Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Leveins Battalion
8 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I agree we need to take a deeper look into our talent base.

A deeper look into our talent base?🤣🤣

Robbie has come in,assessed the squad,knows the financial situation and has moved on everybody he could so far.

Happy to trust his judgement if he says we need a new left back.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

A deeper look into our talent base?🤣🤣

Robbie has come in,assessed the squad,knows the financial situation and has moved on everybody he could so far.

Happy to trust his judgement if he says we need a new left back.

I was talking about the youth talent base in answer to OTTS who mentions Leo Watson.

1 hour ago, EarnockJambo said:

"No comment" from Andy Halliday when asked if he was in talks with us.

Also states he hasn't actually kicked a ball since March . Would infer he is not too bothered about playing ?

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I was talking about the youth talent base in answer to OTTS who mentions Leo Watson.

Between Robbie,JJ,Roger Arnott,John Rankin and GF/LM we are well placed for recognising if a youth player is ready to step up from any age group.

Remember it is not Craig Levein running the whole club now.

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Between Robbie,JJ,Roger Arnott,John Rankin and GF/LM we are well placed for recognising if a youth player is ready to step up from any age group.

i was only replying to OTT. Yes your point is valid, we have guys who are well placed to decide.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

A game today? Thought the next friendly was Tuesday?

Games are coming thick and fast. Robbie's words the other day.

46 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I agree we need to take a deeper look into our talent base.

I think there is a great advantage to be found leaning heavily on our academy. In terms of senior pro's we can afford better by using the kids to bulk out the first team (quality over quantity, less journeymen types) which should have a double benefit as training alongside guys like Naismith should be of more benefit to lads like Irving etc. than say, Bozanic (for example). 

The SPFL isn't la liga or the EPL, the standard is much lower, which should make it easier for kids to break through and be a success. Hopefully, its something Robbie and co are conscious of as its a great way to make money, and attract better talent as we gain a reputation for actually giving kids a chance. 

This season is a real opportunity to set us up for the next 3/4 years with the kids coming through. Give them a real chance and see who rises to the challenge. 

1 hour ago, EarnockJambo said:

"No comment" from Andy Halliday when asked if he was in talks with us.

Hopefully we're not stupid enough to offer him a deal

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, OTT said:

I think there is a great advantage to be found leaning heavily on our academy. In terms of senior pro's we can afford better by using the kids to bulk out the first team (quality over quantity, less journeymen types) which should have a double benefit as training alongside guys like Naismith should be of more benefit to lads like Irving etc. than say, Bozanic (for example). 

The SPFL isn't la liga or the EPL, the standard is much lower, which should make it easier for kids to break through and be a success. Hopefully, its something Robbie and co are conscious of as its a great way to make money, and attract better talent as we gain a reputation for actually giving kids a chance. 

This season is a real opportunity to set us up for the next 3/4 years with the kids coming through. Give them a real chance and see who rises to the challenge. 

Due to the restrictions Hearts have brought the younger players into the squad, they have no games to play either. Robbie Gordon and Lee took Under's training seasons when our training was interrupted by the 9 players of other teams who had breached the restrictions. The hand that Levein left to play with considering his roles at the club, leave us with little choice but to move on players and bring in our talent. At the moment the younger players are under the microscope, we the fans know all the chat about who is the better prospect and who should be doing better. Ii am confident that we have got a chance to find out what has been done  within our academy and whether it will reap the fruits of success. Some people would rather go with youth as it is the championship. I would want to hammer every side we face and demolish the Craig Levein era once and for all. Breeding players that become first team regulars and attract an admirer with European status, well that is what it is all about. Hickey to Bologna is a high marker of intent.

Gorgie Boot boy
14 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

Hopefully we're not stupid enough to offer him a deal

I may step in , Andy was offered a deal. Whether he is speaking with Hearts , well that is a completely different matter. I should change the wording to , the chance of a deal.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

58 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Good points.

