Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Jamboscanbevicius

Looks another logical signing 👏 good age, experience of our league, and a known quantity. Welcome!

After being stung with guys like Whelan, I am actually happier with this than the likes of Tommy Smith. He’s still at an age where he has something to prove and could get an even bigger move if he excels!

Edited by Jamboscanbevicius

Excellent news. Needed a keeper, got a keeper. Needed wide players, got wide players. Needed a centre back, got a centre back. A ruffian midfielder and cover for strikers (on the off chance Wighton doesn't do well) next please.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Excellent news. Needed a keeper, got a keeper. Needed wide players, got wide players. Needed a centre back, got a centre back. A ruffian midfielder and cover for strikers (on the off chance Wighton doesn't do well) next please.

To be honest from the clips of training and the 11v11 game Wighton has looked very sharp. But then translating training pitch and reserve form to first team has been his problem since joining us. Maybe a different coaching team will help him make the transition. 

Stricker next please !!  

Followed by a box to box, colin cameron type midfielder...  aye  ? or a rotten niggling broony type ?

:cornette:

rudi must stay

Don't know why but delighted with this one and was quite desperate for it to happen. I think he'll be very good and could become a fans favourite. Welcome Mihai 

10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

To be honest from the clips of training and the 11v11 game Wighton has looked very sharp. But then translating training pitch and reserve form to first team has been his problem since joining us. Maybe a different coaching team will help him make the transition. 

He's got his wee spell at Arbroath in his plus column as well. He's also going to be up against some pretty poor defenders compared to last season. I'm cautiously optimistic.

17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No idea if true but Apparently suffers from nerves that hinders him on match days. Hopefully the new coaching setup can get him over that. 

Just now, Dazo said:

No idea if true but Apparently suffers from nerves that hinders him on match days. Hopefully the new coaching setup can get him over that. 

I suffer the same. 😳

4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Not surprising considering how most fans react to him. A couple of early goals and we will see a totally different player. Look at all the experts who thought after 2 games Haring was never a midfield player. 

Edited by David Black

1 minute ago, David Black said:

Not surprising considering how most fans react to him. A couple of early goals and we will see a totally different player. Look at all the experts who thought after 2 games Haring was never a midfield player. 

Absolutely. To be fair I’ve been willing him to do well in games but he’s been poor. Never got the booing our own players though. 

18 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

definitely agree. I’ve known a lot of players who are good in training/5 asides etc but when it comes to match day don’t perform. Could be a number of reasons but I think the main one is mentality and the ability to handle pressure. It’s easy in a training game to try a harder pass, try beat a man etc but in front of 18,000 fans who will be on your back as soon as you give the ball away or make a little mistake is totally different. I’m not saying the fans were not justified in their grilling of him but playing in front of no fans could well work in his favour. He must certainly have a bit of confidence in him now with what Robbie has said in the press and also with his goals. Let’s hope so, must be a player there somewhere! 

7 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Absolutely. To be fair I’ve been willing him to do well in games but he’s been poor. Never got the booing our own players though. 

Lot of people use football to release pent-up life frustrations I think.

14 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I have never moaned at a young player ever,however I make up for it with the experienced ones.

A_A wehatethehibs

Fingers crossed he’ll be a good signing 

I’m not going to label him a good signing until he’s played, I’m a bit weary of thinking players are good signings then they turn out to be utter pish 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

4 minutes ago, R08813 said:

Any idea if a fee was paid and how much? Apologies if I've missed this already 

someone posted that he was released so no fee.

Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

Scumdee in for Cifti, former Arab striker

Cifti and Adams would be 2 good signings

Hagar the Horrible

Welcome big man we need a replacement for Soutar, he has to self iscolate for 2 weeks before he can train, so wont make the PT game.  2 year deal

3 minutes ago, brux said:

Just watched some footage of him, he is a no messing Callum Patterson type threat at set pieces 

With Halkett and Haring being prolific from set pieces and Lee and Irving having decent delivery I reckon we'll be pretty hard to stop from corners

Just now, neilnunb said:

Another club recently pleading poverty suddenly finding money 🙄

Could be that they are going "all-out" to reach the lad of milk and honey that is the Premiership. Spending money they really don't have to win promotion.

Which of course will make it all the more delicious when they finish 14 points behind us in 2nd and lose their play-off. Beautiful.

9 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Scumdee in for Cifti, former Arab striker

apparently signed for some turkish team three weeks ago, playing with Loic Remy

17 minutes ago, brux said:

Just watched some footage of him, he is a no messing Callum Patterson type threat at set pieces 

Any links, cant find the usual yootube stuff. 

Searched with Mihail Popescu all i get us crappy europop music. Not my bag but the guys got talent. 

Edited by TypoonJambo

10 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Really just going into more debt.

47 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

a suitable time has passed for the Celtic bribe money to start trickling into their account.

Normally cautious with most signings tbh, but feel quite content with this one for some reason?

Seeing glimpses of the guy from a couple years back portrayed him as a pretty decent find.  Looks like he loved playing in our style of game and took to it quickly.  

Always a sign of a strong mentality, “not giving a f***”, fearless nature.  Hope in time it shows that in a maroon jersey.  

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

someone posted that he was released so no fee.

Cheers! Very good business in that case, good player by the looks of things from a good club. Very shrewd signing 

Just now, R08813 said:

Cheers! Very good business in that case, good player by the looks of things from a good club. Very shrewd signing 

Dinamo Bucharest are absolutely catfish btw and he was released by them. I wouldn’t get my hopes up. 

One more signing will do me. An Andy Halliday type would be perfect, then move some more out . What we have signed so far looks excellent but we need to see how the youngsters shape up this year. For to long their progress has been blocked with an oversized squad.

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Dinamo Bucharest are absolutely catfish btw and he was released by them. I wouldn’t get my hopes up. 

I only found out what catfish meant at the weekend. Sign of being out of touch I suppose. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I only found out what catfish meant at the weekend. Sign of being out of touch I suppose. 

What does it mean? A fraud like the tv show?