Sam Nicholson

gov

Absolute Scenes
Just now, benny said:

Would agree 4 years ago but I have no idea how good he has been since he left Hearts.

His value has gone up so i'd imagine he's done enough

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• Cruyff

• Pasquale for King

• Absolute Scenes

1 minute ago, benny said:

Would agree 4 years ago but I have no idea how good he has been since he left Hearts.

I'd imagine he is probably a better player now. Technically the MLS is decent but some of the defending is comical and it is quite slow paced. 

Normally I'm against folk returning but it's not like he's past it. 25-30 Yr old, will be at his peak. 

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

His value has gone up so i'd imagine he's done enough

Hopefully you are correct but you imagine doesn't fill me with confidence.

Sam was a brilliant prospect but somewhere along the line it all stopped.

Just asking if he has come anywhere close to getting back into form.

Walker was a brilliant prospect as well but he has come nowhere close form wise.

4 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Correct

Whilst I really like Moore, he still has bits to learn, and having a senior winger in Sam means we are not so thin in that area. 

Moore is good for when we're needing a winger to press and track an attacking full back. If we're trying to break teams down and need a bit of magic, Nicholson can provide that. Options. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

I’ll explain for you in greater detail later but we have a squad at the bottom of the table and Sam is better than any winger we have including that boy we got in Jan. 

Yes but how about we go out and scout some players to see if anyone better is out there, rather than just going for Nicholson because Murray still has his phone number and it’s a doddle to do and we can all knock off in time for tea

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Yes but how about we go out and scout some players to see if anyone better is out there, rather than just going for Nicholson because Murray still has his phone number and it’s a doddle to do and we can all knock off in time for tea

Aye, true that.   Although this upcoming season might not be the time to put new scouting measures in place. 

7 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Aye, true that.   Although this upcoming season might not be the time to put new scouting measures in place. 

We might be hit with a transfer ban and will have to move quickly to build our squad. 

3 hours ago, DH1986 said:

In the likely event of us playing in the championship there is no need to do a Rangers and overspend to win a division we should stroll easily.

We can be as ambitious as we like the following season.

Firstly I seriously I hope HMFC are not playing in the Championship but don't kid yourself , Rangers made the massive mistake of thinking  it would be a stroll and that didn't end well. Remember every team in that division will look at HMFC as their cup final .

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, Section Q said:

Didn't get on with Levein which was a factor in him leaving............fact.

No surprise there.

3 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I meant you using google to find out if he'd been injured, easy to find. He's better than the wingers we have now, I don't care how he's played in the last few years, he's better than what we have so its a no brainer to take him, considering transfers are not something easy to manage just now

He didn't get on with Levein hence why he left, I thought you would have been all over that since you were all over Levein in negative light. He knows our game, is a home grown talent. 

He’s better than what we’ve got !  Really.  Well that wouldn’t be hard. I doesn’t matter what he was like with Hearts or how he was in the States I just want Neilson to be sure he is good and fit enough for Hearts NOW remembering he’ll be signing a 2-3 year contract.
Like I said before we can’t afford to sign a player just to be in the squad we need quality over quantity.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Largo said:

Firstly I seriously I hope HMFC are not playing in the Championship but don't kid yourself , Rangers made the massive mistake of thinking  it would be a stroll and that didn't end well. Remember every team in that division will look at HMFC as their cup final .

Well, last time we were in a tougher Championship with the same manager but arguably worse players (certainly no players like Gordon, Souttar, berra, Hickey, Naismith, Boyce, Smith and Washington) we only lost 3 out of 36 "cup finals" and two of those were dead rubbers after we had won the league.

Edited by ToqueJambo

16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Well, last time we were in a tougher Championship with the same manager but arguably worse players (certainly no players like Gordon, Souttar, berra, Hickey, Naismith, Boyce, Smith and Washington) we only lost 3 out of 36 "cup finals" and two of those were dead rubbers after we had won the league.

TJ  : I am not disputing that for a moment , what I am saying piss poor teams will raise their game when HMFC  come to town 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Largo said:

TJ  : I am not disputing that for a moment , what I am saying piss poor teams will raise their game when HMFC  come to town 

They didn't last time or they did and it wasn't enough. We're going to skoosh this mini league we may be forced to play in full of clubs under enormous financial strain with literally no money to spend on their teams.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

They didn't last time or they did and it wasn't enough. We're going to skoosh this mini league we may be forced to play in full of clubs under enormous financial strain with literally no money to spend on their teams.

