Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

What does it mean? A fraud like the tv show?

Catfish - rhyming slang for pish

Or, 

A Catfish - someone who pretends to be someone they are not, usually on a dating site. 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Or, 

A Catfish - someone who pretends to be someone they are not, usually on a dating site. 

Nice one. Ta

9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Or, 

Never heard catfish as slang for pish. Much prefer using Colin Nish.

Edited by Dayman

will-i-am-a-jambo
8 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Yep me neither, we use single fish!

31 minutes ago, David Black said:

One more signing will do me. An Andy Halliday type would be perfect, then move some more out . What we have signed so far looks excellent but we need to see how the youngsters shape up this year. For to long their progress has been blocked with an oversized squad.

Agree. We're still a young team out with Berra, Smith, Naismith and Gordon.

Halliday's experience and work ethic would be invaluable for us IMO.

15 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

100%. Experience and a 100% every game every week player.. invaluable.. and more than good enough for the championship and the SPL

2 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Any links, cant find the usual yootube stuff. 

Searched with Mihail Popescu all i get us crappy europop music. Not my bag but the guys got talent. 

5 minutes ago, brux said:

Thanks brux, enjoyed that. Looks like all we need to do is get a decent delivery from set pieces. Now we've aquired a couple of decent wide men, and Ollie Lee also plays a good set piece, its all coming together. 

43 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Haring, Walker, Damour, Lee, White!!

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, David Black said:

Not surprising considering how most fans react to him. A couple of early goals and we will see a totally different player. Look at all the experts who thought after 2 games Haring was never a midfield player. 

The expert that bought him thought he was a defender and played him there until we were getting beat off a league 1 side. 

Pasquale for King

Here’s hoping the St Midden fans are a better judge of player as they loved this guy, the Romanians that have decided to come onto Hearts social media have slated him 😆.

15 minutes ago, brux said:

The dreaded YouTube video... 

Does look decent though. Still like a striker, centre mid and possibly another centre back. Might be asking for a bit much though! 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Or, 

1 hour ago, Dayman said:

55 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Yep me neither, we use single fish!

39 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

Single fish all week, and twice on a sunday👍🏼1😆

Call me outlandish, boring and boorish but I use pish.  Plain, simple and to the point.  People then know what I think of them and their opinions there and then.

20 minutes ago, brux said:

Not frightened to attack the ball rather than let the ball hit his head, I like!

See you soon Porteous 😘

Leveins Battalion

For me we a good enough squad to win the Championship,if i am being greedy i would like a 

quality LB.A ball playing CM and another striker.

Welcome to Heart of Midlothian Football Club,  Mihai Popescu, enjoy the experience of playing for the best club in the land.

So glad to eventually have a thread title change. 🙂

As for people moving on already to inexplicably wish for a substandard player we don’t need because unknown reasons, gonna ignore I think.

19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Here’s hoping the St Midden fans are a better judge of player as they loved this guy, the Romanians that have decided to come onto Hearts social media have slated him 😆.

The ones that live in Leith.😁😁😁

21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don't see any?

Just now, Arthur Morgan said:

I don't see any?

They’re all over Facebook. I thought this place could be a bit Carstairs but Facebook takes it up a notch

1 hour ago, David Black said:

One more signing will do me. An Andy Halliday type would be perfect, then move some more out . What we have signed so far looks excellent but we need to see how the youngsters shape up this year. For to long their progress has been blocked with an oversized squad.

One of my son’s mates is a hun, he’s been following them home and away for years. After the earlier “ debate “ about Halliday i messaged him and this is his reply. “ When he played for us he played his heart out and played for the jersey, he did well for us in the lower leagues and did well when Gerrard first arrived. I’ve heard he’s a real leader in the dressing room. If you got him he could be a cracking player for you. Also did well at left back. Only left Rangers to get game time. “

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I don't see any?

Or were you talking about St Midden fans?

