jonesy

An open letter to Neil Doncaster, plus assorted other liars, charlatans and blaggards.

jonesy

My son is eight years old. Tonight he watched Manchester City thrash Liverpool. He knew all the line ups for both teams. He knew when to shout at VAR*. A month ago, he barely knew that either existed. He was, and still is, Hearts daft. But something has changed.

When the SPFL decided to put a gun to the heads of its constituent clubs (aka shareholders - who knew?) by offering money in return for ensuring Celtic were handed their nobody-else-really-cares-in-a-row title, Scottish football changed. Sure, underneath it all things have been pretty skewed for a long time. But now it was out in the open. The big fish were to get their big feed, and access to the Champions League, while the small fry would, you thought, be content with whatever scraps were thrown their way.

My son was still on a high from watching Hearts win the last derby 3-1. We watched the goals daily. Sure, his optimism had taken a hit when we lost to St Mirren*, but we still had 24 points to play for. And despite a jaded father who has seen his team stuff things up more times than he cares to remember, for an eight year old boy, his team will always have a chance. But no, that chance was taken away from him. Similarly, it was taken away from the fans of Partick, Inverness, Dundee (ironically enough), Falkirk and Stranraer. The wee bit of magic that football gives us, by being eleven-v-eleven and on any given Saturday, etc. Your dedication to one team's needs ran roughshod over the thing that all football fans should always have: hopes and dreams for their team.

After the corrupt 'vote' you orchestrated at Easter, I tried to explain the situation to my son. Now, before you get the wrong impression, he's no saint. He cheats. Snakes and ladders, Mario Kart, water gun fights - he makes no bones about trying to defeat his younger brother and myself. He can be sleekit or he can be outrageously shameless. But when I tried to explain that the football team, the only football team he has ever cared about (and bear in mind this kid lived in Catalonia and yet doesn't give a stuff for Barcelona) were to be expelled from the top division for no apparent reason other than the administrator's desire to ensure Celtic could be handed a title that was already in the bag anyway, even he looked at me askance and said, "But that's not fair."

Sure, I tried to break down the PPG 'rule' which was invented to justify the decision. I told him how important money was. He actually gets this. He saves his pocket money to buy sale items in the Hearts shop. But still he wasn't convinced. I asked him to see it from the other clubs' point of view. He asked why they didn't like Hearts. I couldn't give him an answer. Even one of your little lickspittle lackeys, Les Gray, declared that what is going on is 'unfair'. At least admit it, Neil. Tell us that you know demoting a team four points from safety with twenty-four to play for is unfair. Ask Werder Bremen fans what they think about making up point differences.

Then, in the middle of lockdown, the Germans showed the way by playing football again (we'll skip Belarus, although I'm sure they could show you a few tricks in propaganda given their leader's Soviet-era cling-to-power-at-all-costs mentality). Then English football, which some of his friends talk about despite being Edinburgh born and bred, rave about. Until June, you see, my son had been taught to follow his local team and only his local team. He was obsessed with the Foundation of Hearts kit printed with the names of the thousands of fans that had helped keep our team alive. He loved hunting for my name. I was on minimum wage in Spain when I started paying into that fund. He loves this fact - that the people around him at Tynecastle, no matter their circumstances, had some kind of collective spirit to keep something we love alive. Please, tell us how much money you've taken out of Scottish football. Can you equate that with the value you've put in? Nobody even wants to sponsor your sham of a league.

But he still couldn't get it into his head why his team had been removed from the top league.

Now, you could call me irresponsible, but my son loves football so much (we've been out most days during lockdown playing in the Meadows) that I allowed him to stay up late to watch football from Germany, England and Spain. He asks the same question most nights, though. "Why can Hearts and the other teams not play now?" Now, I'm not going to hold you to account for the Scottish Government's decisions around contact sports and when it's safe for these to go ahead. But the bit that I do find hard to explain - perhaps you could, Neil - is why our season had to be 'called' when others are able to resume at a later date? Was there someone in your ear? Were you under pressure to twist some arms? I mean, was this an equitable solution for anyone?

My son's now watching the English Premier League every night, begging me to stay up late so he can see live football from just a few hundred miles away. He's no longer saying to his friends that they should support Hearts because you ought to support your local team. He's getting swept up in the hype and marketing that the EPL does so well. Last night I asked him if he was looking forward to seeing Hearts play again, no matter what league they play in. To be honest, he wasn't as bothered as he was a couple of months ago. He doesn't pretend to be Sean Clare or Steven Naismith now when we play. He's Mo Salah or Kevin de Bruyne or Leo Messi. He sees them playing their games on the pitch, not in secretive votes and skullduggery. He also sees VAR decisions making sure that things are reasonably fair. He cares more about that word now than he did before. He's started playing more fairly with his brother. He doesn't want to be 'unfair, like what they did to Hearts'. You've had quite the impact, even unintentionally.