I genuinely hope you do for the benefit of both HMFC and Scottish football,  you may not give a toss about the survival of Scottish football at the moment but if the game is to survive we need a strong HMFC  plying it's trade in the top league . 

39 minutes ago, Largo said:

and apart from the ICT game, there wont be a big Hearts support to cheer the team home.

We'll still romp it.

Guest ToqueJambo

Would take Sam back on a cheap one-year deal. We've been impotent on the wings for a couple of seasons and he did well under Robbie.

7 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Correct

Whilst I really like Moore, he still has bits to learn, and having a senior winger in Sam means we are not so thin in that area. 

Moore is limited I reckon great work rate but he isn’t that gifted as a player 

Weakened Offender
6 hours ago, Largo said:

It was a ****ing stroll for us last time we were in it and Rangers were in it. 

Dallas Green

According to the scarves around the funnel podcast, he wants to go to England,  not back to us.

• 3 weeks later...

Signing for Bristol Rovers

They have overspent by over £20 million in last 3/4 seasons but debt has now been cleared and they have backing for next season..check out their signings and will be worth an ante post bet for 20/21..new owner fever once more

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Swing and a miss by Dazs. 

Still got the Russian guy and Scott Fraser tho 👍😁

5 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Signing for Bristol Rovers

They have overspent by over £20 million in last 3/4 seasons but debt has now been cleared and they have backing for next season..check out their signings and will be worth an ante post bet for 20/21..new owner fever once more

Where did Bristol Rovers have so much money they "overspent" by by £20 million ? 

5 hours ago, Barack said:

Links with the Bank of Jordan.

Sure it'll all end perfectly well. These things always do.

Best of luck to Sam though, good part of the world to live & play.

Went down there last season for a Leeds away game, looked a brilliant place to live. 

TyphoonJambo
11 hours ago, Barack said:

Links with the Bank of Jordan.

Sure it'll all end perfectly well. These things always do.

Best of luck to Sam though, good part of the world to live & play.

Its great, if you can get passed the fact everybody sounds like a pirate😊

Seriously though, its a nice place. Like most cities the outskirts are nothing special but lots of nice bits, great bars. 

However, its not big enough for 2 teams. 

Edited by TypoonJambo

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Its great, if you can get passed the fact everybody sounds like a pirate😊

Seriously though, its a nice place. Like most cities the outskirts are nothing special but lots of nice bits, great bars. 

However, its not big enough for 2 teams. 

Its population is bigger than Edinburgh.

Maybe you meant it isn't big enough for 2 big teams, just like Edinburgh.

12 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Swing and a miss by Daza.

Between that and Nisbet and his clauses?

Has he got one right yet? Bet he told us Craigy G would sign an extension at Celtic

How long has he been heralded as ITK now?

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, RobNox said:

True

Leveins Battalion
Just now, davie1980 said:

Has he got one right yet? Bet he told us Craigy G would sign an extension at Celtic

Think we can put the ITK chat to bed now.

7 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Bristol? I drove through it once. Looked an utter shithole😀

Haha town centre wasn't great admittedly but there was a fantastic pub scene..... Great for me, possibly not for a professional footballer ✌️

11 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

So take his goss with a pinch (or tub) of salt. Still take them though, Jkb all the better for transfer rumours.

8 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Where did Bristol Rovers have so much money they "overspent" by by £20 million ? 

Wealthy owners. Same reason they are piling money in to next season to get promotion because season after that the salary cap is introduced in Leagues 1 and 2 and Bristol would have to let most of their players go if they are still in League 1. Huge financial gamble. 

baxterd1974
53 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Used to be, but no longer. Close mind you.

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Aye. For Arbroath. 

Exactly! We seem to have a healthy obsession with ex players who were bang average. We couldn't even get a development fee for Sam and yet some have welcomed him back like the long lost prodigal son. Signing for BR says it all about this daft obsession about loyalty and being a PHM. Good luck Sam but this  ship has sailed 

OmiyaHearts

It could have been good to see Nicholson back playing for us, but I've not seen him play for years, so I can't say if he'd have been a good signing or not.