4 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

We all want to see the youngsters coming through but the priority this season is promotion, RN will be building a squad purely with that in mind 

4 hours ago, OTT said:

Personally, as long as we have an experienced spine to the team this year, we can afford to go with the youngsters I reckon. 

12 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Personally, as long as we have an experienced spine to the team this year, we can afford to go with the youngsters I reckon. 

I had read @The Treasurer's post about promotion being what the squad will be constructed with in mind will be. I think factoring in the reduced games the margin for error is a lot lower than in a regular promotion season, we cannot afford a slow start. So having thought about it that way, I can understand Robbie wanting to play it safe. Not getting promotion for any reason would be a total disaster, and we genuinely don't know if the SPFL are going to decide against play offs which means we're potentially looking at first or nothing. ICT know that too and the reduced volume probably takes away some of the advantage we might have had going into it. 

I do think on paper we shouldn't  be finishing below 1st, with the experience in that team there really isn't an excuse. Established internationals across the team etc. I'm just concerned that we might lose our way again and fall back to leaning on journeymen like Levein did. Under Robbie I want to see kids breaking through and holding their place. Obviously that comes with the caveat that they need to be good enough, but going back to my earlier post this isn't the EPL, the standard is much lower, so they don't need to be the next Sterling to actually get game time. 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

We all want to see the youngsters coming through but the priority this season is promotion, RN will be building a squad purely with that in mind 

I want us to hammer every side we face, win all the competitions we go into.

1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

That is the name of the game. We shouldn't lose a game in the Championship. 

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Cruyff said:

No i mean all of them including the vermin and tramps, will have to play out of your skin to get into this Hearts side.That is going to be the biggest factor.

Just now, Gorgie Boot boy said:

No i mean all of them including the vermin and tramps, will have to play out of your skin to get into this Hearts side.That is going to be the biggest factor.

I agree. The bar has been set too low for too long. 👍 

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I agree. The bar has been set too low for too long. 👍 

still 4 to come in. 4 out. making it 25 out 10 in.

1 hour ago, Rods said:

I really hope the absence of Damour and White is telling and they are sitting out as they are in talks with other clubs.

Damour has been bombed. Not sure about White

Gorgie Boot boy
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

would be an excellent signing 

The more i think on this the more i realize who the other person was other than Andy, i had a few swigs at the time. Jeezo.

2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Any source on that mate ?

33 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

We should be looking to go the season unbeaten, win the diddy tunnocks caramel wafer cup, or whatever it's called now & try our damnedest in the Scottish & League Cups. 

Hopefully zlamal, damour, white can all be shipped out, with additions like a big-box midfielder & another striker. 

26 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Why not? we shouldn't have lost many games last season but we did. Are we that far ahead of Inverness, Dundee and others? We couldn't beat St Mirren or Hamilton? Is there really such a big gap? Yes on paper we have the strongest squad but we had one of the strongest last season. We should win the league but especially with having fewer games to play I don't think we will win as comfortably as some on here expect us to

24 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Hopefully he was literally bombed. An absolute chancer who could’ve performed multiple times better but just couldn’t be arsed. 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Tennant's 6's said:

We should be looking to go the season unbeaten, win the diddy tunnocks caramel wafer cup, or whatever it's called now & try our damnedest in the Scottish & League Cups. 

Hopefully zlamal, damour, white can all be shipped out, with additions like a big-box midfielder & another striker. 

Beat what is in front of you, not behind.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Henroddy said:

Why not? we shouldn't have lost many games last season but we did. Are we that far ahead of Inverness, Dundee and others? We couldn't beat St Mirren or Hamilton? Is there really such a big gap? Yes on paper we have the strongest squad but we had one of the strongest last season. We should win the league but especially with having fewer games to play I don't think we will win as comfortably as some on here expect us to

i am sorry to clog up the thread.

This is not The Hearts side's we have been watching for the last 14 years, this side are going to rule the roost. End of.

Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hopefully he was literally bombed. An absolute chancer who could’ve performed multiple times better but just couldn’t be arsed. 