You see, Neil, an eight year old can see right through you and whoever else helped you ram through your plan back in April. You've given another kid less reason to watch Scottish football and thrown them into the embrace of the mega-leagues and their marketable 'product'. You've been found out by a kid that still talks about the last cup final as thought it was one of the most important days of his short life even though his heroes lost it. Think how many other eight year olds in this country there are who don't understand why their team is going to come out of covid-19 far more disadvantaged than the other teams. Think about that for a second. Sure, I knew the ball was burst a long time ago - and it wasn't your fault at all. But what happened in April, and the nonsense which has followed it, well, that's on you.

Whatever went on in April when you pressured clubs (and I haven't even really mentioned the pathetically transparent and surprisingly successful attempt at coercion with that Nelms chancer at Dundee) to 'call' the season before the teams had a chance discover that things 'even themselves out' and find their true position in the league over a 38-game season as we were promised at the outset, just at least tell us that you haven't played it fair. We know it. My son knows it. Telling us anything else from here on is just lying.

*Not that I'm blaming you for this, but if VAR had existed in the SPFL, the St Mirren goal should have been ruled out for offside, meaning it would have been St Mirren you'd have been shafting and some pissed off guy from Paisley typing this.

Ethan Hunt

A sad read that. We always think stuff like this doesn’t really affect youngsters, but it does, and more so as they haven’t developed a bitterness or dislike so can see it for exactly what it is. 

Jamstomorrow

I hope Doncaster is shown a copy of this!

Tommy Brown

Only thing I would pull you up on.

Last paragraph, VAR would have prevented the St Mirren goal, yes.

But Hearts still needed the win to get off bottom slot. 0-0 we were still bottom.

colinmaroon

My son will be 48 this year.  I took him, along with his sister, every week to see Hearts from the age of 5, travelling 150 miles round trip for every home game.  They are both real Hearts supporters.

The corruption in Scottish football has  over time, sickened them to the extent that he started going to watch Glasgow Warriors, because it was exciting and referees  for example, rarely made iffy decisions, such as we have seen in Scottish football, in games against the two Glasgow vampires.  They have sucked the life out of Scottish football and, he doesn't see the point anymore.

Oh  there is still only one team and he does things like name his black lab Rudi and he teaches his 20 month old twins the Hearts song and one of the first words they have spoken is "Hearts"; but he is sickened by the rank and now blatant corruption of the cheats and liars running OUR game.

I'm 73 this month, loved football and watched as many games on TV as I could; had both Sky and BT Sport, both now permanently cancelled.  I have not watched one single game right through since football restarted, despite them being available on free-to-air.  I haven't watched Match of the Day either.  I  along with my son, are sickened with football and the shambolic, corrupt handling of OUR game by the lackeys and lickspittles whose only concern is for the Bigot Brothers. (Don't be fooled by the "concern" for Dundee Utd etc., they are only being used to cover the real problem,  the SPFL and Doncaster, whose salary must be one of the biggest bribes ever,).  

I will watch as many Hearts games as I can but, as far as football is concerned, neither of us will subscribe with Sky or BT Sports and, the soft spot I had for some other teams, with now very few exceptions, has gone.

It always was Hearts first but now its Hesrts ONLY and "expletive deleted" the rest!

I sincerely hope that the boil is lanced and the puss drained away through a court case but, dragged down by the whole rotten set up at the SPFL and SFA, with the level of secrecy over their machinations akin to a totalitarian state, I struggle to be optimistic.

GavK1012

😭

😢

😓

🙁

😖

😞

😫

😣

😥

Kiwidoug
52 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

My son will be 48 this year.  I took him, along with his sister, every week to see Hearts from the age of 5, travelling 150 miles round trip for every home game.  They are both real Hearts supporters.

The corruption in Scottish football has  over time, sickened them to the extent that he started going to watch Glasgow Warriors, because it was exciting and referees  for example, rarely made iffy decisions, such as we have seen in Scottish football, in games against the two Glasgow vampires.  They have sucked the life out of Scottish football and, he doesn't see the point anymore.

Oh  there is still only one team and he does things like name his black lab Rudi and he teaches his 20 month old twins the Hearts song and one of the first words they have spoken is "Hearts"; but he is sickened by the rank and now blatant corruption of the cheats and liars running OUR game.

I'm 73 this month, loved football and watched as many games on TV as I could; had both Sky and BT Sport, both now permanently cancelled.  I have not watched one single game right through since football restarted, despite them being available on free-to-air.  I haven't watched Match of the Day either.  I  along with my son, are sickened with football and the shambolic, corrupt handling of OUR game by the lackeys and lickspittles whose only concern is for the Bigot Brothers. (Don't be fooled by the "concern" for Dundee Utd etc., they are only being used to cover the real problem,  the SPFL and Doncaster, whose salary must be one of the biggest bribes ever,).  

I will watch as many Hearts games as I can but, as far as football is concerned, neither of us will subscribe with Sky or BT Sports and, the soft spot I had for some other teams, with now very few exceptions, has gone.

It always was Hearts first but now its Hesrts ONLY and "expletive deleted" the rest!

