Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

complete control
1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

If we get a decent offer for Souttar then I would bite their hands off. 
Injury prone and in all honesty, a bit overrated.

The Hickey deal would certainly be a good one if it comes to fruition.

A big bit overrated  🤙

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If Smith moves to rangers I'll cry, need a name change as well. 

Maybe, Christophe's glass legs ::troll::

Edited by Marvin

We need to keep the good defenders we have. The ridiculous sack launch ‘em all style of the last few years has seen us leak goals like a sieve. Bring in one good experienced CB to add to the pool we have, and keep Smith, Halkett, Souttar and Berra. Find the partnership that ticks all the boxes, and stick to it. No more ****ing about with the back line. Rossi would be my shout from the former players that are getting bandies about, but I’m sure there’s plenty others out there who we could bring in to add to our pool.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

We need to keep the good defenders we have. The ridiculous sack launch ‘em all style of the last few years has seen us leak goals like a sieve. Bring in one good experienced CB to add to the pool we have, and keep Smith, Halkett, Souttar and Berra. Find the partnership that ticks all the boxes, and stick to it. No more ****ing about with the back line. Rossi would be my shout from the former players that are getting bandies about, but I’m sure there’s plenty others out there who we could bring in to add to our pool.

If Smith stays we need to focus on bringing in a right back. We looked most solid last season when he was in central defence. Think Clare or Brandon could do well enough in the championship but Brandon’s injury record is worrying so need another one. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Maybe, Christophe's glass legs ::troll::

I've found it's a dangerous game using current players, I might play safe - choose an oldie... 

Boycey's Bonce is my preferred option but need to make sure he stays first. 

Tennant's  6's
13 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Based on his last reign, I'm more confident in the calibre of player that Robbie's looks at than CL's.

That wouldn't be hard tbf..

The strategy of singing old pros (to pass on experience to younger lads) and guys that had lost there way just didn't work at all. 

I think that we'll see a far more disciplined & fit team for next season, with a more professional approach running throughout the club. 

God knows it needs it

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

So it begins 

Thank ****! If nothing else, at least this thread feels like normality 😀.

Edited by GinRummy

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Tennant's 6's said:

That wouldn't be hard tbf..

The strategy of singing old pros (to pass on experience to younger lads) and guys that had lost there way just didn't work at all. 

I think that we'll see a far more disciplined & fit team for next season, with a more professional approach running throughout the club. 

God knows it needs it

That's effectively the point I was trying to make. The difference in overall fitness, attitude and application between Robbie's two years and CL's tenure was astounding.

Tennant's  6's
3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

That's effectively the point I was trying to make. The difference in overall fitness, attitude and application between Robbie's two years and CL's tenure was astounding.

You're not wrong,  don't what happened to Levein as that used to be one of the hallmarks of his teams..

The players that have been linked, whether there's any truth to it, are certainly the type of players that this team desperately needs.

24 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

you should change it to Damour 🤣

Bazzas right boot
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

There's risky then there's that! 

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

‘Damour’s Dodgy Dithering’ is a good name change for SRB. At least we know Damour will be here for a while because nobody else will take him ☹️

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, complete control said:

A big bit overrated  🤙

Better of any the hibs shite you have, even with injuries. 

MarkDevriesScores4

Michael Smith has been consistently our best player for some time. He’s worth more to us than we would get selling him in my opinion. 

Pasquale for King
13 hours ago, bajthejambo said:

Why would anybody want to sign Souttar? I'm not doubting your info, it just seems bizarre to me. He's had serious injuries the entirety of his Hearts career and wasn't even performing well when he has played in the past year or so. If we're offered money for him, we should bite their hand off.

We probably need three or four central defenders coming in.

Absolutely, I would take any bid that came in. Will Berra and Halkett be good enough for the Championship is the question on how many CHs we need I suppose.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

‘Damour’s Dodgy Dithering’ is a good name change for SRB. At least we know Damour will be here for a while because nobody else will take him ☹️

👍😂

34 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

His game time would be limited surely with Captain Tavernier.

Tokyo Drifter
13 hours ago, 19/05/2012 said:

No more loans from Man City please they have hurt us enough 

Yup.

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely, I would take any bid that came in. Will Berra and Halkett be good enough for the Championship is the question on how many CHs we need I suppose.

The thing about Halkett is he’s not an awful footballer. For me, he could do well as a holding midfielder, where straying out of position isn’t as much of a disaster. It’s his positioning that’s the worst part of his game and it’s more critical in defence. Every time I say this, either on here or to my mates, I get shot down but I think he could do well there. Haring was bought as a defender and converted so could work. 

