Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Loaning a youth player to lower league clubs helps us more than it helps them. They could get any young player from any club in the country. If we don't loan out any youngsters we will never know if they can step up or not.

Not always, did it help Moore when he went to Falkirk when they thought he was a left back? Or Macdonald when didn’t play at the pars? Only Jimmy Dunne helped us so, not sure what good coming here did us or the others?
 There’s 6 lower league clubs we could/should deal with at all the different levels. That should be enough don’t you think?

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Let’s be realistic, it’s important we allow our players to go out and develop.. and if we only loan to clubs we don’t have the hump with we won’t be loaning out to very many 😂

There’s 7 clubs to loan to at all different levels,  how many did we loan players to last season?

40 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Brechin have a Representative on the SFA board. They were due to play the winners of Brora Rangers and Kelty Hearts. They were saved then had a hand in the shabackle that followed.  

Chair: Michael Mulraney (Scottish FA)

Members: Ian Maxwell (Scottish FA), Neil Doncaster Idiot (SPFL), Leslie Gray (SPFL), Michael Nicholson (SPFL), Ken Ferguson Liar (SPFL), Duncan Fraser (SPFL), Finlay Noble (SHFL) and Tom Brown (SLFL).

Did you add in "Idiot"  and "Liar" or has someone been editing Wikipedia?  Or (more hopefully) the SFA's website?

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

There’s 7 clubs to loan to at all different levels,  how many did we loan players to last season?

should of loaned Craig Levein to Brechin at the start of last season

37 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Will need long strides to step up from that garbage level, Brechin are hopeless. Good luck to the lad , he will need it there.

Exactly.  If our young players are Brechin-level then they can stay there.

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, AndrewB said:

Did you add in "Idiot"  and "Liar" or has someone been editing Wikipedia?  Or (more hopefully) the SFA's website?

Was me being childish. 

On 01/09/2020 at 04:45, Jamboj1 said:

Aidy white and damour both Looking to get a move and have been for a few weeks it’s  expected another 3/4 on top of that will also leave, from earlier info I’m told garuccio still has interest if any offer becomes official it will most likely be taken for him once we have a left back signed. on the incomings front told we are looking at left footed centre halfs who can also slip into left back in emergency’s (like what igor Rossi could under Robbie first time) while still looking for a midfielder, winger and striker. Excluding CB it’s very much the one in one out route that I’ve mentioned before. First window in a while I’ve got a decent amount of info so happy to try answer anything if I can

Been told this is still our plans ^ left centre back that can cover winger the rest in motion 👍🏻 

Nelly Terraces
On 17/09/2020 at 10:40, David Black said:

Not surprising considering how most fans react to him. A couple of early goals and we will see a totally different player. Look at all the experts who thought after 2 games Haring was never a midfield player. 

How did the fans react at the other clubs he failed to score at? Do you know?

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

maybe they don’t want our players..🤷‍♂️

That aside what happens in future if one of the clubs have a good player we want but we don’t do business with them? For example - what happens if raith rovers find another Colin Cameron.. or Dundee find another Neil Mccann

It’s up to us, the fans to hold grudges - the club have to do what is best for the club long term.

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

That aside what happens in future if one of the clubs have a good player we want but we don’t do business with them? For example - what happens if raith rovers find another .. or Dundee find another Neil Mccann

It’s up to us, the fans to hold grudges - the club have to do what is best for the club long term.

Colin Cameron. Can only dream we find players like Colin  and Neil at a lower level these days. Although i am hoping Craig Wighton gives us hope.

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What would you do if those 7 clubs don't want any of our young players on loan? They need to get experience at 1st team level if they aren't quite ready to breakthrough at Hearts. 

8 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Been told this is still our plans ^ left centre back that can cover winger the rest in motion 👍🏻 

We still looking for a backup CB for souttar? 

Leveins Battalion
4 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Colin Cameron. Can only dream we find players like Colin  and Neil at a lower level these days. Although i am hoping Craig Wighton gives us hope.

You are at the absolute ham.🤣🤣

Cameron,McCann and ehm Wighton....

Taking the piss.🤔

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

You are at the absolute ham.🤣🤣

Cameron,McCann and ehm Wighton....

Taking the piss.🤔

Exactly what i was inferring too on lower league players. I am hoping more than anything else Wighton scores goals for us. No way am i suggesting he is in anyway on the level of Colin and Neil. i was merely making the lower league point the poster made, i hope.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

Berra than you
21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not always, did it help Moore when he went to Falkirk when they thought he was a left back? Or Macdonald when didn’t play at the pars? Only Jimmy Dunne helped us so, not sure what good coming here did us or the others?
 There’s 6 lower league clubs we could/should deal with at all the different levels. That should be enough don’t you think?