I sincerely hope that the boil is lanced and the puss drained away through a court case but, dragged down by the whole rotten set up at the SPFL and SFA, with the level of secrecy over their machinations akin to a totalitarian state, I struggle to be optimistic.

Colin.  As a comparative youngster of 71, I agree with every word.

Always Hearts.  Only Hearts.

Beast Boy

Depressing read. Sadly Doncaster and the other members of the mafia who run our game won’t give a shit. There’s been a consistent effort between the OF, the Scottish media, and the football authorities to run the game in to the ground for years. Every other team no matter their proud history is just seen as the host for their wee two louse race.

Fareastjambo

I’ve just read the last two posts by Jonesy and Colinmaroon.  How sad is it that with such incompetent ‘leadership’ over the years of the SPFL and SFA we have arrived at this situation?   It’s absolutely tragic. If we and PT win this case it could be a pivotal moment in Scottish football. I am forever hopeful.

HHGH

Deevers
Posted (edited)

When this is won we should be in the forefront of fighting to have the sport here cleared out of these people. For far too long everybody involved with clubs  have just shrugged their shoulders as if it can’t be changed. It can and it must.  This could be a real turning point. 

it should be started right away with a vote of no confidence in Doncaster, McLennan and McKenzie.

Edited by Deevers

Phage

It's a long and complex story, however the lack of integrity shines through the murk and shadows. And even innocent young boys, start to say, "Hey Dad, something stinks".

Worthing Jambo
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Depressing read. Sadly Doncaster and the other members of the mafia who run our game won’t give a shit. There’s been a consistent effort between the OF, the Scottish media, and the football authorities to run the game in to the ground for years. Every other team no matter their proud history is just seen as the host for their wee two louse race.

I sometimes wonder if that is indeed the intention.

The OF then bleat that they have nowhere to play and are open to offers.

The official line is always why something can’t be done and never, that’s a good idea, let’s give it a try.

Bull's-eye

The SPFL just prove time and again that supporters are the furthest thing from their minds. 

Nothing is ever for the good of the supporter, never considered in anything. 

Its nothing new 😔😔😔😔

Locky

Sadly, like many on this thread, I too have become somewhat disillusioned by football on the wider scale through all of this. Du to my Schalke connection, I've watched a lot of the Bundesliga and thoroughly enjoyed it. But then again, what helps in the Bundesliga is for the most part, the fans opinions carry weight in the German game.

The Premier League? Hardly watched a ball kicked. I've put on the last half hour of a couple of Man City games just because I like watching Pep's teams, and I've seen a few Man Utd games as my bird is a fan. Other than that? I watched most of the first game between Villa and Sheffield United. ****ing pish.

harrywragg

A sobering, thoughtful read on a pishing wet Friday. 

jamboozy

There’s not one of us that doesn’t feel Jonsey’s or Colinmaroons pain, we all love our club and just want a shot at playing football in a league that’s just and fair with a ruling body that has the best interests of the people’s game, is that too much to ask?

Reading the OP has made me sad, but there will always be a Hearts when supporters like Jonsey and all the others that love our club keep the flame burning.

ONLY HEARTS ♥️ 

7628mm
4 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I fully expect that the Donkey will have this read to him as it is obvious throughout this current SAGA that he will do nothing himself but get various member clubs to do all the heavy lifting for him and the SPFL.

He is just a "WEE FEARTIE"

Fareastjambo
1 minute ago, jamboozy said:

There’s not one of us that doesn’t feel Jonsey’s or Colinmaroons pain, we all love our club and just want a shot at playing football in a league that’s just and fair with a ruling body that has the best interests of the people’s game, is that too much to ask?

Reading the OP has made me sad, but there will always be a Hearts when supporters like Jonsey and all the others that love our club keep the flame burning.

ONLY HEARTS ♥️ 

Well said!

Spellczech

For the fans the only really important thing is that when we complain that the West Coast referees are biased we are told such inequities even themselves out over the course OF A SEASON, yet the SPFL wants a season to be less than a season for relegation...that is just fundamentally unfair. 

weegie jambo
10 hours ago, jonesy said:

My son is eight years old. Tonight he watched Manchester City thrash Liverpool. He knew all the line ups for both teams. He knew when to shout at VAR*. A month ago, he barely knew that either existed. He was, and still is, Hearts daft. But something has changed.

When the SPFL decided to put a gun to the heads of its constituent clubs (aka shareholders - who knew?) by offering money in return for ensuring Celtic were handed their nobody-else-really-cares-in-a-row title, Scottish football changed. Sure, underneath it all things have been pretty skewed for a long time. But now it was out in the open. The big fish were to get their big feed, and access to the Champions League, while the small fry would, you thought, be content with whatever scraps were thrown their way.

