Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, OTT said:

I actually do think Ross McCrorie would be a really good signing though. Seems exactly the type we should be looking at. 

I'd rather go for him and his potential than go for more journeymen who aren't going to improve. 

If Hibs had signed Halkett at the time we did people would be saying the same thing. It sounds like he could cost a sizeable fee and I don't see us being in a position to pay cash and corresponding large wages when we still have Souttar, Smith, Halkett and Berra.

Gordon Ramsay
15 minutes ago, OTT said:

I actually do think Ross McCrorie would be a really good signing though. Seems exactly the type we should be looking at. 

I'd rather go for him and his potential than go for more journeymen who aren't going to improve. 

Hibs bid rejected according to The Sun. 

Proclaimers LP and a packet of quavers not quite enough. 

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Bongo 1874   

Bongo 1874
  •  
  •  
  •  

Welcome aboard GF and LM 👍

More to come will post later👍

Unfortunately we weren't prepared to offer Sam what he wanted wages wise, though he did want to come to us, and don't let Nisbet kid you on here he wanted a move to us, die hard hibs fan my arse, 

Still wanting butcher, have taken a break from this been struggling with life at the moment , on the up now though👍

Hope you’re ok mate. 

im a volunteer on The Changing Room project. If you ever want a chat give me a shout

8 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I take it with “elbows” on board we’ll be cracking more opposition players in the puss?

Post of the day my man 👍

I actually laughed out loud, fair doo’s 😀

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, theshed said:

Worrying we are still after Butcher cause he is terrible  

Were not,Robbie confirmed so.

I thought Butcher looked decent the few times I have watched him. Don't think we should be paying a fee for him though and would rather see how the youngsters fared instead. As Nesbit, he will score goals but having seen him a couple of times I'm not overly concerned we didn't sign him. I don't think we were ever in for him TBH and like others have said, Boyce if kept fit and played through the middle will score goals. He's proven at the top level in Scotland he can scored we just need to provide better service.

Does make me laugh that if I rewound time 10 years, then Mcculloch, Lafferty and Naismith would be in the top 10 players I absolutely could not stand. Funny how joining the Gorgie changes your perception of some. There are exceptions of course, like Danny Swanson. 

20 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Were not,Robbie confirmed so.

Thank God. He really is awful. Watched him again last night - an absolutely woeful footballer.

Leveins Battalion
Just now, S Form said:

Thank God. He really is awful. Watched him again last night - an absolutely woeful footballer.

Screenshot_20200812-191715_Chrome.jpg

stuckinsunderland
50 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Mainly because they bid with a signed LP, bid rejected but may negotiate for an unsigned one! 

Sorry to shite on yer bonfire but Robbie has been very clever with his words I fear 👍🏻 

3A3FBCAD-E630-48FE-BF12-2C57DC887502.jpeg

Edited by ShedBoy

Leveins Battalion
5 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Sorry to shite on yer bonfire but Robbie has been very clever with his words I fear 👍🏻 

3A3FBCAD-E630-48FE-BF12-2C57DC887502.jpeg

Not my bonfire, interpret as you please.I read it as not interested. 👍His words.

1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Aye, so we should chuck a bid in. Healthy sell on clause like Hickey, but with the added bonus that unlike Hibs we're not a bunch of rival obsessed minging oxygen thieves. 

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, theshed said:

Worrying we are still after Butcher cause he is terrible  

Yeah I kept an eye on him yesterday, can’t say I was impressed. Hopefully just paper talk.

3 hours ago, Taffin said:

Indeed. Hopefully the players buck up their ideas a bit to avoid a grilling from him

.....or a flying elbow! 🤣

On 11/08/2020 at 16:09, Borders Jambo said:

This.

I can still remember being delighted by Dennis Wyness and ambivalent about the arrival of Paul Hartley. 

I was so wrong.

You're not alone there BJ.  I personally didn't get too excited about Wyness, but was definitely underwhelmed by signing a Hibs reject.  Fast forward and that Hibs reject scores a hat trick against them in a cup semi-final, wtf do I know?

2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

He was continually being criticised on Sportsound,  with very little by way of a two way discussion. Stewart and Preston led the narrative and I can't remember anyone sticking up for him.

Levein being on Sportsound a few times now, is irrelevant as to how they spoke about him when he was Hearts' coach.

Might be wrong, just my observation.

Being a shite manager lead to him being an easy target then?  He ****ing spunked millions on shite and arrogantly thought he knew best.  Fair enough.  It wasn’t as if they got it wrong.  The guys the reason we are in this position just now when we should be watching games involving us on the tv and have Europe.  A much bigger budget than anyone season after season but shit to show for it. 

Edited by Last Laff

Hectormasson
57 minutes ago, OTT said:

Aye, so we should chuck a bid in. Healthy sell on clause like Hickey, but with the added bonus that unlike Hibs we're not a bunch of rival obsessed minging oxygen thieves. 

👏👏👏👏👏👏👍💯%🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

Guest ToqueJambo
28 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Being a shite manager lead to him being an easy target then?  He ****ing spunked millions on shite and arrogantly thought he knew best.  Fair enough.  It wasn’t as if they got it wrong.  The guys the reason we are in this position just now when we should be watching games involving us on the tv and have Europe.  A much bigger budget than anyone season after season but shit to show for it. 

There have been many, many worse managers doing a worse job than Levein. I can't remember a single one that received such sustained and personal abuse from one person on the BBC or any other media outlet.

Let's not forget, Stewart's crusade against Levein wasn't a result of us being bottom of the league. We were finishing 5th or so which we do often and getting to cup semi finals and finals, which we don't do often, and he was still banging on about Levein. IT was personal and extremely unprofessional from Stewart. Would love to see him face Levein on Sportsound.