Game time helps, and Moore was more likely to get that at Falkirk than here at that time. MacDonald was injured I'm sure. Jimmy Dunne did help us. But he's now in the first team plans at Burnley, and he could have just as easily gone on loan to Aberdeen, Hibs etc instead of us. Limiting ourselves to 6 lower league clubs to loan young players too is suicide given their are 29 lower league clubs excluding ourselves. I get the fans won't be happy, and will boycott these grounds (myself included) but it doesn't make business sense for hearts to deal this way. If anything behaving like that will isolate and alienate hearts more. 

1 hour ago, Berra than you said:

Loaning a youth player to lower league clubs helps us more than it helps them. They could get any young player from any club in the country. If we don't loan out any youngsters we will never know if they can step up or not.

I agree, this is totally different to Zlamal.

On 17/09/2020 at 14:27, Pasquale for King said:

Not really but your casual racism is noted. 

Tell me whats racist about Leith. You do actually know the meaning of the word?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

That aside what happens in future if one of the clubs have a good player we want but we don’t do business with them? For example - what happens if raith rovers find another Colin Cameron.. or Dundee find another Neil Mccann

I had to this as discussion a few pages ago, when was the last time we dealt with a lower league club? Callachan? When we down last time no other team had a player that would’ve got improved us really, we ended up with Gavin Reilly. There just isn’t the quality down there now, bigger clubs are hoovering up the talent and guys like Shankland/Nisbet and Lewis Morgan are rare and everyone knows about them. You’re talking about guys from a different century. 
I though you were the Uber boycott man anyway?

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, fast_blood said:

What would you do if those 7 clubs don't want any of our young players on loan? They need to get experience at 1st team level if they aren't quite ready to breakthrough at Hearts. 

Then you don’t loan them out, you play friendlies against big teams like the uglies do. Could you list how many players have benefitted and played 100 games in the first team after being loaned out in the last decade? 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Berra than you said:

Game time helps, and Moore was more likely to get that at Falkirk than here at that time. MacDonald was injured I'm sure. Jimmy Dunne did help us. But he's now in the first team plans at Burnley, and he could have just as easily gone on loan to Aberdeen, Hibs etc instead of us. Limiting ourselves to 6 lower league clubs to loan young players too is suicide given their are 29 lower league clubs excluding ourselves. I get the fans won't be happy, and will boycott these grounds (myself included) but it doesn't make business sense for hearts to deal this way. If anything behaving like that will isolate and alienate hearts more. 

How many teams did we loan players out to last season? Moore didnt Olay because they thought he was a LB. Macdonald was injured so what good did loaning him out do? Is it not them that isolated and alienated us? We have to pander to them and build bridges? 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

Tell me whats racist about Leith. You do actually know the meaning of the word?

You clearly don’t if you think that inferring Leith is full of Romanians isn’t casual racism, or funny for that matter. I get youve probably not been in gorgie much recently but it’s as culturally diverse as anywhere in Edinburgh. These guys felt the need to come on and say this guy was hopeless, a bit like a few Hearts fans did with Perriera for example. 

Berra than you
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

How many teams did we loan players out to last season? Moore didnt Olay because they thought he was a LB. Macdonald was injured so what good did loaning him out do? Is it not them that isolated and alienated us? We have to pander to them and build bridges? 

I've no idea, you'd have to ask Gary Naysmith my point was that limiting to a certain number of teams limits the positions/players that can be loaned out. What happens if we have a promising centre half and none of those teams need one? Got injured training with us on a development loan I thought? Regardless, players get injured it happens (in our case all too frequently). Whilst you are right that the other clubs alienated us, it will do hearts no favours to cut all ties. Wether we like it or not hearts is a business and it doesn't really make business or football sense to cut all ties with clubs.

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Then you don’t loan them out, you play friendlies against big teams like the uglies do. Could you list how many players have benefitted and played 100 games in the first team after being loaned out in the last decade? 

No I can't be arsed looking into it. It just seems a bit childish to potentially hold a player back. Friendlies won't give them the same experience. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

I've no idea, you'd have to ask Gary Naysmith my point was that limiting to a certain number of teams limits the positions/players that can be loaned out. What happens if we have a promising centre half and none of those teams need one? Got injured training with us on a development loan I thought? Regardless, players get injured it happens (in our case all too frequently). Whilst you are right that the other clubs alienated us, it will do hearts no favours to cut all ties. Wether we like it or not hearts is a business and it doesn't really make business or football sense to cut all ties with clubs.

