shaking his hand and showing him the door.

12 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Expect the Washington move to Charlton to be rubber stamped in the next 48 hours.

They have signed the other guy they were linked with

4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Some middle aged guy from the forties.

45 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Did Hickey get a proper agent yet / doesn’t seem like it.

And

Robbie has said in his first time here that his ideal formation would be 3-4-3 

Are we getting the squad together to be able to play that?

42 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Maybe wrong but sure Robbie played that at the arabs. More attacking full/wings Backs if you like 

The Malofeyev Principle.

Who'd have thunk it?

16 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Aberdeen new loan striker out for 4 months. Was there a rumour they were looking at boyce?

They are no having much luck the now 🤗🤗

17 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Aberdeen new loan striker out for 4 months. Was there a rumour they were looking at boyce?

1 person on here mentioned it but they wouldn't be able to afford transfer fee with their financial shortcomings 

Portable Badger
24 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Have Bologna, Bayern and Villa all made offers to Hearts and agreed our sell on clause etc? I'm not too fussed where he goes as long as it's not to another Scottish club. Going to Bayern's reserves sounds best to me for his long term development. 

But it's a bit odd all these personal terms getting discussed in the media unless he is trying to play one off against the other. I'm not sure he's quite as good as his hype though so will be happy if Hearts get close to £2m and a decent percentage of any future sale.

Good to have several potential buyers. Wonder if we can do more to encourage a bidding war. Sometimes I think we are too nice about wanting the best for our departing player rather than getting the best deal for Hearts.

You must remember ‘the source’ is quoted as being the Italian media - they’re notorious 

Willie Hamilton genius
1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

Sure, I get that. Should he not just fight for his place though? Instead of seeking written assurances of game time? It’s the “free to find another club” bit that I’d be questioning. 🤔

Out of interest, can anyone tell me if this loan deal with £1.8m fee, means Celtic don’t get their 30% of the fee? It’s been debated on here a bit and I don’t think I’ve seen anything that looked particularly concrete either way. If it is the case, then my hatred for Celtic makes me paranoid and wonder if they are speaking to his dad.

Are there any actual quotes in this article?

It would be extraordinary for a boy so young and inexperienced to be demanding this.

Like you I am a bit paranoid here, but wouldn't put it past Selick to try to scupper any deals to then step in.

Probably just paranoia

Pasquale for King

What a great piece of business getting Craig Gordon has been, as good as any other GK in the country, the two at Ibrox really as I know nothing of the Celtic GK. The overall standard in the top league has regressed to the 1950s. 

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

You must remember ‘the source’ is quoted as being the Italian media - they’re notorious 

Yeah would much rather have our fine upstanding bastions of fairness and well informed quality journalism. 

Pasquale for King
44 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Love it, he’s only there until January. They can’t even afford to pay Jonny Hayes a wage until next summer, doubt they will be buying anyone. They might need to sell one of their 12 CHs before getting another loan striker in at best. 

1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

The free to find another club if game time doesn’t materialise is a bit of a funny one. Could hamper a sell on fee. Anyone know how a clause like that work? With his old man being a Tim, I’d be almost expecting that move being in the back of his mind. Maybe I’m a bit paranoid though. :lol:

Usually means a loan 

I do not see any problem or any kind of arrogance for a 17 year old asking for assurances of first team football after getting promised such.  Get it on the contract, sign it, deal done.  If you're getting offers from bigger clubs you are entitled to be fussy about signing a contract for a club unlikely to win trophies or qualify for Europe.  It's a big league with a lot of competition for success.  It's still a move that could make him, only if he's getting game time.  I think this could go on until near the end of this month.  If we do sell him and get a sizeable transfer, we might be able to buy a player if they really want to.

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Hickey was lucky to get as many games as he did last season with us. Nevermind demanding game time in Seria A 

This, the boy's being horribly managed 

Surely Aberdeen will be looking at Washington for a quick fix.  Only if he's not getting his move down south.  5 figure sum or a loan.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

I do not see any problem or any kind of arrogance for a 17 year old asking for assurances of first team football after getting promised such.  Get it on the contract, sign it, deal done.  If you're getting offers from bigger clubs you are entitled to be fussy about signing a contract for a club unlikely to win trophies or qualify for Europe.  It's a big league with a lot of competition for success.  It's still a move that could make him, only if he's getting game time.  I think this could go on until near the end of this month.  If we do sell him and get a sizeable transfer, we might be able to buy a player if they really want to.