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Lots of shite managers Tbh. 

Stewart was a prick in regards to CL, a complete frother. 

Gerrard winning **** all again. 

Innes behind Motherwell after being behind killie the season before. 

We did improve in the cups unlike some teams as well. 

CL left us as manager second bottom in December. 

Did he even  give stendel a hard a time for taking us bottom? 

Stewart, who I think is quite an intelligent guy is nothing but an emotional, flaming wreck when it comes to CL and loses all credibility when it's about him as he's personal. 

29 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

The free to find another club if game time doesn’t materialise is a bit of a funny one. Could hamper a sell on fee. Anyone know how a clause like that work? With his old man being a Tim, I’d be almost expecting that move being in the back of his mind. Maybe I’m a bit paranoid though. :lol:

Edited by Beast Boy

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

The free to find another club if game time doesn’t materialise is a bit of a funny one. Could hamper a sell on fee. Anyone know how a clause like that work? With his old man being a Tim, I’d be almost expecting that move being in the back of his mind. Maybe I’m a bit paranoid though. :lol:

This doesn't have a ring of truth to it. A 17 year old wth 30 games asking for guaranteed first team football in the Series A? Pull the other one. He's good but is still relatively unproven. Can imagine potential new team-mates reading that... "Play me or I'm off" wouldn't go down too well considering Hickey's age. If true he's being badly advised. He needs to look at Andy Robertson, get his head down and take his chances when they come, not make demands before he's even signed.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Yeah, probably shite. If there’s some truth in it though, then you have to wonder what his old man is up to.

I think it's more a case of that the selling point for going to Bologna is that they have said they want him as part of the first team and doesn't want it to just be a false promise. If he goes to Bayern he knows he will be with Bayern II and not the first team. 

Can understand Hickeys reasoning tbh. I think the boys right. He wants to learn, get better and can only do that by playing at first team level.

Then again he has to be a bit pragmatic. He's not going to be first team at Bayern and it's doubtful he'll get 20 games next season at Bologna. If I was advising him, I'd say go to Bayern and prove yourself in the 2nd team. 

6 minutes ago, bazman said:

I think it's more a case of that the selling point for going to Bologna is that they have said they want him as part of the first team and doesn't want it to just be a false promise. If he goes to Bayern he knows he will be with Bayern II and not the first team. 

Sure, I get that. Should he not just fight for his place though? Instead of seeking written assurances of game time? It’s the “free to find another club” bit that I’d be questioning. 🤔

Out of interest, can anyone tell me if this loan deal with £1.8m fee, means Celtic don’t get their 30% of the fee? It’s been debated on here a bit and I don’t think I’ve seen anything that looked particularly concrete either way. If it is the case, then my hatred for Celtic makes me paranoid and wonder if they are speaking to his dad.

Edited by Beast Boy

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Hickey was lucky to get as many games as he did last season with us. Nevermind demanding game time in Seria A 

I'm with you,   nowhere close to Serie A regular. Cash will help us enormously 

Did Hickey get a proper agent yet / doesn’t seem like it.

And

Robbie has said in his first time here that his ideal formation would be 3-4-3 

Are we getting the squad together to be able to play that?

Clerry Jambo
1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

And

Maybe wrong but sure Robbie played that at the arabs. More attacking full/wings Backs if you like 

BackOfTheNet
8 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

And

Then he’ll need some cover at CB. Yes Smith can play there but if he is in to play RWB then he’ll have Berra, Halkett and Souttar as the 3 CB’s meaning only Hamilton in reserve in case of injury or suspension. And if that will be the back 3 for the love of god make sure Berra is in the centre and not the left.

17 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Sure, I get that. Should he not just fight for his place though? Instead of seeking written assurances of game time? It’s the “free to find another club” bit that I’d be questioning. 🤔

Out of interest, can anyone tell me if this loan deal with £1.8m fee, means Celtic don’t get their 30% of the fee? It’s been debated on here a bit and I don’t think I’ve seen anything that looked particularly concrete either way. If it is the case, then my hatred for Celtic makes me paranoid and wonder if they are speaking to his dad.

The daily record ran a similar

story and it wasn't worded as free to find another club.

Berra than you
12 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

And

Think he did say this was his preferred formation, but that you need a CB who is comfortable playing in the full back area (Smith) and two top centre mids in order to play it. Think we have the centre backs to play it, not convinced on the midfield given that haring is unlikely to be rushed back.

38 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

So he’s not going to Bayern then. Nowhere near their first team 

Not necessarily, he may view Bayern Reserves as a better option than Bologna reserves but not as appealing as Bologna first team

10 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Maybe wrong but sure Robbie played that at the arabs. More attacking full/wings Backs if you like 

3-4-3 is definitely back in vogue just now. 

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Then he’ll need some cover at CB. Yes Smith can play there but if he is in to play RWB then he’ll have Berra, Halkett and Souttar as the 3 CB’s meaning only Hamilton in reserve in case of injury or suspension. And if that will be the back 3 for the love of god make sure Berra is in the centre and not the left.

One of the CB's needs to be a full back to play it effectively imo. Smith is ideal to play on the right. 

I sort of thought he might be looking at playing a back 3 because he is interested in signing Kingsley who would be ideal on the left of a back 3, as would Murray Wallace. 

5 minutes ago, bazman said:

The daily record ran a similar

story and it wasn't worded as free to find another club.

The whole deal is a bit odd sounding. This is just another layer of odd. I’m at the stage now where I just want to see us get £1.8m and a sell on fee, and not have to read any more stories about his Old Bhoy agent.