Edited by GinRummy

6 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Michael Smith has been consistently our best player for some time. He’s worth more to us than we would get selling him in my opinion. 

Agree he’s been good, however he’s also 32 in September. Should be looking to the future, would like us to look for younger options if not promote from within.

The Championship will be such a poor standard this year we can afford to give a real chance to someone like Jamie Brandon If we can’t find someone from another club. A run of games alongside more experienced pros could develop him into a solid player. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Walrus said:

Tbh, rangers might sell him and Morelos. 

And I would consider playing Smith rb and tavernier rm if I had both. 

Smith maybe just wants the largest pay day possible as well now, as fans we often discount the players wants, if they want a move, generally they get a move. 

Tokyo Drifter

Souttar to Villa for a fee is a good move for us, not sure about them given his injuries.

Hickey deal looks sweet enough.

Lafferty & Sow: no thanks.

Need to hang on to Michael Smith & I'd like to see Christophe back at Tynie. He'd stroll the Championship if fully fit. The lapse in form only came after long layoffs and bad injuries.

Sam N: yes, please.

Doyle: See ya.

MarkDevriesScores4
Just now, Goodfella said:

Agree he’s been good, however he’s also 32 in September. Should be looking to the future, would like us to look for younger options if not promote from within.

The Championship will be such a poor standard this year we can afford to give a real chance to someone like Jamie Brandon If we can’t find someone from another club. A run of games alongside more experienced pros could develop him into a solid player. 

I agree and would usually be all for that but I think Michael looks fitter than most of the young lads. He obviously looks after himself like any good professional. I think he’s got a couple of good seasons still ahead of him and I’d like them to be at tynecastle. I also hope young Jamie can push on and become as good if not better but that’ll take time.

33 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If Smith stays we need to focus on bringing in a right back. We looked most solid last season when he was in central defence. Think Clare or Brandon could do well enough in the championship but Brandon’s injury record is worrying so need another one. 

I like Smith in a central role too.

10 minutes ago, Walrus said:

Smith is a better player than Tavernier.

bajthejambo
12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I've been quite vocal about my feelings on Halkett elsewhere. Particularly, when a certain local journalist tipped him for a Scotland cap. I'd hope he'd be fine in the Championship and I think he might benefit from Neilson's intense training schedule. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The thing about Halkett is he’s not an awful footballer. For me, he could do well as a holding midfielder, where straying out of position isn’t as much of a disaster. It’s his positioning that’s the worst part of his game and it’s more critical in defence. Every time I say this, either on here or to my mates, I get shot down but I think he could do well there. Haring was bought as a defender and converted so could work. 

Have to agree with this, I’ve said it a few times too. His lack of pace would be less exposed in midfield. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

I've been quite vocal about my feelings on Halkett elsewhere. Particularly, when a certain local journalist tipped him for a Scotland cap. I'd hope he'd be fine in the Championship and I think he might benefit from Neilson's intense training schedule. 

Definitely, it’s not going to make him any quicker though which is the main problem for me. 

14 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Aaron Hickey will almost certainly  join Manchester City in a permanent deal this window, with the option of loaning back for upto 18 months. The payment from Man City will be in installments and will include a 31% sell on clause to Hearts. Hearts will not pay any percent of his wage if he does return on loan. A left winger is also being looked at on loan from City.

Colin Doyle to leave soon. 

Interest in John Souttar from Aston Villa, John McGinn has suggested that he is considered.

Michael Smith is in the thoughts of several english championship sides, aswell as Rangers.

Sam Nicholson desperate to come back to Hearts but has interest from Bristol City & Aberdeen.

Robbie has earmarked 6 current players he would like to move on, and is in discussion regarding a player from dunfermline and a loan signing from Arsenal. 

3 ex players are currently out of contract and have offered to come back for little or no wages until January. 

Keen on a central midfielder who is at Motherwell. 

I like your transfer threads Daz, always a good read. 

Happy to see the Hickey deal looks to be close to done (finally). It looks like the relationship we were trying to build with City has survived Levein & Macphee - would you agree? As far as the left winger goes, I wonder who? Had a wee look at City's academy but there weren't any listed (:D).

Souttar to Villa? Seems a daft transfer, he's too injury prone and you need momentum, especially with how cut throat it is down south. If they've got the money though, then fair enough. If we did lose Souttar, I'd be keen on Kerr from St Johnstone.