I think Neilson would want to but I think any transfer fee might just go towards a wage bill that’s still larger than most clubs. 

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I agree. I think its quite a sensible request by Hickey or his representatives. Bayern are a fantastic set up and appear to have offered a great oppourtunity, he will play third tier German football but will train with the first team at times. But Bologna saying he will be a first team player, so 2nd choice left back in a top 5 European league is a big offer. But clubs can be often all talk and will say things just to get a player to sign so he could sign for Bologna and find that he is shipped out on loan (they have 22 players out on loan.) So a written agreement shows how serious they are.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I agree. I think its quite a sensible request by Hickey or his representatives. Bayern are a fantastic set up and appear to have offered a great oppourtunity, he will play third tier German football but will train with the first team at times. But Bologna saying he will be a first team player, so 2nd choice left back in a top 5 European league is a big offer. But clubs can be often all talk and will say things just to get a player to sign so he could sign for Bologna and find that he is shipped out on loan (they have 22 players out on loan.) So a written agreement shows how serious they are.

I don't see how any club can make guarantees about being in the first team. You can sign them on first team wages and to be assigned a squad number but that still won't guarantee you game time. I assume that's the different between the Bologna and Bayern offers (assuming it's true) - he'll get a first team squad number and dressing room spot at Bologna but he'll have to earn it at Bayern. Either way, it would be in his hands. Play well enough and with any luck he'll be a first team player at either club. At 17 though, it should really be about continuing to develop for him.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Heart of Darkness
18 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Surely Aberdeen will be looking at Washington for a quick fix.  Only if he's not getting his move down south.  5 figure sum or a loan.

**** that!! You know what would happen if we get them in the cup or even next season!! 🙄

Gordon 

Smith Halkett Souttar 

O’Donnell Haring Irving Kingsley

Walker 

Naisy Boyce 

This would be a brilliant 11 that should be getting 3rd in the Premiership let alone walking the championship. More of a 352 because it is hard to fit Naisy and Boyce in together without going more of an asymmetric formation, which could be something like this

Naisy                                 Roberts

Boyce

With Naisy playing more centrally off the right hand side and Roberts playing more as a winger on the left

Special Agent Dale Cooper
14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I don't see how any club can make guarantees about being in the first team. You can sign them on first team wages and to be assigned a squad number but that still won't guarantee you game time. I assume that's the different between the Bologna and Bayern offers (assuming it's true) - he'll get a first team squad number and dressing room spot at Bologna but he'll have to earn it at Bayern. Either way, it would be in his hands. Play well enough and with any luck he'll be a first team player at either club. At 17 though, it should really be about continuing to develop for him.

Absolutely. To expect written guarantees of being played in a much higher standard of football, which he is entirely unproven at, seems strange.

Horrible feeling he will end up at Celtic, perhaps next season.

Hungry hippo

If the story is correct I suspect Hickey is looking for a clause that says he could leave for a realistic pre agreed fee if certain criteria isn't met within a set period.

If it’s actually true Nesbit wanted to sign for us, I have to admit to being a bit disappointed we didn’t make it happen. For me he falls into the category of a very obvious good signing, exactly the kind we seem to ignore for some reason. I’m sure some will try to argue we dodged a bullet but let’s face it he has probably already scored as many this season than Washington did last and I remember people saying the likes of John McGinn and Shankland wouldn’t have been good signings. 

As for Butcher, I really hope it doesn’t happen. My contact reckons Utd will be very reluctant to do business with us, hope he is correct 

tartofmidlothian
1 hour ago, Heart of Darkness said:

**** that!! You know what would happen if we get them in the cup or even next season!! 🙄

But if he's on loan, that means he can't play against us. Makes sense, if they covered 100% of his wages.

I cannot for one second think that Hickey would consider returning to Celtic knowing that he was unhappy there last time round - Even reserves at Man City , Bayern or wherever would be more attractive option... Personally I believe he would be a fool to move anywhere, as he will not be guaranteed first team football ANYWHERE except Hearts. He's 17 FFS, be patient and hold firm. Go to a big team for multi-millions not a 1-year pay off. Whoever is advising him is doing is doing a terrible job of it. Short-termism is fine for players who carry a dodgy knee or no pace but this lad has the lot...

1 hour ago, tartofmidlothian said:

But if he's on loan, that means he can't play against us. Makes sense, if they covered 100% of his wages.

^Only if a clause is inserted. 