My son was still on a high from watching Hearts win the last derby 3-1. We watched the goals daily. Sure, his optimism had taken a hit when we lost to St Mirren*, but we still had 24 points to play for. And despite a jaded father who has seen his team stuff things up more times than he cares to remember, for an eight year old boy, his team will always have a chance. But no, that chance was taken away from him. Similarly, it was taken away from the fans of Partick, Inverness, Dundee (ironically enough), Falkirk and Stranraer. The wee bit of magic that football gives us, by being eleven-v-eleven and on any given Saturday, etc. Your dedication to one team's needs ran roughshod over the thing that all football fans should always have: hopes and dreams for their team.

After the corrupt 'vote' you orchestrated at Easter, I tried to explain the situation to my son. Now, before you get the wrong impression, he's no saint. He cheats. Snakes and ladders, Mario Kart, water gun fights - he makes no bones about trying to defeat his younger brother and myself. He can be sleekit or he can be outrageously shameless. But when I tried to explain that the football team, the only football team he has ever cared about (and bear in mind this kid lived in Catalonia and yet doesn't give a stuff for Barcelona) were to be expelled from the top division for no apparent reason other than the administrator's desire to ensure Celtic could be handed a title that was already in the bag anyway, even he looked at me askance and said, "But that's not fair."

Sure, I tried to break down the PPG 'rule' which was invented to justify the decision. I told him how important money was. He actually gets this. He saves his pocket money to buy sale items in the Hearts shop. But still he wasn't convinced. I asked him to see it from the other clubs' point of view. He asked why they didn't like Hearts. I couldn't give him an answer. Even one of your little lickspittle lackeys, Les Gray, declared that what is going on is 'unfair'. At least admit it, Neil. Tell us that you know demoting a team four points from safety with twenty-four to play for is unfair. Ask Werder Bremen fans what they think about making up point differences.

Then, in the middle of lockdown, the Germans showed the way by playing football again (we'll skip Belarus, although I'm sure they could show you a few tricks in propaganda given their leader's Soviet-era cling-to-power-at-all-costs mentality). Then English football, which some of his friends talk about despite being Edinburgh born and bred, rave about. Until June, you see, my son had been taught to follow his local team and only his local team. He was obsessed with the Foundation of Hearts kit printed with the names of the thousands of fans that had helped keep our team alive. He loved hunting for my name. I was on minimum wage in Spain when I started paying into that fund. He loves this fact - that the people around him at Tynecastle, no matter their circumstances, had some kind of collective spirit to keep something we love alive. Please, tell us how much money you've taken out of Scottish football. Can you equate that with the value you've put in? Nobody even wants to sponsor your sham of a league.

But he still couldn't get it into his head why his team had been removed from the top league.

Now, you could call me irresponsible, but my son loves football so much (we've been out most days during lockdown playing in the Meadows) that I allowed him to stay up late to watch football from Germany, England and Spain. He asks the same question most nights, though. "Why can Hearts and the other teams not play now?" Now, I'm not going to hold you to account for the Scottish Government's decisions around contact sports and when it's safe for these to go ahead. But the bit that I do find hard to explain - perhaps you could, Neil - is why our season had to be 'called' when others are able to resume at a later date? Was there someone in your ear? Were you under pressure to twist some arms? I mean, was this an equitable solution for anyone?

My son's now watching the English Premier League every night, begging me to stay up late so he can see live football from just a few hundred miles away. He's no longer saying to his friends that they should support Hearts because you ought to support your local team. He's getting swept up in the hype and marketing that the EPL does so well. Last night I asked him if he was looking forward to seeing Hearts play again, no matter what league they play in. To be honest, he wasn't as bothered as he was a couple of months ago. He doesn't pretend to be Sean Clare or Steven Naismith now when we play. He's Mo Salah or Kevin de Bruyne or Leo Messi. He sees them playing their games on the pitch, not in secretive votes and skullduggery. He also sees VAR decisions making sure that things are reasonably fair. He cares more about that word now than he did before. He's started playing more fairly with his brother. He doesn't want to be 'unfair, like what they did to Hearts'. You've had quite the impact, even unintentionally.

You see, Neil, an eight year old can see right through you and whoever else helped you ram through your plan back in April. You've given another kid less reason to watch Scottish football and thrown them into the embrace of the mega-leagues and their marketable 'product'. You've been found out by a kid that still talks about the last cup final as thought it was one of the most important days of his short life even though his heroes lost it. Think how many other eight year olds in this country there are who don't understand why their team is going to come out of covid-19 far more disadvantaged than the other teams. Think about that for a second. Sure, I knew the ball was burst a long time ago - and it wasn't your fault at all. But what happened in April, and the nonsense which has followed it, well, that's on you.

Whatever went on in April when you pressured clubs (and I haven't even really mentioned the pathetically transparent and surprisingly successful attempt at coercion with that Nelms chancer at Dundee) to 'call' the season before the teams had a chance discover that things 'even themselves out' and find their true position in the league over a 38-game season as we were promised at the outset, just at least tell us that you haven't played it fair. We know it. My son knows it. Telling us anything else from here on is just lying.

*Not that I'm blaming you for this, but if VAR had existed in the SPFL, the St Mirren goal should have been ruled out for offside, meaning it would have been St Mirren you'd have been shafting and some pissed off guy from Paisley typing this.

