Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

If i was head of footballing Arts, this guy would be on my radar.

Daler Kuzyaev

Would certainly be a big name signing 

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

If i was head of footballing Arts, this guy would be on my radar.

Daler Kuzyaev

£7 million. Yes please 

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, BigAlim said:

Would certainly be a big name signing 

The player we need to seal the deal for success. He is a free agent and would need a benefactor to help fund. Like i said he is the top target for me for our club.

12 minutes ago, sac said:

For the  older guys, it was always a Lillian. As in Lillian Gish.

Yep. A Lillian Gish with sometimes a simultaneous Gladys Knight. 😊

Guest ToqueJambo

Good signing on paper. Lost track of how many times I've thought that the last few years though.

I'll keep my expectations low and predict he's going to be the new Craig Levein at the back.

Gorgie Boot boy
20 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

£7 million. Yes please 

His highest transfer was £9M. Just me fantasizing though.

Market value
Current market value:
£7.20m
Last update:
Jul 29, 2020
Highest market value:
£9.90m
Dec 20, 2018

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Gordon 

Smith

Halkett

Popescu

Garrucio 

Haring

Irving

Roberts

Ginnelly 

Boyce

Naismith 

Decent 11 

Then 

Berra

Lee

Damour

Frear

Wightin

Walker

Smith

Hamilton

Walker will start if fit

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It’s still a SPL quality squad - a top 6 one at that

In my amateur championship manager view, we need to shift at least 5 more decent earners. As you say, top 6 prem side with prem wages in a weakened championship. We could field 2 different  starting squads that could win the league.

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Don't worry. This is the place to talk big about signings.

I see him as talent that is free.  The side i would put out would walk any league.All free agents. Probably cost £30M in wages over a three years. All fantasy though.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Cochrane, McDonald, Brandon and Moore and Henderson will all play a part imo

Brandon and Moore, for sure, not sure about Cochrane cos his career has went to shit. I really rate McDonald but he seems to have been stuck on the back burner. 

26 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

His highest transfer was £9M. Just me fantasizing though.

Market value
Current market value:
£7.20m
Last update:
Jul 29, 2020
Highest market value:
£9.90m
Dec 20, 2018

Some big numbers right there .

Gorgie Boot boy
5 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Brandon and Moore, for sure, not sure about Cochrane cos his career has went to shit. I really rate McDonald but he seems to have been stuck on the back burner. 

Harry trains as hard as the rest, he is another true sufferer of a previous malfunction regime.

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, GinRummy said:

Some big numbers right there .

Free agent too, if was signed him and he was outstanding. Well think about that investment made a year before .

Gorgie Boot boy
20 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Walker will start if fit

Jamie is deep into his fitness much like the squad, no issues. Watched Hearts TV footage and he looks involved in a lot of play has a few digs in him. Smiles and is looking like he has put on a bit of bite into his build and play. The squad looks to be shaping up well.

7 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Your decent team needs Ross Kelly and sorted.

I could look him up but fancy giving us the run down on Ross Kelky?

Edited by GinRummy

Gorgie Boot boy
10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I could look him up but fancy giving us the run down on Ross Kelky?

I was talking to my mate on the phone when typed it out, his last name is Kelly. Sorted it out now . Thanks

millerjames398
8 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

Call me outlandish, boring and boorish but I use pish.  Plain, simple and to the point.  People then know what I think of them and their opinions there and then.

Thats just Lillian gish😆

40 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Anyone tell me that our current squad is worse than our last Championship squad - please

run through it for me.

The current squad isn't worse but an injury to Haring would have us worse in central midfield IMO. It wouldn't tick as effectively as Gomis, Buaben and Pallardo did.

Gomis, Buaben and Pallardo.

v

Haring, Damour/Irving and Lee.

There's a debate for you all...or not maybe :laugh:

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Gordon 

Smith

Halkett

Popescu

Garrucio 

Haring

Irving

Roberts

Ginnelly 

Boyce

Naismith 

Decent 11 

Then 

Berra

Lee

Damour

Frear

Wightin

Walker

Smith

Hamilton

Can't see Walker not starting. Plus we've got Cochrane, McDonald, Moore, Henderson and Brandon. All promising youngsters (some more than others) with decent experience under their belts already. If Moore and Cochrane in particular can play very well against Celtic and Rangers, which they both have, then they can perform in the championship in the right system.

8 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It’s still a SPL quality squad - a top 6 one at that

We are looking a lot more balanced and have removed some of the deadwood but we are not a top 6 side in the SPL.

Aberdeen, Motherwell, Killie and the scum across the road currently have stronger teams.

Too many "big names on paper" players haven't been producing the goods for us. Haring is only just returning to football after nearly 20 months out. 

I think we will walk the Championship this season however the current squad would finish 7th or 8th in the SPL or at best be vying for that 6th spot.

We have a few good individual players that are top 6 quality but the majority of the squad needs improved if we have aspirations to compete in the top 6 next season.

Edited by Gorillajam

2 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

We are looking a lot more balanced and have removed some of the deadwood but we are not a top 6 side in the SPL.

Aberdeen, Motherwell, Killie and the scum across the road currently have stronger teams.

Too many "big names on paper" players haven't been producing the goods for us. Haring is only just returning to football after nearly 20 months out. 

I think we will walk the Championship this season however the current squad would finish 7th or 8th in the SPL or at best be vying for that 6th spot.

We have a few good individual players that are top 6 quality but the majority of the squad needs improved if we have aspirations to compete in the top 6 next season.

I think we need to allow for the extra RN can get out of a squad that has been allowed to get away with murder. Outwith tge OF and maybe Aberdeen rest of the Top 6 Isn’t really that great a jump. 

Killie will struggle this year as will Motherwell. Hibs are pish. They were as bad as us last season, they got a new manager bounce and we didn’t. They will take a couple of doings from the OF in the next week or so then watch them tumble down the league. 

With a fresh start and a manager like Robbie in I’d be expecting top 6 minimum with this squad. 

Going to come down to the players mind set and what Robbie can get out of them . 

If it's the same as last year we'll struggle to get promoted even against the rubbish on the Championship. 

They need to knuckle down , work their balls of and go the extra mile for the club , every single game. Will they ? Not sure tbh . 

Watched Motherwell last night against Coleraine they are absolutely honking

3 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

Last season was a shocker for a number of reasons but we were 14 points of top 6 when it was called.    In my view we inflicted so much damage on ourselves and the lack of a competent keeper alone cost us at least 10 points.   In my view the squad WAS a top 6 squad last season and is a top 6 squad now.  Which makes it all the more galling where we find ourselves.   

2 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Last season was a shocker for a number of reasons but we were 14 points of top 6 when it was called.    In my view we inflicted so much damage on ourselves and the lack of a competent keeper alone cost us at least 10 points.   In my view the squad WAS a top 6 squad last season and is a top 6 squad now.  Which makes it all the more galling where we find ourselves.   

We signed too many players who, for whatever reason, just were not ready or willing or able to compete well. Damour, White, Clare, Whelan, Wighton. Players who either were not willing to put the effort in because they didn’t really want to be at the club, recovering from injury, confidence issues or injury prone. We were not a top 6 team. Our midfield was absolutely gutless and our defence was error prone. Those two things equal bottom 6 and that’s where we ended up and deserved to end up. 

Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

Left back next on Robbie’s shopping list according to EEN

Interesting. Wonder if it’ll be somebody already mentioned on here. 

30 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

Watched Motherwell last night against Coleraine they are absolutely honking

Watched game also,there are some good players there,not so sure they are giving 100% to Robinson