Tbh I would let him go on loan, as long as they're paying his wages. Keeps him happy playing in the Prem for a season, gets him another years experience in the league, and we'll have him back for when we go back up. We shouldn't miss him that much in the Championship and could quite easily sort out a loan of our own to cover for him. 

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

I cannot for one second think that Hickey would consider returning to Celtic knowing that he was unhappy there last time round - Even reserves at Man City , Bayern or wherever would be more attractive option... Personally I believe he would be a fool to move anywhere, as he will not be guaranteed first team football ANYWHERE except Hearts. He's 17 FFS, be patient and hold firm. Go to a big team for multi-millions not a 1-year pay off. Whoever is advising him is doing is doing a terrible job of it. Short-termism is fine for players who carry a dodgy knee or no pace but this lad has the lot...

If Hearts weren't in the Championship, I'd agree. Another year at Hearts in the SPL would have been good for him. 

However, the kids too good to be playing in the Championship against cloggers when he's already proven himself against the likes of the OF in the SPL at 16/17. He needs to move up a level now and we need to sell him this summer. 

I think he'd be extremely naive to turn down the chance to be coached at Bayern Munich. They aren't paying us a million odd to swell the ranks of their 2nd team, they can have their pick of any player in the world, yet they want him. That alone should tell him something. 

9 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

Hearts want bids on the table,the more the merrier.

BackOfTheNet
9 hours ago, Cruyff said:

3-4-3 is definitely back in vogue just now. 

One of the CB's needs to be a full back to play it effectively imo. Smith is ideal to play on the right. 

I sort of thought he might be looking at playing a back 3 because he is interested in signing Kingsley who would be ideal on the left of a back 3, as would Murray Wallace. 

If Smith is to be RCB of a three then I would suggest cover is then needed for RWB. Brandon on his is own (just recovered from injury himself) will not be enough. Unless he’s looking to convert someone like Moore into that role.

7 hours ago, everton_jambo said:

If it’s actually true Nesbit wanted to sign for us, I have to admit to being a bit disappointed we didn’t make it happen. For me he falls into the category of a very obvious good signing, exactly the kind we seem to ignore for some reason. I’m sure some will try to argue we dodged a bullet but let’s face it he has probably already scored as many this season than Washington did last and I remember people saying the likes of John McGinn and Shankland wouldn’t have been good signings. 

As for Butcher, I really hope it doesn’t happen. My contact reckons Utd will be very reluctant to do business with us, hope he is correct 

We need to sign players for the positions we need filled. We have strikers but our midfield hasn't been performing and we lack width and pace. Nesbit is not who we need with Naismith and Boyce at the club.

Edited by GinRummy

BackOfTheNet

When it comes to Hickey my only concern right now is saga status. Please don’t let his transfer away become a saga. At this point I just want him out the door, cash in the bank and knowledge that if he does get sold on a decent wedge will come our way.

14 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Hearts want bids on the table,the more the merrier.

But it would appear there is an already agreed fee, £1.8m

the decision where he goes is up to Hickey 

3fingersreid
9 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

Expect the Washington move to Charlton to be rubber stamped in the next 48 hours.

9 hours ago, Newton51 said:

I’m surprised they’re signing anyone given the financial situation they find themselves in . 

As to Hickey , if it was me I’d be choosing Bayern , as he develops he might be good enough for their first team ( hopefully) if not the next level of top league German teams would be an option , not sure that would be the case in Italy . 

Anyone any idea about Forrest as a coach. Pedigree looks quite interesting but never really heard of him if I’m honest. I know Robbie likes to be hands on at training so wondered what the roles are going to be 

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

When it comes to Hickey my only concern right now is saga status. Please don’t let his transfer away become a saga. At this point I just want him out the door, cash in the bank and knowledge that if he does get sold on a decent wedge will come our way.

Me too. Sick of hearing about the whole thing now. Would sooner it was all done and dusted and the two stipulations in your post guaranteed. Hope he gets himself a good agent over in Italy or Germany.

Hickey to me could get homesick very quick as he is so young. Asking for game time, come off it.

Should stay with us just a bit longer and mature at his own pace and not thrust into an unknown world. Just my opinion.

BackOfTheNet
14 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Me too. Sick of hearing about the whole thing now. Would sooner it was all done and dusted and the two stipulations in your post guaranteed. Hope he gets himself a good agent over in Italy or Germany.