That Sir, is the best thing that I have read on JKB EVER!  Take a bow. Can I cut and paste it about the place?

jonesy
3 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

That Sir, is the best thing that I have read on JKB EVER!  Take a bow. Can I cut and paste it about the place?

My keyboard was lubricated by the fine grapes of California, but sure, feel free. Perhaps as pointed out earlier, maybe cut out the VAR bit that I got wrong!

gavin1985

Having read through a lot of the posts on this thread and I would have to agree that if it wasn't for Hearts I would not give Scottish Football a moments thought. 

In fact as a 34 year old I am almost at a point where I am completely done with Scottish Football all because of the utter corruption that has been on show for the past few months. My parents have moved to Spain in the past few years living just outside Malaga, so I have over the years started to take an interest in Malaga regardless the league they are in. 

If it was not for "supporting" my parents now local club I would have zero interest in football whatsoever. That being said I will always care for Hearts, but I would find it impossible to care what league they play in if its Premier or Championship, it won't matter because the level of corruption that is throughout all of Scottish Football. 

The outcome of the court case pretty much hinges on my "giving of a shit" towards Scottish Football. 

John Findlay

Jonesy 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏.

weegie jambo
Just now, jonesy said:

My keyboard was lubricated by the fine grapes of California, but sure, feel free. Perhaps as pointed out earlier, maybe cut out the VAR bit that I got wrong!

Thanks mate, that really got to me, sod the fine grapes, that is a fine piece of writing. I almost feel like emailing that to every sports editor in the country!

Nookie Bear

In the last year, my 6yr old has really taken an interest in Hearts and all thigns football and enjoyed a handful of trips to Tynie.

He is watching the EPL and Bundesliga etc but keeps asking when Hearts will be playing again. The answer is "i don't know".

How ridiculous is that?!?!

To be honest, if it wasn't for his interest in Hearts i wouldn't care if we were expelled from the Scottish game for this.

JamboAl

I agree whoeheartedly with every one of the OP's words but in the interests of brevity I have reproduced just one sentence as below

Nobody even wants to sponsor your sham of a league.

While sponsors are not easy to come by, I hope James Anderson and his associate read that whole post and reconsider before they give the SFA/SPFL another penny even if it does partially go to charitable organisations, who I'm sure, would prefer not to be connected to greedy, self-interest clubs.

PhoenixHearts

Don't know where else to post this.

I wouldn't want to post it in the Court thread as it may make people think we're winning. We don't know anything really. This is something I made in hope rather than based on any predicted outcome

Anyway...

oot the game.jpg

TorinoJambo
4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Colin.  As a comparative youngster of 71, I agree with every word.

Always Hearts.  Only Hearts.

ditto this almost foetus of 66 (in August anyway).

OTT

Its a depressing read but it sums up one of numerous issues with Scottish football. 

Maybe kids can't quite articulate it but they know the games a bogey up here. Set up for 2 teams, I know so many kids from my old school who were die hard football fans, but couldn't have cared less for Scottish teams. Its not right. 

A poster on here was emailing Doncaster, I can't remember the posters name but if he see's this perhaps he can message you directly Doncasters email address and you can send that to him directly. 

He doesn't get to feel good about himself. The job he's done since he's came in has been non-existant yet he's taken out of the game probably in the region of £1.5-2m. Its disgusting. Going without sponsors, being left behind financially, no team outside of the OF being able to reach the group stages, Celtic soaking up every ****ing trophy.

Heartsofgold
11 hours ago, jonesy said:

That is an incredibly sad read mate and I feel for you.  On the flip side, my 2 daughters are now complete SPFL haters and would gladly scratch Donkey's eye out for him.

Harry Potter
4 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

The SPFL just prove time and again that supporters are the furthest thing from their minds. 

Nothing is ever for the good of the supporter, never considered in anything. 

Its nothing new 😔😔😔😔

Spot on and sadly very true.

Fort Vallance

My grandson is 12. He's always been a glass half full optimistic lad. Even through the the last couple of seasons. Quite happy to see the good in people and situations. However he's followed this for the past few months and at 12 years old he now has a suspicious cynical streak that wasn't there before. The innocence of youth has gone forever.

Smoked-Glass

The last thing we need is var.  It's ruined the premiership down south 

Seymour M Hersh

Jonsey they are bereft of conscious or morals so it will fall on deaf ears. 

Seymour M Hersh
9 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

The last thing we need is var.  It's ruined the premiership down south 

Has it ruined the other leagues in Europe where it operates? 

Mid Calder Jambo
18 hours ago, jonesy said:

Jonesy thats a stonker.  I doff my cap to you sir. 

Do you think the Dungcaster and No(Law)ell show will give a toss? No.  As long as the fires of Sectarianism are being stoked in Scottish football everyone that gets a share of their dung ridden pie don't give a Tom Tit.

Smoked-Glass
15 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Has it ruined the other leagues in Europe where it operates? 

