Celebrity Masterchef 2020

scottishguy

scottishguy

Watching this tonight, who the hell are the celebrities? John Barnes, fair enough, but who the heck are the rest if them? BBC scraping the barrel! Loads of people canceling their tv license fee and they cant afford proper so called celebrities.

Салатные палочки

Couldn't watch it the other night due to that loudmouth mockney idiot. "BOSH!". Absolute walloper. 

Turns out he's an apprentice reject. 

31 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Couldn't watch it the other night due to that loudmouth mockney idiot. "BOSH!". Absolute walloper. 

Turns out he's a reject. 

FTFY

Салатные палочки
14 minutes ago, EH11_2NL said:

FTFY

A Mockney Reject. 

15 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

A Mockney Reject. 

Aha.......I see what you did there :rock2:

13 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Turns out he's an apprentice reject. 

He bloody annoys me too. He does seem to find his way around a kitchen tbf.

It’s always the same with these type of shows. They use the ‘celebrity’ in the loosest possible term.

4 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

It’s always the same with these type of shows. They use the ‘celebrity’ in the loosest possible term.

Not really. It's just some folk get mixed up between a star and a celebrity. 

John Barnes was a football star in his day, these days calling him a celebrity is pushing it, but it's all about being known. You and I knowing John Barnes is no different from others knowing someone from Towie or YouTube, it doesn't make it them any better or worse. 

My advice, as ever, watch it or don't. Simple! 

Салатные палочки

That Sam Kwek is like a young Melanie Sykes 😍

Apart from Jimmy and that bald guy, I have no idea who any of them are. 

Салатные палочки
2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

You don’t know who Phil Daniels is? Surprising. 

Though not sure I know many either😂

Bag of Chips is a person, well I never.

:laugh2: yeah, Jimmy!! 

Салатные палочки

If a nice looking lass puts a plate of dog shite down to Gregg he would say it was nice. 

:greggy:

• 5 months later...

My Mrs subjects me to no end of these cookery programmes.

I just wonder if these professional chefs ever  have to cost a meal that they plonk down in front of the judges? 

I mean...gold leaf being sprinkled over lightly poached kangaroo bollocks in a reduction of hammerhead shark jizz with 47 types of greenery...that would be dearer than a red box of cheesey pasta.

Thought the young guy that won Masterchef the Professionals the other night was really good.

Been watching the Christmas Great British Menu last couple of weeks. 👌

11 minutes ago, Boof said:

My Mrs subjects me to no end of these cookery programmes.

I just wonder if these professional chefs ever  have to cost a meal that they plonk down in front of the judges? 

I mean...gold leaf being sprinkled over lightly poached kangaroo bollocks in a reduction of hammerhead shark jizz with 47 types of greenery...that would be dearer than a red box of cheesey pasta.

I’ve always thought that. They should do a challenge to work within a budget. I love the show but the food waste is astonishing. You get things like “and Rab is making a fillet of turbot poached in saffron butter” at which point the camera cuts to Rab filleting an entire turbot to produce 2 plates of food. You won’t get a whole turbot for less than £50. I don’t know why but it’s always the fish dishes that get me this way. 

On 08/07/2020 at 21:05, Salad Fingers said:

That Sam Kwek is like a young Melanie Sykes 😍

Apart from Jimmy and that bald guy, I have no idea who any of them are. 

Probably the best thing thought of on the Internet today.

:greggy:

Just bought a whole chicken to roast, not bought one in ages because they're usually shite, any tips on how to cook it? 

Already covered it on olive oil, herbs and garlic. 

4 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Just bought a whole chicken to roast, not bought one in ages because they're usually shite, any tips on how to cook it? 

Half a lemon up it’s farter helps. I’d also give it a good run all over with butter instead of oil. And don’t cover it in foil despite what some people do, keep an eye on the skin getting too crispy and baste it if it is. 

Konrad von Carstein
5 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Fill the cavity with a quartered lemon, some garlic cloves and any herbs you fancy, brush the bird all over with an olive oil, salt and black pepper mix.

Into the oven 220 deg for 10 minutes then 180 ish until juices run clear (or follow pack cooking instructions...

Your bird will be moist and tender at the end of this process

*Kenneth Williams*

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Half a lemon up it’s farter helps. I’d also give it a good run all over with butter instead of oil. And don’t cover it in foil despite what some people do, keep an eye on the skin getting too crispy and baste it if it is. 

I was going to ask about the foil, ha. I've actually just covered it with some cos i don't normally, I'll take off with 20 minutes to go and let you know the outcome. 

I want it to be nice a moist, but it will no doubt end up being shite. 

Got in a fan assisted on 170 degrees, usually give it an hour and half but i'll take a look at it after an hour. 

Not got any lemon to ram up its hole, unfortunately. 

I've never watched it since the muffdivingly beautiful Liz Mcclarnon won it, I do really lije the Professional Masterchef, it's just finished but it was a great series. 

24 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Got in a fan assisted on 170 degrees, usually give it an hour and half but i'll take a look at it after an hour. 

Not got any lemon to ram up its hole, unfortunately. 

It’s pretty hard to overlook a chicken if you keep an eye on it and baste it. Make sure it’s cooked properly. If you don’t have a thermometer it’s ready when you push a skewer into the thickest part of the chicken and the juices run clear. A good test is pulling on a leg bone and if if comes apart at the joint it’s ready. 

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It’s pretty hard to overlook a chicken if you keep an eye on it and baste it. Make sure it’s cooked properly. If you don’t have a thermometer it’s ready when you push a skewer into the thickest part of the chicken and the juices run clear. A good test is pulling on a leg bone and if if comes apart at the joint it’s ready. 

Probably need to upgrade my kitchen equipment to be fair, thermometer is now on the xmas list. 

I'll do a bit of basting as instructed. 

7 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Probably need to upgrade my kitchen equipment to be fair, thermometer is now on the xmas list. 

I'll do a bit of basting as instructed. 

You can get a decent instant read thermometer on Amazon for a tenner. Makes a real difference when cooking meat as it becomes less guesswork. 

It's looking nice an juicy, the bones are just sliding off, only had a couple of jalapenos left in the jar so i poured all the brine over the chicken, feck it.