It doesn’t make any sense to alienate large sections of your fan base continually either, it doesn’t stop them.
It’s not all

clubs but I take it on board that it’s not practical really, I would like them to have attempted it to show they understand the fans feelings, having loaned players to the midden and Brechin show they’re not going to. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

No I can't be arsed looking into it. It just seems a bit childish to potentially hold a player back. Friendlies won't give them the same experience. 

As I’ve asked a few how many players has it helped, how many clubs we loaned out too and who we’ve bought from recently. That’s you guys argument, but you can’t really back it up with cold hard facts just maybes etc. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The boy that has gone to Brechin is unlikely to be a first team fixture in the future anyway. 

Most don’t. Like the guys we’ve had on loan from EPL sides, Dunne is in the last year of his 2/3rd contract and has just made his Burnley debut yesterday 😱🤷🏾‍♂️?

Berra than you
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It doesn’t make any sense to alienate large sections of your fan base continually either, it doesn’t stop them.
It’s not all

clubs but I take it on board that it’s not practical really, I would like them to have attempted it to show they understand the fans feelings, having loaned players to the midden and Brechin show they’re not going to. 

Yeah your right it doesn't.  Which is why the Bobby deal doesn't make any sense. Massive own goal from hearts that one. I would like to think that at the very least, the clubs that stood up against us in court wouldn't see loans from us. But we will see.  My overall point though is that in terms of youth players leaving on loan I'm not overly bothered because in the long run it benefits hearts.

Edited by Berra than you

29 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You clearly don’t if you think that inferring Leith is full of Romanians isn’t casual racism, or funny for that matter. I get youve probably not been in gorgie much recently but it’s as culturally diverse as anywhere in Edinburgh. These guys felt the need to come on and say this guy was hopeless, a bit like a few Hearts fans did with Perriera for example. 

For god sake calm down. Obviously you didn't see my inference was that they were posted by hibbies. As for not being in Gorgie for a while I supported both the Skyline restaurant and the Gorgie Suite bar in recent weeks. Turn your sense of humour back on.

6 hours ago, Last Laff said:

He played fantastic against us there a couple of years ago at Tynie if that helps? (Morelos offside winner). 

If we are going to sign a left back ... Halliday is still a possible signing

Pasquale for King
48 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Yeah your right it doesn't.  Which is why the Bobby deal doesn't make any sense. Massive own goal from hearts that one. I would like to think that at the very least, the clubs that stood up against us in court wouldn't see loans from us. But we will see.  My overall point though is that in terms of youth players leaving on loan I'm not overly bothered because in the long run it benefits hearts.

I suppose that falls under the umbrella of Only Hearts. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I suppose that falls under the umbrella of Only Hearts. 

The Hearts board don't give a flying feck about what the Hearts fans think. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

It doesn’t make any sense to alienate large sections of your ONLINE fan base continually either, it doesn’t stop them.

FTFY. No-one knows what the majority of 20-30,000 Hearts fans around the world (or over 100,000 if you go by cup win parades) really thinks. 11.5 STs (which we would have sold without the "guarantee" even just to compete with Hibs) and increased FoH pledges suggests most are happy to continue backing Hearts. If those numbers start reducing they will take an obvious message from that.

Edited by ToqueJambo

3 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I am going to end up looking for the results now, I have seen the lad play a few times over the last two years. I like him, he has bags of potential. Just have a childish hate for Brechin. and others. I am old, so not got plenty time to change my mood on the topic. Hopeful Leeroy makes a name for himself though.

Same here ... I like Leeroy doesnt lack confidence and attitude and has an engine. Tranent to Brechin is some commute though

2 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

We still looking for a backup CB for souttar? 

Potentially another centre back at the end of the window if we have funds from players leaving first. I believe haring is seen as cover at CB if needed 👍🏻

Pasquale for King
46 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

For god sake calm down. Obviously you didn't see my inference was that they were posted by hibbies. As for not being in Gorgie for a while I supported both the Skyline restaurant and the Gorgie Suite bar in recent weeks. Turn your sense of humour back on.

Yeah I got that, might’ve been better to say  it though, especially when you’re talking about the most overpopulated are in Scotland and third in the U.K.  Thankfully it’s inhabitants don’t support them in any great number, making your comparison even less relevant.