Its ruined everything. 

jonesy
10 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Jonesy thats a stonker.  I doff my cap to you sir. 

Do you think the Dungcaster and No(Law)ell show will give a toss? No.  As long as the fires of Sectarianism are being stoked in Scottish football everyone that gets a share of their dung ridden pie don't give a Tom Tit.

Nope, they would love for us to fade away. One less possible thorn in the side of infinite trebles for Celtic. 

Fitba' broke my Heart
11 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Every other team no matter their proud history is just seen as the host for their wee two louse race.

Well said Sir!

Truth has an eloquency all of its own.

Mid Calder Jambo
24 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Jonsey they are bereft of conscious or morals so it will fall on deaf ears. 

As long as Celtic get what they want everyone at top in Scottish Football is happy.  Kim Jong Un would be a moderate on the board of the SPFL

Seymour M Hersh
11 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Its ruined everything. 

Even bools? 

Sir Gio

Scottish football is marketed upon 2 clubs. 

Or at least it was. 

Rangers demise unfortunately only proved to those in charge,  that life even without Rangers would go on.

People won't walk away from their clubs their hobbies their friends. 

There are enough of us suckers,  to top up the cash, fill up a League,  merely to feed the beast. 

dazinho88

Jonesy

I hope you don't mind me doing it but you had hoped he'd see your post, so I sent it to Neil Doncaster. I don't expect it will help you with the injustice we all feel but at least he saw it, a copy of his reply is below; 

Thank you for your email, enclosing a copy of a post from a Hearts fans’ forum.

I have small children, so I well understand the impact of sporting disappointments on young minds.

The basic thrust of the post seems to be that it was not necessary to curtail Season 2019/20 when the decision to do so was made, and that it would have been possible for the season to recommence, similar to what has happened in England, Germany and other countries.

However, the diary of events (from a Scottish perspective) makes it clear that this was never a realistic prospect for SPFL clubs and that the outcome of events demonstrates that the decision taken in April was the correct one.  While English, German and many other clubs across Europe were able to continue to train during the lockdown, in Scotland this was not the case.  Please consider the following timeline:

11 March           the First Minister announces the imminent suspension of all sporting and other outside events. She makes it clear in her speech that this is being done not because of medical advice on transmission of the virus, but rather because of pressure and potential compromise to the emergency services in having to deal both with the Coronavirus and attending at mass spectator events

13 March           the Scottish FA announces a suspension of the game in Scotland

16 March           the Scottish Government put in place restrictions banning all public gatherings

3 April                Sports Minister Joe FitzPatrick MSP writes to us informing that the restrictions would be in place until at least 10 June (i.e. the end of the NHS emergency period)

11 June               non-contract, socially distanced training of players was permitted by the Scottish Government to commence

29 June               the Scottish Government allowed contact training to resume

On the basis that it will take between four and six weeks for players to prepare for the resumption of competitive matches, the scheduled season start date of 1 August is practically the earliest date that clubs will be able to accommodate competitive games – which is when our new season is scheduled to start.  We have been consistently advised since 13 March by our and the Scottish FA sports medicine specialist advisors that Clubs should allow a minimum of 6 weeks from the beginning of group training and conditioning of players to the commencement of competitive matches

I know this has been debated and contested but the advice from the medical experts has not waivered. This is a fundamental Health and Safety issue for us and for the clubs. Clubs cannot require players to play when they are in receipt of medical advice that it would not be in the health and safety interests of the players to do so. To comply with legal duties, clubs have had no option but to comply and we have set a Season start date for 2020/21 which is at the earliest possible date with which the clubs can comply.

On the basis that, at 13 March, there was approximately two and a half months of the season remaining, when is it suggested that the remaining games in Season 2019/20 could have been played?  Even with the new season starting for the Premiership on 1 August, there are only 34 free fixture dates for the 33 matches that have to be played before the Premiership ‘split’ in Season 2020/21.

As is clear from the timeline above, it was simply impossible for Season 2019/20 to recommence before August and if we had done so then it would have delayed the commencement of Season 2020/21 Matches until into September or October.  Starting at the beginning of August, there are just sufficient fixture slots for the Season 2020/21 matches to be played before domestic football must stop for Euro 2020, being played in June 2021. The curtailment of Season 2019/20 was therefore agreed by each and every Premiership club (including Hearts) at a divisional meeting on 15 May and at a meeting without the SPFL executive present some two weeks earlier.

I trust that the above makes clear why there was no possibility of Season 2019/20 recommencing in Scotland and why assertions to the contrary are simply wide of the mark and are not supported by the facts.

Kind regards,

Neil

Beast Boy
1 hour ago, Fitba' broke my Heart said:

Well said Sir!

Truth has an eloquency all of its own.