53 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Exactly! We seem to have a healthy obsession with ex players who were bang average. We couldn't even get a development fee for Sam and yet some have welcomed him back like the long lost prodigal son. Signing for BR says it all about this daft obsession about loyalty and being a PHM. Good luck Sam but this  ship has sailed 

He insisted on a sell on fee like Paterson did. But chances of us ever making something from that.

1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Exactly! We seem to have an unhealthy obsession with ex players who were bang average. We couldn't even get a development fee for Sam and yet some have welcomed him back like the long lost prodigal son. Signing for BR says it all about this daft obsession about loyalty and being a PHM. Good luck Sam but this  ship has sailed 

FTFY

Hi, Bristol Rovers fan here...stopped by to get your views on Nicholson and to get a few pointers to the qualities (or otherwise) of the player we've now signed...seems like a fairly even split so guess it's wait and see (hopefully we'll all get to see some football soon enough)...

Re some earlier comments...it's true to say parts of Bristol are a sh1thole, particularly in BS3...that part of Bristol really should be twinned with Chernobyl...

We've not really over spent 24M, I wish we had that kind of cash to over spend...

It's more an accumulation of historic debts, losses stretching back a few years, loans that needed re paying and interest payments...the debts have pretty much been dealt with thanks to our benevolent owner...

We're not a club that spends big money fees, the highest fee we've paid for a player was 375k and that was nearly 30 years ago...we are however a club that pays higher wages and I guess that's why Nicholson came our way...

Genuinely hope better days are round the corner for your club, an ex girlfriend's Granddad was a massive Hearts fan and he was a really good guy so I always look out for your results and think of him...

Here's hoping Sam does well down here and if he does really well we have space for a statue...

Best of luck for next season...hope it's a memorable one for you

46 minutes ago, Gas Eddie said:

Hi, Bristol Rovers fan here...stopped by to get your views on Nicholson and to get a few pointers to the qualities (or otherwise) of the player we've now signed...seems like a fairly even split so guess it's wait and see (hopefully we'll all get to see some football soon enough)...

Re some earlier comments...it's true to say parts of Bristol are a sh1thole, particularly in BS3...that part of Bristol really should be twinned with Chernobyl...

We've not really over spent 24M, I wish we had that kind of cash to over spend...

It's more an accumulation of historic debts, losses stretching back a few years, loans that needed re paying and interest payments...the debts have pretty much been dealt with thanks to our benevolent owner...

We're not a club that spends big money fees, the highest fee we've paid for a player was 375k and that was nearly 30 years ago...we are however a club that pays higher wages and I guess that's why Nicholson came our way...

Genuinely hope better days are round the corner for your club, an ex girlfriend's Granddad was a massive Hearts fan and he was a really good guy so I always look out for your results and think of him...

Here's hoping Sam does well down here and if he does really well we have space for a statue...

Best of luck for next season...hope it's a memorable one for you

Hi Eddie,

most of us would welcome Sam back here but we can turn a bit iffy when we are turned down. It’s not just Sam, it happens a lot. Personally I would’ve had him back but now that he’s gone then my attitude is feck him. We don’t mean it personally.

As for people slagging off your home city, then again that’s us just incredulously venting off as our own home city is beautiful and why would anyone turn us down when we can offer them a castle as a back drop to their working environment. Don’t take our ranting as personal pal. We’d say the same about Messi or Ronaldo if they turned down the famous JT’s. 

You’ve got a good signing in Sam but only if he plays to his maximum capability. I suppose you could say that about most players but on his day he can be a game changer. 

Also the debt thing and benefactors....well not only have we wrote the book but we’ve still got the teeshirts left over from our last episode. We are having a bad time of things just now as we genuinely are the third biggest club in Scotland. We are a sleeping giant and if it wasn’t for the massive gulf in finances that the two erse cheeks from Glasgow throw about, then we’d be able to mount a challenge. Obviously our finances just now are in a predicament due to the state our last manager, who I can’t name without spitting venom, dictates what we can and are prepared to offer. So it’s no wonder Sam chose the Rovers over a move back here. 

Good luck with your team though and I’m glad your girlfriends grandad was a Jambo as we are a unique breed! 

HHGH 🇱🇻