Thing is if Luic does go, we have good money to throw at a CM with class.

i am sorry to clog up the thread.

This is not The Hearts side's we have been watching for the last 14 years, this side are going to rule the roost. End of.

Loving your optimism. :wub:

Thing is if Luic does go, we have good money to throw at a CM with class.

Hopefully. Don’t get me wrong, Damour might have a good season in the championship but he should be thoroughly ashamed of himself so far. 

8 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

Yes on paper we have the strongest squad but we had one of the strongest last season

Reading between the lines,  listening to ollie lee & lee McCulloch interviews, there seems to be a much better mentality, work ethic, planning & preparation re training. Plus the higher tempo & louder characters seems to have lifted the place, just going by the clips that are posted in twitter. 

Can't imagine that Robbie, McCulloch,  Naisy, Gordon will put up with any sh!t. 

Here's hoping anyway. 

Gorgie Boot boy
7 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

Loving your optimism. :wub:

Apart from trouncing the 5-1 vermin and a few other delicious moments, ending the tramps run undefeated . Well there are a lot of great times right enough to remember. Craig and Robbie both delivered us to a high place only to be reduced to near cinders by silly mistakes, like Cinderella Robbie had to be home by 12 o'clock. That type scenario. Madness, all of it. We have been watching this pantomime unfold for decades. Same old wicked witch comes along, everyone thinks she is the good one and locks up the actual good witch. Anyway in this scenario the good witch returns and everything is happy every after.

My dreams would not include Wighton and a few others.

Oh yeah the main point.

A football playing side on the pitch, showing up well in possession . Having style passion and of course a cutting edge. A final product. Up till now the most exciting play i have seen from Hearts from recent training bounce games and friendlies in ages, that includes many SPL Betfred cup and other competitions. The Scottish cup is our savior, we are winning it . Not optimism, i see a cracking footballing side take shape. a few additions and we be strong tips for any game.

Gorgie Boot boy
5 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

**** the Hibs.

Goodnight.

I usually say that when i get up, at night time after i brush my teeth look in the mirror, i say .

Mon the Hearts.

Funny enough, i find myself doing it in the best Eubanks voice i can imitate, the one before he gets knocked on his hole right enough.

Leveins Battalion
55 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I usually say that when i get up, at night time after i brush my teeth look in the mirror, i say .

Mon the Hearts.

Funny enough, i find myself doing it in the best Eubanks voice i can imitate, the one before he gets knocked on his hole right enough.

Well that's cos ur a Hibs *****.Dunno how uve lasted 2 days on here.👌

Edited by Leveins Battalion

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

You must be sleep walking. have you got a lot on your mind ?

I will not call you a name or tell you where to go.

4 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

You must be sleep walking. have you got a lot on your mind ?

I will not call you a name or tell you where to go.

You should just express yourself.  We are all chums here. 

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, GinRummy said:

You should just express yourself.  We are all chums here. 

No. I am on two warnings as it is.I have fought my way through the gauntlet at Forries. No chance i am being mugged off as one of them lot. So i will save myself first.

Gorgie Boot boy
30 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Not happy you said that. Explain to me what you are thinking. What did i say that offended you to make that desperate post ?

2 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

The more i think on this the more i realize who the other person was other than Andy, i had a few swigs at the time. Jeezo.

Any source on that mate ?

First team player 

Gorgie Boot boy
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Hopefully. Don’t get me wrong, Damour might have a good season in the championship but he should be thoroughly ashamed of himself so far. 

He would never be at Hearts in the first place if was up to me, it isn't and he is. Get him out, if anyone is silly enough to take him on then give them the gig. Need a handsome winner, who just oozes class.Not some fly boy looking for a blonde in the crowd. 

3 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

He would never be at Hearts in the first place if was up to me, it isn't and he is. Get him out, if anyone is silly enough to take him on then give them the gig. Need a handsome winner, who just oozes class.Not some fly boy looking for a blonde in the crowd. 

What on earth does this mean