26A5B115-A1A7-4792-B7DA-6DEBB1ED81E8.jpeg

9F0FE0FC-C26E-46E0-9CF3-51E818639569.jpeg

545B834A-5A47-449B-9A53-64EF472BE995.png

Edited by Pasquale for King

10 minutes ago, bazman said:

Popescu waiting on his plane as we speak

Gee Wizz

Edited by Tasavallan

A_A wehatethehibs

To be fair if the guy is a clogger center half that can heid it but can’t kick a ball, that makes him a contender for the Scotland squad already 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

To be fair if the guy is a clogger center half that can heid it but can’t kick a ball, that makes him a contender for the Scotland squad already 

Five years residency is a bit far off tbh. 

A_A wehatethehibs
16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Five years residency is a bit far off tbh. 

Damn, there goes our hopes of reaching a tournament then as we’ll have to keep playing McKenna 

46 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Or were you talking about St Midden fans?

26A5B115-A1A7-4792-B7DA-6DEBB1ED81E8.jpeg

9F0FE0FC-C26E-46E0-9CF3-51E818639569.jpeg

545B834A-5A47-449B-9A53-64EF472BE995.png

I knew that Dinamo are absolutely shite, a shite team in a pretty shit league and given this guy had been pie'd off to the reserves, it doesn't fill me with hope. 

Him and Halkett at the back might not be good viewing for those with dodgy tickers. 

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I knew that Dinamo are absolutely shite, a shite team in a pretty shit league and given this guy had been pie'd off to the reserves, it doesn't fill me with hope. 

Him and Halkett at the back might not be good viewing for those with dodgy tickers. 

They’ll be playing against cheap lower league journeymen and children. 

Edited by GinRummy

The noises coming from Paisley are pretty encouraging so fingers crossed he does well for us. Looks like the kind of aggressive player who will smash through anything or anyone to header the ball whatever end of the pitch he's at and that's a pretty good starting point for a centre back in the Championship. If he can play out from the back then even better. 

Sitting waiting on his flight over here as we speak, according to his Instagram. 

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

They’ll be playing against cheap lower league journeymen and children. 

Yeah perhaps. He'll do for a season.

We said the same things about El Poppadom hands to Huddersfield fans though. I don't think we were wrong, Dinamo fans probably aren't wrong either. 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I think they’re a big club in a shit league, sounds familiar. I suppose we will need to judge him for ourselves. 

10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Yeah perhaps. He'll do for a season.

We said the same things about El Poppadom hands to Huddersfield fans though. I don't think we were wrong, Dinamo fans probably aren't wrong either. 

😂 at el poppadom hands. See what happens. None of the new signings strike me as long term, which is a bit disappointing in a way. At least they’re for the positions we need and really only need to beat poor opposition most weeks. 

Edited by GinRummy

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think they’re a big club in a shit league, sounds familiar. I suppose we will need to judge him for ourselves. 

They were a big club for many years. I think they've falling away a bit in the last decade though. Last 3 seasons they've finished 7th, 9th and 13th. I remember them as the biggest club in Romania along with Steaua. 

7 hours ago, The American said:

Since names are getting chucked in how about Kinglat Ehits 

:lol:

his takling is shite though.

Edited by Beast Boy

30 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

The noises coming from Paisley are pretty encouraging so fingers crossed he does well for us. Looks like the kind of aggressive player who will smash through anything or anyone to header the ball whatever end of the pitch he's at and that's a pretty good starting point for a centre back in the Championship. If he can play out from the back then even better. 

Sitting waiting on his flight over here as we speak, according to his Instagram. 

a phrase i never expected to see/hear

Gorgie Boot boy
16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

😂 at el poppadom hands. See what happens. None of the new signings strike me as long term, which is a bit disappointing in a way. At least they’re for the positions we need and really only need to beat poor opposition most weeks. 

I think it is a two year deal. The eastern Europeans are a tough lot to please, their players are usually strong workhorses. Plenty players are shunted into the reserves, this guy is not in their plans but he seemingly is in ours. 

Whilst I hope he is a real asset to the team, if he turns out to be Tom Kite, or even David Nish, will there be a chant incorporating  '**** the Pope....escu?'