Guess the compensation

Neil Dongcaster

Neil Dongcaster

Now the increasingly likely reality has hit home that we are down. What do we think the compensation figure will be?

I’ll plump for £1.2million, maybe increased to represent fewer championship games.

Prizes to the closest guess include a JJ smiley.

Edited by Neil Dongcaster

£250,000 plus being guaranteed to draw Celtic in the early rounds of every single cup competition until 2030.

Just now, Southpaw said:

£250,000 plus being guaranteed to draw Celtic in the early rounds of every single cup competition until 2030.

Winner. Close thread. 

Neil Dongcaster
1 minute ago, Southpaw said:

Especially harsh as Celtic won’t even be allowed to play with their youngsters.*

*Pending their own court case

It depends if we will be enforced down there longer due to no promotion or relegation being possible 

5 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Especially harsh as Celtic won’t even be allowed to play with their youngsters.*

*Pending their own court case

😂

Clerry Jambo
10 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

It depends if we will be enforced down there longer due to no promotion or relegation being possible 

This

I don't think we should accept compensation. Its like accepting your 30 pieces of silver. Plus any figure shouldn't be a figure the SPFL are comfortable with. I.e if they suggest the figure it should be laughed at. 

Try and push it all the way, if compo is discussed we shouldn't be accepting less than £5m. It needs to be painful. There needs to be an understanding that this isn't okay. 

Neil Dongcaster
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

I don't think we should accept compensation. Its like accepting your 30 pieces of silver. Plus any figure shouldn't be a figure the SPFL are comfortable with. I.e if they suggest the figure it should be laughed at. 

Try and push it all the way, if compo is discussed we shouldn't be accepting less than £5m. It needs to be painful. There needs to be an understanding that this isn't okay. 

I think you are confusing a settlement and compensation/damages.

Edited by Neil Dongcaster

The Gorgie

Whatever you get for finishing 12th(as a minimum) plus whatever tv money we would lose out on. Less then £3m.

Rick James
40 minutes ago, Southpaw said:

Our manager will love the money spinning cup ties. 

::troll::

queensferryjambo

A million pound fine and a 15 point deduction for trying to take them to court.

It's in the SPFL rule book - that they are rewriting as we speak..................

Hectormasson
2 hours ago, H2 said:

With the SFA doing it I'd put it as Zero. Independent panel Lawless, Doncaster and Nelmes

We will get the hole in the doughnut  guaranteed !  Sfa & spfl f....g hate us !!! As we hate these shower of weegie b......s ......

carnockjambo

Because we were demoted by SPFL we will loose roughly £2 million in lost gams as championship is 27 games. Add loss is Sky money and SPFL league position money it heading to £5 million. 

3 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Now the increasingly likely reality has hit home that we are down. What do we think the compensation figure will be?

I’ll plump for £1.2million, maybe increased to represent fewer championship games.

Prizes to the closest guess include a JJ smiley.

**** off with your defeatest shit. 

This is far from finished. 

TyphoonJambo

A bag of chips, a macaroon bar, nope sorry thats a different celtic story🧐🤔

Neil Dongcaster
5 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Has any other team who has been relegated in this manner in Europe (if any) received compensation?

I don’t think any of the other leagues had the vote fiasco we did.

It will be £1 million for hearts and £250k for Partick I reckon. The SFA will want to pretend that they’ve been fair and clean up as much as possible.

Despite that being nowhere near fair.

manaliveits105

Once they decide and if its another attempted shafting there will be civil unrest I fear 

protests are allowed after all 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
2 hours ago, jambo mark said:

£3m to HMFC and 500k to partick

This...perhaps £750k for PT

Guest ToqueJambo

800k. Our parachute payment would be 300k I think and Hamilton's would have been 500k if they'd lost the playoffs that were scrapped. They might split that between us, Thistle and Stranraer. In fact they should have done that already.

The Continental Op

£1.5 million in instalments, part suspended for a year and removed when we bounce back at the first attempt.

If we win the cup, add half a million to our claim for missing out on UEFA Europa league prize money.

Neil Dongcaster
38 minutes ago, luckydug said:

**** off with your defeatest shit. 

This is far from finished. 

You think that our hopes of staying in the premiership are far from finished? Based on what? 

skinnybob72

Nothing. Not a penny - and we'll be made to pick up the tab for the SFA hearing as well. 

kevins_barnet
44 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Has any other team who has been relegated in this manner in Europe (if any) received compensation?

Not relegated but Cambuur in The Netherlands were denied promotion when the Dutch league ended the season prematurely. They were awarded €425,000.

Newspaper article with compo

RustyRightPeg

I don't think we were ever expecting to be reinstated to the league realistically, I think this is more of a hunt for the appropriate compensation.

I'll go for £3M.

Jamstomorrow
3 hours ago, Jambo61 said:

Or.................£1 million with a £2 million fine for taking it to court!

This was my thought.

Fluorescent Adolescent
26 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

This was my thought.

Well you clearly never listened to the Judges verdict today.

Unlucky.

Jamstomorrow
9 minutes ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

Unlucky.

You are quite astute in your observation.  I did not listen to the Judges verdict today.

Greedy Jambo
11 minutes ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

Unlucky.

What was the Judges verdict? cos i thought it was "i'm palming this off to the sfa cos i'm no wanting anything to do with this scottish football shite, but hey, i'll give you a glimmer of hope, here's a voucher to see the spfl's documents, Best of luck. 

Fluorescent Adolescent
28 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

What was the Judges verdict? cos i thought it was "i'm palming this off to the sfa cos i'm no wanting anything to do with this scottish football shite, but hey, i'll give you a glimmer of hope, here's a voucher to see the spfl's documents, Best of luck. 

**** off, Shteve. 

You’re far too dumb to even bother with.

Away and start a thread about peanut butter.

Greedy Jambo
Just now, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

**** off, Shteve. 

You’re far too dumb to even bother with.

Away and start a thread about peanut butter.

Who's Shteve? and why are you calling him dumb?