Yup. It’s not a question of IF he’s going, we know he is, so let’s just get it done. Personally I would like to see him move to Bayern as they really do invest in their youngsters. However at the same time if he doesn’t make the grade he may just leave for nothing at the end of his contract and move to a decent side but we get nothing in a sell on. Bologna might give him more first team exposure but not only is the moving on for nothing still a possibility Italian teams also have that weird co-ownership thing meaning any sell on could become extremely convoluted if he were to go down that route. But to be honest, l just want Neilson to have cash to spend on who he wants in rather than hold onto someone longer who has no intention of being here come the start of the season.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

8 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Gordon 

Smith Halkett Souttar 

O’Donnell Haring Irving Kingsley

Walker 

Naisy Boyce 

This would be a brilliant 11 that should be getting 3rd in the Premiership let alone walking the championship. More of a 352 because it is hard to fit Naisy and Boyce in together without going more of an asymmetric formation, which could be something like this

Naisy                                 Roberts

Boyce

With Naisy playing more centrally off the right hand side and Roberts playing more as a winger on the left

Like it. Not sure if Souttar ever looks that comfortable in a three though

Edited by GinRummy

Just now, GinRummy said:

Like it. Not sure if Souttar ever looks that comfortable in a three though.

Agreed, though you'd think he would.

There are a few ways of playing it though. You can have your central guy a Berra type whose job is to attack everything and basically be last man, the wall! Then your other two have a bit freedom to play, which would suit Souttar.

Or you middle guy can be a bit more of a playmaker/sweeper, who steps forward with the ball etc. Your other two are more traditional CBs there. Either of those roles should suit Soapy too on the face of thing eh.

He's talented tho and u get the impression a smart lad who works at his game. His time with us has been manager after manager and the steady bit with Leveins was a different formation every week! Plus his injuries.

My hope is we pick a settled(ish) formation and let the players settle into it. Robbie was a tinkerer last time mind you.

The_razors_edge
25 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Anyone any idea about Forrest as a coach. Pedigree looks quite interesting but never really heard of him if I’m honest. I know Robbie likes to be hands on at training so wondered what the roles are going to be 

He spent a lot of time as a football development officer over here in Fife. He then moved to New Zealand to coach the women’s national under 17’s or 20’s. He then moved to Canada to coach (can’t remember who for). Then he returned here. His daughter plays football for the same club as my daughter and we train and play at the same time so I see him quite a lot. He’s a sound bloke

7 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Agreed, though you'd think he would.

There are a few ways of playing it though. You can have your central guy a Berra type whose job is to attack everything and basically be last man, the wall! Then your other two have a bit freedom to play, which would suit Souttar.

Or you middle guy can be a bit more of a playmaker/sweeper, who steps forward with the ball etc. Your other two are more traditional CBs there. Either of those roles should suit Soapy too on the face of thing eh.

He's talented tho and u get the impression a smart lad who works at his game. His time with us has been manager after manager and the steady bit with Leveins was a different formation every week! Plus his injuries.

My hope is we pick a settled(ish) formation and let the players settle into it. Robbie was a tinkerer last time mind you.

Always been a fan of a settled defence. Tinker in other parts of the field but defenders who know each others game are what we need.

I'd like to see the second approach you mentioned. I think we would see the best of Halkett that way. 

Aye, I'm sure Souttar will adapt and the occasional error won't be so harshly punished in the championship. Every blunder a defender made last season seemed to lead to a goal.

Edited by GinRummy

Seymour M Hersh
7 hours ago, everton_jambo said:

Oooh, shades of ITK there.:laugh2:

BackOfTheNet

Monday - Roberts in

Tuesday - Doyle out

Wednesday - Coaches confirmed

Thursday - ?

Friday - ?

Don't know if anything else will happen this week, but if I had to guess I’d say today will be the announcement of the new backup keeper that will have everyone reaching for their Alan Partridge shrug gifs and (hopefully) tomorrow Hickey’s departure has fee/contract clause announced.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

indianajones

If anyone uses the flashscore app, have a look at our playing squad. They may have given away our next signing. 

Irish striker. Not too sure about him myself...

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

If anyone uses the flashscore app, have a look at our playing squad. They may have given away our next signing. 

Irish striker. Not too sure about him myself...

?

Don't have the app but the website doesn’t have anything new. In fact it doesn’t even have Gordon in the team yet and Clare is still part of it.

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

?

Don't have the app but the website doesn’t have anything new. In fact it doesn’t even have Gordon in the team yet and Clare is still part of it.

if on the squad section, it is on Scottish cup, click the total tab. Then it comes up with a very surprising striker...

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

if on the squad section, it is on Scottish cup, click the total tab. Then it comes up with a very surprising striker...

Oh my...