As for going to the Bar and it’s only restaurant those two don’t really reflect the true nature of the area. 
I think it’s your sense of humour that needs a tweak, it’s 2020 and if you hadn’t noticed jokes about people from other places are simply unacceptable. 

2 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Potentially another centre back at the end of the window if we have funds from players leaving first. I believe haring is seen as cover at CB if needed 👍🏻

Makes sense to me.  Thanking you. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

FTFY. No-one knows what the majority of 20-30,000 Hearts fans around the world (or over 100,000 if you go by cup win parades) really thinks. 11.5 STs (which we would have sold without the "guarantee" even just to compete with Hibs) and increased FoH pledges suggests most are happy to continue backing Hearts. If those numbers start reducing they will take an obvious message from that.

Yeah if they had mentioned what we are actually getting for our season tickets or that Only Hearts meant nothing to them the sales and donations wouldn’t have been anywhere near as high.
Maybe you only talk to online fans but the rest of us have friends, family and acquaintances that aren’t happy either. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The Hearts board don't give a flying feck about what the Hearts fans think. 

Watch out the clubs most blind loyalist will be onto you shortly. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

As I’ve asked a few how many players has it helped, how many clubs we loaned out too and who we’ve bought from recently. That’s you guys argument, but you can’t really back it up with cold hard facts just maybes etc. 

Not really my argument tbh. Walker did well at raith. Irving and godinho did well at Berwick from what I remember. Morrison did alright at Stirling albion. Connor Smith had a decent loan recently. If you watched the clip from john rankin the other day it's about the youngsters getting a feel for day to day life as a footballer and to see if they have the mindset for it. 

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah if they had mentioned what we are actually getting for our season tickets or that Only Hearts meant nothing to them the sales and donations wouldn’t have been anywhere near as high.
Maybe you only talk to online fans but the rest of us have friends, family and acquaintances that aren’t happy either. 

That’s fine. How are they letting the club know they’re unhappy is my point? Called to complain, asked for a refund?

Said before when I’ve been genuinely unhappy i’ve contacted the club. Its the only way they can really know.

Comments on social media or whatever are’nt really any more reliable than hiring a plane or graffiti. Should Hearts have taken more notice of the plane eejits because they went to all the trouble to hire a plane? Mass protests, withdrawal of support/funds and calls do however make it clear.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

Not really my argument tbh. Walker did well at raith. Irving and godinho did well at Berwick from what I remember. Morrison did alright at Stirling albion. Connor Smith had a decent loan recently. If you watched the clip from john rankin the other day it's about the youngsters getting a feel for day to day life as a footballer and to see if they have the mindset for it. 

So only Walker who has really played a number of games. Not sure if training twice a week with some tinpot outfit prepares them for day to day life as a footballer, that’s the job of folk like Rankin. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That’s fine. How are they letting the club know they’re unhappy is my point? Called to complain, asked for a refund?

Said before when I’ve been genuinely unhappy i’ve contacted the club. Its the only way they can really know.

Comments on social media or whatever are’nt really any more reliable than hiring a plane or graffiti. Should Hearts have taken more notice of the plane eejits because they went to all the trouble to hire a plane? Mass protests, withdrawal of support/funds and calls do however make it clear.

I’ve contacted the club by phone and email about no hand rails in the lower section of the main stand, for the first three games it was terrifying watching folk try to get up and down. I had no reply. 
My nephew got onto them about serious misbehaviour of some sort, again no reply. If you’re willing to give them cash, as I did once from my work I was in the office the next day meeting Anne Park. 
The point is the fans must be listened too, as any business it relies on its customers, ours more than most at this time especially. If this kind of thing keeps happening the FoH will come under pressure to exert more influence or change its structure to allow this. 

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Watch out the clubs most blind loyalist will be onto you shortly. 

Do you both really believe this?

I think everyone agrees that the CL era ended badly and a mess for reasons that have been covered in inordinate detail

My views are that AB has sorted out a lot at the Club and deserves our respect, 

That doesn't mean I agree with every decision made but I think there are a lot of good things at our club that are positive and that Robbie will sort out the football side.

I know you are both entitled to your opinion and I completely respect that, as I hope you respect mine.  I just find sometimes the negative spin put on everything, particularly when we are all Jambos.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Rods said:

Any chat on who the trialist is?

I saw a big fit looking guy driving a big fancy black Porsche up Macleod Street today, probably way off but I did wonder if it was new signing.