Smith to Rangers I don't like. Tavernier is their captain, he'd be playing 2nd fiddle. Don't like at all. If he wants to go, try and get him down south. 

3 ex-players? Nicholson, Lafferty & Dikamona ? 

CM at Motherwell, I'd bite your arm off for Campbell but they've probably got him earmarked for a big transfer. That said, he's out of contract 2021. Liam Donnelly was the other one that came to mind, but looking he's 2022.

David Black
19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Haring played most of his time as a midfielder in Austria before converting to CB there. I think he only played around 2 years at CB. Could be wrong though. it has been known.

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely, it’s not going to make him any quicker though which is the main problem for me. 

It could make him a little quicker, if he sheds a couple of pounds and as long as his positional sense improves, he doesn’t need to be lightning fast. Some of the best centrehalves in the game were not very quick, but they were always in the right place at the right time. (Caveat - not comparing on footballing ability 🙄) Cannavaro is the best example for me. He was ALWAYS in the right place at the right time, and this made up for the lack of pace as he got older. Davie Weir in his later years is another example.

8 minutes ago, David Black said:

Haring played most of his time as a midfielder in Austria before converting to CB there. I think he only played around 2 years at CB. Could be wrong though. it has been known.

Never realised that. 

bajthejambo
27 minutes ago, OTT said:

I like your transfer threads Daz, always a good read. 

Happy to see the Hickey deal looks to be close to done (finally). It looks like the relationship we were trying to build with City has survived Levein & Macphee - would you agree? As far as the left winger goes, I wonder who? Had a wee look at City's academy but there weren't any listed (:D).

Souttar to Villa? Seems a daft transfer, he's too injury prone and you need momentum, especially with how cut throat it is down south. If they've got the money though, then fair enough. If we did lose Souttar, I'd be keen on Kerr from St Johnstone.

Smith to Rangers I don't like. Tavernier is their captain, he'd be playing 2nd fiddle. Don't like at all. If he wants to go, try and get him down south. 

3 ex-players? Nicholson, Lafferty & Dikamona ? 

CM at Motherwell, I'd bite your arm off for Campbell but they've probably got him earmarked for a big transfer. That said, he's out of contract 2021. Liam Donnelly was the other one that came to mind, but looking he's 2022.

Kerr is a great shout. Not sure about his contract situation though?

bajthejambo
22 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It could make him a little quicker, if he sheds a couple of pounds and as long as his positional sense improves, he doesn’t need to be lightning fast. Some of the best centrehalves in the game were not very quick, but they were always in the right place at the right time. (Caveat - not comparing on footballing ability 🙄) Cannavaro is the best example for me. He was ALWAYS in the right place at the right time, and this made up for the lack of pace as he got older. Davie Weir in his later years is another example.

That's what I was getting at. His physique changing would be a good start.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Thank ****! If nothing else, at least this thread feels like normality 😀.

I don't remember normal. 

Not sure when we will see it again 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

Kerr is a great shout. Not sure about his contract situation though?

Kerr moved to St Mirren,  sure of it. Along with the right back 

8 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

That's what I was getting at. His physique changing would be a good start.

Yep. Agreed.

bajthejambo
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Kerr moved to St Mirren,  sure of it. Along with the right back 

Tait from Motherwell signed for them. Not sure about Kerr? He's St Johnstone's captain is he not?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

Tait from Motherwell signed for them. Not sure about Kerr? He's St Johnstone's captain is he not?

Maybe my imagination,  sure I saw an article and wondered how St Mirren were able to get Motherwell players 

56 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Smith is a better player than Tavernier.

I don't doubt that but someone has to take all those penalties they get!

Haringshairband
49 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Why give an opinion on a forum 

.... Aye it's a head scratcher. 

It's fine giving an opinion of you make it clear it is just that and not act like your Ann Budge's closest pal.

If I were a Rangers fan and someone told me Michael Smith, who couldn't cross a ball to save his life, was Taveniers replacement, I'd be absolutely gutted. 

M. Smith is replaceable. His loss will be barely noticed. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If I were a Rangers fan and someone told me Michael Smith, who couldn't cross a ball to save his life, was Taveniers replacement, I'd be absolutely gutted. 

Its noticeable when he doesn't play. 

Smith or Brandon,  not a tough call

complete control
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Better watch or that prick who wanted hibs to win the cup will call u a hun. Don't think he likes it when u say one of our players is overrated.  

bajthejambo

Smith reads the game well, that's  probably why he's comfortable in various areas of the park, but his delivery does leave a lot to be desired.