It angers me, tbh. Clubs with proud histories in the game reduced to cannon fodder, and no more than venues for the two horse race to take place. After what has happened over the last couple of months or so, I don’t have an awful lot of time for many of our great old clubs myself anymore, but that is a result of what they tried to do to the one club in world football that I actually love. Before that though, it used to anger me the way clubs like Dunfermline and Dundee were diminished to the extent they were. 

jonesy
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dazinho88 said:

Jonesy

I hope you don't mind me doing it but you had hoped he'd see your post, so I sent it to Neil Doncaster. I don't expect it will help you with the injustice we all feel but at least he saw it, a copy of his reply is below; 

Thank you for your email, enclosing a copy of a post from a Hearts fans’ forum.

I have small children, so I well understand the impact of sporting disappointments on young minds.

The basic thrust of the post seems to be that it was not necessary to curtail Season 2019/20 when the decision to do so was made, and that it would have been possible for the season to recommence, similar to what has happened in England, Germany and other countries.

However, the diary of events (from a Scottish perspective) makes it clear that this was never a realistic prospect for SPFL clubs and that the outcome of events demonstrates that the decision taken in April was the correct one.  While English, German and many other clubs across Europe were able to continue to train during the lockdown, in Scotland this was not the case.  Please consider the following timeline:

11 March           the First Minister announces the imminent suspension of all sporting and other outside events. She makes it clear in her speech that this is being done not because of medical advice on transmission of the virus, but rather because of pressure and potential compromise to the emergency services in having to deal both with the Coronavirus and attending at mass spectator events

13 March           the Scottish FA announces a suspension of the game in Scotland

16 March           the Scottish Government put in place restrictions banning all public gatherings

3 April                Sports Minister Joe FitzPatrick MSP writes to us informing that the restrictions would be in place until at least 10 June (i.e. the end of the NHS emergency period)

11 June               non-contract, socially distanced training of players was permitted by the Scottish Government to commence

29 June               the Scottish Government allowed contact training to resume

On the basis that it will take between four and six weeks for players to prepare for the resumption of competitive matches, the scheduled season start date of 1 August is practically the earliest date that clubs will be able to accommodate competitive games – which is when our new season is scheduled to start.  We have been consistently advised since 13 March by our and the Scottish FA sports medicine specialist advisors that Clubs should allow a minimum of 6 weeks from the beginning of group training and conditioning of players to the commencement of competitive matches

I know this has been debated and contested but the advice from the medical experts has not waivered. This is a fundamental Health and Safety issue for us and for the clubs. Clubs cannot require players to play when they are in receipt of medical advice that it would not be in the health and safety interests of the players to do so. To comply with legal duties, clubs have had no option but to comply and we have set a Season start date for 2020/21 which is at the earliest possible date with which the clubs can comply.

On the basis that, at 13 March, there was approximately two and a half months of the season remaining, when is it suggested that the remaining games in Season 2019/20 could have been played?  Even with the new season starting for the Premiership on 1 August, there are only 34 free fixture dates for the 33 matches that have to be played before the Premiership ‘split’ in Season 2020/21.

As is clear from the timeline above, it was simply impossible for Season 2019/20 to recommence before August and if we had done so then it would have delayed the commencement of Season 2020/21 Matches until into September or October.  Starting at the beginning of August, there are just sufficient fixture slots for the Season 2020/21 matches to be played before domestic football must stop for Euro 2020, being played in June 2021. The curtailment of Season 2019/20 was therefore agreed by each and every Premiership club (including Hearts) at a divisional meeting on 15 May and at a meeting without the SPFL executive present some two weeks earlier.

I trust that the above makes clear why there was no possibility of Season 2019/20 recommencing in Scotland and why assertions to the contrary are simply wide of the mark and are not supported by the facts.

Kind regards,

Neil

If this is genuine, and I have no reason to doubt it, then fair play for you sending it and also for him taking the time to respond.

It's good to see that, just as he did with Budge/reconstruction, he is seeking to delegate/pass the buck* (delete as appropriate) and somewhat cheekily ask when the remaining fixtures could have been played. How about August-September?

I would counter his argument that the Scottish calendar/situation is somehow unique. As can already be seen, the Championship, League 1 and League 2 have agreed to play 27 game seasons. It would not, therefore, be a massive creative leap to allow for the 2019/20 season to finish from August-September (8 games, pah!), a quick turnaround, and then start a new, truncated season in October. However, that kind of thinking was never on the table, as it would not have allowed Celtic to be declared champions as early as possible, thus guaranteeing entry to the CL. As HMFC were mere collateral damage in this situation, any 'out the box' or dare I say, leadership-style thinking was never likely.

All countries that resumed their leagues (the vast, vast majority) will encounter issues with fixture schedules for next season. But they will consider their options and come up with a solution. We've seen no solutions from Doncaster and co, but plenty of quick fixes, short term thinking and doom-and-gloom.

I would also like to think that football authorities in England, Germany, Spain - and other countries that decided sporting integrity (FFS, no one would have complained if they'd handed the title to Liverpool given the points difference, but then again, look at the class of Lennon/Lawell compared to Klopp) was paramount - opened an honest dialogue with their respective governments, and argued their case for a resumption. These capable and pragmatic custodians of their countries' national sport at elite level have done a fantastic job in getting the games up and running with little or no fuss coming from the member clubs as a result. Doncaster chooses in his response to hide behind the fact that the SG issued guidance with dates that were different from those in other countries. Fair enough, that's a hurdle. But I'd like to think that someone pulling in a salary such as his would see it as something to be overcome, not hidden behind, the shirking coward.

So, no, Neil, there was no possibility of Season 2019/20 recommencing in Scotland, not with you and your cash-grabbing (how's that Sky TV deal looking?), Celtic-kowtowing, make-it-up-as-you-go-along band of merry goons in charge.

Edited by jonesy
typo

dazinho88
14 minutes ago, jonesy said:

If this is genuine, and I have no reason to doubt it, then fair play for you sending it and also for him taking the time to respond.

It's good to see that, just as he did with Budge/reconstruction, he is seeking to delegate/pass the buck* (delete as appropriate) and somewhat cheekily ask when the remaining fixtures could have been played. How about August-September?

I would counter his argument that the Scottish calendar/situation is somehow unique. As can already be seen, the Championship, League 1 and League 2 have agreed to play 27 game seasons. It would not, therefore, be a massive creative leap to allow for the 2019/20 season to finish from August-September (8 games, pah!), a quick turnaround, and then start a new, truncated season in October. However, that kind of thinking was never on the table, as it would not have allowed Celtic to be declared champions as early as possible, thus guaranteeing entry to the CL. As HMFC were mere collateral damage in this situation, any 'out the box' or dare I say, leadership-style thinking was never likely.

All countries that resumed their leagues (the vast, vast majority) will encounter issues with fixture schedules for next season. But they will consider their options and come up with a solution. We've seen no solutions from Doncaster and co, but plenty of quick fixes, short term thinking and doom-and-gloom.

I would also like to think that football authorities in England, Germany, Spain - and other countries that decided sporting integrity (FFS, no one would have complained if they'd handed the title to Liverpool given the points difference, but then again, look at the class of Lennon/Lawell compared to Klopp) was paramount - opened an honest dialogue with their respective governments, and argued their case for a resumption. These capable and pragmatic custodians of their countries' national sport at elite level have done a fantastic job in getting the games up and running with little or no fuss coming from the member clubs as a result. Doncaster chooses in his response to hide behind the fact that the SG issued guidance with dates that were different from those in other countries. Fair enough, that's a hurdle. But I'd like to think that someone pulling in a salary such as his would see it as something to be overcome, not hidden behind, the shirking coward.

So, no, Neil, there was no possibility of Season 2019/20 recommencing in Scotland, not with you and your cash-grabbing (how's that Sky TV deal looking?), Celtic-kowtowing, make-it-up-as-you-go-along band of merry goons in charge.

I know you've no reason to doubt me but if you'd like a copy of his e-mail then PM me your address and I can forward it to you. I tried to PM you before I sent it but it says you are unable to receive them. 

I must admit, I didn't expect a response from him so credit to him for that albeit I also completely disagree with the content. There was simply no appetite to play the remaining fixtures rather it not being feasible. 

Weakened Offender
17 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Why? 

LeftBack
12 hours ago, Locky said:

Sadly, like many on this thread, I too have become somewhat disillusioned by football on the wider scale through all of this. Du to my Schalke connection, I've watched a lot of the Bundesliga and thoroughly enjoyed it. But then again, what helps in the Bundesliga is for the most part, the fans opinions carry weight in the German game.

The Premier League? Hardly watched a ball kicked. I've put on the last half hour of a couple of Man City games just because I like watching Pep's teams, and I've seen a few Man Utd games as my bird is a fan. Other than that? I watched most of the first game between Villa and Sheffield United. ****ing pish.

Im afraid I agree. Can't be bothered with the games and have obviously disconnected from Scottish football. Love hearts always and forever but it is sucking passion out of ne

Graham Thomson

I will be at Tynecastle every home game next season regardless of which division we are in

Don't ask me to go to away games, don't ask me to watch other Scottish league results, 

Don't ask me to watch Scottish football on TV, dont ask me to listen to nonsense like Sportsound. 

Dont ask me to pay extra to watch any Scottish cup competitions. 

Follow Hearts at Tynecastle, that's it really. 

Oh I almost forgot, dont ask me to give a toss about the Scotland national team. 

jonesy
1 hour ago, dazinho88 said:

I know you've no reason to doubt me but if you'd like a copy of his e-mail then PM me your address and I can forward it to you. I tried to PM you before I sent it but it says you are unable to receive them. 

I must admit, I didn't expect a response from him so credit to him for that albeit I also completely disagree with the content. There was simply no appetite to play the remaining fixtures rather it not being feasible. 

Cheers, appreciate that, but no need for PM. 

Totally agree - he should have been front and centre pushing clubs to fulfil their commitments and the SG to allow them to do so. Instead he went directly for the Achilles heel of Scottish football - cash. 

He’s a sleekit chancer.